Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, HEPA Filter, Laminar Flow Hood, Petri Dish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | Next > | Last >
InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: TheAtlantean]
    #25448002 - 09/09/18 05:40 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Can't tell potentcy by appearance so by aesthetic
Then keep potent clones on the roster and dump shit ones

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25459834 - 09/14/18 03:27 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Hey Bod,

I’m starting with agar but I’ve seen you mention having master jar.  Once I get a clean culture should I start with one jar to ensure there aren’t any contaminates?

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Brain Bulb]
    #25460051 - 09/14/18 05:10 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Doesn't have anything to do with ensuring there is no contaminants. You could make 20 master jars you should make sure all your work is contaminant free.

OfflineScrubbs
Stranger

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25465792 - 09/16/18 11:39 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Bod's you legend!

Long time lurker, first time poster

Just want to say thanks for this abundance of knowledge you are taking the time to share with us eager noobs! Much appreciated amigo!

Sorry if this question has been asked but I couldn't find it

I want to get a grow going but havent found any spores as yet.  Thought while I wait I could practice with gourmet mushies...

Have you ever grown shiitake or oysters or any other types with this method?

Cheers
S

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Scrubbs]
    #25466352 - 09/17/18 07:07 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

No, i haven't I would suggest different methods for edibles

OfflineScrubbs
Stranger

#25471905 - 09/19/18 06:13 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Rogee :thumbup:

Offlinetrainchaser
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Your UnBodified Tub Tek & Wild Mushroom Identification Assistance [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25481604 - 09/22/18 10:00 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Been stalking your posts for the better part of a 18 months, few questions: q

RE: easyAF unmodified tek - do you still use a poly liner?

RE: trich - any tips for getting rid of it, aside from fire and a new workspace?

RE: identification - No idea what this is.  Any clue?

The white marks on the top are gouges into the flesh of the fruiting body, which was extremely soft.  There was no black on the remaining veil, no slime, it had gills and [presumably] spores that were the same colour, the entire stem was as white as the flesh of the fruiting body itself. I'm not familiar with it and was not prepared to take proper samples so I didn't touch it to get more information. I figure with your tenure you're much likelier to have come across this or at least know who to refer this inquiry to.

Keep it real, you're doing a fine job so far.

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

Re: Your UnBodified Tub Tek & Wild Mushroom Identification Assistance [Re: trainchaser]
    #25482832 - 09/23/18 01:36 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Can I use spore syringes on agar and if so would you recommend that over inoculating prepped oats directly with the spore syringe?

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Your UnBodified Tub Tek & Wild Mushroom Identification Assistance [Re: Brain Bulb]
    #25482854 - 09/23/18 01:44 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

trainchaser said:
Been stalking your posts for the better part of a 18 months, few questions: q

RE: easyAF unmodified tek - do you still use a poly liner?

RE: trich - any tips for getting rid of it, aside from fire and a new workspace?

RE: identification - No idea what this is.  Any clue?

The white marks on the top are gouges into the flesh of the fruiting body, which was extremely soft.  There was no black on the remaining veil, no slime, it had gills and [presumably] spores that were the same colour, the entire stem was as white as the flesh of the fruiting body itself. I'm not familiar with it and was not prepared to take proper samples so I didn't touch it to get more information. I figure with your tenure you're much likelier to have come across this or at least know who to refer this inquiry to.

Keep it real, you're doing a fine job so far.

No liner. More info in my tub's tek thread

Trich= start over. You never will need a new workspace lol.

Im no good at identifications

Quote:

Brain Bulb said:
Can I use spore syringes on agar and if so would you recommend that over inoculating prepped oats directly with the spore syringe?

I specifically do recommend starting spores on agar and not on grain

OfflineAetherCleft
Stranger
Re: Your UnBodified Tub Tek & Wild Mushroom Identification Assistance [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25485128 - 09/24/18 02:08 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Hey bodh, thanks for all your work. You my real MVP.

How much does strain matter, if at all, for a first grow? Seems many people go for b+, I was thinking golden teacher.

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: AetherCleft]
    #25485231 - 09/24/18 02:43 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Hey Bod,

Finally got some agar and grain spawn going last night using mostly your TEK.  Very easy to follow as you mention.  In one of your videos you have a small roll of shrink wrap you use on your petris.  Is it regular shrink wrap?  Looks thinner and a lot easier to work with than the stuff I tried.

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Brain Bulb]
    #25485324 - 09/24/18 03:20 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

AetherCleft said:
Hey bodh, thanks for all your work. You my real MVP.

How much does strain matter, if at all, for a first grow? Seems many people go for b+, I was thinking golden teacher.

Strain matters a lot for performance. B+ and golden teacher are not strains they're varieties with infinity possible strains. If you grown from spores you'll have 1000s of strains in a single grown and thus very average results.
Variety doesn't really matter

Quote:

Brain Bulb said:
Hey Bod,

Finally got some agar and grain spawn going last night using mostly your TEK.  Very easy to follow as you mention.  In one of your videos you have a small roll of shrink wrap you use on your petris.  Is it regular shrink wrap?  Looks thinner and a lot easier to work with than the stuff I tried.

Yes much more details in the agar tek thread itself about the wrap

OfflineAetherCleft
Stranger

#25485368 - 09/24/18 03:31 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Word, thanks bodh. Got my nouns turned around and you still answered my question :laugh:

OfflineFuzzyFuzzyWhiteGuy
Stranger
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: AetherCleft]
    #25485379 - 09/24/18 03:33 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Can someone please explain how to write an original thread? I am new and would like to ask some questions! Thanks in advance.

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: FuzzyFuzzyWhiteGuy]
    #25485385 - 09/24/18 03:34 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Press the post button when you're looking at the list of threads

OfflineTheAtlantean
Time Traveler

Loc: Milkyway Galaxy, Laniakea...
    #25496677 - 09/28/18 09:45 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

I just purchased a 24 x 24 x 11.5 HEPA Northland HEPA filter and a 463 CFM Dayton Blower... Willl this Blower be enough to power this flow hood or did I fuck up?

--------------------

Go Big. Or Go Home. Learn from your mistakes and be ok with failure. This hobby takes patience and dedication. Remember, Cleanliness is next to Godliness.

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: TheAtlantean]
    #25496718 - 09/28/18 10:02 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

I wouldn't use a 99.97 filter and also you didn't list the resistance of the filter so who knows.

OfflineTheAtlantean
Time Traveler

#25496802 - 09/28/18 10:40 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
I wouldn't use a 99.97 filter and also you didn't list the resistance of the filter so who knows.

What did you use then? I read in your tek a 99.96 filter lol is there a difference?(Real question)

And let me see if I can find specs

--------------------

Go Big. Or Go Home. Learn from your mistakes and be ok with failure. This hobby takes patience and dedication. Remember, Cleanliness is next to Godliness.

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #25496832 - 09/28/18 10:48 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

mine is 99.996

OfflineTheAtlantean
Time Traveler

#25496840 - 09/28/18 10:50 PM (2 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
mine is 99.996

Is this a huge difference? fuck...

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, HEPA Filter, Laminar Flow Hood, Petri Dish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started