Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCanadian Jesus
I'll Be Back. I'm Back.
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
I have a cool idea for a game (Medieval warfare game) * 2
    #24352570 - 05/26/17 08:22 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I know this section isn't that busy, but I figured I'd get the best responses/input here.. It would probably go largely ignored in The Pub.

So, I have a great idea for a new video game. I haven't seen any games that depict realistic Medieval combat. My idea is to contact Dice about making a game called Battlefield 1342.

The time period around the year 1342 marks the height of Medieval warfare.

The came can include The Hundred Years War and have combat between England and France, The Second War of Scottish Independence, combat between Castile and Aragon in what is now modern day Spain. There was also a lot of fighting going on in Central Europe involving The Teutonic Order.

Obviously they would play loosely on the year 1342, but I believe this idea would make for an awesome Medieval Warfare game that can also be realistic and true to history.

--------------------
What's the crime if I snort a line, smoke, toke shoot it up all at the same time?

SunnyD said:
Definitely have more respect for sheekle than I do for unjust laws

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: I have a cool idea for a game (Medieval warfare game) [Re: Canadian Jesus]
    #24352579 - 05/26/17 08:26 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I know the chances of this happening aren't likely anyway, but you should keep lucrative ideas like that to yourself in case a company like Dice were to actually consider an idea like yours. I think it sounds cool though, but I'm a Battlefield fan in general.

--------------------

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

Re: I have a cool idea for a game (Medieval warfare game) [Re: Eminence]
    #24352611 - 05/26/17 08:39 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I don't see the overlap with battlefield. Play chivalry? Or mount and blade?

What are your thoughts on the game other than the time period? Realistic combat... Like rts, or playing a soldier like mount and blade probably. Details though

I like the football lineup tackle simulation this little game accomplishes

InvisibleEminence
Male

Re: I have a cool idea for a game (Medieval warfare game) [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #24352670 - 05/26/17 09:06 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

If it's a Battlefield game it would be FPS style. Mount and blade, and projectiles. People would be sending horses running at people with sketchy gun powder bombs attached to them instead of ATVs with c4 packs like on Battlefield 4.

--------------------

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: I have a cool idea for a game (Medieval warfare game) [Re: Eminence]
    #24352728 - 05/26/17 09:37 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

There is sort of a game like that coming out!  A few in fact.  wtf is the name of one of them...need to googles for infroz..

here it is!

https://mordhau.com/

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

OfflineCanadian Jesus
I'll Be Back. I'm Back.
Male

Re: I have a cool idea for a game (Medieval warfare game) [Re: mndfreeze]
    #24352800 - 05/26/17 10:30 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Damn, great responses so far guys! I'm glad I posted here rather than in The Pub.

I saw a gameplay video of Mordhau today, and that's basically how the multiplayer would go in my ideal game, but that game would be more like how my free for all mode would go.

This is game play from Mordhau:

I think my game would be slightly different in parry/dodge mechanics. There would also be the ability to perform a 'takedown' and kill with a single strike (think knife through the visor). Although that game is not quite close to being finished and they will probably add some of that stuff.

My primary game mode would have two teams and play very similar to Battlefield. In my game you would have to pick classes to play. Stuff like Knight, Man-at-arms, cavalry, berserker (heavy weapons) and archer/arbalist. Each class would have a fairly unique loadout, which can be customized to an extent. All classes besides berserker would have a shield and they would all have options for armor.

Team multiplayer would probably involve two fortresses or castles were each team fights a pitched battle in the middle of the field and the goal would be to breach and storm the opposing fortress. There would be siege engines available to use as well as cannons for both destroying the enemy team in the field and to breach the enemy stronghold.

I would have other options for multiplayer besides the 'storm the fortress' mode. There would be straight up pitched battles, and modes where you capture and hold hills and other landmarks. That would probably work similar to how 'frontlines' works on Battlefield 1.

My game would be more single player Campaign oriented than traditional Battlefield games. The campaign would feature real battles and conflicts from the time period and would involve rather large scale battles as well as small raids and 'behind enemy lines' missions. This is where the 'true to history' part comes in. It would have to based fairly heavily on real life events but obviously they would need to take liberties in order to make things work and make the game more fun as well as easy to create.

I know this game would be crazy expensive to produce and would take a long time, but a man can dream can't he? I'm not terribly worried about Dice stealing my idea, it would actually be pretty cool if they did. If that were to actually happen, I would appreciate some credit though (maybe a little money lol). The reason I specified Dice and Battlefield is that those games already have many of the features I would include in my own game, and it wouldn't be too big of a stretch for them to use what they already have as a foundation.

--------------------
What's the crime if I snort a line, smoke, toke shoot it up all at the same time?

SunnyD said:

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24353015 - 05/27/17 12:50 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

There is another few games as well in the works that sort of hit on your ideas but I am totally spacing the names.  Driving me nuts trying to remember.  Anyway one is going to be an open world RPGish sort of thing but based on real medieval stuff. No elves and dragons and shit.  Other one was a more FPS inspired style like mordhau but wanted more realistic fighting.

If I remember any of their names I'll be sure to post em.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflinePsilosopherr
A psilly goose
Other User Gallery

#24353146 - 05/27/17 02:48 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

kingdom come?

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I have a cool idea for a game (Medieval warfare game) [Re: Psilosopherr]
    #24353210 - 05/27/17 03:41 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I think thats the RPG one yeah.  Kingdom Come: Deliverance or something.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24353979 - 05/27/17 12:07 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

There was supposed to be a call of duty game for Roman warfare. They scrapped it because some other over hyped Rome game was coming out and because it just didn't fit with COD.

I think you're better off pushing for a Revolution or Napoleon wars game.
I think the developers of those franchises would like to keep the engine and the gameplay and recycle everything but aesthetics from them. It would not be possible to make a decent medieval warfare game that way. You could, but it would feel awkward and likely not do as well as other games in the franchise.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

InvisibleEminence
Male

Re: I have a cool idea for a game (Medieval warfare game) [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24353993 - 05/27/17 12:14 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

That could've been one of the coolest things CoD has done too if they did it right.

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: I have a cool idea for a game (Medieval warfare game) [Re: Eminence] * 3
    #24354009 - 05/27/17 12:23 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I agree. I would have rather played that than the 5th futuristic bullshit game in a row.

And the Rome game that came out that they cited as their primary competition completely flopped.
I'm hoping their main reason for dropping it was that they started to develop it and realized they didn't know wtf they were doing and the game would suck.

But then again that might have been different too if they didn't feel the need to have a new release every damn year.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

InvisibleCyrus19
Represents Enlil's Hope

#24354266 - 05/27/17 02:31 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Kingdom Come Deliverance

Edited by Cyrus19 (05/28/17 10:07 AM)

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: I have a cool idea for a game (Medieval warfare game) [Re: Canadian Jesus] * 1
    #24358404 - 05/29/17 08:48 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I love it. Genius.

:justastonishing:

And not to be too similar to Elder Scrolls, there will be NO magic, strickly real-world based.

Next up: Battlefield 2000 BC. Anglo-Saxons vs. The Netherthals!

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: I have a cool idea for a game (Medieval warfare game) [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #24358453 - 05/29/17 09:19 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I imagine it being alot more like For Honor only with interactive environment and explosions.

Much less like Skyrim or ESO where you actually have to interact with the other players/NPCs and not just hack and slash everything.

And anyone that has played Skyrim has tried. It usually doesn't lead to anything productive.

--------------------

InvisibleCyrus19
Represents Enlil's Hope

#24358457 - 05/29/17 09:21 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
I imagine it being alot more like For Honor only with interactive environment and explosions.

Much less like Skyrim or ESO where you actually have to interact with the other players/NPCs and not just hack and slash everything.

And anyone that has played Skyrim has tried. It usually doesn't lead to anything productive.

I'm not a huge fan of Skyrim I found it repetitive and the writing is really bad. It looks gorgeous but it claims to be an rpg and its a really weak one.

OfflineCanadian Jesus
I'll Be Back. I'm Back.
Male

#24360071 - 05/29/17 08:34 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
I love it. Genius.

:justastonishing:

And not to be too similar to Elder Scrolls, there will be NO magic, strickly real-world based.

Next up: Battlefield 2000 BC. Anglo-Saxons vs. The Netherthals!

:lol: Those time periods are completely mixed up! I have thought that a cave man game would be pretty cool though. I can't imagine it selling many copies or being any good though.

And my whole concept is to not be a fantasy game. There are already so many of those.

And my idea isn't an RPG either, more of an action game with large scale battles.

For Honor looks cool. I'd prefer a First Person Perspective game. I was honestly a little annoyed about the whole concept of Samurai, Knights and Vikings all meeting up. They weren't even from the same time period, and even if they were, the samurai would never have met the knights or vikings on the battlefield. There also never would have been an army consisting solely of knights. Knights tended to lead men-at-arms into battle as leaders.   

--------------------

SunnyD said:

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#24360397 - 05/29/17 11:12 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Only developer I've known to make historically accurate games is The History Channel.

Though there used to be a cool show on Spike TV that would pit warriors, who lived in relatively close times but never met in battle up against eachother, on a ranking system. And then reenact the theoretical fight. Things like IRA vs Al-Qaeda or ninjas vs vikings. They took alot into account and included some lesser known arsenals.

I disagreed with some of their methods and conclusions but it was an interesting premise.

It was sometimes 1v1 combat but I remember them doing armies for the Roman legionaries and gangs when they did the 1920s American mafia. I think it was the mafia vs the yakuza. So they did try to include numbers for warriors that were highly dependent on working with others.

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #24360431 - 05/29/17 11:27 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Well done man. U know your pre-man history.

Respect!

:douchewink:

I imagine a call of duty type game or Battlefield but with axe and sword weapons.

InvisibleEminence
Male

#24360629 - 05/30/17 01:47 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I would love a CoD game with axes, bows, swords etc. But that's probably partly because one of my favorite game modes in CoD was Sticks and Stones from Black Ops 2. Anyone ever play that? I used to get 40+ tomahawks pretty regularly, people fuckin hated me in that game :lol:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate