Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBodhiBoy
Wizard
 User Gallery

All aborts in unmod mono...any ideas to cause?
    #24369170 - 06/01/17 09:05 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Seems this tub of malabars all stopped short on me. The tub developed just fine but seemed alittle delayed on pinning. It also appears it may be knotting again for a second flush I'd like to push up. Environment conditions have been consistent and my other tubs did fairly well besides 1 or 2. I did try a late case which itself fully colonized which appeared to make a tight mat-like structure over the original fruiting surface. I thought maybe this choked them out. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Here is another tub of orissa which i believe is covered in cobweb but still sent up a few fat pins. Can anyone confirm this for me and is it toast? I just misted it so it looks alittle wet. Moisture never beads on the gray areas which makes me think its cobweb. You guys are great!!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineYaMoonSun
The Double Standard

Loc: NY
Re: All aborts in unmod mono...any ideas to cause? [Re: BodhiBoy]
    #24369304 - 06/01/17 09:54 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Might just be a choad phenotype :shrug:

InvisiblefahtsterM
Now With 33%More Faht
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: All aborts in unmod mono...any ideas to cause? [Re: YaMoonSun] * 1
    #24369403 - 06/01/17 10:26 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Looks like a genetic issue to me.

Faht

OfflineBodhiBoy
Wizard
 User Gallery

Re: All aborts in unmod mono...any ideas to cause? [Re: fahtster]
    #24370391 - 06/02/17 10:04 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fahtster said:
Looks like a genetic issue to me.

Faht

Thanks fellas:mad2:

--------------------

InvisiblefahtsterM
Now With 33%More Faht
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: All aborts in unmod mono...any ideas to cause? [Re: BodhiBoy] * 1
    #24370598 - 06/02/17 11:03 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

It's hard to say what it could be, really.. could be one thing or a combination of a few things..l not to state the obvious or anything.. have you grown them out before and did they do better the first time?  I'm not seeing cobweb on that second tub..

Faht

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #24370601 - 06/02/17 11:05 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

sure those orissas arnt ksss? they sure look like it.

OfflineBodhiBoy
Wizard
 User Gallery

#24371855 - 06/02/17 06:05 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fahtster said:
It's hard to say what it could be, really.. could be one thing or a combination of a few things..l not to state the obvious or anything.. have you grown them out before and did they do better the first time?  I'm not seeing cobweb on that second tub..

Faht

I havent honestly and now that i recall my orissa from years ago they do look different. Orissa is what I ordered and what it said on the syringe but who the F knows I suppose

--------------------

OfflineBodhiBoy
Wizard
 User Gallery

Re: All aborts in unmod mono...any ideas to cause? [Re: mushboy]
    #24371858 - 06/02/17 06:05 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mushboy said:
sure those orissas arnt ksss? they sure look like it.

Honestly im not sure but its what i ordered lol

--------------------

InvisibleMoabfighter
Tam Fighter
 User Gallery

#24371933 - 06/02/17 06:32 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Those are KSSS pins.

The weird kind.

One million percent. Slow to grow but fun.

--------------------
KSSS And PE WBS.

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: All aborts in unmod mono...any ideas to cause? [Re: Moabfighter] * 1
    #24371985 - 06/02/17 06:49 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

is this happening in a high percentage of your tub grows? comparatively, 1 out of 10 tubs, 2 out of 10 tubs?

if its a higher fail rate than a success rate then id say its the setup. if its just a bad culture, then its a bad culture.
but it appears you have two different cultures having issues. is it happening to others as well?

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

OfflineBodhiBoy
Wizard
 User Gallery

Re: All aborts in unmod mono...any ideas to cause? [Re: eatyualive]
    #24372103 - 06/02/17 07:36 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eatyualive said:
is this happening in a high percentage of your tub grows? comparatively, 1 out of 10 tubs, 2 out of 10 tubs?

if its a higher fail rate than a success rate then id say its the setup. if its just a bad culture, then its a bad culture.
but it appears you have two different cultures having issues. is it happening to others as well?

Well early on i think i dried them out alittle cracking the lid for too long. The overmisted and tried to balance it out. In the end i decided to late case the tubs and the myc took off again ans colonized the jiffy mix more than i expected. I really need to be around more to do the unbodified tubs so i will try the micro pore or poly next time. It appears the pins have generated from the orignal layer of drier my on the sub ans broke through the colonized casing layer. Almost seems the casing layer is choking them out a bit. I had a dozena good grows ten years ago but these 2 out of 5 had this issue amd the other got bacteria but still produced several good ozs. I am away more than 12 to 14 hours a dag so maybe this isnt the best method for me to keep an eye on them. I have many clones going to start again but also need to find a decent vendor for ms to add varieties. Hopefully someone would help an amateur out and trads now for later.

--------------------

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: All aborts in unmod mono...any ideas to cause? [Re: BodhiBoy] * 3
    #24372260 - 06/02/17 08:37 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

how much times daily are you spending opening and closing tubs and misting ect? each time you open to mist, you open to fan in an unregulated environment, it adds time and space to your daily routine. thats alot of extra work. all that extra work adds up.  sounds like you picked the wrong method as it sounds to me like it requires a bunch of extra steps and work that make things not so easy.

try a set and forget type method.  a small fan on a timer and some good filtration for fae on your tubs will make it 0 to nil maintenance. back in the day before this forum existed everyone grew out of tubs with no holes. and there is a reason they switched it up.

i too have big gaps of 10-14 hours between looking at crops. i don't do any extra maintenance. just open the lid take pics, and then open the lid and harvest. these types of grows are ok if your doing one tub. you can tend to it and do the necessary misting ect. i used to grow pans this way. but would mist and open the lid 3 times a day. after that i vowed to never have to do maintenance again. that is where all the work is.

well, if you have a job like most of us, this isn't an option. you want something that allows you to have the freedom to live your life. not be a slave to your tubs. outdated methods coming back to the forums.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Edited by eatyualive (06/02/17 09:01 PM)

OfflineBodhiBoy
Wizard
 User Gallery

#24374430 - 06/03/17 05:50 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eatyualive said:
how much times daily are you spending opening and closing tubs and misting ect? each time you open to mist, you open to fan in an unregulated environment, it adds time and space to your daily routine. thats alot of extra work. all that extra work adds up.  sounds like you picked the wrong method as it sounds to me like it requires a bunch of extra steps and work that make things not so easy.

try a set and forget type method.  a small fan on a timer and some good filtration for fae on your tubs will make it 0 to nil maintenance. back in the day before this forum existed everyone grew out of tubs with no holes. and there is a reason they switched it up.

i too have big gaps of 10-14 hours between looking at crops. i don't do any extra maintenance. just open the lid take pics, and then open the lid and harvest. these types of grows are ok if your doing one tub. you can tend to it and do the necessary misting ect. i used to grow pans this way. but would mist and open the lid 3 times a day. after that i vowed to never have to do maintenance again. that is where all the work is.

well, if you have a job like most of us, this isn't an option. you want something that allows you to have the freedom to live your life. not be a slave to your tubs. outdated methods coming back to the forums.

I try to get to it in the morning then 12 to 14 hours later on most days but its tough. 15 years ago i used to make dub tubs with an air pump and lights on timers and had decent results but i was young and naive then. Im back in the hobby, thankfully, and couldnt beleive all thats changed. I will try so mod tubs with micropore and maybe poly to see which works better for me. I just bought a nice stainless rack and rubbermaid work station so i can have 10 to 12 tubs at once but the method will have to be proven first. Proven as in I can make it work for me lol. I only have some decent cambodian clones going and 50lbs of whole wheat ans coir/verm. Thanks for yoir replies. I missed being here

--------------------

InvisibleMorelman
LC Master
 User Gallery

Loc: Hiding under an Elm Tree Flag
    #24374494 - 06/03/17 06:23 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eatyualive said:

Eaty is absolutely right.

I walked away from "dialing in" polyfill and micropore. And I'm not going to babysit an unmodded tub.

The tub I designed is already dialed in as long as you don't have loads of moving air. Remove tape at full colonization and harvest when they are ready. Mist the walls after fruiting conditions if they get dry. Once or twice at most, but it depends on the rh of your room.

Others have used it successfully.

I will be revisiting this design:

Edited by Morelman (06/03/17 08:57 PM)

Invisiblec10h12n2o
serial dilutor
 User Gallery

Loc: the abyss
Re: All aborts in unmod mono...any ideas to cause? [Re: Morelman]
    #24374551 - 06/03/17 06:42 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

OP, i dont see any aborts, only funky fruits

if there are indeed aborts, another thing to consider is your misting technique (though you should definitely be working out the things eat mentioned, to determine if its genetic or related to your technique, ie how often it happens)

cubes arent as bad about this, but some species will mass abort if you mist the pins. just something to consider, and would be easy enough to find out if this played a role by simply not misting a tub at all (especially after pins show)

--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide

"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited by c10h12n2o (06/03/17 07:34 PM)

OfflineBodhiBoy
Wizard
 User Gallery

Re: All aborts in unmod mono...any ideas to cause? [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #24374685 - 06/03/17 07:29 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I think i will make a standard modified tub and tape the holes. Then replace the tape with micropore layer after colonization. I feel like that will work for the room theyre in. And use a fan to increase fae.

I didnt know that about the misting though. That misting pins could cause them all to abort. Perhaps i will pluck all these up and make some holes in the fruiting tub. I bought a 1.25 inch metal pipe i can heat up and melt some holes without effecting the sub at all. And then bottom water then set back into fruiting mode. Im hoping these two tubs arent dud with aborts

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #24374692 - 06/03/17 07:33 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Those are not aborts but slow growing fruits. Could be genetic but not sure...needs more time.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

InvisibleZiran
The Hero of Time
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Temple of Time
Re: All aborts in unmod mono...any ideas to cause? [Re: Morelman]
    #24374953 - 06/03/17 09:16 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Morelman said:
Quote:

eatyualive said:

Eaty is absolutely right.

I walked away from "dialing in" polyfill and micropore. And I'm not going to babysit an unmodded tub.

The tub I designed is already dialed in as long as you don't have loads of moving air. Remove tape at full colonization and harvest when they are ready. Mist the walls after fruiting conditions if they get dry. Once or twice at most, but it depends on the rh of your room.

Others have used it successfully.

I will be revisiting this design:

This design reminds me of Doc_T's sgfc/mono hybrid

Link 1

Link 2

--------------------
Song Of Healing
:super: Updated Pf Tek Guide :super:
Ziran's Teks
AMU Q&A Thread
The Chinese word for nature is zìrán and it means that of which is of itself.

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: All aborts in unmod mono...any ideas to cause? [Re: Ziran]
    #24374992 - 06/03/17 09:32 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

There definitely isn't any cobweb mold I can see.

I wouldn't late case anymore either :shrug:

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

InvisibleMorelman
LC Master
 User Gallery

Loc: Hiding under an Elm Tree Flag
Re: All aborts in unmod mono...any ideas to cause? [Re: Ziran]
    #24375012 - 06/03/17 09:39 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Doc_T and I were working on these around the same time. He was the one who suggested I call mine the MMM. Morelmans Modified Monotub.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13998295#13998295

If you read down the thread, Doc_T says he's going to build one.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13964061#13964061

I deleted my tek last month. I still have the photos.

You can read from the beginning here:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13859448#13859448

Edited by Morelman (06/03/17 09:55 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale