Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Peat, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | Next >
OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Questions [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25835407 - 02/24/19 08:56 PM (2 months, 25 days ago)

Alright. Thought you might still know, even if you do not use bags or stir plates yourself.

Thanks anyway

--------------------
:sporedrop:Trade List:sporedrop:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Questions [Re: Puduwoke]
    #25835604 - 02/24/19 11:24 PM (2 months, 25 days ago)

Seen people try them over the years with varying success. Seen lots better success from people who never used them. Surely they can be used but i don't see a reason to use one unless you had one given to you for free.

OfflineMFisc
Stranger
    #25836229 - 02/25/19 09:49 AM (2 months, 25 days ago)

Damn i love this forum <3

OfflineHumanhelper
Stranger
Loc: South by Southwest
    #25836432 - 02/25/19 11:30 AM (2 months, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Puduwoke said:
Quote:

Puduwoke said:

Question 1: oh and another question I been having just came up.
I got a stir plate for LC. I read some where that you can/should CONSTANTLY stir it on a medium to low setting, around where there is barely a dimple on the surface of the LC. Is this true and should you start to stir it right away with both spore inoculation and agar wedge or should you let it 'recover' for a day or so?

Question 2: What is you view on sealing bags before PCing them? I done it twice with success but maybe it's a bad idea. Just because it worked a couple of times, doesnt mean it's a good idea. Would like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Bump

Quote:

bodhisatta said:

I don't use stir plates. Find your own tek if you're playing with LC. Or figure out who used stir plates and had results you like.

I also don't use bags. If I did I would not preseal because I would be g2g into them.

First, Bodhista, not hijacking your thread but I thought I'd shoot a line about LC for Puduwoke: I started with LC and used a stir plate I built. I would stir once daily for 5-10min when I saw spores germinating....This comes from lab experience with yeast and I treated the mycelium the same as yeast germ.  Stir x1 or x2 times daily while multiplying, once done place in fridge for storage.  BUT, You will love agar if you make the switch:) PM me if you still have questions.
However, I immediately dumped LC for agar for a multitude of reasons...ease of use, A2G is insanely simple, 2d surface of agar reveals contams without having to test each LC on a BRF jar before use on grain, and it is cheap, fun as hell to watch, and useful in cloning, spore germ, etc....make the switch my friend:). Tons of teks...use the search function.  You'll be pleased!

--------------------
It looks a lot more like it does now than it did...

OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic
 User Gallery

Re: Questions [Re: Humanhelper]
    #25836566 - 02/25/19 12:41 PM (2 months, 25 days ago)

Thanks mate. All good info.
I already di agar tho. Started as soon as I got into the hobby :rockon:

--------------------

OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic
 User Gallery

#25836675 - 02/25/19 01:44 PM (2 months, 25 days ago)

Hey Bod! Hope you are well?

Question: I got one of there and I always had it inside my SAB and used it to wet my paper towels INSIDE the SAB. Is that ok or does it stir around the air to much?

Feels like moving my arm in and out of the SAB over and over would be worse but what do I know?:shrug:

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25836834 - 02/25/19 02:52 PM (2 months, 25 days ago)

Probably fine. Makes you use more iso than you probably need to use tho.

OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic
 User Gallery

#25836883 - 02/25/19 03:23 PM (2 months, 25 days ago)

Alright will do.

Will get a towel to minimiza draft and get a metal rack elivated inside the SAB. Better safe then sorry, can't Hurt.

Like always, thanks Bod!

I will upload a session inside the SAB and people can tell me all the things I been doing wrong.

I think I be moving around to fast in there also..

Thank you master :bow2:

Havent been home last month and spent tons more time then normaly here on the forum. I have learnt so much things during this time!:leocheers:

--------------------

Edited by Puduwoke (02/25/19 03:25 PM)

OfflineThekd95
Stranger

#25836913 - 02/25/19 03:41 PM (2 months, 25 days ago)

This maybe a silly question but what indicates the end of the first flush?

OfflinePixies
Stranger
 User Gallery

Coir is simply coir, right? Not palm peat! [Re: Thekd95]
    #25845582 - 03/01/19 12:59 PM (2 months, 21 days ago)

Hi, just to clarify before I get going with Bod's bucket tek. Coir is simply the fibre on the outside of the coconut, right? Where I live, the nurseries sell it loosely packaged and they sell palm peat in brick form. But it's not palm peat I need. I must use plain coir?

InvisibleKodanama
Student
 User Gallery
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25847845 - 03/02/19 03:33 PM (2 months, 20 days ago)

Is this tub bad? These corners have me concerned?!

Zero signs of metabolites. Smells Great.

Most of my tubs start pinning on Day 8 or 9 using your TEK's.

This tub spawned 11 days ago and no pins. It looks like a tub that recently I trashed after not pinning for 28 days.

WWBD? Be patient or send it to the Learning Receptacle?

Here's an updated picture a couple days later...

Edited by Kodanama (03/04/19 08:01 PM)

OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic
 User Gallery

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Kodanama]
    #25848485 - 03/02/19 09:16 PM (2 months, 19 days ago)

Hi Bodhisatta

I got a few half pint jars laying around and was going to do some BRF cakes for fun.
Question:  My lids are all grain jar lids with sfd and ship. My question being, shouldnt be a problem using these without the verm layer right? And simply inject in only one place (Middle) or simply spray the spores around the sides of the substrate?

Hope you are all well!

--------------------

Offlinearcherkillian
Stranger
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Puduwoke]
    #25850431 - 03/03/19 09:12 PM (2 months, 18 days ago)

After somewhat sterilizing 650g coir with 3.25L boiling water and letting it sit for an hour and mixing, can I pour that out into a monotub (so I can do another coir run) and let it cool there for a day or would there be any downside to doing this?

Does the coir need to be past any specific temp before adding spawn or should we just aim for room temp or lower?

OfflineGardenOfEntheogens
Stranger
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: archerkillian]
    #25852200 - 03/04/19 04:22 PM (2 months, 18 days ago)

Awesome work, thank you!

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: GardenOfEntheogens]
    #25852892 - 03/04/19 09:34 PM (2 months, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Thekd95 said:
This maybe a silly question but what indicates the end of the first flush?

when you harvest

Quote:

Pixies said:
Hi, just to clarify before I get going with Bod's bucket tek. Coir is simply the fibre on the outside of the coconut, right? Where I live, the nurseries sell it loosely packaged and they sell palm peat in brick form. But it's not palm peat I need. I must use plain coir?

coir is the husk of coconut

Quote:

Kodanama said:

This tub spawned 11 days ago and no pins. It looks like a tub that recently I trashed after not pinning for 28 days.

looks funny to me

hows it look today?

Quote:

Puduwoke said:
Hi Bodhisatta

I got a few half pint jars laying around and was going to do some BRF cakes for fun.
Question:  My lids are all grain jar lids with sfd and ship. My question being, shouldnt be a problem using these without the verm layer right? And simply inject in only one place (Middle) or simply spray the spores around the sides of the substrate?

Hope you are all well!

yes you can do that, or even remove the lid entirely to inoculate

Quote:

archerkillian said:
After somewhat sterilizing 650g coir with 3.25L boiling water and letting it sit for an hour and mixing, can I pour that out into a monotub (so I can do another coir run) and let it cool there for a day or would there be any downside to doing this?

Does the coir need to be past any specific temp before adding spawn or should we just aim for room temp or lower?

it can cool in the tub. you can add spawn once it's cool enough to not burn the spawn up. probably below 80f is good

Quote:

GardenOfEntheogens said:
Awesome work, thank you!

:rockon:

OfflinePixies
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25853436 - 03/05/19 05:40 AM (2 months, 17 days ago)

Quote:

coir is the husk of coconut

Thanks Bod

OfflineArzeo

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Pixies]
    #25854051 - 03/05/19 12:55 PM (2 months, 17 days ago)

Hey I have a couple pics of this tub, pins popped up and seemed to have stalled or were just growing too slow. Slight yellowing of myc due to some drying out after fruiting. Sub might have been over misted and misted during pinning. The veils don't seem to be breaking, but the pins grow very slowly. No full sized shrooms have grown after pins for ~7-12 days. What is happening?

OfflineCid_Fxbb
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Pixies]
    #25854056 - 03/05/19 12:59 PM (2 months, 17 days ago)

Bod Thanks for sharing all your shit. I went and bought a kit (amateur hour) to do cakes and everythings been working out well but now gonna step up to bulk and follow your Teks. I've been using the open oven to inoculate and one burner going to flame the tip of the needle (no soot left on tip like a lighter). Haven't seen anyone use this to do G2G but I'm still researching. I understand excessive heat is not good for Myce and Hope to get a master jar going this week. Sorry to clutter up your thread but I gotta get my posts up to open up some of the site.

--------------------
Protect Yourself

DuckDuckGo    IPVanish    Protonmail

InvisibleKodanama
Student
 User Gallery
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25854559 - 03/05/19 05:47 PM (2 months, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Kodanama said:

Quote:

looks funny to me

hows it look today?

Bod..this is today.

This back right corner is what has me puzzled (and still no pins)

OfflineHKBA
Stranger

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25864565 - 03/10/19 03:15 AM (2 months, 12 days ago)

Hey bod, I see that there is a favourite post section under my account but I am unsure as to how I add a post to my favourites?

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | Next >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Peat, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started