Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: john kerry is a twit..so why should i vote for him?? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2436016 - 03/15/04 05:37 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Here's a fun one for you all. Churches, temples, and mosques are exempt from property taxes. What the fuck is that. Since their basic excuse for existing is as modern shamans, and psychologists, psychotherapists and their ilk pay property tax on their offices, how is that NOT a state sponsored endorsement of religion. What free services do Atheists get (I will cop to Atheism being a religion for legal purposes)

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: john kerry is a twit..so why should i vote for him?? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #2436039 - 03/15/04 05:44 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

yeah. churches shouldn't get any special treatment.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: john kerry is a twit..so why should i vote for him?? [Re: ]
    #2436082 - 03/15/04 05:58 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Amen to that brother!

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: john kerry is a twit..so why should i vote for him?? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2436586 - 03/15/04 07:51 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Education should not be free. The government has no business paying for it. At least not the feds.

They have no business charging for it if someone does it themselves without the aid of an institution. They have a responsability to accredit someone for the knowledge that they have no matter by what means it was achieved.

Requiring someone to take a class before they are allowed to recieve credit for knowledge they already have makes the higher education system a monopoly.

The way it is set up now, you must take a $400 - $800 class to recieve credit for the class. You don't have the option to just buy the book and teach yourself for $50.

There are a very few exceptions. (CLEP)

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: john kerry is a twit..so why should i vote for him?? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2436622 - 03/15/04 07:58 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Let the states do it. It is not something the feds should be involved in.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2436663 - 03/15/04 08:08 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

I'd be alright with that.

Education is an investment that pays off. If your citizens are better educated, they're going to bring in more money to the state, and attract more businesses.

I don't think any taxes should be paid to the federal government. All taxes should be paid to the State, and the federal government would have to collect taxes from the state governments.

Or something like that. :yesnod:

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2436688 - 03/15/04 08:12 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

I'd be alright with that.

Good.

Quote:

Education is an investment that pays off. If your citizens are better educated, they're going to bring in more money to the state, and attract more businesses.

I agree.

Quote:

I don't think any taxes should be paid to the federal government. All taxes should be paid to the State, and the federal government would have to collect taxes from the state governments.

That doesn't sound any better to me.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2436703 - 03/15/04 08:15 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

STFU! U R A NEOCON!

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2436715 - 03/15/04 08:17 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
STFU! U R A NEOCON!

:shocked:

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2436735 - 03/15/04 08:21 PM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

That doesn't sound any better to me.

States shouldn't be recieving any funding from the feds. That way there's nothing to withold from them if they don't make laws that make the feds happy.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2438015 - 03/16/04 03:10 AM (20 years, 17 days ago)

I still agree, but why should money flow from either to the other? There are more costs involved that way.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2438021 - 03/16/04 03:13 AM (20 years, 17 days ago)

It may be another one of those ideas that look good on roling paper, but in reality don't smoke very good.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2438023 - 03/16/04 03:15 AM (20 years, 17 days ago)

It may be.

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #2438075 - 03/16/04 04:08 AM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

Yes, I would think that the phrase "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..." would make that clear

Think again.

I have, believe me. :frown:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: john kerry is a twit..so why should i vote for him?? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #2438082 - 03/16/04 04:14 AM (20 years, 17 days ago)

Well, keep trying. There's always hope.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order