Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemisterjingo
Divided by zero
Male

Loc: Shangri-La Flag
Cannabis users are more successful and satisfied
    #24409557 - 06/16/17 08:30 AM (2 months, 4 days ago)

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/cannabis-users-success-satisfied-marijuana-weed-study-well-adjusted-rich-a7792991.html

Quote:

Household income was $93,800 (£73,470) for consumers in California, significantly higher than the $70,000 (£54811) average for abstainers.

Cannabis consumers are frequently affiliated with lazy, unsuccessful and apathetic labels. But, contrary to the popular stereotype new research suggests they are in fact among the most satisfied and successful among us. 

The study, conducted by market researchers BDS Analytics, surveyed consumers and abstainers across a wide variety of mental, social and financial factors. These included life satisfaction levels, attitudes towards parenting and employment data.

The survey analysed extensive data from two US states that have voted to legalise the sale of cannabis - California and Colorado.

Debunking myths of low motivation and under-achievement, in California it was found that 20 percent of consumers had graduated with a master’s degree while the figure was 12 percent for those who wouldn’t consider trying cannabis.

In terms of household income, the figure was $93,800 (£73,470) for consumers, significantly higher than the $70,000 (£54811) average for abstainers.

Similar results were found in Colorado with 64 percent of cannabis consumers in full-time jobs, compared to 54 percent of those who would not consider consuming the drug.

The finding that consumers are more likely to be parents also refutes the familiar stereotype of cannabis users being irresponsible. In California, 64 percent of consumers had started a family, while the figure for abstainers stood at 55 percent.

In terms of life satisfaction, nearly five in ten Colorado consumers agreed that they are more satisfied with life today than they were a year ago, compared to about four in ten among those who avoid cannabis.

Healthier habits and social activity also correlated. In Colorado, 36 percent of consumers described themselves as “very social people”, whereas only 28 percent of marijuana avoiders said the same.

Consumers in both Colorado and California also said they enjoyed outdoor recreation at significantly higher rates.

Volunteering was also more common for consumers with 38 percent in California offering their time to help others. By contrast, 25 percent of rejecters in the state said they volunteered.

“Cannabis consumers are far removed from the caricatures historically used to describe them,” says Linda Gilbert, head of the consumer research division at BDS, in a press release.

With public support for cannabis legalisation at an all time high, it seems that the common idea of the under-achieving, idle cannabis consumer could be on its way out. 

--------------------
The Psychedelic Society

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelifeiswhatyoumake
ya ya ya wompum wompum
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Cannabis users are more successful and satisfied [Re: misterjingo]
    #24410528 - 06/16/17 05:11 PM (2 months, 3 days ago)

I thought it said "Canadian users are more successful and satisfied."

--------------------

InvisibleXLCaps
octopus fucking starfish

Loc: Next to your fire Flag
Re: Cannabis users are more successful and satisfied [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake]
    #24410558 - 06/16/17 05:23 PM (2 months, 3 days ago)

Also true.

Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male

#24410778 - 06/16/17 06:58 PM (2 months, 3 days ago)

Quote:

lifeiswhatyoumake said:
I thought it said "Canadian users are more successful and satisfied."

Best to be both ROLMFAO rolling one laughing my fucking ass off.:smile:

Offlinelifeiswhatyoumake
ya ya ya wompum wompum

Re: Cannabis users are more successful and satisfied [Re: rider420]
    #24410785 - 06/16/17 07:00 PM (2 months, 3 days ago)

hahaha worrrrd.
I tried to decypher "ROLMFAO" but it was too much for me to do in my high state of highness
What part of 'nada are u @?

--------------------

Edited by lifeiswhatyoumake (06/16/17 07:00 PM)

Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male

#24410918 - 06/16/17 08:02 PM (2 months, 3 days ago)

Quote:

lifeiswhatyoumake said:
hahaha worrrrd.
I tried to decypher "ROLMFAO" but it was too much for me to do in my high state of highness
What part of 'nada are u @?

ROLMFAO really because I've had people tell me that I messed up ROFLMFAO who were straight!

OfflineSleepyE
DMT is metaphysical
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada, Flag
Re: Cannabis users are more successful and satisfied [Re: rider420]
    #24411089 - 06/16/17 09:06 PM (2 months, 3 days ago)

this is good news i will continue to smoke weed everyday :grin:

--------------------
My Drawingzz
Draw DMT!

Trip Report: SHROOMS DMT---- My La Campanella Piano Progress

Offlinedwnlw2slw
METANOIA

Re: Cannabis users are more successful and satisfied [Re: misterjingo]
    #24420309 - 06/20/17 01:49 PM (2 months, 37 minutes ago)

I've been a cannabis user/advocate for a while and even I find this surprising news.

On a side note, as far as income goes, I definitely fall into the lower end of the spectrum...But work my ass off for it. Also am 34 and don't see kids anywhere in my future...Not out of apathy but quite the opposite, out of fear and disgust for mankind. (I live in the Galveston bay are of Houston. In Texas, not only is there no incentive whatsoever to do anything ecological like recycling, but if you do want to recycle, you have to drive out to one of the few recycling center out in the middle of nowhere and practically PAY THEM to take your separated plastics, glasses, papers, etc.)

--------------------
"Music is liquid architecture; architecture is frozen music." -Johann Wolfgang Goethe

"Slow is the experience of all deep fountains: long have they to wait until they know what has fallen into their depths." -Nietzsche

My avatar is called "Inner Sanctum" by Luke Brown.

Offlineeulax
Stranger

Re: Cannabis users are more successful and satisfied [Re: dwnlw2slw]
    #24422607 - 06/21/17 03:01 AM (1 month, 30 days ago)

should be mandatory

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Cannabis users are more successful and satisfied [Re: dwnlw2slw]
    #24423548 - 06/21/17 01:08 PM (1 month, 30 days ago)

Quote:

dwnlw2slw said:
I've been a cannabis user/advocate for a while and even I find this surprising news.

The report is from the "Leader in cannabis business intelligence," and you can see the actual methodology if you buy the report for $6,500. Beyond the obvious shortcoming in that the findings are unique to legal states, it seems full of bias.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service