Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Hot Plate, Perlite, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekindahaze
Stranger
Leaving grow kit a week alone at home
    #24395746 - 06/11/17 07:23 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Hello everyone

I have recently bought this grow kit
https://www.shayanashop.com/GrowKits/pd-2955-1075-pm14/Mexican_All_in_One_Growkit-XL.aspx

I followed an instruction that i watched on youtube.So first I filled it with water and  waited 12 hours .Next day I have taken all the water out and placed the grow kit in plastic bag. I keep it in a dark place and everyday I use water spray to humidify the plastic bag but not directly on mushroom. It has been just 2 days. So my question is, What if I leave the kit alone for a week. I have to travel somewhere and there s noone who can take care of mushrooms.I guess only problem is going to be water.Is it going to be enough if I just place a glass of water next to grow kit?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMycster
Old Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Leaving grow kit a week alone at home [Re: kindahaze]
    #24396219 - 06/11/17 12:11 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Welcome to the shroomery!

We don't encourage grow kits; they're usually overpriced, have bad instructions, and you don't learn as much.

You should do a bunch of reading, if you don't want to invest in a pressure cooker then start with the PF Tek.

Since you already have the kit, and you have to leave for a week, might as well go for it. If you can find some perlite, get it damp, and put it in the bottom of a big plastic bag with your bin on top of it. Your mushrooms might drop their spores before you get back, so some of them may be stained but they'll be safe to eat.

Offlinekindahaze
Stranger
Re: Leaving grow kit a week alone at home [Re: Mycster]
    #24398656 - 06/12/17 07:16 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you for your reply. I couldnt find perlite but what if i place some wet cotton pads in plastic bag?

InvisibleKenInVic
Hey Bulldog
Male User Gallery

Loc: 3rd Stone from the Sun Flag
Re: Leaving grow kit a week alone at home [Re: kindahaze]
    #24399047 - 06/12/17 11:43 AM (3 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

kindahaze said:
Thank you for your reply. I couldnt find perlite but what if i place some wet cotton pads in plastic bag?

Cotton is organic and will go rotten or mouldy.  You want something that will hold the water but not provide nutrients to contaminates.

--------------------
***My SGFC***  ***ID Mushrooms Here***
Pondering the question, "Are we all here, because we're not all there?"

"Because something is happening here, but you don't know what it is, do you, Mr. Jones."  Ballad of a Thin Man by Mrs. Zimmerman's little boy, Bobby.

InvisibleTheMadHatter420
Trusted Farmer

Re: Leaving grow kit a week alone at home [Re: KenInVic]
    #24399919 - 06/12/17 05:41 PM (3 years, 10 months ago)

:facepalm3: Fucking grow kits and their shit instructions. You MIGHT be able to put it in the fridge until you get back. We can do this with grain jars, but not sure about something put into fruiting. Try to get a trusted cultivators opinion on that. Cold should slow it down, then you pull it when you get back and it should be fine after a couple days.

*****I COULD BE WRONG ABOUT THIS SO DO NOt DO IT WITHOUT A 2ND OPINION ON THIS. IT IS ONLY A POSSIBLE IDEA AT THIS POINT! LIKE I SAID I KNOW IT CAN BE DONE WITH GRAIN JARS, AGAR PLATES, AND SLANTS.

--------------------
JOIN THE POW WOW

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Hot Plate, Perlite, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started