Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGrey Fox

Small Spined Fatties
    #24367606 - 06/01/17 11:25 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I noticed that a lot of the photos online of trichs from South America used by the shamans show really fat pachs with very small spines.

Do you guys have any cacti with that sort of look?

Here's what I have:

This one was labeled as "San Pedro" at a local garden center. Its a fat pach or scop or hybrid. I'm not really sure. Its not that dark of a color and seems to be showing some signs of dehydration as the summer temps heat up.

This one is a Juul's Giant. I guess some people consider this to be a pachanoi and some think it is its own species. Its a strong grower and medium green in color.

This one is also from a local garden center and was labeled as "San Pedro". It is the darkest green in color of the three and most closely resembles the photos I've seen of the shamans' San Pedro from South America. I'm really looking forward for it to grow larger.

What do you guys have that are like these?

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBarracho
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Small Spined Fatties [Re: Grey Fox]
    #24368126 - 06/01/17 02:29 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Just about every pach looks like those lol except for more rare variations..

The first one if it came from a gardening center is most likely pc, maybe noty though but I would say 90% of garden center San Pedro is pc..

As for juuls giant it's tough to tell if it's real, many growers will label pach as juuls giant it's almost a generic term for them.. it's tough to say if that's really Tom's juuls giant. I know the one I have looks different from that.

They are all nice looking, keep them growing man

InvisibleEl Torcho
Time for tea?
I'm a teapot

Loc: Lone Pine Hill
Re: Small Spined Fatties [Re: Barracho]
    #24368194 - 06/01/17 03:00 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

The fattest Pach with the smallest spines I have is a Hutchison 6212.

This was it last fall before cutting. And no the scars aren't scale . . . . (I'm just gonna preempt any 'experts' out there)

Here is the top today.

--------------------
"Well it sounds trivial, but the key insight is . . . . . you don't know shit"
~Dennis McKenna

"There is more to human existence and to reality itself than science can ever give us access to."
~His Holiness, The 14th Dalai Lama

InvisibleGrey Fox

Re: Small Spined Fatties [Re: Barracho]
    #24368470 - 06/01/17 04:45 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Barracho said:

The first one if it came from a gardening center is most likely pc, maybe noty though but I would say 90% of garden center San Pedro is pc..

As for juuls giant it's tough to tell if it's real, many growers will label pach as juuls giant it's almost a generic term for them.. it's tough to say if that's really Tom's juuls giant. I know the one I have looks different from that.

Hi Barracho. Oh yeah I plan keep them growing as much as I can.

Hey do you have a photo of your Juul's? I know there are a lot of fake ones out there but I bought mine from a pretty well known online vendor so I was hoping its the real thing.

You know I've got several pachs that have a different look from these ones so I still stand by the idea that these fat, very small spined ones are their own thing.

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

InvisibleGrey Fox

Re: Small Spined Fatties [Re: El Torcho]
    #24368471 - 06/01/17 04:46 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

El Torcho said:
The fattest Pach with the smallest spines I have is a Hutchison 6212.

This was it last fall before cutting. And no the scars aren't scale . . . . (I'm just gonna preempt any 'experts' out there)

Here is the top today.

That's a beauty El Torcho! That's what I'm talking about!

--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

OfflineBarracho
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Small Spined Fatties [Re: Grey Fox]
    #24368657 - 06/01/17 05:57 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Grey Fox said:
Quote:

Barracho said:

Hi Barracho. Oh yeah I plan keep them growing as much as I can.

Hey do you have a photo of your Juul's? I know there are a lot of fake ones out there but I bought mine from a pretty well known online vendor so I was hoping its the real thing.

You know I've got several pachs that have a different look from these ones so I still stand by the idea that these fat, very small spined ones are their own thing.

I could take a pic but right now my "juuls" is a dehydrated 4 inch top cutting. I ate the rest of it lol.. I'm not sure it's really a juuls. Nobody really knows what the real juuls is anymore.. all the places that grow them say it's juuls and they all look different. Back in the day any San Pedro that came in to nurseries were labeled juuls giant...

Those short spines pach look nice. Short spines are just a variation though. There's short spines Peru and bridge also. My ogun and my "juuls" cut have next to nothing for spines, my huancabamba has very short spines also.

Edited by Barracho (06/01/17 05:58 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules