Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: What do you think is the healthiest diet? [Re: goldcaphunter]
    #24359562 - 05/29/17 05:24 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

The healthiest diet is a diet that contains all kinds of food you like, but in sufficiently modest quantity that you lose weight.

Eat normal, but slightly less than you need in a day to get by. A downtick of about 500 kcal should do it.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Loc: higher plane of sex
Re: What do you think is the healthiest diet? [Re: Asante]
    #24359580 - 05/29/17 05:33 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Smoking crack before you eat makes it hard to overindulge.

--------------------
One Love True Indeed.  Have Good Trips.  Mike/sunshine's mom.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: What do you think is the healthiest diet? [Re: sunshine]
    #24359601 - 05/29/17 05:42 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Still the average person only eats 2500 kcal a day ro losing 5000 a day is a bit much.

UIt would mean an extremelty revved up metabolism.

Its probably mostly water weight.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: What do you think is the healthiest diet? [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24359672 - 05/29/17 06:14 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:

Like I said, just taking it to replace the benzo, which I only took when it felt like I needed it, a couple times a month at most. I've been taking one-two capsules a week at a time sometimes but I usually break for a few days/week(s). It doesn't feel quite strong enough to encourage the same kind of psychology dependence benzos do, but strong enough to work without making me sleepy. Which is hella nice.

Though the effects you've stated are interesting. I've suspected I might have thyroid issues for a while. I've had it tested several times and have been found to be just under (or over, idr the exact number but I have been only 1 count away) the line of hypothyroidism. Makes me wonder if that might be influencing my anxiety levels.

And I know I have excessive estrogen, and I know that makes anxiety worse, so boosting my miniscule levels of testosterone may counter that aspect too.

Aside from the unknown risks of long term use it's sounding better for me personally than benzos.

i cant argue with it being better than benzos

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: What do you think is the healthiest diet? [Re: Asante]
    #24359675 - 05/29/17 06:15 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
The healthiest diet is a diet that contains all kinds of food you like, but in sufficiently modest quantity that you lose weight.

Eat normal, but slightly less than you need in a day to get by. A downtick of about 500 kcal should do it.

Only if you are trying to lose weight...

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
Re: What do you think is the healthiest diet? [Re: oontribe]
    #24359842 - 05/29/17 07:13 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

oontribe said:
The hindu and buddhists monks seems to live more than average yet they are active and relatively healthy.
:shrug:

Not only that, but a lot of Hindus and Buddhists are vegetarian or vegan.

Invisiblecannabinated
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside Flag
Re: What do you think is the healthiest diet? [Re: Crystal G]
    #24359846 - 05/29/17 07:14 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

soylent

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: What do you think is the healthiest diet? [Re: Masked]
    #24359855 - 05/29/17 07:15 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Masked said:
Crystal...the science is in on this.  I could write You a damn near essay with a ridiculous amount of credible links.  You may not waste away but 50 grams is not ideal for any decently active human being.

How so? The majority of the entire world consumes around 50g of protein, sometimes even less. Only Americans eat like 150g of protein every day. I mean that's just overkill. A 6oz steak has 40g of protein. If you eat that one steak or that one piece of fish, that's more than enough for the day, and you don't need to be eating meat in every single meal after that.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: What do you think is the healthiest diet? [Re: Shroomism]
    #24359866 - 05/29/17 07:18 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
lol wut

Cooking most certainly destroys Vitamin C, that's no myth.  Vitamin C is very unstable and easily reduced and destroyed by heat, this is a pretty well known fact... I thought.
Link if you don't believe.. The longer you cook something, the less C it has.

Is it only true for vitamin C? Because I've seen quasi-nutrition gurus make the claim that microwaving destroys nutrients, that frozen food destroys nutrients, or that cooking food destroys nutrients.

InvisibleMasked
The Nutter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: What do you think is the healthiest diet? [Re: Crystal G] * 1
    #24360228 - 05/29/17 09:44 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

No one said you have to eat that much meat so stop inferring that.

But 50g is not optimal and has been studied to death.  Can you get by with 50g a day? ...sure.  that doesn't mean it's ideal or optimum

Quote:

It was also noted the dietary guidelines published by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and Governmental programs, such as the school lunch program for children and Meals on Wheels for elderly persons, use the .36 grams/pound/day as well. Same for dietary guidelines published in the dietetic literature, the popular press, and various nutritional computer programs - a recommend protein intake of .36 grams/pound/day.

In example, a 190 pound person would need only 68.4 grams of protein per day.  That requirement could be met by ingesting a 4 ounce skinless chicken breast, half a cup of low-fat cottage cheese, and half a cup of crushed walnuts in one day.

Huh? That’s it for protein? Only .36 grams per pound each day? More on the study:

The RDA for protein was based on the results of all available studies that estimated the minimum protein intake required to avoid progressive loss of lean body mass as reflected by nitrogen balance.The Food and Nutrition Board admitted that relying solely on results from nitrogen balance studies to determine the RDA did have limitations, because this method does not measure any relevant physiological end point. Additionally, the existing data were gathered almost exclusively in college-aged men and a greater nitrogen intake was likely required to maintain nitrogen balance in elderly persons. Regardless of whether .36 grams/pound/day is an appropriate value for the RDA for elderly persons as well as for individuals 18- to 50-years-old, the point is the RDA is functionally defined as the amount of protein needed to avoid a deficiency that would lead to a progressive loss of lean body mass (as reflected by negative nitrogen balance).

The Acceptable Macronutrient Distribution Range (AMDR) of protein was noted to be between 10% and 35% of the daily energy intake (DRI). For example, the daily energy requirement of a sedentary 19-year-old reference man (5’-9” tall and 167 pounds) is estimated to be 17.2 total calories per pound (2,872 total calories/day). Ten percent of this caloric intake as protein would equal .43 grams/pound/day (72 grams) and 35% would equal 1.5 grams/pound/day (250 grams!). Thus, the RDA is below the lowest intake recommended by the AMDR when considered in the context of the overall dietary intake of macronutrients.

This discussion is relevant to nutrition policy only if there is evidence the optimal level of protein intake differs from the minimal requirement. The wide range recommended in the AMDR (10%-35% of energy intake) implies uncertainty regarding the exact optimal level of protein intake. This uncertainty reflects in part a relative lack of research addressing this issue. In addition, the wide range reflects, by deduction, uncertainty regarding the optimal levels of carbohydrate and fat in the diet.

The problem of widespread misinterpretation and improper application of the RDA arises from the fact the Food and Nutrition Board maintained the historically familiar term "recommended dietary allowance," but functionally defined it in terms misunderstood by most individuals. The distinction is that a requirement clearly defines the minimum amount needed, whereas no such implication is conveyed with the any recommendations.

Quote:

A variety of studies have shown levels of protein intake above the RDA benefiting muscle mass, strength, bone health, maintenance of energy balance, cardiovascular function, and wound healing.

...The MINIMUM amount of protein for athletes should be at least .55 grams/pound/day. Depending upon your sport or training regimen, the daily requirement can go as high as .9 to 1 grams/pound.

https://breakingmuscle.com/fuel/how-much-protein-do-you-need-science-weighs-in

That's just the tip of the iceberg.

The RDA figures are basically the lowest amount of protein intake needed for people who are not active and are not looking at maximizing muscle mass or athletic performance

If you are active and/or train, you should be getting AT LEAST .80 grams of protein per lbs of LEAN BODY MASS.

For me, I'm 180lbs.  But my lean body mass is around 155 to 160lbs.  I should be getting a minimum of 125grams of protein a day.

The science is solid on this crystal.  Stop being combative just for the sake of it.

Quote:

crystal g said:
That's all that you take? You should be taking way more than that. 1gram per lb of muscle mass that you have

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18080118#18080118

Quote:

crystal g said:
I make sure to eat at least 150g of protein a day and no more than 200g of carbs in a day

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18368360#18368360

:cheersyoufuck:

--------------------

Invisibletrscstghst
stranger
Male

Loc: here
Re: What do you think is the healthiest diet? [Re: Masked] * 1
    #24360335 - 05/29/17 10:45 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

honestly I think an inconsistent diet is best.  our bodies are evolved to survive on a hunter gatherer diet.  and when you live day to day hunting and gathering, what you are able to bring to the table each day is inconsistent.  one day you might eat a bunch of fruit, the next nothing but fish, the next some grain, if you are lucky maybe some honey, ect. this includes days where you eat little to nothing as well as days where you eat 4 pounds of red meat.  a lot of tribal people rarely eat more than two different types of food in any one day, and they are pretty healthy overall considering they have no access to personal hygiene items, vaccinations, antibiotics, or pretty much any modern medicine.  heart disease, diabetes, and cancer are pretty much unheard of in peoples who still live a hunter gather lifestyle. they die from injuries and infections but not chronic illness. and the ones who are lucky enough to live to an old age are generally healthy.

whats that saying that used to be really popular around here?  oh yeah,  all things in moderation, including moderation.

--------------------
Why use up the forests which were centuries in the making and the mines which required ages to lay down, if we can get the equivalent of forest and mineral products in the annual growth of the hemp fields?
o Henry Ford

Edited by trscstghst (05/29/17 10:56 PM)

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: What do you think is the healthiest diet? [Re: trscstghst] * 1
    #24360415 - 05/29/17 11:21 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

What you call inconsistent is what everyone has always said: variety.

Most people just don't understand what variety means.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

Offlinefuckthenorm
Primate
Male

Loc: nORthw3st
    #24360434 - 05/29/17 11:28 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Raw vegan no doubt. If you eat only raw fruits and vegetables your body turns into an alkaline fortress and all disease cannot grow in alkaline environment. It alkalizes ur body. All disease starts in the gut

--------------------
[gradient:#C9D4C7,#][/gradient]princess and the frog- they finally made a disney movie for the blacks

InvisibleMasked
The Nutter
Male User Gallery

#24360477 - 05/29/17 11:43 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Agreed.  But I like the way he put it :cheers:

I for one struggle with variety.  I look at food as fuel and I get locked into eating the same things day by day, week by week

I like to cook and of course try new things as often as I can, but I'd say in the grand scheme of my entire life so far, my diet is consistently boring lol

I think it would be interesting to see what everyone's top 10 most frequent foods are in this thread (or another) :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleMasked
The Nutter
Male User Gallery

Re: What do you think is the healthiest diet? [Re: fuckthenorm] * 1
    #24360480 - 05/29/17 11:45 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Baloney.

And it's well established that what you eat only effects the ph of your urine slightly with no noticeable change in the PH of your blood.

--------------------

Invisibletrscstghst
stranger
Male

#24360481 - 05/29/17 11:46 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
What you call inconsistent is what everyone has always said: variety.

Most people just don't understand what variety means.

fair enough

--------------------
Why use up the forests which were centuries in the making and the mines which required ages to lay down, if we can get the equivalent of forest and mineral products in the annual growth of the hemp fields?
o Henry Ford

Invisibletrscstghst
stranger
Male

Re: What do you think is the healthiest diet? [Re: trscstghst]
    #24360503 - 05/29/17 11:52 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

about the pH thing, I would say it is healthier to have an average body pH of say 7.41 as opposed to 7.37

--------------------
o Henry Ford

Edited by trscstghst (05/29/17 11:53 PM)

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
Re: What do you think is the healthiest diet? [Re: trscstghst]
    #24360612 - 05/30/17 01:32 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

you have some fat in a meal.  cut off fat with the absorbing of a, etc, the fat soluble vitamins.    I don't salt anything or even use sugar.  thinks taste sweeter without using sugar. 

I try to eat a pussy once a day.  Now THAT makes a healthy diet.

--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: What do you think is the healthiest diet? [Re: Masked]
    #24360712 - 05/30/17 03:27 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Masked said:
That's just the tip of the iceberg.

The RDA figures are basically the lowest amount of protein intake needed for people who are not active and are not looking at maximizing muscle mass or athletic performance

If you are active and/or train, you should be getting AT LEAST .80 grams of protein per lbs of LEAN BODY MASS.

For me, I'm 180lbs.  But my lean body mass is around 155 to 160lbs.  I should be getting a minimum of 125grams of protein a day.

The science is solid on this crystal.  Stop being combative just for the sake of it.

Quote:

crystal g said:
That's all that you take? You should be taking way more than that. 1gram per lb of muscle mass that you have

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18080118#18080118

Quote:

crystal g said:
I make sure to eat at least 150g of protein a day and no more than 200g of carbs in a day

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18368360#18368360

:cheersyoufuck:

Yes, I did used to believe that you needed over 1g of protein per day if you were an athlete.

However, I came to realize later, that the whole "1-2g of protein per lb" thing was a myth perpetuated by supplement companies looking to push their products.

My post was not about athletes though, I did specifically say in my first post, that athletes need more than 50g a day. But for people who do only light exercise or are pretty sedentary, a 180lb man only needs 50-60g or so. I know that you do a lot of intense workouts, so in your case you would need more.

Just use this calculator: https://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/interactiveDRI/

I put in a 30 year old 5'10" 180lb male who gets light exercise, and I got 65 grams of protein recommended.

OfflineLucisM
Nutritional Yeast

Re: What do you think is the healthiest diet? [Re: Masked] * 1
    #24360718 - 05/30/17 03:31 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Masked said:

I for one struggle with variety.  I look at food as fuel and I get locked into eating the same things day by day, week by week

I am the same way.

I made shrimp and grits the other day, got the recipe out of a running magazine, was wonderful, and a nice break from my normal boring food.

--------------------
©️

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules