Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineinfectedstyle
Stranger

What is meaning of life
    #24382952 - 06/06/17 04:25 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

This forum is busy. Posting here to get some of ur philoshopical heads' opinions as well

Say there are levels of aliveness. Lucidity. And states of mind that are more closer to death than any physical state. One's quality of experience is either blunted or it is rich in aliveness.

How does one start cultivating 'aliveness'. What does it mean? What are the essential prerequisites for alive. Experienced alivers? Anyone?

One could also ask what would blunt aliveness.

How does one know that one is alive?!

This is a practical question I have to know. I must be deader than some around me. I see that people aren't fully alive anyway. I do not think this is the way to experience life. How can I bring life to another person i.e. a wife. and to myself. I must know!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemrnintendowii
You

Re: What is meaning of life [Re: infectedstyle]
    #24382984 - 06/06/17 04:36 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

The following is my own opinion:

The word "meaning" is a human concept. Humans sure like to think the universe revolves solely around their species, but we don't. Meaning is something humans have created to answer questions.

When did we start asking questions? When we evolved to the point where they seemed relevant and consciousness began taking us by storm.

This "need" to understand life and find answers is all irrelevant. My ultimate philosophy is to let things flow. Never interrupt the flow. And by that i mean don't let fear govern your decisions. Be open minded, let the water flow through the river without blockage. Flow without direction just like the wind. And what do you need to ultimately be "happy" or content? Acceptance of that flow. Accept the flow, be an observer and let the chips fall where they may.

That isn't to say you should lose control or become apathetic, if you have goals in mind, materialize them. Make them true. And what stops us from reaching our goals? Ultimately, it is fear. And being fearful is not going with the flow, it is not accepting the flow. Be the river. That is all.

--------------------
Let go your earthly tether. Enter the void. Empty and become wind.

Edited by mrnintendowii (06/06/17 04:37 PM)

OfflineBuster_Brown
L'une
Male User Gallery

#24384434 - 06/07/17 06:08 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

How does one start cultivating 'aliveness'.

The essence of Life is easily perceived by the dead. Therefor 'Be Here Now' and distinguish the differences between the two states.

Offlineinfectedstyle
Stranger

Re: What is meaning of life [Re: mrnintendowii]
    #24384499 - 06/07/17 07:03 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Buster_Brown said:
Quote:

How does one start cultivating 'aliveness'.

The essence of Life is easily perceived by the dead. Therefor 'Be Here Now' and distinguish the differences between the two states.

Ambigiuous sentence. :smile:

Quote:

mrnintendowii said:
The following is my own opinion:

The word "meaning" is a human concept. Humans sure like to think the universe revolves solely around their species, but we don't. Meaning is something humans have created to answer questions.

When did we start asking questions? When we evolved to the point where they seemed relevant and consciousness began taking us by storm.

This "need" to understand life and find answers is all irrelevant. My ultimate philosophy is to let things flow. Never interrupt the flow. And by that i mean don't let fear govern your decisions. Be open minded, let the water flow through the river without blockage. Flow without direction just like the wind. And what do you need to ultimately be "happy" or content? Acceptance of that flow. Accept the flow, be an observer and let the chips fall where they may.

That isn't to say you should lose control or become apathetic, if you have goals in mind, materialize them. Make them true. And what stops us from reaching our goals? Ultimately, it is fear. And being fearful is not going with the flow, it is not accepting the flow. Be the river. That is all.

I like the let things flow. In the moment. You can not predict what's going to happen next you can not plan out. It flows forth from soul or something

But I like that you brought up long term goals. You say that as if goals are a given. And come with the package. You have goals. And fear stops you from achieving goals. But how do you know if ur goal is the right goal. And not just some selfish inachievable dud. Without first placing a value or a standard to live by. Otherwise we would all just be chasing short-term gratification goals.

Quote:

mrnintendowii said:"The word "meaning" is a human concept. Humans sure like to think the universe revolves solely around their species, but we don't. Meaning is something humans have created to answer questions. "

I'm not sure my question is as big as that. We dont have to analyze life itself unto the universal point. But we can and I think should analyze what life means to us as individuals and as a species.

Edited by infectedstyle (06/07/17 07:04 AM)

Offlinenothing exists
master of fire

Re: What is meaning of life [Re: infectedstyle] * 1
    #24384552 - 06/07/17 07:37 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

infectedstyle said:
we can and I think should analyze what life means to us as individuals and as a species.

first, a species cannot have understanding, it is a human mental construct

only individuals can have a meaningful life

the meaning of your life is the set of ideals that drives your daily action

a plants life meaning is gathering the sun

the meaning of most humans lives has been handed down through the generations, codified in stone, defended with murder

in the infinite universe, life can mean anything

--------------------
i like you...

Offlineczech
baked like a casserole
Male

Loc: pnw
Re: What is meaning of life [Re: nothing exists] * 1
    #24384560 - 06/07/17 07:44 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

We are born fumbling for meaning in a cold world of "it simply is"

Dont read too much into meaning because like any worthy adventure its about the journey not the destination.

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24384666 - 06/07/17 08:33 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

infectedstyle
you have 2 different concerns
meaning and aliveness
more aliveness will solve meaning
of course rock climbing for example will increase aliveness, but it's probably not practical
anything that uses the connected breath will do it
I know of 3 modalities that use it
1) Reichian therapy or it's off shoot bioenergetics
2) Holotropic breathwork
3) rebirthing
all of these may be unavailable where you are or expensive
but if you can find a yoga pranayama teacher or DVD or even you tube video,
then some of the pranayamas can be quite energizing.

I have done them all at one time or another
good stuff

Edited by laughingdog (06/07/17 08:33 AM)

Offlineinfectedstyle
Stranger

Re: What is meaning of life *DELETED* [Re: nothing exists]
    #24384692 - 06/07/17 08:50 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by infectedstyle

Reason for deletion: e

Offlineinfectedstyle
Stranger

#24384703 - 06/07/17 08:54 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I think meaning helps to maintain a motivation to live. You start eating more healthy, you do more of all those good things when you have a perfect reason to live.

Quote:

laughingdog said:
infectedstyle
you have 2 different concerns
meaning and aliveness
more aliveness will solve meaning
of course rock climbing for example will increase aliveness, but it's probably not practical
anything that uses the connected breath will do it
I know of 3 modalities that use it
1) Reichian therapy or it's off shoot bioenergetics
2) Holotropic breathwork
3) rebirthing
all of these may be unavailable where you are or expensive
but if you can find a yoga pranayama teacher or DVD or even you tube video,
then some of the pranayamas can be quite energizing.

I have done them all at one time or another
good stuff

:thumbup:

I've always had intrigue for holotropic breathwork. But I am a little deterred as to the setting. I like a more personal, self-reliant, calm space.

I would add to that list:

1.Kundalini yoga.
2.Tantra

Have not tried either of them but supposedly the two are very energizing.

I am scared to do them actually. I think feeling too alive will be too much to handle.

Quote:

czech said:
We are born fumbling for meaning in a cold world of "it simply is"

Dont read too much into meaning because like any worthy adventure its about the journey not the destination.

What is the meaning of the journey?

Quote:

nothing exists said:
Quote:

infectedstyle said:
we can and I think should analyze what life means to us as individuals and as a species.

first, a species cannot have understanding, it is a human mental construct

only individuals can have a meaningful life

the meaning of your life is the set of ideals that drives your daily action

a plants life meaning is gathering the sun

the meaning of most humans lives has been handed down through the generations, codified in stone, defended with murder

in the infinite universe, life can mean anything

Very good :cool:

Edited by infectedstyle (06/07/17 08:56 AM)

OfflineThanatos10
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #24384757 - 06/07/17 09:27 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

What I have been told is that life has no meaning, it exists without reason. Things happen and we try to assign reasons and meaning to such things in order to protect ourselves from the chaos of existence. An earthquake has no reason and neither does a meteor crashing into the planet. These things just happen, with no direction. We just like to hang onto meaning and purpose because it makes us feel safe. If there is a "path" or "truth" then we are in some level of control. Spirituality is an attempt at this.

Humans are terrified of chaos and like to pretend we have more control than we do.

--------------------
As lightless oblivion devours you, drown in the ever-blooming darkness.

Offlinenothing exists
master of fire

Re: What is meaning of life [Re: Thanatos10]
    #24384924 - 06/07/17 10:37 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Thanatos10 said:
What I have been told is that life has no meaning, it exists without reason.

hogwash, everything has meaning, inability to clearly interpret your environs appears as chaos

Quote:

Thanatos10 said:
Things happen and we try to assign reasons and meaning to such things in order to protect ourselves from the chaos of existence.

we are the chaos of existence, life is an ordering of chaos, either rightly or wrongly, to discover and make use of the single law that governs the universe

Quote:

Thanatos10 said:
An earthquake has no reason and neither does a meteor crashing into the planet.

earthquakes are caused by fluctuations in the electrical connection between earth and the sun, and we have an affinity with that energy

meteorites are new energy inputs to the earth system, immigrants, part of the growth cycle

Quote:

Thanatos10 said:
These things just happen, with no direction.

wrong, everything happens at the will of Charge and Nothing, these form the Law which to science is elctromagnetism

Quote:

Thanatos10 said:
We just like to hang onto meaning and purpose because it makes us feel safe.

expectations bring disappointment which leads to nihilism fatigue

Quote:

Thanatos10 said:
If there is a "path" or "truth" then we are in some level of control.

exactly, freedom is the ability to do the wrong thing, rightness is the natural order, it isnt up for debate or modification, learn to live with it

Quote:

Thanatos10 said:
Spirituality is an attempt at this.

religion is an attempt at this

Quote:

Thanatos10 said:
Humans are terrified of chaos and like to pretend we have more control than we do.

you can pretend or you can be a master, your choice

--------------------
i like you...

OfflineThanatos10
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What is meaning of life [Re: nothing exists]
    #24384939 - 06/07/17 10:44 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

It's funny how your post ends up proving my point exactly. You are still attached to a view that refuses to acknowledge the sea of chaos we are in. It's in the nature of humans to look for patterns and meaning where none exist. There is no "order", even though telling ourselves that makes us feel better. Things happen without rhyme or reason, that fact that you refuse to acknowledge that says more about you than it does about anything else.

We exist in chaos but need to feel like there is order to avoid feeling helpless. It helps us make sense of things. Of course all that goes away when a meteor hits the planet or the sun expands and consumes the earth.

Like I said, shit happens, but it's nice to think there is a reason for everything.

--------------------

Offlinenothing exists
master of fire

#24384955 - 06/07/17 10:53 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Thanatos10 said:
It's funny how your post ends up proving my point exactly. You are still attached to a view that refuses to acknowledge the sea of chaos we are in.

or am i?
Quote:

we are the chaos of existence, life is an ordering of chaos, either rightly or wrongly, to discover and make use of the single law that governs the universe

Quote:

Thanatos10 said:
It's in the nature of humans to look for patterns and meaning where none exist. There is no "order"

curious how you use words and can tell nourishment from poison(???)

Quote:

Thanatos10 said:
even though telling ourselves that makes us feel better. Things happen without rhyme or reason, that fact that you refuse to acknowledge that says more about you than it does about anything else.

the fact that you attack me with this reasoning says all there is to say about you, a lonely egotist trying to find company for his misery

Quote:

Thanatos10 said:
We exist in chaos but need to feel like there is order to avoid feeling helpless. It helps us make sense of things. Of course all that goes away when a meteor hits the planet or the sun expands and consumes the earth.

Like I said, shit happens, but it's nice to think there is a reason for everything.

safe travels

--------------------
i like you...

Offlinebeforethedawn
    #24385014 - 06/07/17 11:20 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Meaning is in the moment and perceived by moving to that frequency perceptually.

The world you see is a frequency.

--------------------
Hostile humankind
Can't you see you're fucking blind?

OfflineThanatos10
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24385023 - 06/07/17 11:25 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Not at all, I'm comfortable with the wheel of fortune we call life. Keeps me honest every time I get too self important.

Judging from your post history though, I don't consider what you say to be accurate. Especially your hostility to my view.

--------------------

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #24385449 - 06/07/17 02:22 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I just did read your post after I did make my statement in the forum.
How you can make people more alive ? Remember them they have a choice of course lol

InvisibleGreen7Alchemist
Draco
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mayami
Re: What is meaning of life [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #24385472 - 06/07/17 02:33 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

do what makes you happy and fills you with joy.

that may be doing nothing or trying everything.

--------------------
Trip 7
THUG - ISLAM - BIBLE
streets disciple
CHRIST IS KING.

Sunshine said: "Gangsters are super heroes"

OfflineThanatos10
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24385525 - 06/07/17 02:51 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

BlueCoyote said:
I just did read your post after I did make my statement in the forum.
How you can make people more alive ? Remember them they have a choice of course lol

There isn't such a thing as being more alive, also your belief supposes that free will exists. As long as we have a subconscious mind then we don't have free will.

--------------------

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #24385569 - 06/07/17 03:01 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

The subconscious reflects back to the consciousness. Then we can make the break to take another choice, or just entertain the game by just taking the opposite choice. This feeds the unconscious again, and so forth.
This just prolongs the break for that choice until one realizes it is you, who makes the choice, making those reconsiderations and impulses from the subconscious only a noise in the background (which needs consideration) :smile:

..and... of course it's predetermined...but...you really ... have the choice ... haha

Edited by BlueCoyote (06/07/17 03:13 PM)

OfflineThanatos10
Stranger
 User Gallery

#24385602 - 06/07/17 03:10 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

The short answer to that is: wrong.

That's not how conscious and unconscious work. The point of the unconscious is that we aren't aware of it and it makes decisions without us knowing it.

Free will is an illusion but a useful one

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order