Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblepsilocybong
freedomfighter
Loc: california
IN VITRO PINNING
    #2435057 - 03/15/04 03:13 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I am going to case my cakes, but before I do that should I initiate pinning in vitro, or should I case first and then initiate pinning in the grow chamber? Also, what are the best ways to initiate pinning in vitro and in the grow chamber (temp. reduction, lighting, humidity, etc)?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMycoGlowFlow
between the walls
Male

Loc: michigan
Re: IN VITRO PINNING [Re: psilocybong]
    #2435139 - 03/15/04 03:37 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

try not to let the pins start in the jars if ur guna case em.. wait till theyre 100 percent colonized then give em one or two more days before u case them. keep the jars out of light as to prevent premature pinning..

the best way to catalyze the pinning on a casing is to keep the humidity high (at least 90%) and try to promote medium for gas exchange.. most pin sets ive seen without proper sterile gas exchange fall to unpreferable gas levels and either abort or pin a lot slower.. all u need is indirect sunlight, even if its momentary
..the light that can get thru opaque rubbermade containers is even sometimes sufficient, but as a rule of thumb try and give them one solid hour (over lighting can dry the surface of the casing) if u are in a position to decrease the temp of ur environment temporarily id suggest it but putting casings in refridgorators can be risky for contams... there are many helpful tips in the faqs at this site just peruse...its actually everything ud ever ask at a newb level.

--------------------
(the key-strokes that have completed everything ever typed on this user name have been a random coincidence, except for the words in this notation)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation