Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

3 US Marine Officers, Datura extract * 2
    #24383245 - 06/06/17 05:55 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

https://colombiareports.com/us-investigating-marine-officials-losing-classified-information-colombia-report/

Three US Marine officers are investigated after a night out in Colombia’s capital Bogota ended in “local women” stealing the Marines’ computers containing classified information, according to newspaper The Miami Herald.

The newspaper said it had obtained a report on the investigation against a colonel and two majors, who apparently were drugged and robbed after a pub crawl in Bogota.

According to this report, the three officers face “appropriate administrative or judicial proceedings” and could be charged with “conduct unbecoming an officer” at least.

The Miami Herald reported that, according to the report, the three men had violated their 1AM curfew and ventured into a working-class part of Bogota where they picked up four women and took them back to their hotel.

The men appear to have been drugged with scopolamine as two of them passed out, while the third left the hotel to withdraw cash from an ATM.

The use of scopolamine, a drug extracted from a native plant, is frequently used by prostitutes and robbers as it virtually turns a victim in a docile zombie that would obey to do anything, like voluntarily withdrawing cash from an ATM and giving it to their assailants.

According to the Miami Herald, the military officers had been briefed on “the specific hazard associated with local nationals utilizing the drug scopolamine to incapacitate and rob their victims.”

They started their night out with a larger group of Marines, the majority of whom apparently did stick to the formal instructions and went home.

The three investigated officers, however, allegedly went to the Galerias neighborhood, a district in the center of the Colombian capital with a number of bars dedicated to prostitution.

By the morning, the officers had lost one laptop, two cell phones and one tablet, all property of the US military, according to the report.

The scandal involving US military personnel misbehaving against orders is the second in five years.

In 2012, 11 members of the US Secret Service reportedly hired 20 prostitutes, but got caught after they refused to pay the women, who called the police.

--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: 3 US Marine Officers, Datura extract [Re: Morel Guy] * 1
    #24383363 - 06/06/17 06:39 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

You should have administered scopolamine, first, then given orders. :shrug:

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: 3 US Marine Officers, Datura extract [Re: durian_2008]
    #24383385 - 06/06/17 06:48 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Datura's pretty dangrous wonder if it's ever been substituted for ayuhuascha

Edited by Konyap (06/06/17 06:49 PM)

OfflineDoneKildatReason
Chemical in the body
Male User Gallery

Loc: Green Country Flag
Re: 3 US Marine Officers, Datura extract [Re: Konyap]
    #24383512 - 06/06/17 07:43 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Wonder if it's soluble in dmso

--------------------
This was an experiment.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: 3 US Marine Officers, Datura extract [Re: Konyap]
    #24383904 - 06/06/17 10:26 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Konyap said:

I've heard a few reports over the years of "Toé" (Brugmansia...contains scopolamine) being found in ayahuasca brews that "ayahuasca-tourists" have drank. Pretty sure at least a few people have died from drinking ayahuasca down in Peru, I forget all the details but recall that Toé/brugmansia was a likely culprit in those cases.

Some shamans do traditionally add Toé to ayauhuasca, or for certain situation/specific uses (aya can be a mixture of plants beyond the usual caapi & chacruna)...but what I think happens is, some people take advantage of tourists that are seeking ayahuasca and they give them a brew of Toé/brugmansia calling it ayahuasca. ...and/or some "shamans" think the "aya-tourists" are seeking a trip that's as crazy & far out as possible so they throw some brugmansia into the mix :lol: .

-OM

--------------------

Invisibledurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: 3 US Marine Officers, Datura extract [Re: openmind]
    #24390840 - 06/09/17 11:04 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Since they are intentionally putting themselves on death's doorstep, they might stay there, longer, for more important work.

At least, one plant source of tropane alkaloids is supposed to make them go blind, for three days.

OfflineConnoisseur

Re: 3 US Marine Officers, Datura extract [Re: openmind]
    #24391004 - 06/09/17 12:24 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

openmind said:
Quote:

Konyap said:

I've heard a few reports over the years of "Toé" (Brugmansia...contains scopolamine) being found in ayahuasca brews that "ayahuasca-tourists" have drank. Pretty sure at least a few people have died from drinking ayahuasca down in Peru, I forget all the details but recall that Toé/brugmansia was a likely culprit in those cases.

Some shamans do traditionally add Toé to ayauhuasca, or for certain situation/specific uses (aya can be a mixture of plants beyond the usual caapi & chacruna)...but what I think happens is, some people take advantage of tourists that are seeking ayahuasca and they give them a brew of Toé/brugmansia calling it ayahuasca. ...and/or some "shamans" think the "aya-tourists" are seeking a trip that's as crazy & far out as possible so they throw some brugmansia into the mix :lol: .

-OM

this is why i will never trust ayahuasca unless i make it myself

also many of the deaths have nothing to do with scop, they are from people not following an MAOI diet

also as far as the OP goes, those marines are idiots

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: 3 US Marine Officers, Datura extract [Re: Connoisseur]
    #24391904 - 06/09/17 06:13 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

They sorta have an image of being dumb, Marines in General.  Probably because they have a history of doing very hard jobs ya gotta be a little stupid to enjoy.

I know my Dad said a thing or two about them.  There usually the ones that go full retard, back in the day.  Probably better at mental health these days and whatever else.

--------------------

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Loc: the abyss
Re: 3 US Marine Officers, Datura extract [Re: Morel Guy] * 1
    #24398598 - 06/12/17 04:06 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

scopolamine as a weapon, the way it is used in south america, is absolutely terifying. it completely erodes your free will: people will literally help robbers load all their furniture onto trucks, then go to various atms until they have cleaned out their accounts, often perform sex acts or whatever else the attackers encourage, its absolutely fucked up

the worst part is the way it fucks people up afterward, they seem like a whole part of their brain is just fried, they are never right again. the doses these people are given, and the behaviors they engage in (seeminglyy of their own volition) cause permenant psychological/psichiatric and neurological issues. i read an article on this med student that had his mind destroyed by it, cries at home with his mom every night since, its some of the most horrible  shit ive ever read

the cartels and similar types have been using this stuf for a while, and it appeared in some of those old cia studies that got declassified as well. unfortunately, now even random hookers know about it and use it regularly to pay the bills. i think vice did a bit on it where they show how easy it is to get in certain areas

the people dosing and robbing these folks have no concern for proper dosing or the long term damage they do to their victims. hell, they think its funny

--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Invisibledurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: 3 US Marine Officers, Datura extract [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #24400158 - 06/12/17 05:10 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

In other words, they are super soldiers.

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Re: 3 US Marine Officers, Datura extract [Re: durian_2008]
    #24400661 - 06/12/17 08:36 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like they got finessed

OfflineWiiiiilson
Katso Grower
Male User Gallery

Re: 3 US Marine Officers, Datura extract [Re: DoneKildatReason]
    #24401468 - 06/13/17 06:51 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Lol. And why would you wonder if it's soluble in DMSO?

--------------------
Long time lurker and learner!

OfflineWiiiiilson
Katso Grower
Male User Gallery

#24401473 - 06/13/17 06:56 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

As fucked up as everyone says it is, I am still curious about Datura - and the stories I hear just keep getting worse.

There's a few clips on YouTube and man... they all seem fucked up. If nothing else, the types of people that choose to do Datura on Youtube are fucked up white trash types. No respect for their own minds.

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: 3 US Marine Officers, Datura extract [Re: Wiiiiilson]
    #24401488 - 06/13/17 07:04 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

If you drink proper datura tea like beer by the gallon or eat the seeds, ya that's way to much!

It's one of the most messed up substances in the world.  Also a cure for vx gas.  Wow!

--------------------

InvisibleIbex-Trismegistus
Stranger

Re: 3 US Marine Officers, Datura extract [Re: Wiiiiilson] * 1
    #24401582 - 06/13/17 07:51 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Scopolamine poisoning is often reported from south America. Many are reportedly given the compounds in high dose and become victims of robbery, kidnapping, rape, or other despicable crimes.

I would not recommend this plant and the compound(s) it contains to anybody. It is very dangerous, the experience is unpleasant, and can last upwards of weeks depending on how much is ingested. Many have died from ingesting such plants, often in the United states it was younger kids looking to get high and tragically ending their lives. When a person tells me they want to take this plant, all I can think is WHY? Even for a master shaman this plant is considered difficult to work with. (In south America datura, called "toe", and is often used as an admixture plant in ayahuasca or San pedro (cimora) decoctions ) it really is more of an "ordeal poison" than a psychedelic. There is an entire sect of shamanism where rather than entheogens ordeal poisons are employed. You takes these poisons, and you feel as though you are dying, you are in such intense suffering that you actually want to die, but, you do not die, you recover, and as a result you experience transformation. Datura, when used shamanically, in my mind is an ordeal poison, and is not to be bothered with by drug seekers.

I have intentionally ingested datarua stramonium, belledonna, and brugmansia, and every time immediately regretted the venture as soon as the compound took hold. It becomes difficult to speak and maintain clear thoughts, it feels as if the vicious little alkaloids are preventing proper conscious function, you literally feel brain damaged, you fret "I'll be stuck like this for life!". It becomes difficult to discern reality from dream states, you will speak with individuals who are not there, go places, do things, all in your mind. You will smoke "phantom cigarettes", you will grab at objects Which are not there, it's pure hell. Then there's physical distress, spouts of nausea, body aches and  pains, feeling exhausted but massively uncomfortable no matter how you are positioned and remaining in this restless state for long stretches of time, there is urinary retention, during one incident a male friend of mine described the urinary retention being so bad he had to sit on the toilet and just let his urine slowly drip out, during this time he believed he was speaking with me, he said he saw me as only half a body sticking out from the wall into the bathtub, the metal faucet he saw as a long barrel 45 revolver pistol in my hand, despite all these abnormalities, he was convinced this was actually occurring. This same friend also reported speaking with one of our living friends as a "ghost". All of us had noticed that when you communicate with people you know in these hallucinations it's not like talking to a friend in a dream, where they say what you think they would say, it's exactly as speaking with the individual in real life, it's quite unpredictable and feels "outside" of being generated in one's mind. I have always seen this as a shamanic aspect of the plant, however it's very difficult to remember these events, or to recover any useful information, unless you are conditioned to such ordeals.

This plant has a long history as a poison.

In 1679 soldiers believing that datura was a food plant experienced a mass poisoning, as described below:
Quote:

The James-Town Weed (which resembles the Thorny Apple of Peru, and I take to be the plant so call'd) is supposed to be one of the greatest coolers in the world. This being an early plant, was gather'd very young for a boil'd salad, by some of the soldiers sent thither to quell the rebellion of Bacon (1676); and some of them ate plentifully of it, the effect of which was a very pleasant comedy, for they turned natural fools upon it for several days: one would blow up a feather in the air; another would dart straws at it with much fury; and another, stark naked, was sitting up in a corner like a monkey, grinning and making mows [grimaces] at them; a fourth would fondly kiss and paw his companions, and sneer in their faces with a countenance more antic than any in a Dutch droll.

In this frantic condition they were confined, lest they should, in their folly, destroy themselves—though it was observed that all their actions were full of innocence and good nature. Indeed, they were not very cleanly; for they would have wallowed in their own excrements, if they had not been prevented. A thousand such simple tricks they played, and after eleven days returned themselves again, not remembering anything that had passed.

— Robert Beverley, Jr., The History and Present State of Virginia, Book II: Of the Natural Product and Conveniencies in Its Unimprov'd State, Before the English Went Thither, 1705

Greeks and Romans would use these tropane alkaloid containing plants to poison enemy armies.

It is said that "witches" would collect datura, and make an ointment with a mixture of the plant and animal fat, and that this is why witches are depicted as having green skin, as olde tyme "witches" would rub the green ointment on their skin, giving it a green appearance. It is also claimed that these "witches" would use broom-sticks to apply the ointment. To vilify these "witches" claims were made that they used the fat of human babies, and that using the plants was an act of Satan worship.

These tropane containing plants have been used as medicines in ancient India and other areas of the ancient world, and the compounds themselves are still used in medicine today.

The United states military even employed a compound called 3-Quinuclidinyl benzilate or "BZ" during Viet nam. BZ produces a state very, very, similar to datura poisoning.

There is a very rich and entertaining history here, however as this post is already quite long I'll stop here.

--------------------
I've noticed that when people are joking they're usually dead serious, and when they're serious, they're usually pretty funny.-Jim Morrison

'Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.-Confucius —

When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system’s game. The establishment will irritate you – pull your beard, flick your face – to make you fight. Because once they’ve got you violent, then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don’t know how to handle is non-violence and humor.”― John Lennon

This account as been hacked! It is still being messed with by an intruder.

Stranger

#24401665 - 06/13/17 08:21 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

c10h12n2o said:
scopolamine as a weapon, the way it is used in south america, is absolutely terifying. it completely erodes your free will: people will literally help robbers load all their furniture onto trucks, then go to various atms until they have cleaned out their accounts, often perform sex acts or whatever else the attackers encourage, its absolutely fucked up

the worst part is the way it fucks people up afterward, they seem like a whole part of their brain is just fried, they are never right again. the doses these people are given, and the behaviors they engage in (seeminglyy of their own volition) cause permenant psychological/psichiatric and neurological issues. i read an article on this med student that had his mind destroyed by it, cries at home with his mom every night since, its some of the most horrible  shit ive ever read

the cartels and similar types have been using this stuf for a while, and it appeared in some of those old cia studies that got declassified as well. unfortunately, now even random hookers know about it and use it regularly to pay the bills. i think vice did a bit on it where they show how easy it is to get in certain areas

the people dosing and robbing these folks have no concern for proper dosing or the long term damage they do to their victims. hell, they think its funny

I have intentionally ingested these substances several times, and while some of those reports are totally believable, I do not believe I could ever be convinced to "withdraw all my money from my ATM and give it to the criminals" or "help move my property into the criminals van" as has been reported in the media. I think there may be some exaggeration going on. Don't get me wrong, these compounds can be used to victimize individuals quite effectively, and they often are, specially in south America, however having personal experience with these compounds it is hard for me to believe some of this stuff, I'm sure there is some truth there, but I think there is more embellishment and exaggeration than most realize.

These compounds have never been "hard to get", datura, belladonna, brugmansia, and many others are sold as ornamental plants. There are a good deal of these plants growing in the front yards of old ladies all through out my average suburban neighborhood. Again, I think a good deal of the media reports are overly exaggerated.

The CIA did investigate atropine, scopolamine, and these other tropane alkaloids. The conclusion was they could serve as incapacitating agents. These compounds displayed little use for interrogation or for directing the victims actions, such as is described in these modern reports. Eventually 3-Quinuclidinyl benzilate was employed. 3-Quinuclidinyl benzilate produces near identical effects as these tropane alkaloids.

Any way, I have seen many of these reports, and I'm not fully discrediting them but I am personally quite skeptical of some of these reports. I have met individuals who believe that scopolamine is "the most dangerous drug in the world" because of those reports, and do nit realize that scopolamine is medication used to treat motion sickness as well postoperative nausea and vomiting, and that when used properly it can actually be quite safe. Even when used as an poison it is still far from "the most dangerous in the world". So, While there some truth here, there is also quite a bit of exaggeration and media bombast.

--------------------
I've noticed that when people are joking they're usually dead serious, and when they're serious, they're usually pretty funny.-Jim Morrison

When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system’s game. The establishment will irritate you – pull your beard, flick your face – to make you fight. Because once they’ve got you violent, then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don’t know how to handle is non-violence and humor.”― John Lennon

OfflineWiiiiilson
Katso Grower
Male User Gallery

Re: 3 US Marine Officers, Datura extract [Re: Ibex-Trismegistus]
    #24401912 - 06/13/17 09:42 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Heh, I guess it's just my ignorance.

I once thought ecstacy would drain your spinal fluid, since that's what the government told us. I never thought I'd one day try it myself *gasp*!

I guess it all comes down to dosage.

Even meth. I once thought it was the scariest thing, but then I found at that a few people I know have been functional users who weren't addicted on their first try and didnt lose all their teeth or get paranoid psychosis.
I'd still be very wary of scopolamine in any form.

--------------------

OfflineMorel Guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24402120 - 06/13/17 11:17 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Some drugs simply are not recreational.

--------------------

InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

Re: 3 US Marine Officers, Datura extract [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24404076 - 06/14/17 02:07 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Ive done most every drug, but ive declined to do datura thoubhave had access tonit several times. Its actually common to see as house plant in peoples front yard. At least where im at

Stranger

#24404655 - 06/14/17 08:57 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wiiiiilson said:
Heh, I guess it's just my ignorance.

I once thought ecstacy would drain your spinal fluid, since that's what the government told us. I never thought I'd one day try it myself *gasp*!

I guess it all comes down to dosage.

Even meth. I once thought it was the scariest thing, but then I found at that a few people I know have been functional users who weren't addicted on their first try and didnt lose all their teeth or get paranoid psychosis.
I'd still be very wary of scopolamine in any form.

Don't get me wrong, these compounds can be used in some pretty terrible ways, and they are. There is just a good deal of exaggeration going on in these media reports. These compounds can be pretty bad, but they are no where near as bad as the reporting would lead one to believe.

There are a good deal of drug myths out there, I have never heard anything about MDMA and spinal fluid, however, MDMA does actually appear to remove dendritic spines of the neuron:
Quote:

3,4-Methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA), a major drug of abuse and a main metabolite after 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) intake, provokes a loss of dendritic spine-like protrusions in primary cultures of rat cortical neurons
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21075084

However, I'm not sure that removal of these spines has much of a discernable effect, I'm sure you could study a person with these spines and a person without them and find little difference between the two individuals.

I have heard it claimed by some that "LSD stays in the spinal fluid for life", this is pure nonsense.
Quote:

Occasionally, people claim that LSD has been found in spinal fluid years after the last time LSD was taken. There is no support for this claim. If anyone knows of a research article that has looked at spinal fluid of LSD users for LSD, please let us know
https://erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_myth1.shtml

LSD should be fully metabolized within hours, which again, makes claims of LSD remaining in the body seem that much more absurd.

Most people, even to this day believe the "LSD and Strychnine" myths, which have absolutely no basis in reality what so ever
Quote:

"The observation of strychnine as being present in any street drug, as a by-product, or a contaminant, or an impurity has never been documented. It is a natural plant product, as are the ergots which are used in the synthesis of LSD. But they come from totally unrelated plants; there has never been a report of strychnine and an ergot alkaloid co-existing in a single species. So if the two materials are together in a drug sample, it could only be by the hand of man. I have personally looked a large number of illicit street offerings and have never detected the presence of strychnine

The same argument applies to the myth that occasionally surfaces, that strychnine occurs in the white tufts of peyote. This is equally fraudulent -- it has never been reported in that cactus or any other cactus."
Furthermore, it should probably be spelled out that strychnine is not needed to bond LSD to blotter paper, nor is strychnine a breakdown product of LSD. these are probably the two most commonly repeated gross misconceptions.
https://erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_myth5.shtml

Most "common knowledge" regarding psychedelics, even by some who use psychedelics, is nonsense and/or myth with little basis in reality.

With datura and related plants and molecules there is less nonsense, these trpoane alkaloids are actually dangerous and have been used in terrible ways, it's more media bombast, embellishment, and exaggeration than it is out right nonsense.

Meclizine is an over the counter anticholinergic motion sickness medication, when I was younger I would hear reports of kids intentionally overdosing on this compound to achieve some type of hallucinatory effects. When I looked at the pharmacology regarding meclizine (dramamine) I found that it should be producing effects similar to datura poisoning. when I asked an individual who had experience with both meclizine and datura he confirmed that the experiences are very similar, and went on to say that there was actually very little difference in the generalized effects felt when comparing the two.

When I was younger, I had to experiment with every hallucinogenic plant which I had researched, which led to my experimentation with belladonna, datura, brugmansia and others, had it not been for this research the thought never would have crossed my mind. I do not regret it, I actually learned a good deal, but I would never suggest that another human ever consume these plants, and I personally would never consume one of these plants or compounds again.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale