Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePturtle_bites
His royal excellence
Male

Loc: Narnia
Spice Leftovers
    #24408247 - 06/15/17 06:07 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I recently started doing my own extractions. First and only extraction so far was using a STB tek with 50g of powdered MHRB. After work today I looked at my pipe and noticed a lot of oily residue and what looked like ice crystals on glass in the winter all through the stem of the pipe. My first thought was "Bonus!!!". I heated up the stem slowly and worked it all down where I wanted it and got started. It was fairly intense. Very light visuals and I had a mostly clear head. I could have worked my phone if I wanted to. But the body effect was really intense and really long. Like a solid 20 min. I kept thinking it was about to end but it just didn't. It was very enjoyable. I have 2 questions. One has nothing to do with this. 1st - what was that and why was it so different?
2nd - I've done 4 pulls so far off that 50g. But I have 200 more that I haven't touched yet. They came from 2 different vendors. Is getting this new stuff ready to go then adding it to what I've already pulled from a good or bad idea? Or does it matter at all?

Edited by Pturtle_bites (06/15/17 06:12 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineyoosername
Lab Member

Loc: UP
Re: Spice Leftovers [Re: Pturtle_bites]
    #24408307 - 06/15/17 06:29 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

You get exponentially less each time you make a pull, I rarely do more than 3.  Start a fresh batch with the new stuff, (separate containers) then when you've done 3-4 pulls on that add it to the other "spent" material in a large jar.  Do a final pull on the old stuff with fresh solvent before doing a normal pull on new stuff, this will absorb the remaining traces of alkaloids and add it to your next batch.

--------------------
O son of Kunti, I am the taste of water, the light of the sun and the moon, the syllable om in the Vedic mantras; I am the sound in ether and ability in man.

OfflinePturtle_bites
His royal excellence
Male

Re: Spice Leftovers [Re: yoosername]
    #24408335 - 06/15/17 06:38 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

I like your style sir. That sounds better

--------------------
Everything I write as Pturtle_bites is a lie. I'm a fibber.

OfflinePturtle_bites
His royal excellence
Male

Re: Spice Leftovers [Re: yoosername]
    #24408439 - 06/15/17 07:29 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Should I refrigerate it until then?

--------------------

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
    #24410115 - 06/16/17 01:52 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Pturtle_bites said:

NO!  Put it in a tiny (1/4 or 1/2 dram) brown vial like this at room temperature:

http://www.discountvials.com/1-2-dram-amber-glass-vial-w-cap-pkg-of-25/

No need to buy 25...this is just an example.  I've kept freebase DMT for YEARS in these with no degradation.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflinePturtle_bites
His royal excellence
Male

Re: Spice Leftovers [Re: Nature Boy]
    #24412536 - 06/17/17 02:23 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

No I meant from the "spent"material I've already pulled from. The "stew"

Quote:

Nature Boy said:
Quote:

Pturtle_bites said:

NO!  Put it in a tiny (1/4 or 1/2 dram) brown vial like this at room temperature:

http://www.discountvials.com/1-2-dram-amber-glass-vial-w-cap-pkg-of-25/

No need to buy 25...this is just an example.  I've kept freebase DMT for YEARS in these with no degradation.

N.B.

--------------------

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
    #24414141 - 06/18/17 06:56 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Pturtle_bites said:

The answer is still no.  Technically, it is not "spent." There's always more in there...it just can't be captured efficiently in your non-polar solvent due to low concentration, not no concentration.

Not sure how you went about doing your extraction.  I always used shredded MHRB which I left in the basic solution throughout the entire extraction process.  One time I forgot a "spent" jar of shredded bark in lye solution for about a month. I had hidden it away in anticipation of discarding it.  When I pulled the naphtha and freeze precipitated just for shits and giggles...WOW!  I was shocked to find quite an extraordinary yield.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflinePturtle_bites
His royal excellence
Male

Re: Spice Leftovers [Re: Nature Boy]
    #24435351 - 06/25/17 10:42 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nature Boy said:
Quote:

Pturtle_bites said:

The answer is still no.  Technically, it is not "spent." There's always more in there...it just can't be captured efficiently in your non-polar solvent due to low concentration, not no concentration.

Not sure how you went about doing your extraction.  I always used shredded MHRB which I left in the basic solution throughout the entire extraction process.  One time I forgot a "spent" jar of shredded bark in lye solution for about a month. I had hidden it away in anticipation of discarding it.  When I pulled the naphtha and freeze precipitated just for shits and giggles...WOW!  I was shocked to find quite an extraordinary yield.

N.B.

It was STB extraction. I think I'll try that. I just did another pull but I expect a very low yield. I'll let it sit for a while and pull the naptha. Because why not.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports