Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMushroomTech
Stranger
Looking for fresh Reishi or high quality dried.
    #24053521 - 01/31/17 03:45 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I have browsed this forum off and on for years and marveled at the knowledge base as I fantasized about growing edibles.  I am finally prompted to join for something considerably more serious.

The Short Version:

I'm looking for fresh Reishi (ideally) or good quality dried Reishi that was grown on a nutritious substrate.

The Long Version:

My dad has lymphoma.  Chemo worked and bought him 2 years, but it's back and changed.  The doctors gave it their best shot and failed this time, and are ready to send him to hospice.  He's still got some fight in him, and we figure we've got one good try at doing something.  After some research, we've decided Reishi is the best choice for that one shot.  We're ramping him up on extracts, but even with what you think is high quality, you don't know exactly what you have or what the potency may be.

I really want to find some high quality fresh Reishi (or dried if fresh isn't available).  As progressed as he is, the only hope he has is to try an extremely high intake, so we want to make our own extract so we know what we really have.

If you happen to be growing Reishi and have some fresh, or dried, and wouldn't mind selling some then please get in touch.  If you would just like to be kept in the loop about how he responds to this fairly wild self medicated experiment, it should be educational from a learning perspective and I would be glad to keep you informed.

Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChwyn
Bacteria Rancher

Re: Looking for fresh Reishi or high quality dried. [Re: MushroomTech]
    #24054038 - 01/31/17 10:16 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

A guy named grower in here has reishi he is in Texas. You can find him on youtube by the name of MyersMushrooms just leave a comment on his newest video and he will get back to you.:thumbup: best of luck.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTech
Stranger
Re: Looking for fresh Reishi or high quality dried. [Re: Chwyn]
    #24054839 - 01/31/17 03:16 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Many thanks, I just looked him up and sent him a message on FB.  His edibles look great!

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Looking for fresh Reishi or high quality dried. [Re: MushroomTech]
    #24054910 - 01/31/17 03:35 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I responded on FB. Crazy, i don't even need to promote myself anymore lol.

Edited by Gr0wer (01/31/17 03:36 PM)

OfflineTravelAgency
The ongoing "wow"

Re: Looking for fresh Reishi or high quality dried. [Re: Gr0wer]
    #24056094 - 01/31/17 11:30 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Oh snap! Gr0wer I just noticed your TC tag!!!! Congrats mate!!!! You definitely deserve it!!!

:leocheers:

--------------------

Indoor Greenhouse Build 
          Mid Size Mushroom Farm

OfflineFerather
Mycological
Male User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom Flag
Re: Looking for fresh Reishi or high quality dried. [Re: Gr0wer]
    #24056515 - 02/01/17 07:13 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Gr0wer said:
I responded on FB. Crazy, i don't even need to promote myself anymore lol.

:awedance:

--------------------

Growing mushrooms, general guide and information (Ferather's Journal), https://ibb.co/rG3rML2

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27857366#27857366

DTS DCH Driver for Realtek [DTS:X] - Unlocked and reprogrammed.

Offlinedrake89
Mushroom Magnate
Male User Gallery

Loc: TN
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Looking for fresh Reishi or high quality dried. [Re: Ferather]
    #24056559 - 02/01/17 08:08 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

you got better chances killing cancer with high potency cannabis extracts, it's still not great odds.  GL, cancer is a bitch.

--------------------
Fiery Fungi (like us on faeboo)

OfflineMysticMoteToter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Who nose.
Re: Looking for fresh Reishi or high quality dried. [Re: drake89]
    #24056638 - 02/01/17 08:51 AM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

drake89 said:
you got better chances killing cancer with high potency cannabis extracts, it's still not great odds.  GL, cancer is a bitch.

:whathesaid:
unfortunately i think reishi (most "eastern medicine") is more of a preventative medicine rather than a treatment medicine. It definitely couldn't hurt to try reishi, and at the risk of sounding like a preachy hippie, just spend every possible second you can with him, supporting, talking to, sitting in silence and just loving him. Positivity and love are powerful in both the physical and emotional ailments that comes with this regardless of the outcome.

Sincerely, much love, positivity and best wishes for you and your family.  :hug: :sun:

--------------------

:zaphod:   :zaphod: 

Half Homo Hardly Sapient
Overview Effect
Fuck War, Feed Birds.

Offlinehighspore
Stranger
Re: Looking for fresh Reishi or high quality dried. [Re: TravelAgency]
    #24382068 - 06/06/17 11:00 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Looking for fresh Reishi or high quality dried. [Re: drake89]
    #24384038 - 06/06/17 11:41 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

drake89 said:

Sorry drake, but I beg to differ.  Not that I'm anti-cannabis, and I'm quite well versed on it's neuroprotective and MANY other benefits when it comes to cancer, but it seems to be to be more of a treatment for symptoms, not a cure (I could be wrong on this, but there ARE mushrooms and other plants that work at LEAST equally well in curing cancer).

Reishi and MOST of the other well known medicinal mushrooms have much stronger immuno-modulating effects than cannabis, and can not only strengthen the immune system, but almost completely reverse the damaging effects of chemotherapy (if used), and if not used, DIRECTLY attack and heal (or at least stop growth and proliferation of) cancerous cells and almost all other types of tumors.  This is well documented in numerous peer-reviewed medical journal articles.

And don't even get me started on other plants which are much better for treating cancer.  Cannibis is great (again, for symptoms and making you feel better), but as far as I know it doesn't even compare to other plants that can inhibit the cancer induced inhibition of natural cell apoptosis.  (if cannabis does this, feel free to correct me - but there's other plants that do it better).

Cancer spreads because it inhibits your immune system's natural chemical messengers that cause normal apoptosis (programmed cell death for deformed/malignant cells).  There are MANY plants, I can list them if needed, that up-regulate the chemical messenger molecules normally present in a healthy immune system, which are suppressed by cancer.  Up-regulating these natural immune components will allow them to do what they're supposed to do, and induce normal apoptosis in malignant/deformed/cancerous cells, causing them to die as they should instead of proliferate and continue to reproduce.  Many of the medicinal mushrooms we know about on here work just as well as the plants I can list, and by many of the same mechanisms. 

If you don't believe me, read some books by Stephen Buhner on Lyme disease (there's at least 5, I've read all of them cover to cover).  Believe it or not, lyme and it's co-infections work much the same way cancer does.  They stop apoptosis so they can keep the cells they've infected alive, and continue to scavenge nutrients that they need from them.  If the cells die, the bacteria will no longer be able to scavenge it's needed nutrients from them, so they stop them from dying.  Cancer does basically the same thing (although it is not a bacteria and the reasons for it inhibiting apoptosis are different, the effects are the same, and can be remedied in similar ways).  (and on a side note, recent research has found that many if not most types of cancer can be caused by chronic, often asymptomatic, bacterial infections - mycoplasma and erlichia/anaplasma to name a couple).

Yes, cannibis is great for treating cancer symptoms and improving quality of life - but believe it or not, natural CURES for cancer already exist, and work quite well (not as much the older/more immuno-compromised the patient and the more progressed the cancer is, but still...)  Even in an older individual, I think high enough doses of medicinal mushrooms and plants have a much better chance of actually curing cancer than cannabis alone.

Just some food for thought.

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Looking for fresh Reishi or high quality dried. [Re: Forrester]
    #24389784 - 06/08/17 10:50 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Oh and MushroomTech - I'm glad you found Grower to help you, but if you need any more I've got plenty of high quality wild foraged G. tsugae I could send ya some if needed.  Just PM me if you ever need.

A lot of people on here have helped me out, so I try to do the same.  It's reishi season again here, so I hope to find a bunch more soon!  And as long as I got enough, I will never charge when it's going to someone to treat a disease like that.

--------------------
Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.
-------------------

Have some medicinal mushrooms and want to get the most out of them?  Try this double extraction method.

Offlinelonglife
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24390306 - 06/09/17 06:04 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Forrester said:
Quote:

drake89 said:

Sorry drake, but I beg to differ.  Not that I'm anti-cannabis, and I'm quite well versed on it's neuroprotective and MANY other benefits when it comes to cancer, but it seems to be to be more of a treatment for symptoms, not a cure (I could be wrong on this, but there ARE mushrooms and other plants that work at LEAST equally well in curing cancer).

Reishi and MOST of the other well known medicinal mushrooms have much stronger immuno-modulating effects than cannabis, and can not only strengthen the immune system, but almost completely reverse the damaging effects of chemotherapy (if used), and if not used, DIRECTLY attack and heal (or at least stop growth and proliferation of) cancerous cells and almost all other types of tumors.  This is well documented in numerous peer-reviewed medical journal articles.

And don't even get me started on other plants which are much better for treating cancer.  Cannibis is great (again, for symptoms and making you feel better), but as far as I know it doesn't even compare to other plants that can inhibit the cancer induced inhibition of natural cell apoptosis.  (if cannabis does this, feel free to correct me - but there's other plants that do it better).

Cancer spreads because it inhibits your immune system's natural chemical messengers that cause normal apoptosis (programmed cell death for deformed/malignant cells).  There are MANY plants, I can list them if needed, that up-regulate the chemical messenger molecules normally present in a healthy immune system, which are suppressed by cancer.  Up-regulating these natural immune components will allow them to do what they're supposed to do, and induce normal apoptosis in malignant/deformed/cancerous cells, causing them to die as they should instead of proliferate and continue to reproduce.  Many of the medicinal mushrooms we know about on here work just as well as the plants I can list, and by many of the same mechanisms. 

If you don't believe me, read some books by Stephen Buhner on Lyme disease (there's at least 5, I've read all of them cover to cover).  Believe it or not, lyme and it's co-infections work much the same way cancer does.  They stop apoptosis so they can keep the cells they've infected alive, and continue to scavenge nutrients that they need from them.  If the cells die, the bacteria will no longer be able to scavenge it's needed nutrients from them, so they stop them from dying.  Cancer does basically the same thing (although it is not a bacteria and the reasons for it inhibiting apoptosis are different, the effects are the same, and can be remedied in similar ways).  (and on a side note, recent research has found that many if not most types of cancer can be caused by chronic, often asymptomatic, bacterial infections - mycoplasma and erlichia/anaplasma to name a couple).

Yes, cannibis is great for treating cancer symptoms and improving quality of life - but believe it or not, natural CURES for cancer already exist, and work quite well (not as much the older/more immuno-compromised the patient and the more progressed the cancer is, but still...)  Even in an older individual, I think high enough doses of medicinal mushrooms and plants have a much better chance of actually curing cancer than cannabis alone.

Just some food for thought.

Please post books, resources or literature on the subject of healing plants and mushrooms for the curing of ''hard'' diseases and ills like cancer, lyme dissease and other illneses that are popular in our society at the moment.
As i am really interested in trying to grow as much medicinal mushrooms and heal the people if they can be healed :smile:

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Looking for fresh Reishi or high quality dried. [Re: longlife]
    #24392473 - 06/09/17 10:08 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

longlife said:
Please post books, resources or literature on the subject of healing plants and mushrooms for the curing of ''hard'' diseases and ills like cancer, lyme dissease and other illneses that are popular in our society at the moment.
As i am really interested in trying to grow as much medicinal mushrooms and heal the people if they can be healed :smile:

- almost any book by Stephen Buhner - Herbal Antibiotics, Herbal antivirals, Healing Lyme, (and the other two books about Lyme co-infections).
- Why can't I get better? by Richard Horowitz, How can I get better? by Richard Horiwitz
(and yes, all these but the first two mentioned focus on Lyme disease, but if you're into in-depth reading about infectious diseases and how they work in the body, they will teach you a lot about not only Lyme but other diseases and most especially a TON of great plants to treat ANY disease - especially the two by Buhner on Lyme Co-infections, and his herbal antibiotics and herbal antivirals - those will teach you the most about plants).

-Specifically about mushrooms, try:

-Medicinal mushrooms, by Christopher Hobbs
-The Fungal Pharmacy, by Robert Rogers (the most comprehensive one I've found)
-Chaga: King of the medicinal mushrooms, by David Wolfe

These are only a few of the ones I've personally read, I just searched Amazon and there's a TON of others that look great, but I can't recommend anything I haven't read myself cover to cover.  For the price Amazon gives you though, almost any of them are worth a read!  (except anything by Paul Stamets, because he's a money grubbing douche)  Just kidding!  (p.s. - not kidding)

Actually I should read Stamets stuff, there's probably some good info there but most if it is pretty dated.  Buhner's stuff on plants includes some of the newest, most amazing info on plants most of the western world hasn't even heard of yet.  Many internet suppliers have started stocking and selling plants he mentions JUST because he mentioned them and their benefits - there's a clue that they really DO work.  He's treated something like 30,000 Lyme patients in his career and has been studying herbal remedies for like 30 years.  He's one of the few that recognizes the fact that antibiotics are going to become obsolete in the VERY near future, due to bacterial resistance, which is already becoming a very serious problem - even most anti-herbalist MD's acknowledge this truth.  Think about it - bacteria evolve MUCH quicker than we do, their life span being so much shorter, so they are learning to combat our crappy pharmaceuticals MUCH quicker than we are learning or trying to come up with new ones.  While plants have lived alongside bacteria for much longer, and are smarter than we are, and have come up with ways to defend against them that the bacteria and viruses are not able to become resistant to.

Sorry I can't provide much info on anti-cancer books (I'm not dealing with it myself, I'm dealing with Lyme)- other than the most important one, The Fungal Pharmacy by Robert Rogers.  Read it and you'll see how medicinal mushrooms (at the RIGHT dosages - like the Chinese have been using for thousands of years, not the tepid, small, recommended American dosages) and you will see how these mushrooms can stop the growth and proliferation of cancerous cells, and even put it into total remission - along with many of the plants Buhner mentions.

Hope that helps!  And keep in mind, most of these books are pretty technical and LONG, so you have to be really motivated and interested in order to be able to plow through them.  Since my whole family is currently fighting lyme, I had no problem doing this.  Maybe if you know someone you care about with cancer, you will hopefully have the same motivation.

And you may just end up running into information you can use to help people you know with other problems - I found a tincture formula I can make for my dad who is having serious problems with Gout right now, and that was in one of the Lyme books.  Arthritis?  Early signs of Alzheimer's/dimentia?  All covered, and treatable (maybe not curable depending on the age of patient and stage of disease, like I mentioned before), but still incredibly helpful for symptoms.

--------------------
-------------------

OfflineTravelAgency
The ongoing "wow"

#24394051 - 06/10/17 02:33 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

:takingnotes: always love seeing your knowledge Forrester

--------------------

Indoor Greenhouse Build 
          Mid Size Mushroom Farm

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Looking for fresh Reishi or high quality dried. [Re: TravelAgency]
    #24394621 - 06/10/17 06:19 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TravelAgency said:
:takingnotes: always love seeing your knowledge Forrester

Thanks, always glad to help with the little knowledge I'm able to find :smile:

Actually I did find a good anti-cancer plant - look into Sida acuta (and other sida species)

Here's an interesting article as well on compounds found in plants that directly fight cancer.

--------------------
-------------------

Offlinelonglife
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24396016 - 06/11/17 08:42 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you a lot Forrester!

Some time I read few posts that you posted about Lion's mane and Lyme disease if i remember correctly, and it inspired me to search for more such things.
So i am really glad that you collected the information you know and posted, it helps a lot!

:sunny:

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Looking for fresh Reishi or high quality dried. [Re: longlife]
    #24397514 - 06/11/17 05:44 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

longlife said:
Thank you a lot Forrester!

Some time I read few posts that you posted about Lion's mane and Lyme disease if i remember correctly, and it inspired me to search for more such things.
So i am really glad that you collected the information you know and posted, it helps a lot!

:sunny:

I'm glad!  My wife was actually FINALLY, after 7 months on antibiotics, able to go off them entirely and focus on taking more and more of the herbals/mushrooms and is doing great so far!  It's awesome to see her feeling a little better finally, it's a long process and I've still got a ways to go myself (still on the antibiotics), but it's amazing how much the natural medicinals, plant and mushroom alike, really do help.

And I haven't even started the lion's mane yet!  Just about finished tincturing the fruits TinKid sent me, so looking forward to getting some of my brain function/memory back.  Lion's mane is truly amazing in what it can do to repair the damage Lyme does to your brain/CNS.

You may not ever be able to completely eradicate the Lyme bacteria from your body, but if you restore your immune system to it's proper functioning, and take the right natural medicines to repair the damage, you CAN keep it in remission as long as you don't ever let your health decline and your immune system become compromised again. 

Kinda sounds similar to cancer really... Forces you to keep your body and immune system in good health, eat the right foods and herbal medicinals (which are treated like foods in countries like China - they cook their Cordyceps and other TCM plants into stews and other foods all the time, kinda reminds me of the famous quote “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates

Eventually, I think if the human race (western world specifically, especially the US) wants to win the battle against bacteria, we are going to have to start really LIVING by that quote.  The current medical model of "one bacteria/virus - one treatment (antibiotic) = cured" is DECADES outdated.  Most people these days suffering from chronic illness have multiple (usually un/or mis-diagnosed) pathogens attacking them - often times parasites, bacteria, viral, AND fungal components.  All of these things are becoming resistant to the standard medical treatment, and if it doesn't change soon, all those smaller, quicker evolving pathogenic organisms are going to win the battle. 

The more people that can be educated about these things and the more THEY spread the knowledge, the better chances we humans have of surviving and winning the battle.  (that is of course if we don't destroy the planet first... but that's another topic for another day, I've gone on long enough :lol:)

--------------------
-------------------

OfflineForresterM
aspiring sociopath
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24397606 - 06/11/17 06:13 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Oh, and to correct my disagreement with Drake - I just talked to my wife and learned a bit, I guess you were right about the RIGHT type of high-potency cannabis extracts being able to fight/cure cancer.  Rick Simpson oil I guess is one of the best?

I still don't agree that it's any better than the right combo of mushroom and plant extracts, but there's no reason to argue about that, why not use them all?  With the right treatment and positive outlook in the patient, cancer IS totally curable, even at late-stage basal carcinoma (skin-cancer), which is I guess what Rick Simpson had, that led him to develop his extremely effective formula "Rick Simpson oil".

So there, I got myself educated a bit and had to correct myself in disagreeing with you Drake, I think in the end we were both right :smile:

But please don't discount the ability of mushrooms to heal - I think it's just the small dosages we Americans are instructed to take that make them seem less than ideal.  When you've got the perfect formulation - right mushrooms and HIGH dosage, mushrooms can stop the progress of and even cure cancer just as well, especially when combined with the right plants.

:peace:

--------------------
-------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate