Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Parafilm, Petri Dish, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | Next > | Last >
OfflineMagickMushroom
Wyzard Bard
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25409854 - 08/24/18 01:47 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks, this is a ton of gold for newbies.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinevalvaliant85
Stranger
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: MagickMushroom]
    #25410210 - 08/24/18 05:12 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Hey man, got a question for you regarding G2G.  So, I have a few master jars that I did with rye grain.  What I wanna know is, can I use oat grains instead of rye berries for the transfer jars? Or do i gotta use the same grains I used in the master jars.

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: valvaliant85]
    #25410297 - 08/24/18 05:47 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

The grains give no shit

Offlinevalvaliant85
Stranger
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25410326 - 08/24/18 05:58 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

That's what I figured. thx bro

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: valvaliant85]
    #25412275 - 08/25/18 12:55 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I realize the timing will be different because these are outdoors, but approximately how long should it take for these pinners to fully fruit?

--------------------

Edited by Brain Bulb (08/25/18 01:03 PM)

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Brain Bulb]
    #25414719 - 08/26/18 04:08 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

3-8 days

OfflinePusynality
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25415844 - 08/27/18 01:16 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

What should be done if pins are growing at different rates?

My cake is in a jar, some look like the caps will start to open while others are still small pins. Can I safely remove the cake from the jar and harvest the ones that are ready then put the cake back in the jar for the smaller pins to continue growing?

OfflineArzeo
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Pusynality]
    #25419822 - 08/28/18 07:52 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

If you don't have a closet what other areas could you use to grow your tubs? Am I basically looking for a place which is generally dark, or would it matter too much if your tub got light from other sources than a lamp?

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Arzeo]
    #25419990 - 08/28/18 08:58 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Pusynality said:
What should be done if pins are growing at different rates?

My cake is in a jar, some look like the caps will start to open while others are still small pins. Can I safely remove the cake from the jar and harvest the ones that are ready then put the cake back in the jar for the smaller pins to continue growing?

Do nothing is all you can do about it. You can harvest however you want, all at once or selectively
Agar work for more consistent results.

Quote:

Arzeo said:
If you don't have a closet what other areas could you use to grow your tubs? Am I basically looking for a place which is generally dark, or would it matter too much if your tub got light from other sources than a lamp?

Anywhere, i would specifically avoid dark places.

OfflineBujjhati
Stranger
    #25420914 - 08/29/18 10:37 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Hello. I am new to this site. Not sure if i know how to use correctly. Can you or anyone suggest an book to show step by step the easiest way to grow in bulk. Would like to use for medical reasons. Thank you for your time and help.

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Bujjhati]
    #25420948 - 08/29/18 10:56 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

All the books are garbage. I would strongly suggest staying away from books like the magic mushroom bible etc..

The links posted in my signature and in the stickys is the book, and it has more pictures.

OfflineGinge
Sponge Brain
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountains
    #25422286 - 08/29/18 08:57 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

So check this out

I used a hanging file folder tub instead of a shoebox and lined it with grocery bags.  I know the myc look a little yellow, I went out of town for the weekend, and I believe it got a little dry.  I am more curious about the white, ball growths on a few of the caps in the lower left quadrant and on the edge at 12:00.

Also, thanks again Bod, your teks were a great help in my first flush from 3 shoeboxes!

--------------------
Ginge

OfflineArzeo
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Ginge]
    #25422846 - 08/30/18 12:57 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

When I asked where to grow in other than a closet, you said anywhere. So would outside lights from a room not make much difference to the growth of the mushrooms? Also, if you can grow anywhere why do most people grow in closets, what are the benefits?
For lighting on your tubs, do you use a timer 12 on 12 off or anything? Also, what is the temperature of the room you are growing in?

Kind of a jumbled bunch of questions but I didn't want to have to make separate posts.

Edited by Arzeo (08/30/18 01:22 AM)

InvisiblebodhisattaM
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Arzeo]
    #25423117 - 08/30/18 07:09 AM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ginge said:
So check this out

I used a hanging file folder tub instead of a shoebox and lined it with grocery bags.  I know the myc look a little yellow, I went out of town for the weekend, and I believe it got a little dry.  I am more curious about the white, ball growths on a few of the caps in the lower left quadrant and on the edge at 12:00.

Also, thanks again Bod, your teks were a great help in my first flush from 3 shoeboxes!

It happens. Wouldn't worry

Quote:

Arzeo said:
When I asked where to grow in other than a closet, you said anywhere. So would outside lights from a room not make much difference to the growth of the mushrooms? Also, if you can grow anywhere why do most people grow in closets, what are the benefits?
For lighting on your tubs, do you use a timer 12 on 12 off or anything? Also, what is the temperature of the room you are growing in?

Kind of a jumbled bunch of questions but I didn't want to have to make separate posts.

Most people don't use a closet, closets are low on the suggested place list at least in my opinion.
In a room is a good place.
Yes 12/12 lighting is standard and a timer helps
My room is room temperature 65-75F

InvisibleMoxy
    #25424449 - 08/30/18 07:19 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

This was a spore print to agar done on 8/25, so 5 days in..

Should I make the first transfer yet? If so, where would you cut from?

Thanks also for your teks, they've been a big help.

OfflineTormato
It’s OK!! I’m a Limo Driver!! 😁
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Moxy]
    #25424604 - 08/30/18 08:25 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I’d let it grow out a little more first

--------------------
Helpful Threads

The Shroomery Store

Tormato's Q&A Thread Post Questions Here or PM me!

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." ~ Grateful Dead

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

Tormato's LAGM 2020

Come chat with me and other Trusted Cultivators and Trusted Identifiers on Shroomery Discord

Some cool videos I like to watch under the influence.

InvisibleMoxy
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Tormato]
    #25425899 - 08/31/18 12:03 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Tormato said:
I’d let it grow out a little more first

Thanks, Tormato. I appreciate the response!

OfflineArzeo
Re: [STICKY] ⚠ Where to Start Flow Chart, QnA, and helpful links ⚠ [Re: Moxy]
    #25426995 - 08/31/18 09:04 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

For agar work with Petri dishes, your comprehensive tek thread mentions parafilm and cling wrap. On the thread, you say you prefer to use cling wrap and that there is more information later on in the thread. From reading, I did not see any more information about it in the thread. So my question is, when do you use parafilm/clingwrap? On some of your photos, some of the Petri dishes have parafilm while others don't. When storing extra dishes, do you just put the dishes back into the sleeve without wrapping them?

OfflineGinge
Sponge Brain
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountains
    #25428576 - 09/01/18 04:07 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Hey Bod,
Buddy is seeing a pretty good pin set but everything seems to have stalled for about 2 days. The shoe box is in a larger tub.  Misting 2 times a day. I was thinking that the mushrooms needed more FAE.  Pictures below. What do you think?

--------------------
Ginge

OfflineTheAtlantean
Time Traveler

Loc: Milkyway Galaxy, Laniakea...
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25447957 - 09/09/18 05:16 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Strains are what you get when two spores mate.
Varieties are the name on a syringe.
There infinitely many strains of every variety
Variety doesn't matter strain does
Growing from spores you have 100s of strains in a single grow.
Some mushrooms will be made of many strains
Some mushrooms will be strong some weak.
Every time you grow from spores you'll get different results even from the same spore syringe.
Jist pick one, using agar is how you keep good strains around

What qualities do you look for in choosing clones?

--------------------

Go Big. Or Go Home. Learn from your mistakes and be ok with failure. This hobby takes patience and dedication. Remember, Cleanliness is next to Godliness.

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Parafilm, Petri Dish, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started