Home | Community | Message Board


Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Aquarium Heater, Brown Rice Flour, Coir

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | Next > | Last >
Offlinenewtomyc
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Registered: 12/24/18
Posts: 1,031
Loc: here there and everywhere
Last seen: 4 months, 3 days
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25796619 - 02/07/19 07:51 AM (2 years, 24 days ago)

Hey brother, I'm following,well pretty much all your teks, but the one I'm currently on is your oat prep (which I think I got down). The question is, I'm going to use the oat water for agar, should one filler the water first? I know in your Agar write up, sediment doesn't matter for brf, does this apply for the oat water as well?

Much appreciated all the work you done for this site.


Edited by newtomyc (02/07/19 07:57 AM)


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePsilocophy
Stranger

Registered: 08/13/18
Posts: 63
Last seen: 29 days, 23 hours
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25806382 - 02/11/19 08:04 PM (2 years, 20 days ago)

Man I wish I found your threads when I first started. It’s been a year of dense research to learn everything I just read from you in 15 minutes.


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFields
De por alli
Male

Registered: 07/16/18
Posts: 28
Loc: Costa Rica Flag
Last seen: 1 day, 5 hours
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Psilocophy]
    #25807936 - 02/12/19 03:02 PM (2 years, 19 days ago)

Ahoy! the best easy AF teks ever. *grateful.
If i have a contaminated brf cake what is the simplest procedure to get it ready fill and inoculate again?

i couldnt figure out how to "search bods posts" :crazy:


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 04/30/13
Posts: 60,363
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Fields]
    #25808034 - 02/12/19 03:42 PM (2 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

newtomyc said:
Hey brother, I'm following,well pretty much all your teks, but the one I'm currently on is your oat prep (which I think I got down). The question is, I'm going to use the oat water for agar, should one filler the water first? I know in your Agar write up, sediment doesn't matter for brf, does this apply for the oat water as well?

Much appreciated all the work you done for this site.



I don't filter

Quote:

Fields said:
Ahoy! the best easy AF teks ever. *grateful.
If i have a contaminated brf cake what is the simplest procedure to get it ready fill and inoculate again?

i couldnt figure out how to "search bods posts" :crazy:



Dump out wash jar. Refill and continue on


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblewhitewombat
Ancient Alien

Registered: 12/03/18
Posts: 50
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25809680 - 02/13/19 11:43 AM (2 years, 18 days ago)

Not a question, but thanks for answering all these questions!!


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinenewtomyc
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Registered: 12/24/18
Posts: 1,031
Loc: here there and everywhere
Last seen: 4 months, 3 days
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: whitewombat]
    #25813915 - 02/15/19 08:34 AM (2 years, 16 days ago)

Hey Bod, I was curious if you still did g2g or just go a2g for every jar?

Think I'm going to try g2g for the experience but again I'm really just curious what you are partial to.

Thanks


--------------------
JJ

Draw unto others as they have been drawn to you.... WSP


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblewoofwoof
such mushrooms!
I'm a teapot User Gallery


Registered: 01/04/19
Posts: 1,059
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: newtomyc]
    #25814900 - 02/15/19 05:23 PM (2 years, 16 days ago)

Hi guys, I am following Bod’s Unmodified tub tek and I can’t find the thread for ideal surface conditions as I am trying to study up on how my coir to spawn is best managed. Can someone point out updated tried and true thread relating to surface conditions? I’ve tried searching, but I can’t find it, my search skills need improvement


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGrowgrl
Female User Gallery


Registered: 03/25/18
Posts: 19
Loc: Hanging Gardens of Babylo...
Last seen: 10 months, 13 days
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: woofwoof]
    #25816468 - 02/16/19 12:44 PM (2 years, 15 days ago)

I saw in an old thread when you used to do cakes where you would just put a plastic bag over the cake in the jar. Did you dunk the cake and then return it to the jar? Also, did you mist sometimes?


--------------------


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAlpha432
Stranger
Registered: 02/16/19
Posts: 1
Last seen: 1 year, 8 months
Q&A [Re: Growgrl]
    #25816477 - 02/16/19 12:51 PM (2 years, 15 days ago)

My BRF cakes are fruiting, and since last Sunday only one has began to pinn, they have about 5 small limbs & the others are not doing anything, there is white fuzzy mycelium and bright white mycelium all throughout all the cakes. The humidity is high, and the temp is about 70-73f. Is it normal for other cakes to be slower?


Edited by Alpha432 (02/16/19 12:52 PM)


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblereplyom


Registered: 06/19/12
Posts: 342
Re: Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25817861 - 02/17/19 01:18 AM (2 years, 14 days ago)

Hey man, I'm going to be trying your unmodified monotub. Went to the store today and they only had gasket Sterlite tubs in size 80 qt. You mentioned in your tek that 80 qt was your least favorite.

Question 1: Why is 80 qt your least favorite? And why is 54 qt your favorite over 32 qt?

Question 2: Do you use the same volume of spawn/coir for a 32/54/80 qt monotub?

Thanks!


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSmileyman5
Stranger
 User Gallery
Registered: 02/17/19
Posts: 7
Last seen: 1 year, 11 months
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: replyom]
    #25818332 - 02/17/19 09:58 AM (2 years, 14 days ago)

As a complete noob. This is fucking awesome I just purchased from one of your sponsored sites and now going to build and begin prepping for this miracle to arrive I bought one syringe is that going to give me enough of a chance for success


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSunnyDayzeS
Finder of shrubberies
Female User Gallery


Registered: 12/30/17
Posts: 2,228
Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Smileyman5]
    #25818480 - 02/17/19 11:17 AM (2 years, 14 days ago)

:vibin::vibin::vibin:

I know what you're feeling right now and it is awesome! 

Best advice, there are so many directions you can go in, pick a trusted cultivator or two and check out their recommended teks to start with, be open to new ideas and not defensive when people try to help, and be patient lol  oh yeah, and get into agar!  It's the shit!

It's so much to take and learn in but this community is the absolute best.  Happy microscoping my friend!


--------------------


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 04/30/13
Posts: 60,363
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Smileyman5] * 1
    #25818503 - 02/17/19 11:32 AM (2 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

newtomyc said:
Hey Bod, I was curious if you still did g2g or just go a2g for every jar?

Think I'm going to try g2g for the experience but again I'm really just curious what you are partial to.

Thanks



Both

Quote:

woofwoof said:
Hi guys, I am following Bod’s Unmodified tub tek and I can’t find the thread for ideal surface conditions as I am trying to study up on how my coir to spawn is best managed. Can someone point out updated tried and true thread relating to surface conditions? I’ve tried searching, but I can’t find it, my search skills need improvement



Should look like morning dew on a spiderweb

Quote:

Growgrl said:
I saw in an old thread when you used to do cakes where you would just put a plastic bag over the cake in the jar. Did you dunk the cake and then return it to the jar? Also, did you mist sometimes?



Tek is in my link list. You can dunk or just mist more at the start. Managing moisture takes some practice but over wet is typical of new growers

Quote:

Alpha432 said:
My BRF cakes are fruiting, and since last Sunday only one has began to pinn, they have about 5 small limbs & the others are not doing anything, there is white fuzzy mycelium and bright white mycelium all throughout all the cakes. The humidity is high, and the temp is about 70-73f. Is it normal for other cakes to be slower?



Yes you have tens of thousands of strains of genetics if you grew from spores.

Quote:

replyom said:
Hey man, I'm going to be trying your unmodified monotub. Went to the store today and they only had gasket Sterlite tubs in size 80 qt. You mentioned in your tek that 80 qt was your least favorite.

Question 1: Why is 80 qt your least favorite? And why is 54 qt your favorite over 32 qt?

Question 2: Do you use the same volume of spawn/coir for a 32/54/80 qt monotub?

Thanks!



80q hardest to get right, more eggs in one basket, harder to maintain conditions required daily care which i couldn't always do.
The smaller two work fine for me can be left a couple days do just fine


Quote:

Smileyman5 said:
As a complete noob. This is fucking awesome I just purchased from one of your sponsored sites and now going to build and begin prepping for this miracle to arrive I bought one syringe is that going to give me enough of a chance for success



Glad to hear it


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleKodanama
Student
 User Gallery
Registered: 09/21/18
Posts: 46
Tub Check. Waste it or wait?? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25818816 - 02/17/19 02:32 PM (2 years, 14 days ago)

Spawned this tub 17 days ago, still no knots or pins.

Metabolites pooling in 2 corners.

My other tubs all pinned on Days 8/9.

Also, Thank you for your Tek's...just pulled 124.6g dry on 2nd flush from my 1st monotub ever.



Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTormato
It’s OK!! I’m a Limo Driver!! 😁
Male User Gallery


Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/01/17
Posts: 5,674
Last seen: 1 day, 2 hours
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Tub Check. Waste it or wait?? [Re: Kodanama]
    #25818833 - 02/17/19 02:41 PM (2 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Kodanama said:
Spawned this tub 17 days ago, still no knots or pins.

Metabolites pooling in 2 corners.

My other tubs all pinned on Days 8/9.

Also, Thank you for your Tek's...just pulled 124.6g dry on 2nd flush from my 1st monotub ever.





How does it smell? By the looks and the 17 days I would say contamination is hindering progression.

Did it get really dry at some point? Cracking a bit...

What's your sub material?

Any other info would be helpful, but It's doesn't look good to me.


--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Tormato's Q&A Thread Post Questions Here or PM me!

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." ~ Grateful Dead

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

Tormato's LAGM 2020

Come chat with me and other Trusted Cultivators and Trusted Identifiers on Shroomery Discord


Some cool videos I like to watch under the influence.


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleKodanama
Student
 User Gallery
Registered: 09/21/18
Posts: 46
Re: Tub Check. Waste it or wait?? [Re: Tormato]
    #25818869 - 02/17/19 02:58 PM (2 years, 14 days ago)

Hi Tormato, it smells fine (like my other tubs that are doing well. wild mushrooms).

It hasn't been dry but it likely cracked when I moved it from the bottom stack to the top.

I'm using straight Coir prepped using Bod's tek.

The other 3 tubs were like clockwork so something is def going on, just wondering if I should free up the tub and space with a new try or be patient a few more days?


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTormato
It’s OK!! I’m a Limo Driver!! 😁
Male User Gallery


Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/01/17
Posts: 5,674
Last seen: 1 day, 2 hours
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Tub Check. Waste it or wait?? [Re: Kodanama]
    #25819163 - 02/17/19 05:42 PM (2 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Kodanama said:
Hi Tormato, it smells fine (like my other tubs that are doing well. wild mushrooms).

It hasn't been dry but it likely cracked when I moved it from the bottom stack to the top.

I'm using straight Coir prepped using Bod's tek.

The other 3 tubs were like clockwork so something is def going on, just wondering if I should free up the tub and space with a new try or be patient a few more days?



Hmmmmm...that's up to you of course, but IDk...I honestly would start over on that one if it doesn't start popping soon. :shrug:


--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Tormato's Q&A Thread Post Questions Here or PM me!

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." ~ Grateful Dead

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

Tormato's LAGM 2020

Come chat with me and other Trusted Cultivators and Trusted Identifiers on Shroomery Discord


Some cool videos I like to watch under the influence.


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCarl_Lazlo_Esq
Maybe a Shaman
Male


Registered: 02/03/19
Posts: 572
Loc: Kentucky
Last seen: 1 year, 4 months
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25819383 - 02/17/19 07:18 PM (2 years, 14 days ago)


Do you think this homemade incubator will work? Without the aquarium heater at the bottom the temperature gauge in with the bags sometimes drops as low as  52° to 56° .... thank you


--------------------


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic


Registered: 06/25/17
Posts: 1,657
Last seen: 1 hour, 4 minutes
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Carl_Lazlo_Esq]
    #25819437 - 02/17/19 07:47 PM (2 years, 14 days ago)

Hi. Quick question.
Most of the older PF tek I read says to use 1cc in total per pf cake. But here a newer one which I trust more says he only uses 1-2 drops per hole?

Link: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24179086/fpart/all/vc/1
Do you agree with that being enough and if so why did people before use so much when Its not needed? Talking about a spore syringe here. (Vendors telling people to use a lot I Can understand, they want you to buy more syringes.)

Also, how come we always hear that spore syringe to grain is a big no no! While it seems to be standard when it comes to PF? Is PF less prone to contaminant?

Thanks


--------------------
:sporedrop:Trade List:sporedrop:

LAGM2021


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleKodanama
Student
 User Gallery
Registered: 09/21/18
Posts: 46
Re: Tub Check. Waste it or wait?? [Re: Tormato]
    #25819471 - 02/17/19 08:01 PM (2 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

Tormato said:
Quote:

Kodanama said:
Hi Tormato, it smells fine (like my other tubs that are doing well. wild mushrooms).

It hasn't been dry but it likely cracked when I moved it from the bottom stack to the top.

I'm using straight Coir prepped using Bod's tek.

The other 3 tubs were like clockwork so something is def going on, just wondering if I should free up the tub and space with a new try or be patient a few more days?



Hmmmmm...that's up to you of course, but IDk...I honestly would start over on that one if it doesn't start popping soon. :shrug:




Would 17 days after spawn without pinning be considered within "normal range" for a monotub?

Searching further found my answer so I'm going to wait it out a few more days.

Quote:

Caps McGee said:
... I usually see pins between 12-20 days depending on genetics and conditions...
 




Edited by Kodanama (02/18/19 11:29 AM)


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Aquarium Heater, Brown Rice Flour, Coir

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* soaking grain starting to bubble sharkjazz 105 5 03/02/21 12:03 AM
by sharkjazz
* [STICKY]♥Welcome to the Shroomery! This post has useful links and information for getting started♥
( 1 2 3 all )
YthanA 64,014 59 06/19/17 09:45 PM
by bodhisatta
* [STICKY] ⛺ Getting Started, Up To Date TEKs, Trusted Cultivator links ⛺
( 1 2 3 all )
bodhisattaM
420,827 59 06/07/17 10:53 PM
by bodhisatta
* Identifying These afarone 63 1 03/02/21 04:04 AM
by Goatrider

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, geokills, Asante, Shroomism, RogerRabbit, mushboy, fahtster, wildernessjunkie, Ballerium, cronicr, bodhisatta
427,883 topic views. 0 members, 8 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2021 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.079 seconds spending 0.015 seconds on 16 queries.