Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineleegol_eyes
dazed n'confused
Outdoor grow
    #2439055 - 03/16/04 01:39 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

hey i made a previous post which died leaving many questions unanswered so i decided to make a new condensed one, id really appreciate it if someone could help me out on this.
old post: Couple questions, my friend has some horses in northern minnesota, there is still snow on the ground there, but i think im gonna move up there for the summer, i got a couple cakes colonized, after they fruit i was thinking i could hold on to them and do some outdoor growing up there, but my questions are- Will horse manure work as effectively as cow manure?- Is northern minnesota climate suitable for P.C.s?(temps usually range 60-85 in summer)- And if my cakes stop fruiting b4 im up there how can i store the cakes so they dont get contams and stay "viable"?
Current Unanswered Questions: and also id set it up and check on it every couple weeks but i wouldnt be able to take intensive care of it. So would cubensis survive on its own in northern minnesota climate? I dont want a year round patch, just one for a couple fruits this summer. All i expect it to survive for is 3 months, does anyone think a culture of golden teachers could make it in northern minnesota summer climate?. And i thought i heard mycelium can be stored by freezing, it will get contams if its just refridgerated wont it? anyone know anything about storing mycelium? Anyone grown cubes in a climate similar to that of minnesota?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedillinger
cereal killer

Re: Outdoor grow [Re: leegol_eyes]
    #2439095 - 03/16/04 01:50 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i think it will survive easily, the temp is just about ideal

Invisiblespadlishus7
GEARHEADLIKEAMOFO

Loc: YO MAMA BIOTCH
Re: Outdoor grow [Re: dillinger]
    #2439150 - 03/16/04 02:02 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

when do you plan on moving?
chances are, if you flush the cake out fully, it'll be about a month or two before it stops fruiting anyway.
are you going to case, or fruit from cakes?
how long are you going to be there?
are you going to print them?

--------------------

Offlineleegol_eyes
dazed n'confused
Re: Outdoor grow [Re: spadlishus7]
    #2439226 - 03/16/04 02:23 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

ill be up there in about 60 days, so just as the temps up there start to get good. cakes arent even completely colonized so maybe storing them will nbot be a problem, it just might work out perfect, but lets say it doesnt how can they be stored?
and i think im just going to fruit from cakes, but ill be up there until the temps start goin below 60. not a fan of winter :smile: and no im not going to print them, i might case one of the cakes after its just about done flushing though. or i could just print some that grow outdoors.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation