Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomyMcPot
Male

Loc: TX
Re: why do plants and stuff have drugs in them? [Re: Ravus]
    #2392560 - 03/01/04 08:31 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
If what you say is true, there is a lot more to this. How would a mushroom know what fits into human neuro-receptors?

Probably the same way evoloution developed the eye. I mean how was it (evoloution) to know about collecting reflected radiation? It baffles me.
I think these alkaloids are used so people will pick them and eat them, therefore carrying them around spreading spores or seeds. Possibly even cultivating the plants or mushrooms. Evoloution can be crafty far beyond our imagination.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: why do plants and stuff have drugs in them? [Re: teen]
    #2432324 - 03/14/04 07:05 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
Re: why do plants and stuff have drugs in them? [Re: felixhigh]
    #2433949 - 03/15/04 06:27 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I beleive they are gifts from the Creator, after all He created the earth and then us and put man in His garden to tend to it.Its no mistake :laugh:

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2435428 - 03/15/04 03:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think there is a scientific and spiritual reason for everything. it is true that psilocybine (sp?) does not have any special function for the mushroom in itself or for the good of its own system, but it does give us euphoria and pleasure, a new and deeper look upon life and the belief in god/universal consciousness (call it what you will) as well (and most importantly) the will to be peacefull. Have you ever noticed how drunks get into fights while stoners laugh together...? Shrooms show us the importance of peace and harmony... I believe their is a higher profound purpose for it and this is the purpose, to guide us in the right direction (cause we as an evolving race arent really getting anywhere untill every body is peacefull and happy and live life inharmony such as the animals. If the mushrooms only wanted humans to help it spread its spores wouldnt the trip just be a regular euphoric high...? I think there is a work of god with these plants... but as with everything there are scientifical explanations for everything, just so it makes sense according to physics and the law of nature... that doesnt mean the answers stop there though. Its true that its wrong of us to continuously think we are here for some purpose, because we can just look in our selves and see what we want which is harmony, so that automatically signifies that our purpose is to be happy and nothing more. Purity...

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
Re: why do plants and stuff have drugs in them? [Re: filthysock]
    #2435479 - 03/15/04 03:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

filthysock said:
I think there is a scientific and spiritual reason for everything.  it is true that psilocybine (sp?) does not have any special function for the mushroom in itself or for the good of its own system, but it does give us euphoria and pleasure, a new and deeper look upon life and the belief in god/universal consciousness (call it what you will) as well (and most importantly) the will to be peacefull.  Have you ever noticed how drunks get into fights while stoners laugh together...?  Shrooms show us the importance of peace and harmony... I believe their is a higher profound purpose for it and this is the purpose, to guide us in the right direction (cause we as an evolving race arent really getting anywhere untill every body is peacefull and happy and live life inharmony such as the animals.  If the mushrooms only wanted humans to help it spread its spores wouldnt the trip just be a regular euphoric high...?  I think there is a work of god with these plants... but as with everything there are scientifical explanations for everything, just so it makes sense according to physics and the law of nature... that doesnt mean the answers stop there though.  Its true that its wrong of us to continuously think we are here for some purpose, because we can just look in our selves and see what we want which is harmony, so that automatically signifies that our purpose is to be happy and nothing more.  Purity...

well put there my freind :grin: :rolleyes: :grin: :loveeyes: :cool: :biggrin:

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #2439053 - 03/16/04 11:39 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Perhaps plants and animals are simply much closer relatives at the molecular level than some people may have originally assumed..

*shrug*

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
Re: why do plants and stuff have drugs in them? [Re: ekomstop]
    #2439540 - 03/16/04 01:42 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i think it all has to do with defence. peyote doesnt have spines because it doesnt need them. its defended by a potent toxin mescaline. and if i was a deer i wouldnt eat those things more then once.

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Offlinetom234my
Marijuana,Chronic..preferred...,
Loc: Second,Third Spliff,Chro...
    #2442057 - 03/17/04 04:12 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Whoo discovered Robitussin? the real person. someone with a bad cold looking for some relief..

--------------------
Enjoy zen, for now what happened?,..."Throw your neighborhood in the air..If you don't care.." - Ice Cube-(Friday..soundtrack) Whoo Hooo, need some more chronic now!.ahh much better...

Offlinetom234my
    #2442062 - 03/17/04 04:17 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was messed up all around today, still wow plastic trees plastic houses, Im ready to go on another walk, it is so quiet outside you could hear someoneelse on dex up the block listening to you?? whattriippy thought dex plastc land , kind of like dexdisneyland, I know people that went to disneyworld on dex trip eh?

--------------------
Enjoy zen, for now what happened?,..."Throw your neighborhood in the air..If you don't care.." - Ice Cube-(Friday..soundtrack) Whoo Hooo, need some more chronic now!.ahh much better...

Offlinetom234my
    #2442067 - 03/17/04 04:22 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I have dex buildup on my dex bottle i think i'll throw it away,, im still felling good, plastic land, slow time release plastic cough syrup, huh

--------------------

Offlinetom234my
Re: why do plants and stuff have drugs in them? [Re: tom234my]
    #2442069 - 03/17/04 04:25 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Dex!! :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract