Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Brain Bulb]
    #25556288 - 10/21/18 07:12 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

How many jars of grain spawn should I use for a 60 qt tub?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Brain Bulb]
    #25557044 - 10/22/18 05:44 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

4-8

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25557519 - 10/22/18 10:19 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Hey Bod,

Cooked up a batch of oats to make some more GS agar.  Don’t think I let it cook long enough.  The transfers I’ve done have taken but are growing slow and not turning white.  Is that due to low nutrients in the agar mix?  If so should I toss it an start over?

--------------------

Edited by Brain Bulb (10/22/18 10:20 AM)

OfflineHuckleBerrySlim
Male User Gallery

#25558976 - 10/22/18 08:14 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Where was it I saw that dehydrators are fine with heating elements and you don’t have to worry about potency loss? Years ago when i was messing with these things everybody said “for the love of god cut your heating element out your fucking dehydrator” it seems like I read recently that all of a sudden it doesn’t matter anymore lol

Edited by HuckleBerrySlim (10/22/18 08:15 PM)

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: HuckleBerrySlim]
    #25559136 - 10/22/18 09:10 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Brain Bulb said:
Hey Bod,

Cooked up a batch of oats to make some more GS agar.  Don’t think I let it cook long enough.  The transfers I’ve done have taken but are growing slow and not turning white.  Is that due to low nutrients in the agar mix?  If so should I toss it an start over?

Should be fine anyway just lighter growth.

Quote:

HuckleBerrySlim said:
Where was it I saw that dehydrators are fine with heating elements and you don’t have to worry about potency loss? Years ago when i was messing with these things everybody said “for the love of god cut your heating element out your fucking dehydrator” it seems like I read recently that all of a sudden it doesn’t matter anymore lol

What sounds good + paranoia + what feels like common sense based on the misinformation you know.

Dumb info tends to spread like wildfire.

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25560799 - 10/23/18 04:38 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Trying to clone some pinners I found.  Would have let them grow but we had a cold front come through and they would’ve died.  First time so I can’t tell if this is mold or myc...  These are from 3 days ago.  The plate in the top pic has a big blob from me pouring reheated agar.

I have a better stipe from a specimen I picked yesterday.  I need to take the flesh in the middle of the stipe correct?

--------------------

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25560927 - 10/23/18 05:19 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Yep from middle. Take another transfer and post that, i think you got mycelium there. Looks a little"sandy" but also organized enough to be cubensis

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

#25560972 - 10/23/18 05:33 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Awesome, thanks Bod.  Should I do transfers on both?  This is a clone of some wild P. Caerulescens that grow in my yard.  From what I’ve seen on agar so far the myc is fluffy, but this being a clone could be different.

You think this shoebox is colonized enough to introduce fruiting conditions?

--------------------

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

#25561075 - 10/23/18 06:02 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

This transfer looks a little off as well.  I only had one plate of agar left and was trying to shake some bacteria so I put two transfers onto one plate until I was able to make some more.  Since they were the same species it looked like they were trying to come together but now that I’ve transferred it again onto a plate by itself the myc is still growing the same. 

--------------------

OfflineArzeo

#25561257 - 10/23/18 07:15 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Looking for some opinions on these plates. Spore syringe went directly onto 6 agar plates. They have been sitting for 3 weeks ~ 75 fahrenheit,  and only 2 are showing any growth. Growth started around the 2nd week for both plates. There were 2 main problems, 1: Agar pour was too hot and created massive condensation on lids, 2: Too much liquid was used for some plates(liquid just squirted out extremely fast). Here are some pics.

Pictures from viewpoint of bottom of plate due to condensation. 2nd pic is what the other 4 plates looks like.
I thought the one with 2 growths on it was myc at first but it's definitely too yellow right? They weren't placed in sunlight, would this make a difference?

Edited by Arzeo (10/23/18 07:18 PM)

Offlinewillwont
A
 User Gallery

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Arzeo]
    #25561519 - 10/23/18 08:38 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Many thanks !for this great thread. In my opinion those plates are toast Arzeo

OfflineArzeo

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: willwont]
    #25563235 - 10/24/18 12:29 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

willwont said:

If you're going to say plates are toast at least give some sort of explanation or constructional criticism. Saying they are toast is no help to me if I can't find out why.

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Arzeo]
    #25563408 - 10/24/18 01:08 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Arzeo said:
Looking for some opinions on these plates. Spore syringe went directly onto 6 agar plates. They have been sitting for 3 weeks ~ 75 fahrenheit,  and only 2 are showing any growth. Growth started around the 2nd week for both plates. There were 2 main problems, 1: Agar pour was too hot and created massive condensation on lids, 2: Too much liquid was used for some plates(liquid just squirted out extremely fast). Here are some pics.

Pictures from viewpoint of bottom of plate due to condensation. 2nd pic is what the other 4 plates looks like.
I thought the one with 2 growths on it was myc at first but it's definitely too yellow right? They weren't placed in sunlight, would this make a difference?

Not trying to overstep boundaries but they look contaminated with bacteria.  I’ve had similar plates.  I haven’t had any luck with MS syringes in my short time cultivating.  I’ve had two that produced nothing on agar or oats.  Print to agar to grain is the way to go IMO.

Don’t get discouraged though.  Spend a lot of time doing agar work to get a strong culture.  Think I’ve gone though 160-180 plates since the end of September.

Best of luck!

BB

--------------------

OfflineArzeo

#25564004 - 10/24/18 04:18 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Brain Bulb said:
Quote:

Arzeo said:

Not trying to overstep boundaries but they look contaminated with bacteria.  I’ve had similar plates.  I haven’t had any luck with MS syringes in my short time cultivating.  I’ve had two that produced nothing on agar or oats.  Print to agar to grain is the way to go IMO.

Don’t get discouraged though.  Spend a lot of time doing agar work to get a strong culture.  Think I’ve gone though 160-180 plates since the end of September.

Best of luck!

BB

It does look like bacteria, however, only 2 of the plates show any growth. The other 4 plates are visibly clean and have some visible spore clumps. Do you think my procedure is correct and the spore syringe is to blame? If so I have 1 other spore syringe and pre-made plates. I have heard some people have spores taking weeks to germinate so I guess i'll keep those plates for now.

Offlinewillwont
A
 User Gallery

#25564437 - 10/24/18 06:57 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry for the abrupt response. It is very hard to see what is what because of the photo being on a white background. Judging from the length of time since introducing the spores it is not showing great growth. The spots on pic 3 are definitely a contam. I am guessing here that you might try a different agar formula and see what happens. I have noticed when using spores on agar the first gen is very hard to recognize any strong growth as the spore density seems to compete with one another. I use a few different formulations when starting with spores to see the different growth characteristics. You should see better growth of some sort if the nutrients are there and if the temperature is constant. Hope this helps. The problem may also lie in aged spores but try some different agar formulations and see how it goes.

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: willwont]
    #25564557 - 10/24/18 07:57 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Hey Bod,

Here are the 3 clone plates from yesterday with transfers.  Hasn’t even been 24 hrs.

Plate #1

Plate #2

Plate #3

They took pretty well.  Think I should do a few more?

Thanks,

BB

--------------------

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

#25565165 - 10/25/18 12:52 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Check out the crazy growth on transfer #2.  Is this myc?

--------------------

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25565886 - 10/25/18 09:33 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Brain Bulb said:
Awesome, thanks Bod.  Should I do transfers on both?  This is a clone of some wild P. Caerulescens that grow in my yard.  From what I’ve seen on agar so far the myc is fluffy, but this being a clone could be different.

You think this shoebox is colonized enough to introduce fruiting conditions?

You can fruit any time.

Quote:

Arzeo said:

Those two dots are bacteria colonies. I cant see anything on the other plated well enough to give any advice.

Quote:

Arzeo said:
Quote:

willwont said:

If you're going to say plates are toast at least give some sort of explanation or constructional criticism. Saying they are toast is no help to me if I can't find out why.

We give Free advice bro.. lol

Quote:

Brain Bulb said:
Check out the crazy growth on transfer #2.  Is this myc?

Those look right so far.

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

#25566317 - 10/25/18 11:54 AM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Awesome.  Thanks again Bod.  The other clones look like little sugar mounds.  Transfer #2 looks more rhizomorphic, not sure what to call these.

--------------------

OfflineArzeo

#25566858 - 10/25/18 03:56 PM (5 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah bod, the first plate has a small growth which is too small to really tell what it is at the moment but I believe it is also bacteria. The middle plate was just an example of the 4 plates which have no growth after 2 and a half weeks. Have you ever experienced germination this slow, if so, what can be done to speed it up?

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom