Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 257 | 258 | 259 | 260 | 261 | 262 | 263 | 264 | 265 | 266 | 267 | 268 | 269 | 270 | 271 | 272 | 273 | 274 | 275 | 276 | 277 | Next >
Offlinetree frog
eats bugs
 User Gallery

Loc: lives in trees
Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: Rukus] * 2
    #28713444 - 03/25/24 03:17 PM (2 months, 1 day ago)

Finally getting off my butt this season.

Started a mother jar of straw shiitake from LC.  Started two millet jars of wine caps that will go to sawdust spawn for spawning beds.  And started two more wine cap LCs using pokes.

Also did some active work.  Maybe tomorrow I'll get around to doing some lab dishes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTelomere
Unravelling
 User Gallery

Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: tree frog]
    #28716159 - 03/27/24 01:14 PM (1 month, 30 days ago)

:threadmonitor:

--------------------

InvisibleBigwormS
Male User Gallery

Loc: Murica
Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: Telomere]
    #28721156 - 03/31/24 09:18 AM (1 month, 26 days ago)

I just started an outdoor bed of wine cap(Stropharia rugosoannulata). My indoor attempt failed miserably, I'm assuming due to the unsterilized woodchips I used. Here's to hoping I get some wine cap fruit this year.

--------------------
Only you know your mushrooms true potency.

"I'm too insane to explain, and you're too normal to understand" -unknown

My Journals
Pastywhyte’s Ez dialed monotubs
My Miraculix Potency Test Results
My opinion when to harvest shrooms
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery

Edited by Bigworm (03/31/24 09:18 AM)

OfflineRukusS
Big Dog
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: Bigworm] * 1
    #28721709 - 03/31/24 06:20 PM (1 month, 25 days ago)

Please post pics of your progress, id love to try that.

Invisibletrippytimes
♡contamination queen♡
Female User Gallery

Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: Rukus]
    #28722515 - 04/01/24 02:51 PM (1 month, 25 days ago)

Ligit questions.
#1 lions mane what do you use for sub?

#2 blue oysters what sub do you use?

For what I read I can use "lizard/snake bedding"

I'm also hearing straw is best and cheaper? Any grow help would be nice I'm planning on building a greenhouse tent for oysters and mane. Might do pan cyans inside also.

--------------------

want more info on shrooms "click"

InvisibleTPython
A Fraction of the Whole
Male User Gallery

Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: trippytimes]
    #28722635 - 04/01/24 04:48 PM (1 month, 24 days ago)

Quote:

trippytimes said:
Ligit questions.

I'm also hearing straw is best and cheaper? Any grow help would be nice I'm planning on building a greenhouse tent for oysters and mane. Might do pan cyans inside also.

I use the same subs for my oysters and LM. Those aspen shavings should be fine as long as there’s no additives.

Never used straw so I’m not sure but to get started you can just pasteurize the wood chips and then add extra grain spawn for the added nutrients.

If you can find local wood fuel pellets they’ll be cheaper than that bedding material

Invisibletrippytimes
♡contamination queen♡
Female User Gallery

Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: TPython]
    #28722704 - 04/01/24 05:35 PM (1 month, 24 days ago)

Quote:

TPython said:
Quote:

trippytimes said:
Ligit questions.

I use the same subs for my oysters and LM. Those aspen shavings should be fine as long as there’s no additives.

Never used straw so I’m not sure but to get started you can just pasteurize the wood chips and then add extra grain spawn for the added nutrients.

If you can find local wood fuel pellets they’ll be cheaper than that bedding material

Hmmm fuel pellet I wonder if my local Pike has that. I'm lucky to have one 5 mins down the road

--------------------

InvisibleTPython
A Fraction of the Whole
Male User Gallery

#28722720 - 04/01/24 05:49 PM (1 month, 24 days ago)

Tractor supply usually has them too if you’ve got one around

Invisibletrippytimes
♡contamination queen♡
Female User Gallery

#28722879 - 04/01/24 07:07 PM (1 month, 24 days ago)

Quote:

TPython said:

Wait so like the fuel pellets my husband uses in his smoker? Don't those have like other stuff in it?
Also do you just dump hot water and expand them?

--------------------

InvisibleTPython
A Fraction of the Whole
Male User Gallery

Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: trippytimes] * 1
    #28722930 - 04/01/24 07:44 PM (1 month, 24 days ago)

Quote:

trippytimes said:
Quote:

TPython said:

Wait so like the fuel pellets my husband uses in his smoker? Don't those have like other stuff in it?
Also do you just dump hot water and expand them?

Those work but are a lil more expensive than the fuel pellets. Fuel pellets are for heating your house with a wood stove. I’ve actually been using the smoking pellets recently because I bought a bag a while back. It’s possible some brands have some additives but most of the ones I’ve seen don’t. Should say 100% hardwood pellets on the bag. I’m using some hickory at the moment.

And yes I hydrate in a bucket with a lid. 3 pounds boiling water to 2 pounds HWP for a 5 pound fruiting block.

I’m currently experimenting with different substrates if you’re interested.
Replacing Soy Hull Pellets in Masters Mix

Invisibletrippytimes
♡contamination queen♡
Female User Gallery

#28722939 - 04/01/24 07:58 PM (1 month, 24 days ago)

Yeah I might now want to mess with his pellet then.

--------------------

OfflineRukusS
Big Dog
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #28722940 - 04/01/24 07:58 PM (1 month, 24 days ago)

April fools :wink:

InvisibleTPython
A Fraction of the Whole
Male User Gallery

Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: Rukus]
    #28722945 - 04/01/24 08:12 PM (1 month, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Rukus said:

April fools :wink:

That thing is sentient😄

Offlinetree frog
eats bugs
 User Gallery

#28723001 - 04/01/24 09:01 PM (1 month, 24 days ago)

Tractor supply also sells corn cob pellets, I'm going to try it this year for oysters at least.

Invisibletrippytimes
♡contamination queen♡
Female User Gallery

#28723010 - 04/01/24 09:10 PM (1 month, 24 days ago)

Btw I just got all my LC and got a bonus of shittalking< lol yeah ik.

Does all three oysters, lions mane and shiitake grow with wood fuel pellets? Same conditions?

I hear about people using wood pegs and drilling dead trees .... Was wondering as I was not expecting a free syringe of shiitake and I hate wasting and love mushrooms so yeah.

My game plan was to bring everything to agar.

If agar is clean then knock up 3 jars of each into whole oats and save 3ml of LC for a LC jar

(LC jars are light Karo)

Once fully colonized to G2g them in a 3qt grain bags for 4qt grain total.

Once all 12qts of all 3 are done I'm going to use fuel pellets, verm and mix 1:2 ratio and seal the bags. Should be 12 12qt bags. Then bring into my Martha once 100%. Poke 2" holes on each side 5 total and allow my ink bird to regulate the RH.

Am I missing something? I don't see many edibles grows and iv been having to source from eather asking questions or reading old old forms.

--------------------

InvisibleTPython
A Fraction of the Whole
Male User Gallery

#28723032 - 04/01/24 09:26 PM (1 month, 24 days ago)

Quote:

tree frog said:
Tractor supply also sells corn cob pellets, I'm going to try it this year for oysters at least.

Ahhhh I like that! Doesn’t look like they have em at my tractor supply but next time I grill some corn maybe I’ll dry and grind some cobbs down and see how they do.

Quote:

trippytimes said:
Btw I just got all my LC and got a bonus of shittalking< lol yeah ik.

Does all three oysters, lions mane and shiitake grow with wood fuel pellets? Same conditions?

I hear about people using wood pegs and drilling dead trees .... Was wondering as I was not expecting a free syringe of shiitake and I hate wasting and love mushrooms so yeah.

My game plan was to bring everything to agar.

If agar is clean then knock up 3 jars of each into whole oats and save 3ml of LC for a LC jar

(LC jars are light Karo)

Once fully colonized to G2g them in a 3qt grain bags for 4qt grain total.

Once all 12qts of all 3 are done I'm going to use fuel pellets, verm and mix 1:2 ratio and seal the bags. Should be 12 12qt bags. Then bring into my Martha once 100%. Poke 2" holes on each side 5 total and allow my ink bird to regulate the RH.

Am I missing something? I don't see many edibles grows and iv been having to source from eather asking questions or reading old old forms.

Ive never grown shiitake but since they’re wood lovers I don’t see why they wouldn’t grow on the pellets. I’m not sure about the growing conditions of shiitake but I grow my oysters and LM in the same tent and conditions and they don’t seem to mind.

The verm isn’t needed as the wood holds water very well but I also don’t think it would hurt. 5 2” holes may be a bit much but since you’ll have a good amount of bags you can try out a couple different configurations to see what does the best for you.

Your plan sounds good to me though👍

Invisibletrippytimes
♡contamination queen♡
Female User Gallery

#28723038 - 04/01/24 09:30 PM (1 month, 24 days ago)

Thank you! So what kind of holes do you do? Just a X cut on one side? I hear you want a few cuts so that you can have multiple growing but I also hear you want 1 cut so that you don't over stem the block.

Btw any good recipes for lion's mane? I was thinking of treating it like steak and grilling and stuff like that. Vegan style.

--------------------

InvisibleTPython
A Fraction of the Whole
Male User Gallery

Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: trippytimes] * 3
    #28723078 - 04/01/24 10:18 PM (1 month, 24 days ago)

Recently I’ve been waiting for my bags to begin to pin before I cut them open and throw em in the tent. This usually happens on top of my substrate so I’ve just been cutting a slit in the bag before pulling the top tight to expose just the top pins.

With my lions mane it seems to like to start pinning more on the side of the bags so I just cut 2-3 Xs around the most developed clusters. There’s a lot of people that just cut a single long horizontal slit on the side of the bag or a couple Xs at full colonization and then eventually the fruits will come from there because of the air exchange. If you go this route make sure you wrap and tape the flap of the bag tightly so you don’t get other clusters growing under the plastic where it will take energy away from the other fruits.

If you cut too many spots open you’ll just end up with a bunch of smaller fruits and have more surface area exposed to lose moisture from. Where if you just have a spot or 2 they’ll be a lot bigger which is what I prefer.

You can definitely marinate them and treat them like a steak! I like to slice em a bit thinner and dry sauté to get some moisture out before adding some oil or butter and seasoning and then eat them with other stuff. They’re pretty hard to overcook so I like to get a nice brown on em. I’ve also fried them before in a tempura batter and that was awesome with a sriracha Mayo dipping sauce🤌

Offlinetree frog
eats bugs
 User Gallery

Re: The Gourmet Cultivation Discussion Thread [Re: TPython] * 1
    #28723197 - 04/02/24 04:29 AM (1 month, 24 days ago)

They'll special order them from one store to another free of charge. They're like $12 for 40 lb bag. I've seen guys use them to grow cubes, and I've read studies of them being used instead of straw or wood pellets in oyster mushroom cultivation.

Maybe a decent replacement for soybean halls I don't know.

Offlinefnulnu
Student
Male

Loc: terrapin station, in the shado...
    #28723464 - 04/02/24 01:06 PM (1 month, 24 days ago)

Quote:

tree frog said:
Finally getting off my butt this season.

Started a mother jar of straw shiitake from LC.  Started two millet jars of wine caps that will go to sawdust spawn for spawning beds.  And started two more wine cap LCs using pokes.

Also did some active work.  Maybe tomorrow I'll get around to doing some lab dishes.

Wow, didn't know straw shitake was a thing. Definitely going to get a culture of that.

Went to a store in town, and purchased antler reishi and black Reishi and lions mane and turkey tail and cordyceps the other day and have been reading about growing these!

--------------------
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/28645465

A noob that would sure love some constructive criticism ..I have a learning difficulty, but I think I got this!

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 257 | 258 | 259 | 260 | 261 | 262 | 263 | 264 | 265 | 266 | 267 | 268 | 269 | 270 | 271 | 272 | 273 | 274 | 275 | 276 | 277 | Next >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order