Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleJust_A_Noob
Breathing
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Marijuana Cultivation pic of the day [Re: demiu5]
    #24299343 - 05/06/17 08:45 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

:rockon:

Thanks bro...  I was expecting clones and that fell through.  These seeds fell in my lap.  I live in a very fertile valley area and I have a green house.  They will be planted in the ground, in the greenhouse.  I will post pics as I go.  With the greenhouse, I have had tomatoes until october/november, so I think I should be able to get something from these

--------------------

Wearing a mask is bad for my physical, emotional, and spiritual health.
Complying = Consent
Wide Mouth 1/2 Pint No-Pour TEK
TC Teks & Links

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMadMuncher
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana Cultivation pic of the day [Re: Just_A_Noob]
    #24310338 - 05/10/17 05:14 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Alright let's do it

There's more be patient

OfflineLeeHarvOz
Homie
Male User Gallery

Re: Marijuana Cultivation pic of the day [Re: MadMuncher]
    #24310600 - 05/10/17 07:05 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MadMuncher said:
Alright let's do it

There's more be patient

nice set up for a small garden

--------------------

OfflineLeeHarvOz
Homie
Male User Gallery

Re: Marijuana Cultivation pic of the day [Re: LeeHarvOz]
    #24316072 - 05/13/17 06:56 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

i just invsted in a light dep hopefuly ill get some pics of that up once i go visit the property.

not my grow, this ons all my homie who taught me all the hands on nowledge i have.

--------------------

Edited by LeeHarvOz (05/13/17 06:58 AM)

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: Marijuana Cultivation pic of the day [Re: LeeHarvOz]
    #24318443 - 05/14/17 09:02 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

those look nicely stacked from the small photos, though when enlarging them the link gives "image deleted by poster"

do they do any leafing from the bottom of the colas up, or leave everything?  i find leaving the top 5-9 sets of water leaves but picking all the rest helps tighten the colas even more

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

OfflineDorfnob
J.U.I.C.E.

#24321279 - 05/15/17 01:46 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

could I please here others opinions on the mainlining or manifolding technique. https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/main-line-topping-best-method.60224/ . I think its a really cool idea and little extra work can always pay off but its been difficult making my mind up as to whether it'll pay off.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana Cultivation pic of the day [Re: Dorfnob]
    #24321372 - 05/15/17 02:20 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Dorfnob said:
could I please here others opinions on the mainlining or manifolding technique. https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/main-line-topping-best-method.60224/ . I think its a really cool idea and little extra work can always pay off but its been difficult making my mind up as to whether it'll pay off.

i've had plants that were damaged when they were only a couple inches tall that then branch out like this.  in my experience (with the plants being about 40sq ft), damage eventually occurs (outdoors/greenhouse), no matter how well you train/tie them, once the colas have become heavy. 

i personally quit topping the last two years i grew.  if you tie the leader(s) back, the same results can be achieved without forcing the plant to respond to "damage" and without creating a potential for infection

training/tying are THE most important steps outside of your watering/feeding regimen

this was a few years back.  last year the results came out PERFECT, but my friend has not yet found the photos he took.  those are green crack, ~5 weeks before harvest.  the buds grew 4x fatter/heavier after these photos were snapped.  1.5-2lb cuttings, except for the stunted shorties in the front

two- or three-cage systems allow for infinite surface area as long as the branches have support

you want to create a 270-degree cola-monster

i also believe in pruning out as much of the inside waste (anything that will not make bud on the 1st go round gets cut out so all energy can go into the main colas.  as well, colas should have bud all the way up with few gaps in between nodes).  i like to stand at one end and be able to see (not clear through, but see) to the other side of the row

Edited by demiu5 (05/15/17 02:28 PM)

OfflineDorfnob
J.U.I.C.E.

#24321407 - 05/15/17 02:34 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

right on, thank you.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Re: Marijuana Cultivation pic of the day [Re: Dorfnob]
    #24321555 - 05/15/17 03:20 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Dorfnob said:
right on, thank you.

you bet.  i loved having 10'+ diameter plants in a bed 5' wide.  you do need to understand, though, many weeks were 40-60 hour work weeks to achieve these results, and harvest-time were 12-14 hour days day after day after day.

one more thing concerning the cages:  i used remesh (concrete wire, 6.5' long).  the small cages were 2-3' tall and pretty close to the plants to get the initial training COMPLETELY horizontal.  many times the stalk or branches would be tied down or tightened after tying multiple times.  you want to keep the branch protected from the remesh because it will rub/wear the stems and cause issues (if not immediately, definitely later on). 

the second cage was usually resting on the "edges" of the raised bed.  work them into the ground as much as possible (up to 6"; one square) to keep them from blowing over and potentially destroying the plant.  when it comes flower-time, i like to have the side branches (but not the center branches) arranged out of the remesh in triangular patterns so there is 6-9" minimum between each cola, which allows for maximum sun-catching 360 degrees (i.e. colas aren't blocking the sunlight from other colas).  unless the sun is directly overhead all day, there will be 45-90* of the plant (the "back" of the plant) that will not produce as much or many branches/colas.  not much you can do about that, so don't hesitate to prune heavier on that one "side."

additionally, some branches will need to be tied UP and some branches tied DOWN, and occasionally a single branch will need to be tied BOTH or UP-DOWN-UP/DOWN-UP-DOWN for maximum support

the joke we had was, 'when you close your eyes, you should see a stalk and braching in your vision' because of staring at the plant formation in the sun so long each day for so many days.  it's a joke, but it's not.

Edited by demiu5 (05/15/17 03:25 PM)

InvisibleJust_A_Noob
Breathing
Male User Gallery

#24365119 - 05/31/17 12:14 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

couple weeks ago

fingers crossed

--------------------

Complying = Consent
TC Teks & Links

InvisibleJust_A_Noob
Breathing
Male User Gallery

#24405016 - 06/14/17 11:31 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

They are growing well!!!

--------------------

Complying = Consent
TC Teks & Links

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

#24405952 - 06/14/17 05:28 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Just_A_Noob said:

They are growing well!!!

that seems way slow for two weeks.  are you giving any sort of dilute N for feed?  i'd be hitting them every 2-3 days with a very dilute N source, and watching how they respond. 

then again, i've heard it's been unusually cold/cool in humboldt, which means much of the rest of the PNW is likely way cooler, which would slow their growth

looks pretty healthy, though

--------------------

InvisibleJust_A_Noob
Breathing
Male User Gallery

#24405981 - 06/14/17 05:41 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Ive only watered like twice...  I have always overwatered shit so I am trying to be careful.  I spread some peat/verm/oyster shell mixture a few days ago.  I just put about a cup of worm castings around the base today and I am brewing some compost tea.  I am low elevation and I think I am quite close to the water table.  I'll water deep with the compost tea tomrrow. 

Thanks for checking it out :cheers:

--------------------

Complying = Consent
TC Teks & Links

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

#24406053 - 06/14/17 06:04 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Just_A_Noob said:
Ive only watered like twice...  I have always overwatered shit so I am trying to be careful.  I spread some peat/verm/oyster shell mixture a few days ago.  I just put about a cup of worm castings around the base today and I am brewing some compost tea.  I am low elevation and I think I am quite close to the water table.  I'll water deep with the compost tea tomrrow. 

Thanks for checking it out :cheers:

worm castings has little to no N in it and is mostly for texture and/or an EXPENSIVE way to introduce bacteria into the soil.  any idea what else was in the castings?

a good blend, assuming you mix 30-45 days prior to planting so it has time to cool off:

kelp meal
feather meal
cottonseed meal
oyster shell
a small amount of granular humic acid
hi-phos seabird OR bat guano
glacial rock dust (or another form of trace minerals; i usually used both rock dust and TMI from Sparetime Organics)
some form of readily available N (manure/emulsion/guano)
and if planting into hard/clay-y soil, gypsum

alalfa meal is also a good option, but i prefer using it in the tea solely ~10-14 days before flowering, and ~14 days after initial flower-lets form.  any kind of chitin-containing amendment is also good, though i never could justify the cost, personally.  also, there are various bacterial mixes, but many amendments come with a bacteria profile included (especially cottonseed meals)

how are you brewing your tea?  is it a constant bubble (or timed agitation)? or are you just hand-stirring?  if just hand-stirring, you may be doing more harm then good by allowing anaerobic bacteria to flourish in the tea, which then will be introduced to the soil

--------------------

InvisibleJust_A_Noob
Breathing
Male User Gallery

#24406076 - 06/14/17 06:14 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

It was just worm castings.  For the tea I just put some worm castings in a watering jug and filled with water.  I was going to let it sit a day or two, shaking daily.  The soil in the greenhouse seems to be very good.  We had chickens in there over the winter.  I got some blood meal around, maybe I'll add that to the tea before I water tomorrow

--------------------

Complying = Consent
TC Teks & Links

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

#24406103 - 06/14/17 06:30 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Just_A_Noob said:
It was just worm castings.  For the tea I just put some worm castings in a watering jug and filled with water.  I was going to let it sit a day or two, shaking daily.  The soil in the greenhouse seems to be very good.  We had chickens in there over the winter.  I got some blood meal around, maybe I'll add that to the tea before I water tomorrow

yea, that's not going to do anything for the plant.  also, if you're "shaking it" that means either you're keeping it closed or it has a tiny hole for air-flow.  that's essentially not tea and a breeding ground for anaerobic bacteria.

blood meal will help, but diversity is better. 

cannabis plants are HUNGRY, GREEDY plants, and will take just about everything you can throw at them.  the plant(s) will not produce what they are capable of without proper nutrition (short- and long-term)

if anything, top-dress with some manure (not hot) and it will give a little help over time as it's watered in

--------------------

InvisibleJust_A_Noob
Breathing
Male User Gallery

#24406116 - 06/14/17 06:36 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

:coolpost:

--------------------

Complying = Consent
TC Teks & Links

InvisibleJust_A_Noob
Breathing
Male User Gallery

#24444983 - 06/29/17 03:35 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

its definitely growing and getting bushy.  Im excited

--------------------

Complying = Consent
TC Teks & Links

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

#24447530 - 06/30/17 04:10 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Just_A_Noob said:

its definitely growing and getting bushy.  Im excited

you might end up with an oz or two off that.  or you may end up with a plant still trying to flower in november

i hope it works out for you, and i hope next season you heed some of my advice

--------------------

InvisibleJust_A_Noob
Breathing
Male User Gallery

#24447707 - 06/30/17 05:20 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

:thumbup:  and Ill update as it goes

--------------------

Complying = Consent
TC Teks & Links

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds