Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Mycobags

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Advice on grow bags.
    #2436965 - 03/15/04 11:04 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

So here is the situation?

Purchased 4 presteralized grow bags from one vendor.

Purchased Syringe from a different vendor.

15 days ago bags were inoculated. hands and arms were washed with antibacterial soap. Alcohol was wiped over injection site. Needle was flamed then wiped with alcohol. Needle was flamed after each bag and wiped again.

At 7 days no signs of growth. Relized I didnt mix bags after inoculation. Advice was given to just wait since I didnt at first till some mycelium comes and then mix.

Took half of the advice and left 2 alone, and the other 2 were mixed. This was done with clean hands after thourogh washing.

The 2 bags that were mixed now have a slight sweet smell to them, and the 2 that were left alone smell fine.

It is now day 15 and no signs of any growth. I know that these bags can take awhile but the sweet smell has me slightly worried. Now its not like "oh my god that smells nasty" but they do smell slightly sweet, almost a fermenty kinda smell. while the other 2 smell like grain like when they came.

So Im worried that it could be some kind of bacteria in there and that the mixing caused it to be spread out and take hold. There is no visible signs of any contam though.

The problem I have is I feel I did everything on my part, but did the contams come from the syringe or were they already in the bag. "if they are even contams at all"

since both were purchased seperately from two different vendors do I contact both, the one where I got the bags, or the one from wich the syringe came from.

My iguana "Mr. Green Jeans" said that I should have started with pf jars, and that is what he is doing at this moment. He laughed at my stupidity but did say he would share if his works out.

I did not say company names because I havent contacted anyone, and didnt think it was very polite or professional to point fingers before I figure out what is going on.

Advice? it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by frock (03/16/04 12:57 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Advice on mycobags [Re: frock]
    #2436993 - 03/15/04 11:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Well, it sounds like you may have some bacteria in your syringe... mixing the bags may have spread it around. I think you did everything you should. Contact the vendors... although you'll have a tough case getting the bags replaced... another vendor's syringe was used.

Mr MycoBag

Loc: NC, USA
Re: Advice on mycobags [Re: frock]
    #2437332 - 03/16/04 12:37 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

One question.
Were these vendors both shroomery sponsors?
If so you may be in luck, maybe. You need to write them and see what they tell you.

you can still keep out names if you wish but you have already mentioned mine several times. :wink:

Re: Advice on mycobags [Re: MycoFactory]
    #2437397 - 03/16/04 12:58 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, both were shroomery sponsors.

Thanks for the advice, I will contact and see what they say.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Mycobags

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation