Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question about mushy caps [Re: 0bi.wan.Jacoby]
    #24704177 - 10/12/17 09:40 AM (1 year, 7 months ago)

Quote:

0bi.wan.Jacoby said:
First time grower here, I'm just curious of its natural, per genetics, or am I doing something wrong. I have a cap that has kind of shriveled after the veil has opened. Another looks like it might do the same. I also have some that are looking cracked on the top but feel healthy and hydrated. I'm growing golden teacher from a multispore syringe in a monotub. My rh only drops below 90 when I'm misting and my temp inside my box are reading right at 80 degress F. I have teo tubs and both have some that are doing this while having some that arent. So my question is, am I doing something wrong or is this just an example of genetic differences in a multispore?

Keep things 68-72. Humidity should be like 40-80 and fluctuate.
You should need to mist a monotub at all or if you do not very often

Take a picture of the whole tub. Looks like something is wrong with your fae too

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleprettyMushy

Loc: Canada
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24704280 - 10/12/17 10:52 AM (1 year, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

No its because spore syringes are not really clean enough to inoculate anything but cakes or agar with.

Cakes don't get shaken and agar can separate the nasty from the good. With agar you get clean mycelium for inoculation of grain

thats crazy because thats the only way ive ever done it :shrug:

--------------------
Anything posted from this account is made up for the entertainment of others, this account is a complete work of fiction. Its not illegal to get bored and make up stories, authors do it all the time.

OfflineGurdjieff
Alchemist
 User Gallery
Loc: North America
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: prettyMushy]
    #24704341 - 10/12/17 11:27 AM (1 year, 7 months ago)

Amazing. Thank you.

--------------------
Man lives in sleep.

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: prettyMushy]
    #24704372 - 10/12/17 11:41 AM (1 year, 7 months ago)

Quote:

prettyMushy said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:

No its because spore syringes are not really clean enough to inoculate anything but cakes or agar with.

Cakes don't get shaken and agar can separate the nasty from the good. With agar you get clean mycelium for inoculation of grain

thats crazy because thats the only way ive ever done it :shrug:

Well it can work sure. Ive done grows with syringes too.

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
if you make a LC with a spore syringe or spores in general just assume it's going to be contaminated and fail. unless you test it and it works, in which case you got lucky.

LC needs to be started with a clean culture. Like on agar.

A single drop of spore syringe solution can have literally millions of spores
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/21365919/fpart/all/vc/1

the chances of 1 contaminant being part of 1,000,000 cube spores is pretty high, we grow cubes out in the open in fruiting chambers. You would have to grow the shrooms in a bio-hazard clean room to get a print to be clean enough to make reliable LC with.

LC is liquid so one single contamination will and homogenize so that the entire LC will contain the contaminant microorganism.

on agar a single contaminant or two stays localized on the first dish and you can transfer clean mycelium to a new dish leaving any contamination away. this clean culture is what you need for LC work.

InvisibleprettyMushy

Loc: Canada
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24704391 - 10/12/17 11:52 AM (1 year, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

Well it can work sure. Ive done grows with syringes too.

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
if you make a LC with a spore syringe or spores in general just assume it's going to be contaminated and fail. unless you test it and it works, in which case you got lucky.

LC needs to be started with a clean culture. Like on agar.

A single drop of spore syringe solution can have literally millions of spores
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/21365919/fpart/all/vc/1

the chances of 1 contaminant being part of 1,000,000 cube spores is pretty high, we grow cubes out in the open in fruiting chambers. You would have to grow the shrooms in a bio-hazard clean room to get a print to be clean enough to make reliable LC with.

LC is liquid so one single contamination will and homogenize so that the entire LC will contain the contaminant microorganism.

on agar a single contaminant or two stays localized on the first dish and you can transfer clean mycelium to a new dish leaving any contamination away. this clean culture is what you need for LC work.

thats pretty cool man =D

--------------------
Anything posted from this account is made up for the entertainment of others, this account is a complete work of fiction. Its not illegal to get bored and make up stories, authors do it all the time.

Invisible0bi.wan.Jacoby
Male
    #24705518 - 10/12/17 08:59 PM (1 year, 7 months ago)

So there's no other factors that could be at play here?

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Question about mushy caps [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24705531 - 10/12/17 09:05 PM (1 year, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Quote:

0bi.wan.Jacoby said:
First time grower here, I'm just curious of its natural, per genetics, or am I doing something wrong. I have a cap that has kind of shriveled after the veil has opened. Another looks like it might do the same. I also have some that are looking cracked on the top but feel healthy and hydrated. I'm growing golden teacher from a multispore syringe in a monotub. My rh only drops below 90 when I'm misting and my temp inside my box are reading right at 80 degress F. I have teo tubs and both have some that are doing this while having some that arent. So my question is, am I doing something wrong or is this just an example of genetic differences in a multispore?

Keep things 68-72. Humidity should be like 40-80 and fluctuate.
You should need to mist a monotub at all or if you do not very often

Take a picture of the whole tub. Looks like something is wrong with your fae too

I think its conditions

OfflineAck4
Sum Dude
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: flowchart all in one [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24732722 - 10/23/17 10:38 PM (1 year, 6 months ago)

I need to make one more post to view one of your pages, so I'll just take the chance to say thanks! You're by far the clearest person I've read yet, I'm stoked to find out what methods you use.

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: flowchart all in one [Re: Ack4]
    #24732738 - 10/23/17 10:48 PM (1 year, 6 months ago)

Haha could have sent me a PM.
Thanks for stopping by

OfflineAlpherbets
Stranger
    #24758377 - 11/04/17 06:41 AM (1 year, 6 months ago)

Hi, burning my way through the teks . Y'all are way more organized than the stoners lol! Information has been brilliant by the way, but one or two of the links are restricted cos i haven't posted .... 10/ or is it 14 times shit i can't remember. My dad used to say there is no such thing as a stupid question, no he died before the internet before anyone asks. Im at the start end of a mycology hobby,I have loads of questions being answered by the fantastic posters on here, and thats my "problem" I'm aware of the search bar in the top right hand corner.

So any tips for a guy who's not "social"and would like to remain relatively private  with a working knowledge of how to use search engines(y'all even have a search engine for dummies ffs!!)on what the fuck i can post?

OfflineAlpherbets
Stranger
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Alpherbets]
    #24758380 - 11/04/17 06:43 AM (1 year, 6 months ago)

I figure if the question isnt answered here I'm in trouble. Thats 2

OfflineAlpherbets
Stranger
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Alpherbets]
    #24758383 - 11/04/17 06:45 AM (1 year, 6 months ago)

Even asking that question was pointless wasn't it. Three

OfflineAlpherbets
Stranger
    #24758390 - 11/04/17 07:00 AM (1 year, 6 months ago)

See

Excellent advise
Also this

apologies for the cussing
Four

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #24758693 - 11/04/17 11:02 AM (1 year, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alpherbets said:
I figure if the question isnt answered here I'm in trouble. Thats 2

You can post whatever you want. People sleep you know. It's only been 4 hours.

Posting 4 times in a row, don't do that.

OfflineAlpherbets
Stranger

#24759642 - 11/04/17 05:56 PM (1 year, 6 months ago)

4 hours? Not in a hurry apologies if you thought that. Don't post 4 times in a row. Yessir,  Gotcha. Thank you.
Five

OfflineScrapper
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24770929 - 11/09/17 09:22 AM (1 year, 6 months ago)

sweet baby Jesus!!! Thanks Bodhisatta for simplifying such an involved process!  I feel much more comfortable now moving forward with my first attempt

--------------------
[image][/image]

Offlinejkinse02
Voyager
Very helpful collection of information [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24776519 - 11/11/17 08:28 PM (1 year, 6 months ago)

I have been lurking here for years. Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for all the hard work you guys do, organizing the info and guiding us junior mycologists along! You guys rock!

--------------------
Anything I say, can and should be discarded. I have no idea what I am talking about.

OfflineMushrooMom
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: Inland Northwest USA
Re: Very helpful collection of information [Re: jkinse02]
    #24776553 - 11/11/17 08:50 PM (1 year, 6 months ago)

I second that opinion.

--------------------
MushrooMom

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Very helpful collection of information [Re: MushrooMom]
    #24777233 - 11/12/17 09:03 AM (1 year, 6 months ago)

Question!

Why is PF Tek (without agar) recommend but grains (without agar) are not recommended (MS).

I initially assumed contam risk but its about the same with proper PC and sterile procedure, no?

I would have no problem with MS if all syringes were clean, it turns out pretty potent usually IME. But my last two syringes  caused the exact same type of mold in every jar at the same time (developing with the myc, and being green by like day 4-5), usually with sterile procedure its like some make it some dont but contams usually dont develop in complete uniform like an LC. (from what ive witnessed)

Anyway this is really cool. Just wonder why grain is discouraged without making agar first? Assuming you soak, PC it for longer (70-90 mins etc). It used to be that after mastering PF tek i recall being encouraged to learn grain + coir MS.

This was years ago though. I see how shroomery is always evolving, and the existence of this forum has helped me so much :smile:

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Very helpful collection of information [Re: Fractal420]
    #24777625 - 11/12/17 01:09 PM (1 year, 6 months ago)

Cakes don't get shaken and mixed with stuff. So they mitigate most of the very little contamination in a syringe.

Grain spawn or LC will amplify contamination if any is present

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started