Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

2nd Grow: LC PE > Agar > Rye Berries > CVG Monotub Grow
    #24381144 - 06/05/17 11:01 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Hi, all.

This is my 2nd grow - my first grow went well, B+ with a decent 1st flush in December but it was a "one flush and done" grow.

I learned a lot, mostly that I was way too worried about things that probably didn't matter and that I should isolate, isolate, isolate.

During that time, Pasty suggested I may love the cock. 
So, for my 2nd grow I decided to go for the prize and do up some PE.  Using a liquid culture PE, I did up some Pasty Plates and got to it.  Specifically, I used Munchauzen's recipe for agar - but I've found that using 2g of potato flakes works better for me.  When I reduced the flakes down a bit I noticed the growth sped up on the plates.  Or maybe I'm imagining things, but it's my go to now.  :shrug:

I spent 3'ish months just doing transfers until, it seemed, that I was good at picking out the stronger of the group.  Each time I did a set of plates, I kept one and didn't inoculate it as a "control", to this day I've got no visible growth on them and will likely end up using them.  So, I figured I had making plates/PC'ing down fairly well.

Things I've done differently/better this time around:
  • Pour my plates a hair thicker - maybe 1.5 tablespoons per round.  They come out nice and consistent every time.
  • Isolate.  Had more patience.  It was fun to see the transfers kick up and grow faster than their parent.
  • I documented my transfers lineage, trying to find ones that grew faster/healthier looking and making sure they were the ones that I used for the next set of transfers.  It seemed to make a difference.
  • Limited my inoculation points - the 1st set was hard to do because of the LC, but the subsequent transfers were easy to control.  Helped to pick out the healthiest part for the transfer.
  • Even out the plates for the PC - for my first grow my plates were all fuckered up, there was a shallow end and a deep end.  I've gotten better at wrapping them for the PC so I can now stack 2-3 deep and most of my plates are dead flat.
  • This is anecdotal, but I tried holes on the sides of the rounds, using extra paper towels on top then wrapping them in foil, double wrapping in foil, no paper towels + single wrap of foil.  All the plates came out the same in regards to condensation - but condensation hasn't seemed to cause an issue.  So, I now just use one folded up paper towel on the top of the round and a single wrap in foil before putting into the PC.

Out of all those plates, I had four that did odd things - two of which looked potentially like they were knotting up but the knots had a bluish/green color, so I didn't want to fuck with it.  One of those ended up fruiting in the round and I had a nice single fruit when I came home one day.

On 05-17, I took 9 jars of rye berries done up Spitballjedi style and did a Tiger Drop 2.0 on them with my plates.

About a week later they were at ~50% percent colonized so I did a shake and on 06-03 they looked like:

I prepped my substrate using SpitballJedi's CVG recipe.

Cleaned out my tub, made a liner and cracked open the jars.  Perfect mushroom smell.. except for one.  It looked like the other jars, didn't smell bad, not sweet or off, but there wasn't a strong mushroom smell either - in fact, smelled suspiciously close to nothing.  I didn't want to chance it, so, I didn't use that one. 

I may have gone a little overkill in my ratio, using 8 jars to my 5'ish jars of substrate.

Mixed it all up good, made the surface even and ended up with:

I stuffed the holes with medium fill poly, no taping, and have a 6500k setup on it for 12/12.

I've already got a sea of white forming on the top on the 2nd day, so that's promising.

I know PE is generally cased, and I'm still going back and forth on if I will - but if I do, it'll only be verm as where I'm at, materials are very difficult to come by.  I could mix some coir in with the verm, but, I'm leaning more towards not casing or just using verm.  Any pro input here, would be nice.

I'll need to mist the tub every now and then but right now it seems to be doing all right.  Once the tub develops a little more, I'll snap pictures and get them on here.  Right now, it's just not very interesting.  I am however, impressed with how fast it's starting to come up on the substrate already.

I'm prepping a 2nd tub with some B+ that I was isolating during the same time, should have all that together this weekend if all goes well.

That's all - updates to come.

Edited by OldNuts (06/19/17 07:52 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Loc: Drinking on the roof Flag
Re: 2nd Grow: LC PE > Rye Berries > CVG Monotub Grow [Re: OldNuts]
    #24381446 - 06/06/17 04:00 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

:takingnotes:

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

Offlinedhype773
Enter the Void
Male User Gallery

Loc: Valhalla
Re: 2nd Grow: LC PE > Rye Berries > CVG Monotub Grow [Re: LemurLemur]
    #24381450 - 06/06/17 04:13 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Nice write up man, I'll be :takingnotes: hopefully you end up doing so well that I save this to copy when I try my hand at some PE EM666 in the future!

--------------------

OfflineKingdeviluke
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: 2nd Grow: LC PE > Rye Berries > CVG Monotub Grow [Re: dhype773]
    #24381463 - 06/06/17 04:32 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Very nice . can't wait for results

Invisiblemynakedrat
The phantom hourglass
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Inner Astral levels Flag
Re: 2nd Grow: LC PE > Rye Berries > CVG Monotub Grow [Re: Kingdeviluke]
    #24381679 - 06/06/17 08:05 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Where is this sea of white?

Have you tried unmodified tubs?
No Messing with holes And stuffing.
Leave the stuffing for the turkey bro.

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

Re: 2nd Grow: LC PE > Rye Berries > CVG Monotub Grow [Re: mynakedrat]
    #24383752 - 06/06/17 09:33 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mynakedrat said:
Where is this sea of white?

Like I said, tub wasn't very interesting - would snap pictures later.  Pain in the ass to get details to show up in pics sometimes.

Quote:

Have you tried unmodified tubs?
No Messing with holes And stuffing.
Leave the stuffing for the turkey bro.

2nd grow (link to my 1st is in the OP), using the same tub.  I've read Bod's unmodified tub procedure and was/am considering it for my B+ grow.  Unfortunately, materials are hard to get where I am and I'm out of gypsum, it may need to wait for a few weeks.

With that said, according to my wife; stuffing is good every day.  :ass2mouth:

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24383753 - 06/06/17 09:35 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Just a quick and dirty pic through the side of the tub.  Moisture on the walls of the tub isn't super thick, but I want to give it time to colonize before I crack the lid and start misting.

This is day 3 after spawning.

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24395229 - 06/10/17 10:30 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Gave it a misting and snapped a pic, it's now day 7.  Don't worry, yellow is from sunlight.

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24406604 - 06/14/17 10:26 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Day 11

Possible some knotting starting to form up?
Have coir and verm I could use to case - any input? Thanks.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shakedown St.
Trusted Cultivator
    #24407531 - 06/15/17 11:00 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Nice write up and work, bro.

:2cents:

Consolidation is very important for reducing PE blobs.
How long was it between your jars hitting 100% and spawning? Was it right away?
As far as casing, I've noticed that casing results in smaller but more fruits whereas not casing tends to result in fewer but larger fruits.
I would recommend casing with whatever you have available to slow down fruiting and let the sub consolidate longer.
PE does not like to be rushed. That's when you get a blobset instead of a pinset.

--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:
:dancingbear: :dancingbear:

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

Re: 2nd Grow: LC PE > Rye Berries > CVG Monotub Grow [Re: LotKid]
    #24409136 - 06/15/17 10:40 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LotKid said:
Nice write up and work, bro.

:2cents:

Consolidation is very important for reducing PE blobs.
How long was it between your jars hitting 100% and spawning? Was it right away?
As far as casing, I've noticed that casing results in smaller but more fruits whereas not casing tends to result in fewer but larger fruits.
I would recommend casing with whatever you have available to slow down fruiting and let the sub consolidate longer.
PE does not like to be rushed. That's when you get a blobset instead of a pinset.

I have no problem with patience.  But, even after research I didn't consider the slower pace it goes at.
I'll probably case it tomorrow.

Jars went two weeks from dropping agar in the grain to spawning to the tub.
I'm expecting blobs no matter what as it seems to be what a lot of people end up with.

I'm throwing together a couple tubs this weekend, so, plenty to do to keep me occupied.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24410310 - 06/16/17 01:15 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

If you consolidate your spawn, case at 100% then wait for the casing to partially colonize you can get first flushes that look like this:

People only end up with blobs when they let their patience get the better of them.

--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24416057 - 06/18/17 07:52 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

15 days in...

Spied this little dude, only one in the tub, maybe the size of a pea - should I leave it be or pick it?  Not sure if it'll cause problems.

And in other news, spawned another B+ tub and will be doing two trays of PE tonight or tomorrow.

OfflineBodhiBoy
Wizard
 User Gallery

#24416142 - 06/18/17 08:30 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Nice work bro. Keep the pics coming. I'm just behind you trying to get some clean plates I'm confident in.

--------------------

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

Re: 2nd Grow: LC PE > Rye Berries > CVG Monotub Grow [Re: BodhiBoy]
    #24417032 - 06/19/17 07:27 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Woke up this morning and there's about a dozen of those tiny fruits (picture in my last post) in the PE tub.  Hopefully they get bigger and aren't just mutants.  :confused:

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

Re: 2nd Grow: LC PE > Rye Berries > CVG Monotub Grow [Re: BodhiBoy]
    #24417037 - 06/19/17 07:29 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks Bodhi. 

Had to throw out two jars of B+ yesterday, didn't smell right.  One was almost yeasty the other was slightly sweet and neither had the strong, succulent mushroom smell I'd expect.

Otherwise, I seem to have good luck overall so far.  Fingers crossed it continues.

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24417065 - 06/19/17 07:51 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quick shot of the miniature fruits that popped up this morn:

So, do I just ride it out? I was going to case this morning, but now I'm wondering if I should just leave it be.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24418382 - 06/19/17 05:14 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Leave it be. Those look good.

--------------------

Invisiblemynakedrat
The phantom hourglass

#24418870 - 06/19/17 07:53 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Those look good! Make sure they stay moist, and give plenty of fae! They looove air.

Offlinespore-ty
Male

Loc: In the bush
    #24418888 - 06/19/17 08:02 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Looks dry but good job all I'm getting is wierd ass blobs with my pe cultures

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

Re: 2nd Grow: LC PE > Rye Berries > CVG Monotub Grow [Re: spore-ty]
    #24418993 - 06/19/17 08:59 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks for the feedback, all.

I've upped my misting to twice a day, may do three times as time goes on.  There's water under the lining though which I imagine would help during the day when the lid is on?  Was curious if that was ok or not.

That said, this evening when I looked, have maybe two dozen of those little guys now poking out, most much healthier and shooting straight up versus curved.

I've been cracking the lid last night and tonight after reading up some of the other threads.  Have my 'bodhified' tub with the B+ that I'll do the same with once it reached 70-100%.

Have two trays also done up with B+ too.  Hopefully something will come out :wink:

Have 12 plates of PE and 12 plates of B+ about ready to throw into grain and 8 more jars of PE going that should be ready in a week and a half, with three more tubs ready to be filled once the grains are.

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24419013 - 06/19/17 09:07 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mynakedrat said:
Those look good! Make sure they stay moist, and give plenty of fae! They looove air.

Thanks.  Read up on your unmodified/bodhified grow.  Good read.  I'm hoping for positive results as well.

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24420023 - 06/20/17 09:38 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Update, 17 days after spawning to the tub:

I wonder if I didn't make my substrate wet enough initially.

The last 1.5 days'ish I upped to three heavy mistings a day.  Tub sucked up all that water but I may have over misted this morning, had to dab up some pools of water with a paper towel.  You can see the leftover water in the pics below.

I've got the lid upside down to help increase FAE (this tub is a modified tub and has loose poly in the holes too, unlike my B+ which is "bodhified"). 

Tonight, I'll see where it's at but I may have saturated the substrate to the point where I'll skip this afternoon/evenings mistings or maybe just do a light one tonight before I turn in.

The little dudes are maybe a hair bigger than they were yesterday.  I don't want to over tweak shit and hinder progress, now that I'm fairly certain the substrate is hydrated sufficiently I kind of want to leave it alone and see how it does.

Any feedback from cultivators more experienced than I on how it looks, would be great.  Thanks all.

OfflineExplicitdetail
Rickshaw Bandit
Male User Gallery

Loc: North of the Equator
    #24420229 - 06/20/17 11:18 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I've always waited to increase FAE until the full pin set is in but that's just me. Also that first pic looks like it's drying out due to the slight yellow coloring.

--------------------
"Problems that remain persistently insoluble should always be suspected as questions asked in the wrong way."

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

Re: 2nd Grow: LC PE > Rye Berries > CVG Monotub Grow [Re: Explicitdetail]
    #24423136 - 06/21/17 07:55 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Update, day 18.

I think my moisture is better now.  The tub seems to be absorbing pretty much everything I give it.  I seriously think my substrate was made too dry - so, I learned.  That said, after inspecting yesterday afternoon/evening, I heavily misted both times and it seems to be taking it well and absorbing with no problems. 
Woke up this morning and had some small beadlets on the surface, first time in a few days.

That said, a couple questions:

Discoloration looks very much like bruising to me, possibly from dabbing a little too rough when I was getting rid of the excess moisture the other day.  Areas are the same that had pools, would like opinions on that.

The fruits - are there two different types growing?  There's one or two that look very different from PE.  I wouldn't put it past making a mistake and mixing up a B+ plate into the mix along the way, but, I was pretty damn careful in my labeling.  But also, shit happens.

I can always start a new set of plates from the original source but I have a lot of plates and jars getting ready for their next steps already. 

Thanks, all!

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24423570 - 06/21/17 11:16 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

You can get "normal" looking fruits from PE especially when not working with a clone or isolate.
As it gets bigger you can usually notice some of the tell tale "bumpiness" on the stipe below the cap.

--------------------

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24424001 - 06/21/17 02:23 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LotKid said:
You can get "normal" looking fruits from PE especially when not working with a clone or isolate.
As it gets bigger you can usually notice some of the tell tale "bumpiness" on the stipe below the cap.

Didn't know that - thanks.  It'll be interesting to see what happens.

The sizes in general made me nervous as the last grow, B+, the knots/initial fruits were larger in stature right from the beginning.  However, even the little one in this tub that started out is getting fatter/taller.  Everyone says PE is different and takes more patience, it's no joke.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24424025 - 06/21/17 02:34 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

They're worth the wait. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24426799 - 06/22/17 02:42 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Day 19

All seems good sub-wise.  It's sucking up a lot of water even at three heavy mistings a day, these shots were just after a misting.

Have a handful of new fruits coming up, some are clustered most are solo.  Tub smells good, which is reassuring.

In other news, my B+ "unbodified" tub is coming along.  Within the next week I should be able to spawn another PE tub (and maybe another B+), which I'll also go unbodified with and allow for a longer time of consolidation versus this one which was setup for fruiting pretty much immediately.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24426814 - 06/22/17 02:49 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

OldNuts said:

I've gotten little ones like that. They don't get very big. Micro cube. Your other pins look good.

Quote:

OldNuts said:

All seems good sub-wise.  It's sucking up a lot of water even at three heavy mistings a day, these shots were just after a misting.

I've noticed PE to be pretty thirsty.

--------------------

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24427623 - 06/22/17 08:14 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LotKid said:
Quote:

OldNuts said:

I've gotten little ones like that. They don't get very big. Micro cube. Your other pins look good.

Quote:

OldNuts said:

I've noticed PE to be pretty thirsty.

Appreciate the input.

Everything I've read says PE wants more water than most + more FAE.
My next PE tub I'll let consolidate a lot more before I get it into fruiting.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24427631 - 06/22/17 08:17 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Let your spawn consolidate too. I let my jars sit around for like a week or more after 100%.

--------------------

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24428713 - 06/23/17 09:36 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Day 20

Woke up to some pooled water on the substrate - got oddly warm here during the night and the temp in the house went up higher than usual, maybe had something to do with it.

Dabbed up the pooled water, misted the areas that seemed dry.  I clearly need to learn how to level out my sub better.

Some new small fruits here and there.  The older ones are getting taller, some fatter but for the most part still are fairly small or thin.

In other news, my newest PE agar transfer has grown very differently than the previous ones.

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24428721 - 06/23/17 09:39 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LotKid said:
Let your spawn consolidate too. I let my jars sit around for like a week or more after 100%.

Did this with the PE trays I made last weekend and admittedly, my B+ jars that are now in the unbodified tub did the same just do to lack of time/materials.

Both are doing excellent, I may be wrong, but appears I've got some small pinning starting to form in the B+ tub, but going to let it go as long as I can before I fruit it.

Is it good form to consolidate multiple grows and their updates to one thread, or, should a separate one be made for the B+ tub and PE trays?

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24428853 - 06/23/17 10:36 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I'd split the two grows into two threads. That's just me.
I wouldn't worry so much about consolidating the B+.
PE just seems to like it in order to cut down on blobs.

If your B+ is starting to pin then it's already fruiting. Once they get a little bigger up the FAE.

--------------------

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24429405 - 06/23/17 02:28 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LotKid said:
I'd split the two grows into two threads. That's just me.
I wouldn't worry so much about consolidating the B+.
PE just seems to like it in order to cut down on blobs.

If your B+ is starting to pin then it's already fruiting. Once they get a little bigger up the FAE.

Copy, that.

I'll wait for them to get bigger.

I played around with the two trays of PE - I cased one right from the get go, the other wasn't cased.  I don't want to crack the lid much on them right now, but in a couple days I'll snap some pictures.  The cased one has much denser consolidation so far, at least the little I can see through the casing.  The uncased is doing fine, just a bit behind.

Again, appreciate the input.  PE is a new world.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24429723 - 06/23/17 04:53 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

No worries. I like to help people avoid blobs if I can.
The pins you now though look like you're off to a good start. I think you'll be pleased with what you get.

--------------------

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24438799 - 06/27/17 09:34 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Day 24

Lot of activity since yesterday and there's a nice thick one coming up out of the center.
There's dozens of heads poking out of the sub now.

Invisiblemynakedrat
The phantom hourglass

#24438802 - 06/27/17 09:35 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Woot

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24439643 - 06/27/17 03:12 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Should be good.

--------------------

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24444006 - 06/29/17 07:50 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Day 26

Got some nice sized ones coming up - and more of those odd looking fruits.  The odd ones, their caps are starting to flip up, gills exposed - just leave em be?  I don't want spores all over.

I estimate some of the larger ones have doubled in size in the last two days... The tub is just sucking up any and all water I give it.

Invisiblejkz
Padawan

Loc: Coruscant
    #24444050 - 06/29/17 08:31 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

That's either a weird mutant, or something else is growing in there haha they look way different.

Looks good tho, idk what I'd do about those random ass shrooms tbh.

--------------------
TEKs I like
Trade list (inc)

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 2nd Grow: LC PE > Rye Berries > CVG Monotub Grow [Re: jkz]
    #24444501 - 06/29/17 12:37 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I've gotten a couple of those micros before but nothing like that.
When their tiny caps are full open, I'd pick 'em. Don't think you need to worry about spores but they're gonna die and probably start to rot.

--------------------

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24444800 - 06/29/17 02:40 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LotKid said:
I've gotten a couple of those micros before but nothing like that.
When their tiny caps are full open, I'd pick 'em. Don't think you need to worry about spores but they're gonna die and probably start to rot.

I think they'll be coming out tonight and I'll just throw them in the dehydrator and save for later.  They're starting to look like they're all the way open and possibly softening up.

On the other hand, PE eruptions are doing quite nice.

OfflineStormstrike
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24446096 - 06/30/17 12:02 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Hi I've cased some 1 quart jars 3 weeks ago.  I've noticed everyone is going the bulk substrate route.  I was just wondering what you think about just casing the spawn in the jar in regards to pe.  The jars are covered with ziplock bags and I've been spraying every other day.  I will probably make a post soon with pics.

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

Re: 2nd Grow: LC PE > Rye Berries > CVG Monotub Grow [Re: Stormstrike]
    #24446486 - 06/30/17 07:36 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not a TC or even a very experienced cultivator.. but, I'm assuming it's the normal wide-mouth 1 quart canning jars you're talking about?

If so, the lack of surface area would be my concern + spawning to a bulk substrate gives additional moisture and nutrients.  At minimum I would spawn to a shoebox with coir and case it when it's close to 100%..  My cased tray of PE is consolidating at double the speed my uncased tray is.

But yes, I'd make a thread, post pictures and ask the question so the experts can chime in.  This is my first PE grow and while it would seem I'm having some success, I will do some things differently next time.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 2nd Grow: LC PE > Rye Berries > CVG Monotub Grow [Re: Stormstrike]
    #24446932 - 06/30/17 12:18 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Stormstrike said:
Hi I've cased some 1 quart jars 3 weeks ago.  I've noticed everyone is going the bulk substrate route.  I was just wondering what you think about just casing the spawn in the jar in regards to pe.  The jars are covered with ziplock bags and I've been spraying every other day.  I will probably make a post soon with pics.

Never seen anyone do a bottle tek with PE before. I prefer to spawn it to bulk but curious to see how your project turns out. You should make your own thread for it with pics.

--------------------

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24447301 - 06/30/17 02:41 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Day 27

Getting bigger. 

What's the general thought on when to harvest PE?

I ask as the biggest one has separated the cap from the stem now.  My first time with PE and obviously not familiar with it.  Obviously hoping for continued growth of the fruits, just want to be prepared.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24447348 - 06/30/17 03:04 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Pay no attention to the veil. They will get much bigger. When the cap opens up and the stipe below the cap gets all kinds of bumpy looking is a good indicator.

For example:

Edit: Mine usually take about a week (give or take) from pin to harvest.

--------------------

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24449261 - 07/01/17 09:51 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LotKid said:
Pay no attention to the veil. They will get much bigger. When the cap opens up and the stipe below the cap gets all kinds of bumpy looking is a good indicator.

Edit: Mine usually take about a week (give or take) from pin to harvest.

Those odd looking ones, I pulled and dehydrated and they look like tiny B+.  But, I'm hoping to take a sample from one of the better PE fruits in this tub and clone it, so in the future it shouldn't pop up again.

Thanks for the info.  I did a few searches on the forums and it was a mixed bag of answers, but, I did see a few people mention the bumps a couple of times.

So far, I think this has been about 10-days since initial pin of the actual PE monsters.  I also think I should have made the sub wetter to begin with and consolidated it more before fruiting.  My cased PE tray is dense now, I'll probably fruit that in another week and see how it does.
My un-cased PE tray is coming along but probably half the speed of the cased one.  (Both came from the same generation of agar isolates and spawned at the same time with the same sub recipe)

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24453919 - 07/03/17 08:01 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Day 30

Girthy.

Still pruning those mutant fruits out - they pop up and mature very quickly now.  I've collected about 6g dry of them, so took them for a spin a couple days ago, was good.

Invisiblejkz
Padawan

#24453946 - 07/03/17 08:25 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

They are faaaatttt! That's awesome. Gonna clone one of those fat asses?

--------------------
TEKs I like
Trade list (inc)

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24454032 - 07/03/17 09:24 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

jkz said:
They are faaaatttt! That's awesome. Gonna clone one of those fat asses?

Thanks! I'm getting pretty happy about the turnout. :hahyeahwoo:

I've seen lots of pictures of PE - first time with them myself.  Still amazed on how thick they are (and how much thicker they're getting).

That's the plan, get the king of them and clone him for the next generation.  There's a few clusters growing, if they come out a good size I'll take a sample from one of them too and try it out.  I've got plates ready to go, just waiting for these to fully mature.

Invisiblejkz
Padawan

#24454037 - 07/03/17 09:28 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

:rockon:
That's awesome man!
Looking forward to seeing the clone grows.

--------------------
TEKs I like
Trade list (inc)

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #24454087 - 07/03/17 09:57 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Looking good oldnut! :thumbup:

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 2nd Grow: LC PE > Rye Berries > CVG Monotub Grow [Re: eatyualive]
    #24454148 - 07/03/17 10:20 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Looking good so far. Remember to keep them hydrated. PE likes more water than other cubes IME.
It's looking a little on the dry side, if they were mine.

--------------------

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24456508 - 07/04/17 10:30 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

eatyualive said:
Looking good oldnut! :thumbup:

Thanks, man.  This is quite satisfying.  While there may be more difficult grows, to not get blobs my first time with PE is a fantastic feeling.

Quote:

LotKid said:
Looking good so far. Remember to keep them hydrated. PE likes more water than other cubes IME.
It's looking a little on the dry side, if they were mine.

Thanks, LK.  I agree about the dryness - I just can't get the damn thing hydrated.  Frequent misting (4-5 times a day) and some bottom watering just isn't cutting it.  I fudged the substrate prep and should have used another quart of water - felt my first substrate was a hair wet, now, I realize it wasn't.  My new B+ tub and trays used enough water to come out like my 1st grows substrate did, damn things are ready to fruit after 6 days.

Now, for the update.. Day 31:

Yesterday I really stayed on top of watering and shit blew up.  Pictures below.  It looks fantastic and I'm wondering how the hell these are going to fit in the dehydrator...

Now, I have a concern.  There's a reddish tinge to an area near the middle of the tub (you can see it in the pictures).  And the smell is different - not necessarily bad, maybe a hair sweet, not the same as it was a few days ago.  I'm worried something went south. 

I'm likely going to harvest at least the one with the split cap - I would think it wouldn't last too long being broken like that (it's buddy coming up under it cracked it).  And then there's the ones with the upturned caps against the wall.. Though, I'm less concerned with them as long as they don't get soft.  Any thoughts?

Thanks again, all.

Edited by OldNuts (07/04/17 11:13 AM)

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24456858 - 07/04/17 01:04 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I don't see the red spot you're talking about. Interesting fruits you got there. Looks like they're throwing spores too.

--------------------

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24456871 - 07/04/17 01:09 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LotKid said:
I don't see the red spot you're talking about. Interesting fruits you got there. Looks like they're throwing spores too.

Interesting as in, not normal PE looks?

Red tint to the mycelium, 2nd picture.  Maybe it's more brown - but if you're saying they're throwing spores, that may be what it is.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24456916 - 07/04/17 01:23 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Define normal PE looks. :lol:
PE still throws out a ton of variety. Look through peoples PE pics. Some looks similar and some look very different.
I don't know if it's the light but it kinda looks like some spores were dropped. Like on the tops of some smaller fruits and at the top of the stipes of larger fruits. Could just be the picture.

--------------------

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24457171 - 07/04/17 03:22 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LotKid said:
Define normal PE looks. :lol:
PE still throws out a ton of variety. Look through peoples PE pics. Some looks similar and some look very different.
I don't know if it's the light but it kinda looks like some spores were dropped. Like on the tops of some smaller fruits and at the top of the stipes of larger fruits. Could just be the picture.

Good point.  It was a spore syringe (trusted vendor), but since I'm still new to the game.. Hell if I know.  Yeah, looked at a lot of shots of PE before this and just now, I see what you mean.

And yes, you're also right - it's spores.  They're EVERYWHERE now.  Any estimate if this will have an impact on future potential flushes?

Going to get ready to harvest, will post update on the yield.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24457205 - 07/04/17 03:34 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Spores won't hurt future flushes.
Never seen PE throw spores before tho.

--------------------

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24457892 - 07/04/17 07:59 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I didn't think they'd throw spores either.. maybe odd mutant version of PE.

Didn't do too bad! 1954g, overloaded my dehydrator.  Biggest fruit was at 73g.

There's spores, EVERYWHERE.  It's like printer toner.  The sub looks purple now. 

Harvesting was good, found some of those tiny mutants that had sprung up and died and kind of turned into mush, cleaned it up best I could.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24457897 - 07/04/17 08:01 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I gotta be honest, I've never seen PE look like that before.

--------------------

OfflineStormstrike
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24457925 - 07/04/17 08:25 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I think you guys had different vendors cause yours had the bumpy stems under the caps

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24458669 - 07/05/17 08:23 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LotKid said:
I gotta be honest, I've never seen PE look like that before.

I'm with you.. I think the vendor goofed.
I'm guessing here: Not sure on the exact variety, but, it looks similar to a Thai (generic Thai cube or Ban Hua) or Fiji cube.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24459269 - 07/05/17 01:39 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Hard to say. But I don't think those are PE genes.

--------------------

InvisibleLemurLemur
Pray for Boog
 User Gallery

Loc: Drinking on the roof Flag
    #24460592 - 07/05/17 10:47 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

You need to send the vendor a picture an be like this is not pe! I demand compensation!
Hahaha lmao:hehehe:

--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

Re: 2nd Grow: LC PE > Rye Berries > CVG Monotub Grow [Re: LemurLemur]
    #24461268 - 07/06/17 07:22 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

That's what the wife said :wink: Had to have a conversation about the particulars of doing something like that.

Ended up with 212g dry with another couple racks filled in the dehydrator last night.  Did a sample of 4g and while it may not be PE, I'm quite happy with the potency - no real complaints other than I wanted my PE grow.  So, I'll have to try again.

My B+ tub is ready to harvest, short fruits, thick canopy, but a few already dumped spores.  Been a busy couple of days.

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #24461504 - 07/06/17 09:27 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I think you'll be fine talking to the vendor.

--------------------

OfflineOldNuts
Old Nuts In The North
Male

#24495151 - 07/19/17 09:56 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Vendor is taking care of me.

364g dry so far and the tub keeps producing.  The fruits get massive, they drop spores very quickly and are nicely potent.  I'd be worried except I test drove when I was under the impressions this was PE.  In retrospect, I'm an old fool.. but, it worked out this time.

Spores are a bitch, but, my dehydrator has pretty much been running constantly for a week now, fully loaded.  Can't complain too much.

Offlinejohney89
Duck
 User Gallery

#24495322 - 07/19/17 11:52 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

:takingnotes:

InvisibleLotKid
Never.Trust.A.Prankster
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 2nd Grow: LC PE > Rye Berries > CVG Monotub Grow [Re: johney89]
    #24496144 - 07/20/17 11:27 AM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds like it could be worse.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck