Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Ranch Dressing, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleSunnyDayzeS
Finder of shrubberies
Female User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: ythan please locked subject option lol [Re: JanSalmon]
    #25898688 - 03/26/19 08:37 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Maybe Ythan can set it up so alarms go off and you get a tiny electric shock when you change the subject line 😂

:booooom:

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

Re: ythan please locked subject option lol [Re: SunnyDayze]
    #25899327 - 03/27/19 03:50 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

What’s up Bodhi.  I have 3 older plates of Caerulescens that are getting close to producing pins.  If I swab some of the myc for an LC will it fuck up the development of pins?  Here’s some pics.

Was thinking about taking the swab from between the 10 & 2 positions on the first pic.

Thanks,

BB

--------------------

OfflineAlkaliDreams
Stranger

Re: ythan please locked subject option lol [Re: Brain Bulb]
    #25899394 - 03/27/19 06:52 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Thanks for all the great info on this forum.  On my 2nd grow now, 1st monotub.

Since I am a newb, can anyone tell me if it is normal?

PC GT in BRF cakes.  2.5 qts worth of cakes were shredded to 4-5 qts sub.
Sub is cooked coir (bods bucket tek).  Was going to use just cooked coir, but field capacity was way off - came out very wet.  Added some vern to get it rigt - but the verm was not sterilizes or pasteurized in any way - just added to the coir when it was slightly warm.

Spawn+sub was put in 66qt tub, sub is a little thin (maybe 3 inches)but I lost some of my BRF jars to water intrusion when I PCd them so I worked with what I had.  I added a thin coir/verm layer on top of the mixed up sub.  Temps are ~70

Seems to be colonizing slowly.  Pics are last night at 7.5 days in.  Color towards edges of one pic is not dry coir or contam it is the edge of the light from the flashlight I was using to take the pics - it had a colored ring from the lens.

Thanks again for the great learning tools here - it can be a bit overwhelming.

--------------------
There's truth where the filth is.
There's lies in the law.

Offlinep1x1e
cat
 User Gallery
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: heyzeuscristo]
    #25905021 - 03/30/19 01:21 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Colonizing jars of spawn was a HUGE learning curve. I managed 1 from 12 with syringe but sure it will go better 4ward 😜
I used ice inside a wooden box with Perspex doors in the front and light mounted top.
The ice dropped my temp 2 just below 80 degrees F
I switched the light off at night cos it seemed like the jar colonized a bit better out of direct light.
My question is how much light is good?
And should the amount of light exposure change from spawn to fruiting?

InvisibleGypsyCurse

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: p1x1e]
    #25905303 - 03/30/19 07:13 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
If going for isolates you'll want to obtain like 10+ because most of them will suck. 

I will basically be isolating sectors, cuz i dnt have a lab.
Does this still hold true for isolated sectors?

--------------------
~The Gypsy Den~

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: GypsyCurse]
    #25905348 - 03/30/19 08:29 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Is there a difference I don't know about?

InvisibleGypsyCurse

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25905914 - 03/30/19 03:11 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Between an isolated sector and a true isolate? In the post you seem to identify them differently. So im confused cuz your now suggesting there is no difference that you know of.
A true isolate being two spores that mate to create one strain, and an isolated sector being several strains that basically group together in a dense and even fasion. Do i have that wrong?

A true isolate is apparently very difficult to get. But you dnt say that isolated sectors mostly suck. You say that isolates mostly suck. That makes a big ass difference to me at the present moment and the future direction of my mycological research.

Im also having a hard time believing there isnt any difference between a single isolate and an isolated sector. Im not certain how to even search this forum something that specific other than spending my entire day reading and find a bunch of misinformation. If you have already sorted this out in a "how to" you've put together, i have tried but cant seem to locate it.

--------------------
~The Gypsy Den~

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: GypsyCurse]
    #25906035 - 03/30/19 04:15 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

There's no such thing as an isolated sector you made that up

InvisibleGypsyCurse

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25906868 - 03/31/19 12:02 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24213023#24213023

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Single sector isolate may have more than one strain that are highly compatible.

Single strain isolate would be just two spores that successfully mated
Two monokaryons turned into dikaryotic mycelium.

Unless you do lab work you likely have single sector isolates

Isolated sector/single sector isolate... Shud i not be using those two term interchangebly?

--------------------
~The Gypsy Den~

Offlinep1x1e
cat
 User Gallery
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: p1x1e]
    #25907235 - 03/31/19 07:47 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I found some info from the cultivation forum - about 12hrs on 12 hrs off - seems to be colonizing better though without additional lighting even in the staggered mono-tubs.

He who searches WILL find!

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25907279 - 03/31/19 09:10 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Isolated sector is a made up name. Unless you have some legitimate evidence to differentiate that from a single sector isolate

InvisibleGypsyCurse

#25907701 - 03/31/19 02:09 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I see.

--------------------
~The Gypsy Den~

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: GypsyCurse] * 1
    #25907720 - 03/31/19 02:15 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

There's MS. Then i guess if you do some transfers you get "limited MS, once you see sectoring you take sectors and put them on new dishes until you have no more sectoring. This is a single sector isolate which is a name i wouldn't use. I would just say monoculture.

I would use the word isolate for a known two spore mating. Where it was isolated from other growth before it met up with any other hyphae/mycelium.

When you do isolation on agar down to a monoculture there may have been some genetic exchange so I say monoculture as it behaves as one as a culture but may happen to have the genetics from more than two monokarions

OfflineTormato
It’s OK!! I’m a Limo Driver!! 😁
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25907938 - 03/31/19 04:05 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
There's MS. Then i guess if you do some transfers you get "limited MS, once you see sectoring you take sectors and put them on new dishes until you have no more sectoring. This is a single sector isolate which is a name i wouldn't use. I would just say monoculture.

I would use the word isolate for a known two spore mating. Where it was isolated from other growth before it met up with any other hyphae/mycelium.

When you do isolation on agar down to a monoculture there may have been some genetic exchange so I say monoculture as it behaves as one as a culture but may happen to have the genetics from more than two monokarions

Nice explanation. :takingnotes:

--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Tormato's Q&A Thread Post Questions Here or PM me!

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." ~ Grateful Dead

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

Tormato's LAGM 2020

Come chat with me and other Trusted Cultivators and Trusted Identifiers on Shroomery Discord

Some cool videos I like to watch under the influence.

InvisibleGypsyCurse

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Tormato]
    #25908683 - 04/01/19 12:18 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Ok, good to know.

--------------------
~The Gypsy Den~

Edited by GypsyCurse (04/01/19 03:37 AM)

OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic

#25910892 - 04/02/19 05:39 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Hi Bod.
Just made some oats yesterday and I got a thought.
So I PCed the grains yesterday for 1.5h with foil on top.
Will use my agar plates today to inoculate. My question being, since I haven't opened the PC, is it acceptable to transfer the grain jars straight from the PC to my SAB then ONLY removing the foil without wiping them down with ISO?

In my mind they should still be extremely clean# especially under the foil.
Please correct me if this is "bad form".

Thanks!

PS: Testning to fruit a brf cake with your ziplock bag tek for fun currently.

--------------------
:sporedrop:Trade List:sporedrop:

LAGM2021

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Puduwoke]
    #25910945 - 04/02/19 07:00 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

When a PC cools it sucks in room air. The outside of the jars and under the foil probably isn't as clean as you think. Doesn't really matter though. I actually opt to take jars out at the end of the cycle while they're hot and take the foil off while they're hot.

You can get them into your sab any way you want though.

OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic

#25910969 - 04/02/19 07:31 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Alright, thank you.
Will use ISO for sure then. Thank you for clearing that up for me!

Hope all is well with you.

--------------------
:sporedrop:Trade List:sporedrop:

LAGM2021

Edited by Puduwoke (04/02/19 07:32 AM)

Offlinesumohomo
Stranger
Copelandia Trouble [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25915388 - 04/04/19 01:40 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Although I am well versed in cubensis cultivation including mass cultivation techniques, I am relatively new copelandia. I have been working with cope. Jamaicans now for over 3 months with only a very limited number of infections that happened only after sitting in the fruiting chamber (of which I've used numerous types) for at minimum of 14 days with no fruition...

Which brings me to my problem/question:
I have yet to get these to fruit. I have taken them all the way to what seems to be primordia formation but never ever pins. Currently I am using LC-> MacMerdin's Tek for cultivation of dung lovers using a SG FC burying the Ziplocs up to the rim once fully colonized and cased with 50/50+

Growth typically explodes immediately following inoculation as any Pan. should. However once fully colonized and cased, they will only partially colonize the casing. Which is good, but then all growth and forward progress stalls once mycelium is starting to show through casing and form what seems to be primordia. No green, purple, pink or any other weird color, or funky smell unless I let this sit for at least 2-3 weeks after I see the primordia.

What am I missing? I've misted and then fanned with the lid of the SG FC twice a day, up to 5 times a day, but still nothing. No pins, no fruits, no infections.

Here are pics of one of the Ziploc tubs I have going and also one of the trays I have going in the SG FC

Offlinesumohomo
Stranger
Re: Copelandia Trouble [Re: sumohomo]
    #25915417 - 04/04/19 02:03 PM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I should probably add (hindsight=20/20) the fruiting temp is currently about 75f and the humidity is about 70-80% at all times in the SG FC

Also the Ziploc is over 10 days in FC and the tray is about 7 in FC.

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Ranch Dressing, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started