Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePartoftheSource
NAUT GUILTY
 User Gallery

Loc: MIDWEST
American Gods
    #24417851 - 06/19/17 03:52 PM (5 months, 26 days ago)

Did anyone catch the season finale last night? Dead wife Laura is starting to grow on me.
:aweyeah:

--------------------
Shroomery Stickers!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBurke Dennings

Re: American Gods [Re: PartoftheSource] * 1
    #24417945 - 06/19/17 04:22 PM (5 months, 26 days ago)

I caught it.  Pretty solid season, wish it was longer.  I'm still not enjoying Laura, but I did like Ostara & that funny Jesus party.  Kristen Chenowith was great in that role;  I saw her on Broadway as Glinda in Wicked about 13 years ago, and she really nails that "magical effervescent" character every time.  That Easter party scene was pretty funny, and I liked seeing the old gods interact with Media, Technical Kid, & Mr. World.  Those scenes are the best imo.

Hoping they do more with Bilquis next season.  I was interested in her character since the first ep, but she was mostly absent.  Glad she got some screen time in last night.  Nansi is cool as heck too. 

Overall, very good, if short first season.

OfflinePartoftheSource
NAUT GUILTY
 User Gallery

Re: American Gods [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #24417971 - 06/19/17 04:38 PM (5 months, 26 days ago)

Mad Sweeney is probably my favorite character. 

I wonder why Wednesday went to such great preparation in acquiring Shadow for his plans, if he's just nobody really like Mad Sweeney said? I think Ostara even mentioned Shadow as being the guy all the other Gods are all worked up about?

Also, why do you think dead wife Laura sees a brilliant light coming from shadow or from shadows direction?

--------------------
Shroomery Stickers!

InvisibleBurke Dennings

Re: American Gods [Re: PartoftheSource] * 1
    #24418037 - 06/19/17 05:03 PM (5 months, 26 days ago)

Agreed about Mad Sweeney for sure.  :cool3:

I have no clue about Shadow's purpose.  I don't think we can take Sweeny's word for anything; Ostara is probably more trustworthy.  And I don't know that Wednesday would go to such lengths to orchestrate that whole scheme if Shadow really is no one.  The only other scenario I can think of is that maybe Laura is important to Wednesday & he's just using Shadow to some kind of end.  Idk.

I think she sees Shadow as light (kinda a dichotomy there) because he's now her literal reason to live.  She came back with powers & I guess that includes being able to see & find the love of her life (and death) in an otherworldly glow.  Power of love?  Again, I'm not sure.

I also don't know what's up with that fire eyed bison that Shadow dreams about.

Folks who have read the book: please consider using a spoiler thing if you join in on this thread.  Thank you!

OfflinePartoftheSource
NAUT GUILTY
 User Gallery

Re: American Gods [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #24418108 - 06/19/17 05:27 PM (5 months, 26 days ago)

You know, I had the same line of thinking whenever Laura was asking about which God killed her? I was like... oh shit, Wednesday the mastermind pulled off some long-con and totally planned of having Laura slaughter all the Gods or something. Why else was that blade-forged and brought to Wisconsin besides for God-slaying?

Also, I loved how all the Gods were meeting in the midwest. LOL Wisconsin.

They keep asking Shadow how he got his name, and in the last episode he tells Ostara that it's because he used to follow his mother around. I was thinking maybe it's like some running joke like he puts off so much light that he casts shadows. What's even weirder is his last name is moon, and as we all know, the moon's light isn't its own and actually reflects the Suns light.

--------------------
Shroomery Stickers!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub