Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Chicago Police on the lookout for PCP-and THC-laced lollipo
    #2436572 - 03/15/04 09:48 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.ccchronicle.com/back/2004-03-15/citybeat2.html

Only suckers buy these ?pops?
Chicago Police on the lookout for PCP- and THC-laced lollipops

By Jennifer Golz
City Beat Editor

The Chicago Police issued a community alert last week warning citizens of the potentially hazardous effects of drugs disguised as harmless looking candy suckers being sold on the street.

Individually wrapped lollipops in the shapes of Santa Claus heads, pumpkins and maple leaves, in bright shades of green, amber and red were selling on the city?s West Side for $10, according to police officials. What makes these candies so expensive is they contain PCP, a hallucinogenic, and THC, the active component in marijuana.

On a search warrant, Chicago Police Special Operations arrested Michael Pernell, 29, of the 1300 block of South Central Park Avenue. Pernell?s residence was under surveillance after the CPD received information about the sale of candy containing a suspect narcotic.

The sale of the suckers has primarily been in the 15th District, the areas between 13th Street and Douglas Boulevard, and Central Park Avenue and Independence Boulevard, according to the community alert.
?We put out the community alert to notify parents and children,? said Sgt. Edward Alonzo, CPD news affairs spokesman. ?We don?t want kids to be using [the suckers].?

According to the police report, items obtained from Pernell?s home included 34 lollipops containing PCP, 348 rounds of .22-caliber ammunition and smaller amounts of cash and marijuana.

Alonzo said Pernell was charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of cannabis, as well as possession with intent to deliver. Pernell was also charged for the possession of the ammunition, because he did not have a firearm owner?s identification card, which is required in Illinois for possession of a gun or ammunition.

?At this point, we don?t know the extent or how many [lollipops] are out there,? Alonzo said.

But Jake Epperly, medical director of the New Hope Recovery Center at the Lincoln Park Hospital, does not have too much concern for this phenomenon.

?Overall, in the United States in 2002, there was a 48 percent increase in the use of PCP. But in the Chicago area there was actually a decrease,? Epperly said.

Epperly said in the 20 years he?s been in the medical field, this is the first time he has heard of PCP coming in the form of a lollipop.

Dr. David Gorelick, a doctor with the National Institute on Drug Abuse of the National Institutes of Health, said PCP is a difficult drug to deal with.

?[PCP] can have such a varied effect. It can act as an upper, a downer, a anesthetic, and it can make people psychotic, which is probably one of the more undesirable effects,? Gorelick said. ?With cocaine or marijuana, you can better predict [people?s reactions], but PCP can be much more unpredictable.?

How PCP affects an individual depends on the potency, how the drug is taken and the individual?s size. While the CPD has issued the alert to warn of children consuming the lollipops, experts believe they are meant for an older audience.

?The customer base is anyone who can afford the $10 to buy them,? Alonzo said.

Chicago Police is asking anyone who sees any such candies to call 911.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Edited by motaman (03/15/04 09:50 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Chicago Police on the lookout for PCP-and THC-laced lollipo [Re: motaman]
    #2438292 - 03/16/04 08:58 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Wow, yeah, blast from the past all those street names..

That's the fuckin ghetto. Way back in the day i used to score dope (china white) on most of those streets mentioned, and side streets.

Hehehe, those pcp candies are completely insane.
-I remember they used to sell vaccum sealed cigarettes dipped in pcp-juice..
-$10, or 10 for a rock or 10 for a blow of H, or 10 for a bag of weed.
--99% of the time it was just rock and heroin though.
--99% of the time it was always available though..
---The blueprint and infostructure of that city was basically constructed to sell drugs.

It's extremely scarey to have pcp on that side of town!!!
-There is already an amazing deal of violent behavior in the ghettos of chicago.
-Alot of people would do pcp there to, scary stuff to see those people.! hehehe

Man im glad i don't live near there anymore.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2438329 - 03/16/04 09:12 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Central Park Avenue and Independence Boulevard, according to the community alert.
?We put out the community alert to notify parents and children,? 

Hehehe, sheezus, those stretches of streets are nothing but drug slinging terratory. It's completely and utterly impossible to deal with :smile:.

The "community members" would sometimes protest the drug dealers (basically set up on their street corner with heavy drug dealing activity), and they would stand on the corners screaming at the gangsters and their customers to go somewhere else, so they just set up shop at the next corner over..until the people give up and then start slinging again on the same corners..

Blast from the past man.. ..they teach the kids real young too, basically as soon as they can walk they'll have kids on look-out for cops and for customers.. they hire dealers like normal jobs almost, and dealing drugs is basically the best and only income most people can find there.. fucking wasteland.. gawd i love chicago, but i'm sure glad i don't live there anymore!!!!

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: Chicago Police on the lookout for PCP-and THC-laced lollipo [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2441581 - 03/17/04 01:14 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

LoL, I used to live 30 miles from Chicago.  :smirk:

--------------------
http://heffter.org

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #2452542 - 03/19/04 08:23 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i posted something about this in ODD a few months ago. everyone thought it was police propoganda though.

yea, chicago is a drug wasteland. every corner youll hear people yell at your car " rocks, blow.... 10 dollas "  . but i  :heart: it  :grin:

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service