Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
Anyone growing moringa? Edible tree
    #24418647 - 06/19/17 06:26 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I have a moringa growing in my yard. Its about 5' tall and has several branches. I keep topping it and it keeps trying to grow straight up but it does have a number of side branches now. I have 4 fruits growing on it, the longest being about 20" long and maybe 3/4" thick. This is the only one that survived out of 3 I planted.

Its an african tree but can grow in mild temperate climates too. Almost all parts of the tree are edible, not just the seeds but also the leaves. I have tasted the leaves, not super yummy but not bad, slightly spicy. I could see putting it in a salad. They say this tree can feed the world. Its easy to grow and does not need a lot of water or ferts.

https://www.permaculture.co.uk/articles/amazing-moringa-medicinal-edible-easy-grow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
Re: Anyone growing moringa? Edible tree [Re: Stonehenge]
    #24418944 - 06/19/17 08:31 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I have had a tree for years and regularly give seeds away. Mine right now is flowering and has a bunch of green pods.

Check this out.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone growing moringa? Edible tree [Re: ferrel_human]
    #24420245 - 06/20/17 11:23 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

oh yeah, you have a huge thread on it. do the leaves really cure diseases? didn't know that. what do the seed pods taste like? mine are still kind of green but starting to turn brown, they call it the drumstick tree so maybe they taste like chicken? lol

No bugs have bothered mine at all. One tip is do not store the seeds in the fridge, it kills them for some reason. keep them at room temp. might be good to put the seedlings in pots outside in the shade until they get bigger. that may be why some of mine died. my oldest kratom seems to have died mysteriously

you have to top them constantly and the stem will grow below the cut raising the branches higher. I've topped mine probably 10x so far and it still has over 2' of trunk below the lowest branch. ferrel, yours looks good, loads of trunk below the branches, how tall is it? you might want to try topping it down to about 3' next winter so it can grow branches and not get super tall. i wonder if its easy to clone?

My voacanga tree does the same thing i'm constantly topping it and cutting branches.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineSolipsis
m̶a̶d̶ disappointed scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: the Neitherlands Flag
    #24420313 - 06/20/17 11:52 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Trying to grow these indoors but it is not really working... I think I might need a much more humid atmosphere than i can arrange right now...
Plus especially sensitive to some disease / infection / pest problems I've been having...

Stenopetalas did really poorly after their initial spurt and all but died, Got an olifeira that is "hanging in there" but the leaves get white splotches and after that little black spots (looking nasty under magnification) in the white.

Initially makes one think of fungus, but spider mites apparently also cause the white discoloration due to them sucking up and eating tissue. I don't think anything seemed to fell out though, nothing like pepper on a piece of white paper, also no fuzz.

I think that same problem has corrupted some kitchen herb plants I had as well, I don't think any fungicide or insecticide i used made any impact.

Used alcohol+ soft soap + bicarb in one sprayer, fungicides in another, pyrethrins in yet another and insecticidal soap in a fourth. I don't use them randomly but this is a confusing problem...

Anyway not to hijack... just to point out that Moringa doesn't do well here, may not do well for a lack of humidity but also not indoors when the conditions need refining.

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone growing moringa? Edible tree [Re: Solipsis]
    #24420367 - 06/20/17 12:17 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Mine i had a gallon ziploc bag full of seeds at a time. But from what i hear you can make humus with it.

Here is mine currently.

As you said stonehenge, you do have to top it quite frequently if not the tree will certainly outgrow anything you have in the garden.

As for curing diseases, i have no idae but walmart sells bottles of moringa capsules. 12 bucks is no joke but if you have a tree you can certainly make your own.

Good stuff stonehenge. Thanks for starting. Another thread. Ive got several people who want pods and i will have a ton of seed im the coming months. People really need this marvelous tree.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24420783 - 06/20/17 02:55 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Its said to be the cure for starvation, grows in any warm climate. Instead of sending money to africa send moringa seed. Except that is where it came from so they have loads, makes you wonder why there aren't moringa plantations? Are other parts besides the leaves and pods edible? Maybe the root, I don't think the woody part would be edible.

here is a tree that grows so fast it may overtake everything around it. Its hard to even keep it in check and you can eat it. why is it we don't hear about this in the media? Just celebrity nonsense and propaganda. It might also make a good biofuel, eat the leaves and use the rest for that. Mine is over a year old but it would be 10' tall at least if not topped a lot. how tall is yours, ferrel?

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

#24420852 - 06/20/17 03:16 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

:lol:

All good points.

So you want to cure the ills of the world. Wrll good luck. There is no,money to be made in somthing that is free. Free equals no,money.

Now, my tree has reached at least 20 feet.  Now i have it under control and i trim it down every season. Sometimes twice. Its a mad plant

--------------------
-Karode

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24420879 - 06/20/17 03:27 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

No money in feeding the hungry but lots of people donate. rather than give them vaccines which are just a scheme to test dangerous crap, teach them to grow moringa. if they are too lazy to bother then why should we?

>my tree has reached at least 20 feet.

wow but in 8 years that is expected. how tall is it now? how big around? Mine is about 3" at the base. a super fast growing semi invasive species that you can eat, what is not to love? I plan to plant the first pod that gets ripe, then eat the second pod, and after that can give away or trade the rest. do you eat the pods when still green, when starting to turn brown or after fully brown?

I will put some leaves in my salad next time, it does not taste bad, not great like a sugary snack but if you were hungry you could eat your fill of the leaves and pods too I guess. I will research the medicinal aspect

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24423522 - 06/21/17 11:00 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

here is what i found about the medicinal qualities of moringa o.

Moringa leaves are rich in antioxidants, including vitamin C, beta-carotene, quercetin, and chlorogenic acid. The latter, chlorogenic acid, has been shown to slow cells' absorption of sugar and animal studies have found it to lower blood sugar levels. As noted in the Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention:5

"The leaves of the Moringa oleifera tree have been reported to demonstrate antioxidant activity due to its high amount of polyphenols.

Further, in a study of women taking 1.5 teaspoons of moringa leaf powder daily for three months, blood levels of antioxidants increased significantly.6

3. Lower Blood Sugar Levels

Moringa appears to have anti-diabetic effects,7 likely due to beneficial plant compounds contained in the leaves, including isothiocyanates. One study found women who took seven grams of moringa leaf powder daily for three months reduced their fasting blood sugar levels by 13.5 percent. 8

Separate research revealed that adding 50 grams of moringa leaves to a meal reduced the rise in blood sugar by 21 percent among diabetic patients

Reduce Inflammation

The isothiocyanates, flavonoids, and phenolic acids in moringa leaves, pods, and seeds also have anti-inflammatory properties. According to the Epoch Times:10

"The tree's strong anti-inflammatory action is traditionally used to treat stomach ulcers. Moringa oil (sometimes called Ben oil) has been shown to protect the liver from chronic inflammation. The oil is unique in that, unlike most vegetable oils, moringa resists rancidity.

This quality makes it a good preservative for foods that can spoil quickly. This sweet oil is used for both frying or in a salad dressing. It is also used topically to treat antifungal problems, arthritis, and is an excellent skin moisturizer."

5. Maintain Healthy Cholesterol Levels

Moringa also has cholesterol-lowering properties, and one animal study found its effects were comparable to those of the cholesterol-lowering drug simvastatin.11 As noted in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology:12

"Moringa oleifera is used in Thai traditional medicine as cardiotonic. Recent studies demonstrated its hypocholesterolemic effect.

... In hypercholesterol-fed rabbits, at 12 weeks of treatment, it significantly (P<0.05) lowered the cholesterol levels and reduced the atherosclerotic plaque formation to about 50 and 86%, respectively. These effects were at degrees comparable to those of simvastatin.

... The results indicate that this plant possesses antioxidant, hypolipidaemic, and antiatherosclerotic activities, and has therapeutic potential for the prevention of cardiovascular diseases."

6.  Protect Against Arsenic Toxicity

The leaves and seeds of moringa may protect against some of the effects of arsenic toxicity, which is especially important in light of news that common staple foods, such as rice, may be contaminated.13 Contamination of ground water by arsenic has also become a cause of global public health concern, and one study revealed: 14

"Co-administration of M. oleifera [moringa] seed powder (250 and 500 mg/kg, orally) with arsenic significantly increased the activities of SOD [superoxide dismutase], catalase, and GPx with elevation in reduced GSH level in tissues (liver, kidney, and brain).

These changes were accompanied by approximately 57%, 64%, and 17% decrease in blood ROS [reactive oxygen species], liver metallothionein (MT), and lipid peroxidation respectively in animal co-administered with M. oleifera and arsenic.

Another interesting observation has been the reduced uptake of arsenic in soft tissues (55% in blood, 65% in liver, 54% in kidneys, and 34% in brain) following administration of M. oleifera seed powder (particularly at the dose of 500 mg/kg).

It can thus be concluded from the present study that concomitant administration of M. oleifera seed powder with arsenic could significantly protect animals from oxidative stress and in reducing tissue arsenic concentration. Administration of M. oleifera seed powder thus could also be beneficial during chelation therapy…"

Moringa Leaves May Even Purify Water… and More

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

#24423907 - 06/21/17 01:31 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah man there is actually a video on youtube that shows you can purify water by crushing the seeds up in said water. Look it up. I remembered when i saw that they prevent arsenic toxicity.

--------------------
-Karode

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24436227 - 06/26/17 08:57 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Do you wait until the pod is fully brown before harvesting it for seeds? Mine is kind of brownish with green and black too. What about the green ones, can you eat them like a carrot? Do you have to boil them first, maybe peel the outer husk off?

I will probably grow one or two more plants and give away or trade the rest of the seeds.

--------------------

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

#24436658 - 06/26/17 01:13 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I wait til its the weight of cardboard. And they open easily.

--------------------
-Karode

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24436828 - 06/26/17 02:28 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

so you don't go by the color? not sure what you mean by weight of cardboard. I thought you could eat the unripe pods but I guess not

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

#24436975 - 06/26/17 03:37 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

You probably can but ive eaten neither ripe or unripe. Ripe seeds are rather bitter. But cardboard is light and the seed pods may look heavy but are super light. They split when you twsit them,too.

--------------------
-Karode

OfflineHerbgrower12
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24437157 - 06/26/17 04:45 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Got a few seedlings, I soaked the seeds and planted them 24 hrs later .

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone growing moringa? Edible tree [Re: Herbgrower12]
    #24437530 - 06/26/17 07:00 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Got any pics?

--------------------
-Karode

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24455212 - 07/03/17 06:36 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

My main seed pod is over 1" thick and still mostly green but a darker shade of green along with some brown. No way to weigh it, it has a thick stem holding it to the branch. I'll wait till it gets browner and then try twisting it to see if it comes open easily. If not, leave it some more

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24460186 - 07/05/17 08:14 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I ate some today, put about 15 or 20 gm wet leaves into my veggie plate. Wasn't bad

I broke a branch off while trying to knock off a giant grasshopper. They are brittle as hell like they say. Should have seeds soon.

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

#24461110 - 07/06/17 05:38 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I have a branch this is all fallen over with so many seed pods.

--------------------
-Karode

OfflineDesert-D
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24466112 - 07/07/17 07:43 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Down here in the Southwest we planted 20+ a few years back. They grew 12-16ft the first year it was nuts! Unfortunately every year less and less come back after the winter season:/

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone growing moringa? Edible tree [Re: Desert-D]
    #24467216 - 07/08/17 09:18 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

put mulch around the base next winter and it will help them survive

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

#24467429 - 07/08/17 10:37 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Not ready

Almost ready

Ready

Its got a couple of pods ready and the tree is full of immature ones.

--------------------
-Karode

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24467565 - 07/08/17 11:50 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

One of my pods looks like the ready one. I'll probably give it a twist to see if it opens up though I might wait until it starts to open by itself. I will throw in seeds with each trade I do.

--------------------

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

#24467649 - 07/08/17 12:27 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Im on my way to work now but on days off ill harvest some

--------------------
-Karode

InvisibleMoonFarmer
peasant
Male

Loc: Flag
    #24467851 - 07/08/17 02:30 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

:takingnotes:

--------------------
:hypnotoad:

OfflineStupendous-Yappi
Anomaly XB-311394
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
    #24469000 - 07/08/17 11:09 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ferrel_human said:
Im on my way to work now but on days off ill harvest some

:justcantwait:

I've had bad luck trying to grow these even though I live were they should thrive. I started a dozen+ and now only have two which were doing well until some caterpillars gang raped one of them. :mad: It's still alive though, so I think I got them in time.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone growing moringa? Edible tree [Re: Stupendous-Yappi]
    #24470804 - 07/09/17 05:47 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

I had a few in pots, put the 3 biggest in the yard and 2 died. The third is doing well. I think they need a little babying at first, maybe gradually get them used to full sun. But some who don't take care of them at all have tons growing. I tried 2 cuttings but no good. I think clip off all the leaves instead of most and keep them well covered until they start to root will do it.

--------------------

Invisiblecactamateur
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24472146 - 07/10/17 09:31 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Got about 3 seedlings which sprouted from about 8-10 seeds that were planted. Was worried because it took about 2 weeks to see anything. The pots are outside in full sun - hopefully it'll be alright because they started out there.

Look forward to seeing where this goes.

Invisiblecactamateur
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Anyone growing moringa? Edible tree [Re: cactamateur]
    #24485907 - 07/15/17 07:50 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Up to 7 seedlings now in 2 different pots. Here's 4 of them:

And a closer shot of one of them:

Seeds were planted outside, left outside to get plenty of direct sun and a fair amount of rain.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone growing moringa? Edible tree [Re: cactamateur]
    #24522955 - 08/01/17 03:01 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

One of my moringa seeds has sprouted already. Not having a lot of luck with clones but there are more tricks I can use. I still have seeds to give away.

--------------------

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

#24551311 - 08/13/17 05:24 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I think its done for the season.

--------------------
-Karode

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24551666 - 08/13/17 07:43 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah mine is no longer flowering either and most of the leaves are turning yellow. I thought it was from too much rain but yours do that every year?

The sprout which came up died but I have 3 more pods and will plant more.

--------------------

Invisibleellomello
XP
 User Gallery

Loc: babilonUSA
    #24552097 - 08/13/17 10:19 PM (6 years, 7 months ago)

they lasted up until the first frost here last year.. i have some growing seed pods/flowers.. but not like ferrel_human, nice harvest!

--------------------
PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN get back to the garden

some came singing, some come to play, some come for keeping the dark away

OfflineSolipsis
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone growing moringa? Edible tree [Re: ellomello]
    #24564619 - 08/19/17 09:16 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

I have tried growing Moringa Olifeira and Moringa Stenopetala before (indoors) but ran into trouble with growing indoors in general.
Now I have a Moringa Drouhardii and the cotylidon honeymoon is over right about now. I have concerns about the lack of moving air here on the windowsill and very close to the window it might be a bit cool.

Hopefully I have better conditions when my parts arrive for my new full spectrum LED COB which I will be mounting in my grow cabinet. It's a challenge to keep this plant low though, even with bonsaiing. Initially big roots grew down (some of which came off when I repotted it), but I need the root system to grow laterally instead.

Anyone successfully growing Moringa indoors and/or bonsaiing it, any tips?

Edited by Solipsis (08/19/17 09:23 AM)

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

#24564747 - 08/19/17 10:25 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Solipsis said:

I have tried growing Moringa Olifeira and Moringa Stenopetala before (indoors) but ran into trouble with growing indoors in general.
Now I have a Moringa Drouhardii and the cotylidon honeymoon is over right about now. I have concerns about the lack of moving air here on the windowsill and very close to the window it might be a bit cool.

Hopefully I have better conditions when my parts arrive for my new full spectrum LED COB which I will be mounting in my grow cabinet. It's a challenge to keep this plant low though, even with bonsaiing. Initially big roots grew down (some of which came off when I repotted it), but I need the root system to grow laterally instead.

Anyone successfully growing Moringa indoors and/or bonsaiing it, any tips?

Very nice Solipsis. Ive never even attempted to grow a tree indoors. Im sire you could bonsai. :goodluck:

--------------------
-Karode

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24564757 - 08/19/17 10:28 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

They like full sun but need to adapt if you move them from indoors to out suddenly. I have a few seeds left from my tree and will give away more probably next week

Ferrel, has your tree been looking not so great lately? Mine has slowed growth for some reason and lots of yellow leaves but many green ones too. Its hot and rainy so it can't be conditions unless too much rain.

--------------------

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

#24564843 - 08/19/17 11:07 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Mine has put all its force into the pods. 2 weeks from tuesday when i come back for days off, ill harvest the pods and break all the branches off. Its the time of season and by the end of the year it will be all bushy and green again. And another round of broken branches til next year.

--------------------
-Karode

OfflineSolipsis
Male User Gallery

#24568963 - 08/21/17 09:01 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks!

Here is a better view of my Drouhardii, it seems to be doing fine there.. but I'm gonna add a small fan anyway for the sill.. :smile:

Lol, I even tried growing a Giant Sequoia to bonsai... but I only got 2 seeds from someone, 1 germinated after stratification (which is already lucky I think considering the rate) but when I wanted to plant it, somehow it was without root. I was careful and was unaware of anything that could have happened to break it off.. maybe it was eaten? :sad:

M. Drouhardii, like M. Stenopetala, starts as a huge seed with a really massive thick seedling stem compared to M. Olifeira - this growth kind of runs out of steam when the cotyledons are consumed. Germination is also much easier compared to M. Olifeira.

I grew M. Olifeira and M. Stenopetala fine under 150W HID, but it was hard to accomodate them in my cabinet when they got big and it is also too dry from the heat. They outgrew the humidity dome thing.

Since we are off-topic a bit anyway, can you please identify this insect and whether it is detrimental etc? It's not particularly on my Moringa's.

Can be found mostly underneath pots and in crevices etc, so I suspect also in the lower layers of the soil but not really the top layers I think. Doesn't really walk around the above ground parts of the plants.

They are probably ~2 mm, not that easy to eradicate.

Edited by Solipsis (08/23/17 02:13 PM)

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

#24581596 - 08/26/17 04:33 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

So i just harvested all the pods that were dry. No trades or hookups allowed but :pm: me. :awebig:

--------------------
-Karode

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24581791 - 08/26/17 05:59 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

I harvested the last 2 pods

--------------------

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

#24581891 - 08/26/17 06:36 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Good deal man. I just harvestwd the pods and broke off all thw branches. Ready for next spring.

--------------------
-Karode

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#24582195 - 08/26/17 09:24 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

So you figure its best to cut it way low? I see every branch I topped has died back from the cut but a couple have new growth below. I have seeds germinating and will probably give out a few more when I start my free thread again.

--------------------

OfflinetheMallacht
Clandestine Hero

#24582504 - 08/27/17 12:50 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ferrel_human said:
So i just harvested all the pods that were dry. No trades or hookups allowed but :pm: me. :awebig:

Nice work as always my friend :smile:

When harvesting them to eat should they be this dry, or should they be harvested earlier?

--------------------

InvisibleLipa Kreepa
Antisocial People Person

Loc: Where ppl are herded and ... Flag
Re: Anyone growing moringa? Edible tree [Re: theMallacht]
    #24582991 - 08/27/17 10:22 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Nice pull ferrel.

And to the above, i recently watched a video on yootoob that was a clip from an African news show on TV... Anyway, long story short, they advised against eating the seeds. Apparently they are good for water purification purposes, but not as much for eating. It sounds like ppl do indeed eat the seeds there tho and that's who the broadcast was targeted at. So, w that being said, I doubt they'd kill you or cause some instant toxic symptoms but they made it sound like its more of a long term thing. The rest of the plant is a super food and very safe to eat...

Although Im not an expert on anything here, so I'd like to make that pretty clear. I have been lied to openly by news and media many many times. And those are only when I knew it! So this all could be a bunch of malarkey :rolleyes: and then again, maybe not. You decide.

Here's my baby. She's in a very small pot. I wanna say nothing larger than two gallons. If I remember correctly from  the pot days, for every foot there should be a gallon of soil... So my little baby is a bit crampt at the moment. I'm thinking of using a large garbage can for a new container soon. That way it'll blow the fuck up quick and I won't have to worry about transplants anytime soon. She's about four feet currently.

--------------------
LOVE LIFE AND LIVE IT HARD!

'Great Spirit, today, let me touch the Earth so the Earth can touch me.'

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'" -- Vonnegut

A monkey w/out his jungle is just an inmate-- :heart:lipa

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone growing moringa? Edible tree [Re: theMallacht]
    #24583556 - 08/27/17 03:49 PM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

theMallacht said:
Quote:

ferrel_human said:

Nice work as always my friend :smile:

When harvesting them to eat should they be this dry, or should they be harvested earlier?

Thats a good question. I once ate one and they are bitter. But they were more to give them away. I rarely ever eat the leaves and its one of those things where you hear really good stuff and you gotta have it. Then yoi uave so much you dont know what to do with it all.

--------------------
-Karode

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf