Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Large scale salvia grow (updated may 6) pics soon
    #2440154 - 03/16/04 04:22 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

here is the problem, i currently am growing 7 salvia plants, cloned from one origonal that i purchased off of e-bay. unfortunately due to extenuating circumstances i need to relocate.
mathematically speaking this is what i want to do
take my 7 plants and make atleast 2 clones from each plant, root them for 2 weeks then grow them for 3, then make 3 more clones from each

this is the progression of the amount of plants that i could have in one year following this path of cloning

7x3=21
21x3=63
63x3=189
189x3=567
567*3=1,701
1701*3=5,103
5103*3=15,309
15,309*3=45,927
45,927*3=137,781 :shocked:

so basically at the end of one years growing, assuming only 3 clones per plant, per cycle i could have aproxamately 137,000 some salvia plants.

but i need a space to start small where it wouldnt cost too much. does anyone have any sugestions?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Edited by zippoz (05/06/04 12:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: Help with location for large scale salvia grow [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2440243 - 03/16/04 05:03 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

have a green house made with pvc and clear tarp maybe, this guy does it around here for like $150 for one the size of a 2 car garage.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#2440439 - 03/16/04 06:03 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

it gets really cold here and the temperature fluxuations would not allow me to grow year round outdoors, furthermore i cannot do it on any of the property that i am living on.

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2440721 - 03/16/04 07:11 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

Do it indoors on racks of shelves with fluorescent lighting.

Each shelf should be about 17" tall allowing for 5 levels in a room 7' tall. if you put the shelves on rollers and a track you should be able to use almost the entire room instead of having to have walking space in between each row of shelves.

A room 7' tall * 10 * 10 with a 2' walkspace down one side, and another 2' walkspace down an adjacent side would give you 8 * 8 * 5 = 320 square feet of growing space.

How many plants can you fit in one square foot?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinejackgreen
JG
Male
Re: Help with location for large scale salvia grow [Re: John]
    #2441551 - 03/16/04 11:04 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

Hey jtryptamine, do you have the contact information as Iam interested and I live in florida.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#2441612 - 03/16/04 11:29 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

i know that i have to do it indoors, and how to do it.
the question is where can i rent a small space with electricity for a dirt cheap price?

--------------------
PEACE

OfflinestonErollEr1
The Psilocybinsolution
    #2442188 - 03/17/04 06:12 AM (20 years, 15 days ago)

137K seems a little high..and are you sure the cuttings will root in 2weeks and get enough growth in 3weeks to make 2new cutting stable enough to do the same procedure once again?
i guess the success %:ige will be a little less than 100% though..
But in theory it sounds cool..and i wish you good luck..in one way or another it will be ALOT OF SALVIA.. :smile:

peace..

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Help with location for large scale salvia grow [Re: stonErollEr1]
    #2442772 - 03/17/04 09:56 AM (20 years, 15 days ago)

you can make salvia cuttings with bare green talks. i have 10 of them right now, no leaves, no nothing, just one node.

OfflinestonErollEr1
The Psilocybinsolution
Re: Help with location for large scale salvia grow [Re: neuro]
    #2443442 - 03/17/04 01:11 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

Cool..i thoght that you needed some leafs to soak up some sun/light..

peace..

OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
Re: Help with location for large scale salvia grow [Re: stonErollEr1]
    #2443635 - 03/17/04 01:56 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

The stalk can do that, just not as well.
Actually, last time I made some cuttings, there were two with about five nodes (leaves stripped off three), and a leafless one-noder which I thought I might as well try to root up. It rooted about a week quicker than the other two (although subsequent growth was very much slower since the poor thing couldn't photosynthesise too well :frown:...)
However, a few weeks after being potted up it must have got an infection - it started turning black/brown from the top, and it spread downwards. And obviously you can't really amputate the only node...

Edit: HEY!!!! This was my 100th post!! Yeah!

Edited by Openminded (03/17/04 01:58 PM)

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: Help with location for large scale salvia grow [Re: Openminded]
    #2443990 - 03/17/04 04:00 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

that's an incredibly ambitious project you've got in mind there zippoz, and more power to you if you pull it off. at first I was thinking you should use one of those public storage shed like things you can rent, but I'm not sure if they have electricity and I somewhat doubt they do. Really I'm not sure what kind of setup would fit the specifications you need....what kind of budget are you working with here?

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
    #2444043 - 03/17/04 04:26 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

Must really really really like salvia

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#2444176 - 03/17/04 05:12 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

"what kind of budget are you working with here? "
i have about $900 to my name, however i am getting a job soon

For about $300 a month i could rent a trailer about 25 miles from my house. I think they are like 4-500 sq feet. And this would give me more than enough space to do this project.

300x12= $3600: a years rent.

my intentions with this project is to make salvia plants available to all that want them, and to lower the current market price for a salvia clone. and eventually throw the shroomery some $ for all it has helped me with.

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#2459791 - 03/22/04 09:56 AM (20 years, 10 days ago)

well i am going to look at a 200 sq. foot office for rent right off of I-80. 250 a month and 350 security deposit.

ofcourse if i do this i am going to have to get a real job to pay the rent, but this is way better than a trailer.

any more advise? i really would apreciate it

:smile:

--------------------
PEACE

Offlinegarbage

#2459843 - 03/22/04 10:21 AM (20 years, 10 days ago)

why are you going for a huge grow?

--------------------
  Vaporbrothers :smile:

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#2460025 - 03/22/04 11:49 AM (20 years, 10 days ago)

im going to become a salvia supplier, on a very large scale, hopefully i will be able to flood the market with salvia cuttings and bulk leaf and drive down the market price.

I just got back from looking at the office for rent, and to my supprise, all electricity and water is included, which means that i can run my flouros and my huge fucking 400 watt hps and not have to wory about the electricity bill, which would be well, alot.

im still going to look into a trailer park though, it would be nice to have a place that i could live at, if worse comes to worse.

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

#2461592 - 03/22/04 08:09 PM (20 years, 10 days ago)

..a very ambitious project indeed....not that it's a bad idea....if it works out let me know. much luck.

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Offlinegarbage

#2463068 - 03/23/04 06:22 AM (20 years, 9 days ago)

awesome. i hope everything works out, keep us updated.

--------------------
  Vaporbrothers :smile:

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#2464449 - 03/23/04 04:31 PM (20 years, 9 days ago)

well i did some logical thinking.
im going to be moving out wit some people to a big house soon enough, probably by the fall of this year.
and to spend $250 a month for a little office space, i could have my share of a house.

im just going to wait till i get a new place and strat there.

in the meantime i am going to try ad convicne a friend of mine to let me put up a 4x8 greenhouse on his property for $50 a month

--------------------
PEACE

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#2645585 - 05/06/04 12:58 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

WEll i have made arrangmentw with my friend and am now renting space in his garage. i have a 4x4x3 grow box pushing about 7000 lumens for 7 bushy plants, i will try and have pictures up soon.

i am wondering what the best method, or quickest method, to clone salvia is?

usually, i cut below the node at a 45 degree angle, dip in root tone, and put in a high humidity enviornment for about 2 weeks.

what it the optimal temp for sally clones?

--------------------
PEACE

Edited by zippoz (05/06/04 12:59 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies