Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
Re: E3 2017 [Re: Konyap]
    #24414217 - 06/18/17 06:05 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Just fucking work on TES: VI like everyone actually wants you to bethesda :kingcrankey:

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
Re: E3 2017 [Re: kakashi68]
    #24415375 - 06/18/17 03:11 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

kakashi68 said:
still if anything as the years go on the devs are engaging less with the players. All they do is just show trailers, gameplay and cringy shit that no one wants to see.

If anything this is more just a product of everything in modern times. Everyone is just out to make money on the global scale with little regard for the actual quality of the product.

mmm
perhaps lacked clarity in my account

E3 used to be more founded in the industry,
and news outlets controlled the flow of information about titles,
now the press conferences are likely watched by more consumers
than members of the press

the average gamer does not care about talking heads detailing specs,
most people just want to see what is coming out
in that regard, trailers, gameplay, and quick passes make sense
they are no longer trying to sell media heads on regurgitating talking points
they are reliant upon hooking the attention spans of gamers

Bethesda this year is a good example
their 'Bethesdaland' cartoons were ridiculous
but had a contextual significance to people in attendance
as the entire Bethesda e3 showcase area was set up like a theme park
complete with a ferris wheel and a (pretty sure open) bar

to me, the most telling moment was when Pete Hines came out
and commented on how he does not want to see the bar tab that got him the round of applause
which, and this may be me reading too much into it,
felt like him referencing how getting a bunch of fans drunk costs more
than getting a handful of game reviewers drunk

and Pete is always about bottom line -- he is VP of marketing at Bethesda Softworks
and Softworks is the overarching publisher
whereas Bethesda Game Studios is the developer

This year had the second most attendees ever

it's the result of a shift at the level of who the publishers see as the 'target audience' of E3 now

but where it crosses over with the actual game quality
and the sequel-syndrome we previously discussed
is that, in the end, gamers are the ones who pay for the ferris wheel and the rest of the show
the production values are going up, in part due to marketing campaigns,
making it less financially safe to do 'daring' things in the medium

this can be good or it can be bad,
it is bad in the sense that it makes E3 less interesting to consume as a media event
but, on the other hand, Divinity Original Sin 2 goes to full release in September
and am looking more forward to that than most titles over the past few years
the Alpha gameplay is solid; it basically takes almost everything Divinity Original Sin did
and improves on it
does not do much 'new' in the series or genre,
but the Enhanced Edition was already just an overhaul of the original game
that became, quite possibly, my favourite title in the past 10 years

likely the appeal of the title to me is that it helps recreate some of my experience
of Final Fantasy Tactics way back on the original playstation
sense of nostalgia can be powerful
:shrug:

Edited by Tantrika (06/18/17 03:58 PM)

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Re: E3 2017 [Re: twighead]
    #24415418 - 06/18/17 03:23 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

twighead said:
Just fucking work on TES: VI like everyone actually wants you to bethesda :kingcrankey:

To be fair, they may be
with all their space themeing at E3 this year
it really seemed like the rumored 'Starfield' was coming
then there was nothing of any sort
but they could be at work on ES6 instead

the telling thing this year
was that Bethesda Game Studios itself
the developer that handles Elder Scrolls and Fallout
was conspicuously absent
aside from a port of Skyrim to the the Switch, and Fallout/Skyrim VR
which were likely handled by the new Montréal studio
with possibility that Skyrim VR was actually handled by Zenimax in some capacity
given the court case against occulus

think the bigger issue is that Bethesda Softworks
is still hanging on the name power of Bethesda Game Studios
to try and hold appeal for their e3; after the first BE3 with Fallout 4's debut

but Bethesda Softworks is the overarching publisher
that also handles Arkane, Id, and the other associated studios
so the press events exist independent of any presence from Bethesda Game Studios
which is the sub-group most people instantly think of upon hearing 'Bethesda'

Also, Elder Scrolls Online previewed something like three upcoming DLC packs
and not a one of them was based in Elsweyr
so even all these years after ESO came out
the only place we get to visit in Elsweyr is a single city on half a map
with the rest of the map being Valenwood
we have visited multiple locations in every province, except one
and they won't even announce a DLC of that province
it still smells to me like BGS is working on Elder Scrolls 6: Elsweyr
:cookiemonster:

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Re: E3 2017 [Re: Tantrika]
    #24415420 - 06/18/17 03:24 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Got a kick out of this

E3 titles in 3 minutes

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: E3 2017 [Re: Tantrika]
    #24420625 - 06/20/17 01:55 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I like wolfenstein and evil withen if anything THOSE are the games I want to play

you Elder scrolls people have Online and Morrowind to play
what the fuck are you complaining about nazi style and horrer shooters for?
You do realize if they stopped making those games we'd have fucking eSports games and madden as our only options
if they decided to make either of those two games heck even metro a year or two years from now people wouldn't even remember what they are and they'd sell badly
Elder scrolls will still sell even if it's only released once every 8 years.

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Re: E3 2017 [Re: Konyap]
    #24424240 - 06/21/17 03:54 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I like wolfenstein a lot - it's sick. But TES VI hopefully will and should fucking blow ESO out of the water. Eso - for all its virtue and it has a decent amount is a steaming pile of shit compared to what a full fledged TES ting should be, and when TES is properly delivered - there isn't a single IP that bethesda has (besides maybe properly modded new vegas, and that was obsidian dev...) that remotely holds a candle to it imo.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
    #24425744 - 06/22/17 03:15 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

ESO is not bad by any means now, you just have to accept that to make it massively multiplayer it just can't be the exact same as the single player counterparts, but it is by no means bad.  In fact its one of the best MMO's out there IMO.

They did a really good job with the questing, with the zone sizes, with making it FEEL like a TES game.  A lot has changed since its first release when I first played it.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Re: E3 2017 [Re: mndfreeze]
    #24428251 - 06/23/17 02:44 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

for better or for worse
think ESO may have had more influence than people give credit to it for
apparently the new Creation Club thing Bethesda is doing
is (they claim) going to be mainly content made in-house rather than by modders
and released in a microtransaction store like ESO runs on now

on the one hand, it potentially means new content for games years after release
and they have a second division in Montréal that opened after Fallout 4
so it does not necessarily have to tie up the main team

on the other hand,
it's MMO-style microtransactions for single-player titles
do not really want to see it take off too successfully
as it is not a good direction for the industry to decide to go
to nickle and dime gamers further

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

#24428320 - 06/23/17 04:33 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
ESO is not bad by any means now, you just have to accept that to make it massively multiplayer it just can't be the exact same as the single player counterparts, but it is by no means bad.  In fact its one of the best MMO's out there IMO.

They did a really good job with the questing, with the zone sizes, with making it FEEL like a TES game.  A lot has changed since its first release when I first played it.

Yes, I didn't say it was a bad game - for what it is - I just said it's nothing compared to the vibes of what a real TES game plays like and I find it frustrating that it's more or less become a hindrance to releasing said game (which has been the longest gap between actual TES releases yet?) ... I have fun playing it for the most part, but get rather bored with the on-rails limited combat system, the classes are all kind of boring and boxed in rather awkwardly, the attributes are incredibly simplified, and all the NPCs just stand around like nothing's ever happening which makes the world feel very stale to me, and with the one tamriel thing which was really good in one way - almost completely eradicated any sense of progress in the game (almost like Oblivion's system, but that was easy to fix with OOO) .. I just feel like I've been at the same level, with the same amount of challenge fighting the same enemies for like 30 levels straight with almost 0 change in my spells, or anything significant.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24428332 - 06/23/17 04:51 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

twighead said:
Quote:

mndfreeze said:

Yes, I didn't say it was a bad game - for what it is - I just said it's nothing compared to the vibes of what a real TES game plays like and I find it frustrating that it's more or less become a hindrance to releasing said game (which has been the longest gap between actual TES releases yet?) ... I have fun playing it for the most part, but get rather bored with the on-rails limited combat system, the classes are all kind of boring and boxed in rather awkwardly, the attributes are incredibly simplified, and all the NPCs just stand around like nothing's ever happening which makes the world feel very stale to me, and with the one tamriel thing which was really good in one way - almost completely eradicated any sense of progress in the game (almost like Oblivion's system, but that was easy to fix with OOO) .. I just feel like I've been at the same level, with the same amount of challenge fighting the same enemies for like 30 levels straight with almost 0 change in my spells, or anything significant.

Well part of the problem is the game used to be progression based when it started and the community threw a massive fucking epic shitstorm about not being able to just wander around, etc etc.  MMO's just can't work and scale the way single player stuff does, it just doesn't work.  They did a really good job with one tamriel to make it so you can just go anywhere, but the way the scaling works everything is baseline CP 160 including you for the most part.  Once you get to champion levels you will definitely start to notice a difference in fighting things.

But I know what you mean and I agree to a point, I just know there isn't a way to satisfy everything for everyone especially when the TES games dont even follow their own set standards game to game, let alone jumping to an MMO style.

I don't get what you say about on rails combat though?  The combat in TESO feels more complex then skyrim's generic ass combat, at least I feel.  I play in first person though not third and it feels very well done.  No auto aiming, there are telegraphing sort of things you have to watch out for, ways to toss your spells/abilities or mix them together.  IT becomes pretty high skill especially in the late game.

With One Tamriel you have to look at the game a lot differently.  Level 50 is definitely NOTHING like max level.  In fact, level 50 is more like when your game actually starts to differentiate a bit.  Since they opened up every zone to everyone, there is waaaaaaaaay more XP and content and stuff out there to do, so level 50 is almost like the starting section now lol.

Also, I would definitely consider going into the new DLC zones.  Orsinum is really good, so is craglorn.  I'm doing morrowwind right now and really enjoying it although not as much as orsinium since I never got to much into the original morrrowwind game. 

The DLC's definitely have much better zones and story then the base game zones do, since those are all basically unchanged from initial release and wont ever really be.

The main story is good though and the mage and fighters guild quests are good, for base game content.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

#24428341 - 06/23/17 05:04 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, you're right in that I do need to check out the DLC... I was just butthurt about giving them more money cause I bought the game at release and put in a good 50-60$ more into paying them a sub, and in the end, I've gotten less out of that than someone who came along this year and threw down 25$ and got the game and all the DLC without having to pay anything more... :lol:

Since I play sorc - all of my abilities are more or less auto aimed, and I haven't really changed up anything in the 5 spells (2 are utility so its just 3 combat spells and my ult really that I fight with) since I feel that I already have the most effective DPS setup with them. Maybe I should try a different class but I don't know. The thing I always reveled in with previous titles was the fun feel of the ragdoll physics combined with the fluidity of being able to switch between styles, in Skyrim or Oblivion I'd frequently be starting out combat sniping people with a bow, getting a few satisfying headshots in, cast a few AOE spells that fling people across the map, using the environment to fight and then pulling out a sword and having proper duels.. In ESO so far I basically just cast a few spells and wreck big groups of randomly standing around enemies in the same way over and over :lol: So maybe I need to look more into ways to mix that up.. Not sure.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24428678 - 06/23/17 09:17 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I play sorc also and I can tell you, there are a ton of different ways to play it.  I promise what you thought was optimal probably isnt. :laugh:

IMO just sub again because all the DLC except morrowind is included as long as  you are subbed, plus the crafting bag is the tits.

I'm running destro lightning staff on bar 1, destroy flame staff bar 2, one bar is all AOE other bar is single target stuff. I use a implosive imp on both bars.  so I'm running a total of 9 abilities.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale