Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

my jars are insane !!!
    #2437544 - 03/15/04 11:56 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

I don't know WTF is with my jars ... I inculated them a week ago and i was allready thinking about throwing then away ( becose i did something wrong when PC-ing , but it is ok after all ) ... It started to grow 3 days ago , well i noticed it 3 days ago ... It grows with explosive speed , incredible , now i have in few jars allready 20% colonization ...
I'm a bit worried becose the mycelium looks on few spots more like darker color , could it be contamination ? Can someone give me pics where i can see contamination that looks like mycelium ... I think it is mycelium , but just in case ...

And yes , i forgot to ask , when should i shake my jars for the last time ? At some 20-30% colonization or what ???

Thx for helping ...  :shiftyeyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: my jars are insane !!! [Re: baltazar]
    #2437583 - 03/16/04 12:05 AM (20 years, 17 days ago)

um, myc. is white. if theres any other color, its prolly contam, sorry. search through the contam forum and see if you can find something.

shaking at about 20% is pretty much the norm.

goodluck

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

Re: my jars are insane !!! [Re: Psilygirl]
    #2437650 - 03/16/04 12:22 AM (20 years, 17 days ago)

hm ... can cobweb be formed in a jar ?

This is my first time growing so i can't say if it is mycelium or not ... it is not snow white , a bit darker white , but it looks like mycelium ... Ill search on contamination forum ...

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

#2437670 - 03/16/04 12:29 AM (20 years, 17 days ago)

yes it can be formed in jar. its a grayish color, and it moves quickly. its described as whispy compared to mycelium (which is white, more "ropey")

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Offlinekottonmouthss

#2437875 - 03/16/04 01:29 AM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Dont throw anything out man, it is probably health myc, take this jar away from the others, wait and see, and be sure before throw it out. just my 2 cents

Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

Re: my jars are insane !!! [Re: kottonmouthss]
    #2437932 - 03/16/04 01:49 AM (20 years, 17 days ago)

ill try to make a pic of this , my digital camera is shity , but i hope ill get the "mycelium" ...

This shit is forming in every jar , i don't belive that i have contamination in every F... jar !!!! Shit ...

Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

#2438057 - 03/16/04 03:51 AM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Well i made some pics , low quality but you can see the shit ...

This is the one of the jars , the mycelium doesn't much darker than normal ...

This here is the problem , it looks like wierd ... Not like in the first jar . I was thinking if that's how young mycelium looks like ??? I mean it is not very thick or anything , it just started to form , maybe that's the reason ... What do you think ? Did your jars look like that when it just started to grow ???

Here is the 3rd jar , looks like the mycelium in the first one ... I didn't make a photo of the last jar becose it looks the same like 1. and 3. jar ...

Well , tell me what do you think ? Ill just wait ... My theory is that it could be just very young mycelium , just started to grow ... This is my first grow and i never saw mycelium before so i realy can't know what it is ... !!! Help needed !!! ...

:shiftyeyes:  :shiftyeyes:  :shiftyeyes:  :shiftyeyes:  :shiftyeyes:

InvisibleTRS
The SneakyMastermind
    #2438176 - 03/16/04 05:49 AM (20 years, 17 days ago)

sort of hard for me to tell from the photos but imo they look fine

Offlinemg420
journeyman
    #2438188 - 03/16/04 06:03 AM (20 years, 17 days ago)

first grow? relax. Put them away and take them out in week. No point fretting over things, just wait a week and you'll know for sure at that growth rate.

Offlinedisturbed
Poutine andSodomy
Male User Gallery

Loc: O-H-I-O
Re: my jars are insane !!! [Re: mg420]
    #2438352 - 03/16/04 07:21 AM (20 years, 17 days ago)

cob web will take over your jar in a matter of days. if that spot doesn't get real big, real fast then don't worry about it... It's kinda hard to tell from pic quality, but it looks like it's prolly myc.

--------------------

11/25/07 first time entrant ban lottery champion

Anonymous

#2438530 - 03/16/04 08:32 AM (20 years, 17 days ago)

you can also add a little h2o2 to it to kill the cob web if that is what it is

and if your jars are isane you should get them to the mental hospital right away  :tongue:

Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

Re: my jars are insane !!! [Re: fee]
    #2438960 - 03/16/04 11:14 AM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Ok ... Thanks , i hope i get at least one good jar . This is my first grow , do i'm a bit woried abaout everything ... How much mycelium should grow normaly ( in percentages ) in one day ? I notice that it grows with nice speed but only the outside of the jar ( the visible side ) is colonized , should i shake the jars anyway or let them stay like that till the weekend and than shake ?  :blush:

InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #2439144 - 03/16/04 12:01 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

The second picture, the one that you've written on, is definitely contamed IMO, but it is hard to tell from the poor quality of the pic. I would smell them; if they smell at all unpleasant and non "mushroomy" then its probly a contam; smell is a reliable indicater IME.

good luck with the other jars bro

-Odium

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

#2439168 - 03/16/04 12:08 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

yeah, its kinda hard to tell, but the second pic looks like wet spot, and the first pic a little bit, too although it could be from clumping at the bottom. Did you shake the jars as soon as the pc neutralized pressure, this will help with the clumping of grain. do all your jars have that?

dont worry about losing all your jars, it's only your first time. you had mentioned you thought you screwed up in PCing, maybe thats what went wrong. though wet spot is usually from too much water. thats part of the learning experience, so dont get down from it, just try again!

--------------------

Offlinewobbly
Stranger
    #2439251 - 03/16/04 12:29 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Don't throw anything out!!!. I had jars that i knocked up with liquid innoc. And at first i thought it was cobweb, because of the not brillant white and fast growth. I left them and low and behold holy shity bright white super fast mycelium growing.:D

Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

Re: my jars are insane !!! [Re: wobbly]
    #2439468 - 03/16/04 01:24 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

Hehe ... Odiumjunkie , the problem is i don't know how should the shrooms smell ( mycelium ) ... What should it smell on if it is contaminated ???

I shaked the jars properly after PC-ing , there were no clumps and the seeds looked like nice moist ( not too wet ) , so i realy don't know what is the problem , maybe i didn't sterilize somethinh when working ... The problem is i got only one more print left and i realy wan't to make some more prints to have enough materials if something goes wrong . I was realy hoping i get in my first time some results , but obviosly i F... up !!

I won't give up , but i can say im a bit disapointed :frown: ... I hope , like i said , at least one jar to grow healthy mycelium :'(

Ill let them just stay and ill check them for few days ... Or should i just throw them away ?

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

#2439597 - 03/16/04 01:57 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

if you are unsure, then wait a few days. recognizing contams comes with experience. but it looks like wetspot to me, although again its hard to tell from the pics for certain. what ratio of grain/H2O did you use?

--------------------

Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

#2439909 - 03/16/04 03:00 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

i soaked grain for 6 hours in water and then i got all the water out of the seeds , the birdseed was just moist , not wet ...

Ill see how it is going to grow later ... Can someone make a pic of young mycelium, just started to grow , so i can see the diference , if there is any ... ???

Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

#2439940 - 03/16/04 03:08 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

Hm ...

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23418

i found this excelent article about contamination and im preety sure that wet spot isn't the case here ... The jars are just moist , not wet and there are actualy no drips of water ... If my jars are contamined then i think it could be cobweb ... Well i realy don't know ... Ill make the smell test tommorow and then if it doensn't show any signs of contamination ill let them stay this week and then see what's going on ...

What do you think ?  :crying:

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

#2439981 - 03/16/04 03:20 PM (20 years, 16 days ago)

hmm well again its hard to say from your pics, but if its cobweb it will take over very quickly.

so i guess just wait it out a couple days and see what happens.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck