Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMorelman
LC Master
 User Gallery

Loc: Hiding under an Elm Tree Flag
Re: Super Secret Tribal Experiment [Re: eatyualive]
    #24866142 - 12/24/17 02:46 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I spent a few minutes this morning aspirating standing water with a flamed dispensing needle. Filters were changed to being poked in.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Super Secret Tribal Experiment [Re: Morelman]
    #24866458 - 12/24/17 06:39 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Are you still using the poked filters for fruiting?

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

InvisibleMorelman
LC Master
 User Gallery

#24866509 - 12/24/17 07:05 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Taped -- Colonization (4 Days)
Stuffed -- Knots (4 Days)
Poked -- Primordia (4 Days)
Rolled -- Fruiting (Until Harvest)

--------------------

Offlinezzerg85
Stranger
    #24873617 - 12/28/17 01:30 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

-can you use them for lids as well?
-has anyone experimented with it yet?
-im from the uk and sfd seems bit expensive and not really available while
poly seems messy...
-i have been lurking for about a month and my ebay basket has 150 worth of tools waiting to press buy it now.
-i grabbed my first 23qt pestro and waiting for delivery so things are in motion.
i like clean professional and easy solutions, could this be it?

great work guys btw

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Super Secret Tribal Experiment [Re: zzerg85]
    #24873750 - 12/28/17 02:35 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

that is one thing that has not been tried. so i would not know. they will withstand a pressure cook session.

if you think an sfd is expensive. you only need about 3-4 of them to make a ton of quart jars.

see below.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24634949/vc/1

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

InvisibleMorelman
LC Master
 User Gallery

#24873758 - 12/28/17 02:41 PM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Pins.

--------------------

InvisibleMorelman
LC Master
 User Gallery

#24878011 - 12/30/17 04:49 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

Keeping them poked in for longer would have resulted in a more even flush. I forced it to isolate a particular clone from several with different fruiting speeds.

--------------------

OfflineOhGee
Stranger
    #24951579 - 01/29/18 05:38 AM (6 years, 2 months ago)

Hey folks! I stumbled across this technique and picked up some pinky filters. I’m all colonized now and have introduced fruiting conditions. I’ve run into a slight problem where I can’t get my humidity above 75% RH or so.

Ang suggestions? Should I stuff the filters tighter, by using more material or just go with the flow?

Currently working with 5 quarts treasure coast wbs jars, using the Damion5050  tek  to spawn to a 66qt tub. Colonized for 10 days before introducing the three fold method into my 1.5” holes. It just doesn’t seem to be holding the 95% humidity I see people recommend.

Lastly, I love this project and material. It’s my second monotub but first using this method. My original tub used polyfil  but ended up with small fruits, possibly from poor air exchange about two years ago. I found this and would definitely love to make the switch to the pinkies full time. Just wanna make sure my humidity is okay, if not what I can do to bring it up.

Thanks a bunch!

Edited by OhGee (01/29/18 06:18 AM)

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Super Secret Tribal Experiment [Re: OhGee]
    #24952946 - 01/29/18 06:05 PM (6 years, 2 months ago)

First of all, can you show me some images of your substrate and the walls of your tub? Are you in the desert by chance? Are the sides of your tub dripping?

How do you know what your humidity is and are you testing it with a hygrometer? If so I would not worry much about that. Those things stop working after 80% humidity and are highly inaccurate. You just want the sides wet and dripping. And don't run a fan. Use passive airflow. If your running a fan that can be the only reason I would think your having drying issues, or you didn't put enough water in your bulk sub, or your in the desert.

The beauty of these filters is that You shouldn't need to tape anything during colonization, this is and has been an old outdated method since its inception. The filters work for that purpose and also work for fruiting. The pinky filters themselves stuffed tight(3 fold) should be adequate enough to keep the moisture in during colonization until pinning. You want the surface of your sub to look like beads of water until you see pins form to about 1 inch. Then you change the filters to rolled method once you see pins 1" in size. and let it fruit.

so, you didn't exactly follow the method by taping your holes during colonization. if that were the case, i would say keep your holes taped until you start to see primordia, then put the filters in rolled when the pins form to 1". the only variety i have had to induce fruiting with is the golden halo. what i mean by this is, i had to actually change the filters to rolled before i saw pins. but the next day the pins developed when the filters were switched. all other varieties have pinned with the filters kept in 3 folded.

post some images so i can take a better look.

zoom in real close to this image. look at the walls of the tubs. they drip with water. look at the substrate, it looks like it has beads of water droplets all over it. this is the way it should look.

outside should look like this.

what ratio of water to substrate did you use when you made your bulk sub for your tub. give me the full breakdown please.

option 1) if your still having issues. make slightly larger filters and stuff them in tighter. the three fold method stuffs them in pretty tight. dumb question, did you fold them 3 times?

2) you can always mist if your losing moisture. but lets fix the problem as well.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

Edited by eatyualive (01/29/18 07:11 PM)

OfflineCopernicus
Stranger
    #25025753 - 02/27/18 08:29 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Any thoughts on using the sheet style polyfil? currently using that and it's better than the puffy stuff but probably not as rigid and easy to work with as the pinky filters....gonna have to grab a roll of the pink stuff

Edited by Copernicus (03/05/18 08:01 AM)

Offlinewhitehawk
Stranger

Re: Eat's Dialed In Fish Filter Tek [Re: eatyualive]
    #25048158 - 03/08/18 09:32 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

this is awesome

Offlinewhitehawk
Stranger

#25098576 - 03/29/18 01:13 AM (6 years, 20 days ago)

looks good, thank you

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Eat's Dialed In Fish Filter Tek [Re: whitehawk] * 1
    #26194538 - 09/17/19 06:51 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

the sheet style polyfil is thick like a blanket. i don't think it would be as breathable as these pinky filters. i don't have to dial in anything. i just roll the filters at fruiting and the top holes look dialed in. the bottom stay in enough to keep moisture in really well. i love these more than poly. i use passive fae with no fan. i set and forget. the entire process during fruiting is. once the substrate is mostly colonized. pull the tight filters out, then roll them. takes about 30 seconds per tub. then wait until harvest. harvest. no maintenance at all. don't have to even look at anything until it is time to harvest. although i do take pictures. but not in all tubs.

I haven't done a crop in over a year. the filters still worked perfectly.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

Edited by eatyualive (09/17/19 06:56 PM)

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #26198043 - 09/19/19 06:36 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

II recently started folding the filters a little different than I have in the past. This is when fruiting is induced and the filters that are in tight are taken out and folded to induce.

First I cut the filters into 4"x4" pieces.

Second, I fold about 1/3 of one side over. You keep the pink part on the bottom, the white part on the top as you fold.

You then roll the filter into a cylinder perpendicular to the part you folded over. the white part will be on the on the inside as you roll.

Finally place this side into the tub hole facing inside the tub. What this does, is still provide great fae, keeps the moisture in the tub and it doesn't interfere with any fruits or get pushed out of the hole. it goes in to the hole fairly tight. The beauty of these filters is that you can use the filter for colonization and fruiting without having to tape any holes, add any tape or covering while colonizing. its a one stop shop. set and forget.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

OfflinereformedCarton
 User Gallery

Loc: Deepest Darkest
    #26300332 - 11/05/19 10:13 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Hi Eat's,

I was curious - I'm based in Africa and we struggle to get PolyFill, Tyvek or even the Pinky brand filters you use in this tek.

We have something called polyester waterproofing membrane which is typically painted over for waterproofing applications. I wondered whether this might work if used in a similar way to your fish filter tek.

Are you familiar with the product I'm referring to, or is this uniquely African?

Many thanks

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Eat's Dialed In Fish Filter Tek [Re: reformedCarton]
    #26301452 - 11/05/19 06:07 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Do you have any pictures? There is an ac filter type material that is blue in color that I feel would work the same. Somewhere in the first few pages someone had posted a picture of it. I think it was like this.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

Edited by eatyualive (11/05/19 06:22 PM)

OfflinereformedCarton
 User Gallery

#26303905 - 11/06/19 10:07 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks - just trying to track down a decent pic, and will post - thanks very much!

OfflinereformedCarton
 User Gallery

#26304007 - 11/07/19 01:04 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Hi Eats,

Below are pics of the 'polyester waterproofing membrane':

I was thinking of rolling it and inserting into the monotub holes, similar to your fish filter tek. Any thoughts? Thanks for all your help with this.

Cheers

Invisibleeatyualive
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #26304184 - 11/07/19 05:06 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Yes I think that will work. But you may have to roll it in a slightly different way to make it stay in. Also it may have to be rolled thicker. The first images of the dubtub from mush.nl used gauze and that looks similar to gauze. It can’t hurt to try but may take some tweaking.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

OfflinereformedCarton
 User Gallery

#26304199 - 11/07/19 05:22 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Awesome, thank you so much!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix