Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Adventure
    #2440117 - 03/16/04 04:03 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

If my current major doesn't work out, I'm mounting my horse and I'm riding off into the sunset. MadHamish and me have been wanting to see the world from up close (so not just as a tourist), and leaving this,
< sarcasm >the pinnacle of Western culture< /sarcasm >.
The plan is to head out to India, do some charity work there for a year or so, search for work and stay, or wherever next the road will take us. It's kinda clich?, we're well aware, but we're making the jump soonish. If the studies do work out, we're leaving after we both get our degrees.

Now the questions to you folks are:
- Where's your sense of adventure?
- What are you waiting for?

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Adventure [Re: Alan Stone]
    #2440130 - 03/16/04 04:09 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

These two questions are very hard for me to answer.

Recently I have been trying to figure out what it is in my life that could be my passion, something I could love in this world. Something to make me happy. That's not the same as adventure, but if you can't answer my question then answering adventure is a hard one as well.

But if I had to guess, I think my adventure would be seeing something so far from my own life that it puts it into a great perspective. If I wanted an extreme adventure, something like India would be pretty much what I would want to. To see people and places that have meaning. To see religion in a pure, beautiful form. I need some inspiration for my own life.

However, I can't see myself traveling to India. That is past a boundary of travel I don't want to cross. Nor could I afford a long trip to India/around there.

Europe I would rather do.

And what am I waiting for? Anything but what I have now.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Re: Adventure [Re: freddurgan]
    #2440151 - 03/16/04 04:19 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

You can enlist as a volunteer for an organisation like the Red Cross, it's fairly simple. All you have to be willing to do is be open towards the locals and to spend your time, but that we all do anyways. A friend of mine went there and the Red Cross paid her flight there and back, and she got shelter and food from locals.
The only real boundaries are in our heads.

Thought I'd add this in: I've always identified very strongly with Jesus, so I guess my passion could be to help others. Psychologically speaking one could say because I don't know what to do with myself or my life, but why the hell shouldn't I? I've had the fairly good life during my entire 21 years up to now, time to give some back. No use whining about the poor, hungry and/or diseased if you don't do anything about it, right?
So my passions would be helping others, philosophy and writing.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Edited by Alan Stone (03/16/04 04:24 PM)

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2441559 - 03/16/04 11:06 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

The only real boundaries are in our heads.

Yep.  :grin:

I guess I don't have much of a sense of adventure.  I need my world to be somewhat "ordered", and going off on an adventure in another part of the world, where nothing is familiar, and where I don't know anyone, just wouldn't do for me. 

However, I help people here where I live as much as I can, although that is one of the factors that probably almost put me in the poor house.  I think I have to do better at discerning who is "needy" v. who just wants free services.  :sigh:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2442444 - 03/17/04 07:56 AM (20 years, 15 days ago)

:grin:

Wel, there's two kinds of adeventures to take.
There's the insane one and the sane one :wink:

maybe some examples will help

insane:
I was living out of my "home" when I was still a sophmore in high school. just a job, and moving around a lot, lots of "experimenting". Met tons of great people, and got in trouble. Now I'm back at home 6 years later. :lol:

sane: 
practicing the guitar and making music with a buddy while having a job and getting a degree. If all goes well (or maybe just most of it) I will be a part of a kick ass band and will be able to travel.

Choose wisely  :shocked:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlinesleepysmoker
Stranger

#2443275 - 03/17/04 12:28 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

im thinking about bolting to some place in asia after high school. id give up all possessions, that i dont need for survival, and just concentrate on riding myself of all the minds habits. then, maybe id come back here all genuis like n shit to get a degree and bring a bit more peace to our quite bind soceity.

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Re: Adventure [Re: sleepysmoker]
    #2444018 - 03/17/04 04:14 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

Quote:

Wel, there's two kinds of adeventures to take.
There's the insane one and the sane one

Geez, you're making it sound like I don't fit society's norms. Lemme think... what was I doing on these boards again?  :wink:

Quote:

id give up all possessions, that i dont need for survival, and just concentrate on riding myself of all the minds habits. then, maybe id come back here all genuis like n shit to get a degree and bring a bit more peace to our quite bind soceity.

That's part of our plan, too. Some posessions we might keep, like a journal and a guitar, for instance - while not necessary for survival, they can help pass the time when you have nothing to do.

--------------------

- Aristotle

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Adventure [Re: Frog]
    #2444606 - 03/17/04 07:20 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

"The only real boundaries are in our heads"

Except when they break some Indian law and get thrown into jail after a brutal bamboocane pole whipping, and they realize the cell bars arent really make beleive. SORRY way off subjecy, as for the original topic<< Ride on dude!! I say get a horse and see the country side, i like your idea of offering yourself for work in trade for food/shelter, and living off the land and whatever presents itself to you.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #2444638 - 03/17/04 07:30 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

Urban outdoorsmen.

Offlinesleepysmoker
Stranger

#2444709 - 03/17/04 07:49 PM (20 years, 15 days ago)

theres always something to do

ill just be...

sorry for all the misspelled words in my last post, i was in the middle of class so i was typin it up real fast.

mispelled, or missspelled, lol

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order