Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomDruid
Druid
Male User Gallery

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: HeavyMetal]
    #25651851 - 12/02/18 05:27 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Hey Bod,

Amazing videos and amazing information! Your wisdom and knowledge is so vital! thank you.

I do have a few questions that are small questions. I just wanna clear some things up. I was hoping you could help with?

Firstly, I bought an electronic PC:

http://https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5532700

Size wise, I now realise this wasn't a good idea. haha! it'll do various little boils. It's only a 4.5q as opposed to your 23q one. I will pick one of these up as well at some point soon. Are electronic ones different to the one you have? I haven't attempted to make anything yet mycelium wise, because I'm still collecting all my resources. Which leads me to my next question.

I've been trying to find what the best method is for me. I'm leaning towards either the PF Tek or your "Easy AF Oats" Tek (leaning more towards the oats one if i'm honest). I need to check and see the equipment I'm needing is right. If you don't mind scanning your eye over this and seeing if I'm missing anything. Or if there's anything that doesn't need to be on this list, I'd be much obliged:

One long-sleeve shirt (maybe you have one already)
Latex or nitrile disposable gloves
Two rubber bands
One bottle of 70% isopropyl alcohol
One lighter or alcohol lamp or butane torch (butane being the best)
One roll of paper towels
One roll of duct tape
One small pressure cooker (make sure it can hold at least a few quart-sized jars, 7 or more is preferable)
One roll of foil
One cubensis spore syringe
One 18 gauge or larger needle (sharp is preferable)
Two 5-gallon buckets with lid (got 1)
Two 650g bricks of coir (hydroponic or reptile, doesn't matter)
One small bag of fine vermiculite
One small bag of garden gypsum (optional)
One twenty pound bag of cheap WBS/Horse Oats
Two large strainers
A small roll of window screen
One 12 pack of quart-sized glass mason jars
One 3/4" or 1" drill bit or hole saw
One 1.5" drill bit or hole saw
One 4-6" hole saw (for the arm holes in your still-air box)
A drill (if you don't have one)
One large stockpot (if you don't have one)
Two 60-90qt clear plastic tubs with locking lid (66qt is preferable and the lid does not need to be clear)
One large clear plastic tub that is wider than your shoulders (for a still air box, larger/taller is better)
One 6500k daylight spectrum CFL bulb + lamp, or a shoplight with same temp bulb
One bag of polyester fiber
One small stand fan
One shoplight with 6500k daylight spectrum bulb(s)
One evaporative humidifer (optional)
One dehydrator (yes, with heat)

The last one I have is, when making SFD's, i was told I could put Silicon over it. Does it need a hole drilled underneath it? If so, what size of hole?

Thanks for your time. I am struggling to find small pieces of information like those on the forum.

Druid

--------------------
Druid of the Shrooms

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: ShroomDruid]
    #25652058 - 12/02/18 08:21 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

For lids i do a 1/4-3/8 hole. Cut a piece of SFD bigger than the hole and glue it on with silicone. If you cover the sfd completely with silicone it will defeat the purpose. The sfd is for sterile breathability.

Invisibleelasticaltiger
Like Tigers in Coitus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ *DELETED* [Re: OmegaDelta]
    #25653337 - 12/02/18 09:31 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

OmegaDelta said:
Post deleted by OmegaDelta

Reason for deletion: Brain

:rofl:

--------------------
First time growing cakes? DON'T make a Shotgun Fruiting Chamber

The Shmuvbox. - The Old TC's Like it :shrug:

Afraid to Start Growing From Your Own Prints? Drop it Like a Tiger!
No Pouring. No Syringes. No Cutting. No flaming. No Contamination. No Bullshit.

"The best thing to do while your waiting is to start more stuff. I usually got so much happening that I have tossed projects simply because I didn't have time for them. -Pastywhite QFT

Pastywhite's Easy Agar Tek (PastyPlates)

Tiger Drop Video Demos By munchauzen

Van Gogh would’ve sold more than one painting if he’d put tigers in them.―Bill Watterson

EZEKIEL 23:20

OfflineShroomDruid
Druid
Male User Gallery

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25653817 - 12/03/18 05:17 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
For lids i do a 1/4-3/8 hole. Cut a piece of SFD bigger than the hole and glue it on with silicone. If you cover the sfd completely with silicone it will defeat the purpose. The sfd is for sterile breathability.

thanks Bod.

I'm looking forward to getting started. This is helpful :smile:

--------------------
Druid of the Shrooms

InvisibleTheUltimateBohab
Fat and Slobby
I'm a teapot

Loc: LV-426
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: ShroomDruid]
    #25658112 - 12/04/18 11:43 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

considering unmodified tubs work so well is there a reason to actually need a true monotub?

--------------------
*DISCLAIMER*
Everything I say on here is BULLSHIT!! I lie so I can kick it...

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: TheUltimateBohab]
    #25658316 - 12/05/18 05:02 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Need? That's like saying toyota does so well do we need ford? People have preference

InvisibleTheUltimateBohab
Fat and Slobby
I'm a teapot

Loc: LV-426
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25658584 - 12/05/18 08:50 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Need? That's like saying toyota does so well do we need ford? People have preference

okay so its just a matter of preference i thought maybe certain verities it was more critical... and hell no we dont need ford unless your need is to rethread spark plugs holes...

--------------------
*DISCLAIMER*
Everything I say on here is BULLSHIT!! I lie so I can kick it...

OfflineFriendOfTheDevil70
Stranger

Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: TheUltimateBohab]
    #25663434 - 12/07/18 09:46 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

New to agar. I have used search function and all that I just can't seem to find what I need.
First I poured. My plates are all fine. No contams or anything from my pour.

On 12/3 I inoculated from a print of my own previous grow. Great growth on all the plates.
However there is some discoloration which is a big red flag for me. Potential triche I believe.
But I also might just be paranoid because i'm new to agar. I was very heavy handed with the
spores on my inoculating loop and have already learned that I should have been very light with them.
I thought the discoloration might just be the darkness of all the spores I swabbed on the
plates. Pics for reference below. any advice is greatly appreciated. They might even be ok. I see
some nice myc growth started on the edges of most of the clumps.

EDIT: I just re watched lets grow mushrooms part on cloning and contamination and guess I should just wait and see if i can get a transfer to a new plate away from contaminates. I still would love your opinion on if this is even triche or if they look fine. Thanks for all you do.

--------------------
Set out runnin' but I take my time
A friend of the Devil is a friend of mine
If I get home before daylight, I just might get some sleep tonight

Edited by FriendOfTheDevil70 (12/07/18 10:15 AM)

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: FriendOfTheDevil70]
    #25663541 - 12/07/18 11:05 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

The only thing growing on those plates is contamination unfortunately

OfflineFriendOfTheDevil70
Stranger

#25663696 - 12/07/18 12:28 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

So my print is trash most likely? Just moved across the country recently and these prints made the trip. A few times they must have gotten super hot in my car, I was not sure if they would even work anyways.

--------------------
Set out runnin' but I take my time
A friend of the Devil is a friend of mine
If I get home before daylight, I just might get some sleep tonight

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: FriendOfTheDevil70]
    #25663746 - 12/07/18 01:02 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Yea probably :frown:

Offlinelotusflower72
Stranger
Female
    #25664916 - 12/08/18 04:02 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

i would love some guidance...i am just getting started...thanks!

Offlinelotusflower72
Stranger
Female
    #25664934 - 12/08/18 04:12 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

i would love some guidance...thanks!

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: lotusflower72]
    #25665286 - 12/08/18 09:24 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Well that's everywhere here

InvisibleTormatoMFacebookDiscordReddit
The Goddess Kali Meh 😛
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: lotusflower72]
    #25665289 - 12/08/18 09:27 AM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

lotusflower72 said:
i would love some guidance...thanks!

You're standing in a library asking where can you find books...The information is all around you...you just gotta "search" for it :super:

--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Tormato's Q&A Thread Post Questions Here or PM me!

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." ~ Grateful Dead

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

OfflineMeowcologist
Stranger

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Tormato]
    #25668023 - 12/09/18 02:01 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks so much for sharing all of your gathered knowledge with the community

InvisibleThatknickkid

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Meowcologist]
    #25668077 - 12/09/18 02:22 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

I was just reading your polyfil lid tek. Do you PC with these same lids on the jars? If not I should make seperate lids for spore syringes and then use the single hole lids for g2g correct? I understand the polyfil allows the breathing without contamination, but would I have to include an extra SHIP or would it be fine to use the same hole as the polyfil? Sorry if these questions sound dumb, I am just not completely filled in when it comes to the lids. That is somehow where I run into the most confusion because I have seen so many different lids.thanks in advance for any sort of response! Much appreciative of all your hard work put in for the communuty to help simplify things as well.

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Thatknickkid]
    #25668083 - 12/09/18 02:24 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

you can add an injection port to any lid you want to add one to. or you can just take the lid off and squirt your spore syringe into the jar then put the lid back on in a SAB or using a flow hood.

the same lid stays with the jar through sterilization and colonization

InvisibleThatknickkid

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25668303 - 12/09/18 04:20 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks!

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Thatknickkid]
    #25674595 - 12/12/18 01:52 PM (5 years, 3 months ago)

Hey Bod,

Not sure if you remember the Caerulescens clone plate I asked you about a while back.  The myc spread very fast, was light and sticking straight up.  You suggested I take a transfer and see what happened.

This is a T7 from 12/07.  Very fluffy and the growth is asymmetrical but healthy.  These pics are from yesterday afternoon.  It’s on GSA with LME added to the GS at the beginning of the process.

These pics are of a SB I spawned about 2:30am yesterday.  Same clone but a T5.  Inoculated the jar of rye seed on 12/07.

What are your thoughts on this culture?

Thanks,

BB

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom