Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
Re: So it looks like Conor McGregor/Floyd Mayweather is going to happen. And I got some advice for you. [Re: Repertoire89]
    #24406601 - 06/14/17 10:23 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I think there's a decent chance McGregor gets disqualified at some point during the fight. I mean unless Floyd literally tries to make it interesting by, idk lol, laying on the ropes and letting McGregor tee off (which is not Floyd's M.O. at all) for the crowd, I see McGregor getting real frustrated chasing Floyd around the ring and swinging at air. And getting countered to death and being used as target practice for 12 rounds. I mean I honestly don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that Conor does something crazy out of frustration.

Plus let's say that something like that was to happen inside of the first four rounds or so...when the fight is far from being officially decided, then they could do a rematch and scam the public again.

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: So it looks like Conor McGregor/Floyd Mayweather is going to happen. And I got some advice for you. [Re: Nifflerz] * 1
    #24406609 - 06/14/17 10:28 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Floyd better protect his ears.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: So it looks like Conor McGregor/Floyd Mayweather is going to happen. And I got some advice for you. [Re: larry.fisherman]
    #24406612 - 06/14/17 10:31 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

XLCaps said:
Floyd better protect his ears.

:lol:

--------------------

OfflineKetaCaine
Stranger
Re: So it looks like Conor McGregor/Floyd Mayweather is going to happen. And I got some advice for you. [Re: Nifflerz]
    #24406643 - 06/14/17 10:48 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Floyd Mayweather is the opposite of entertainment. Most boring motherfucker ever. He's just gonna play defense against Mcgregor and it's going to be super boring

Offlinesearching
Male User Gallery

Re: So it looks like Conor McGregor/Floyd Mayweather is going to happen. And I got some advice for you. [Re: Nifflerz]
    #24406657 - 06/14/17 10:56 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

After watching Floyd's defensive highlight videos I don't think Conor has a chance. Conor wins by knocking out mma guys who have to train in many different fighting styles. It's like putting the fastest football player against Usain bolt in a 50 years dash.

--------------------

InvisiblezZZz
jesus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: So it looks like Conor McGregor/Floyd Mayweather is going to happen. And I got some advice for you. [Re: KetaCaine]
    #24406666 - 06/14/17 11:02 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

:whathesaid: if mayweather's wins he still loses they couldn't beat him in the ring so they're gonna beat him in the street

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

OfflineKetaCaine
Stranger
Re: So it looks like Conor McGregor/Floyd Mayweather is going to happen. And I got some advice for you. [Re: searching]
    #24406668 - 06/14/17 11:04 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

After this fight, boxing will be done and be known as boring and it'll essentially die. It's like Floyd is letting boxing die and passing on the reigns to MMA for the most popular US fighting sport/league

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: So it looks like Conor McGregor/Floyd Mayweather is going to happen. And I got some advice for you. [Re: zZZz]
    #24406680 - 06/14/17 11:11 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zZZz said:
:whathesaid: if mayweather's wins he still loses

I totally disagree homie, and here's why.

The guy is going to get a purse that probably rivals his purse for the Pacquiao fight. Which was upwards of 180 million. It's almost a foregone conclusion that he exceeds 100 million on this. Floyd doesn't give two fucks about what anybody thinks in regards to his performance. Hell he's already perceived by the vast majority of the public to be a boring, running, defense & safety first fighter anyway.

But come August 30th that motherfucker is going to be laughing all the way to the bank. McGregor too for that matter.

This, for all intents & purposes is the biggest scam in sports history. And regardless of how the fight plays out both will be winners that weekend in August.

--------------------

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

#24406683 - 06/14/17 11:14 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

And that is precisely why he's going to lose even if he wins. he sold out dawg, big time, his career as a professional boxer is over, no one wants to fight a freak

--------------------

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: So it looks like Conor McGregor/Floyd Mayweather is going to happen. And I got some advice for you. [Re: KetaCaine]
    #24406699 - 06/14/17 11:22 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

KetaCaine said:
After this fight, boxing will be done and be known as boring and it'll essentially die.

This is the popular opinion -- that boxing's dead or is going to die, everybody who's not a boxing fan says this. It's not true. People have been uttering this line for years. It's a myth. I mean to y'all who aren't boxing fans, sure, it's true. I mean ya'll believe it.  No boxing isn't anywhere near what it once was, but as a niche sport, the niche is still very, very strong. If you ever happen to flip the channels past a fight, you'll notice that the venues are packed from top to bottom. HBO & Showtime still pour millions into their boxing coverage. Boxing's fine, and it's not going anywhere. It's just not mainstream anymore.

Take it from someone who follows the sport closely, and attends fight cards regularly. I'm not trying to argue with you or anything, I'm just pointing out the fact that the niche is very healthy. Boxing isn't going to just suddenly disappear. The sport has a very faithful, hardcore cult following.

--------------------

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: So it looks like Conor McGregor/Floyd Mayweather is going to happen. And I got some advice for you. [Re: zZZz]
    #24406701 - 06/14/17 11:23 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zZZz said:
And that is precisely why he's going to lose even if he wins. he sold out dawg, big time, his career as a professional boxer is over, no one wants to fight a freak

Yeah but that's what I'm trying to say -- Floyd doesn't care if he sold out. The only person he cares about is himself and his bank account. And he's like 40 or 41 so his days as a professional boxer were over anyway. This is just a circus sideshow to net him another quick 100 mil plus.

--------------------

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

Re: So it looks like Conor McGregor/Floyd Mayweather is going to happen. And I got some advice for you. [Re: Nifflerz] * 1
    #24406703 - 06/14/17 11:26 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Saying boxing is dead or dethroned is laughable. Only to the plebs. No one seems to watch or give a shit about horses yet it's a multi billion dollar industry. But no, NASCAR and circles and shit. :lol:

MMA is great but it's like if I were to proclaim the world's greatest football player. To which the response would be, "Ok so is he a QB, RB, ect." Boxing is like sticking all the quarterbacks together.

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male

Re: So it looks like Conor McGregor/Floyd Mayweather is going to happen. And I got some advice for you. [Re: larry.fisherman] * 1
    #24406713 - 06/14/17 11:29 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

UPDATE:

Mayweather is pregnant

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

Re: So it looks like Conor McGregor/Floyd Mayweather is going to happen. And I got some advice for you. [Re: searching] * 1
    #24406714 - 06/14/17 11:30 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

searching said:
It's like putting the fastest football player against Usain bolt in a 50 years dash.

How much distance is usually covered in a 50 years dash?

For the thread, I'm not really into boxing or MMA or sports of any kind really, but I'm gonna laugh if somehow MMA dude pulls it off. I understand how unlikely that is, but what can I say, sometimes I'm actually an optimist.

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

OfflineKetaCaine
Stranger
    #24406715 - 06/14/17 11:30 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
Quote:

KetaCaine said:
After this fight, boxing will be done and be known as boring and it'll essentially die.

This is the popular opinion -- that boxing's dead or is going to die, everybody who's not a boxing fan says this. It's not true. People have been uttering this line for years. It's a myth. I mean to y'all who aren't boxing fans, sure, it's true. I mean ya'll believe it.  No boxing isn't anywhere near what it once was, but as a niche sport, the niche is still very, very strong. If you ever happen to flip the channels past a fight, you'll notice that the venues are packed from top to bottom. HBO & Showtime still pour millions into their boxing coverage. Boxing's fine, and it's not going anywhere. It's just not mainstream anymore.

Take it from someone who follows the sport closely, and attends fight cards regularly. I'm not trying to argue with you or anything, I'm just pointing out the fact that the niche is very healthy. Boxing isn't going to just suddenly disappear. The sport has a very faithful, hardcore cult following.

Let's be real, boxing is already dead in the USA. I bet the average US sports fans couldnt name 5 boxers. I love sports, but boxing sucks and has little to no following. Maybe the people who do like it are very into it, but they are a very small minority

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: So it looks like Conor McGregor/Floyd Mayweather is going to happen. And I got some advice for you. [Re: KetaCaine] * 1
    #24406730 - 06/14/17 11:41 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

KetaCaine said:
Quote:

Niffla said:
Quote:

KetaCaine said:

Let's be real, boxing is already dead in the USA. I bet the average US sports fans couldnt name 5 boxers. I love sports, but boxing sucks and has little to no following. Maybe the people who do like it are very into it, but they are a very small minority

Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion (that boxing sucks). I enjoy it. I've given up a long time ago on trying to debate it with people like you. I enjoy it, you don't, and that's really as far as I'll go with it. So yeah, agree to disagree.

And yes you are correct, the average US sports fan is probably very unlikely to name five currently active boxers. Only faithful followers of the sport would be able to. It does much, MUCH better globally. The UK for example is a ridiculously thriving boxing market. That said, it isn't dead in the US, either. Or else premium cable networks such as HBO or Showtime wouldn't still be investing millions of dollars and Saturday night 4 hour time windows into it.

Just what, two years ago Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao earned a combined 300 million dollars in 36 minutes in the ring. But somehow boxing is dead, lol.

Like I said though you sir are more than entitled to your opinion.

:youthemandawg:

--------------------

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

#24406735 - 06/14/17 11:44 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
Quote:

zZZz said:

Yeah but that's what I'm trying to say -- Floyd doesn't care if he sold out. The only person he cares about is himself and his bank account. And he's like 40 or 41 so his days as a professional boxer were over anyway. This is just a circus sideshow to net him another quick 100 mil plus.

U gotta think about it tho, when he's old and no longer fighting they're gonna be making documentaries about him, and it's gonna be 45:0 all way that's until they get to mcgregor vs floyd and it's gonna be like the whole thing was for nothing, it's just gonna be him and his money and I guarantee u he's gonna care then..

--------------------

OfflineKetaCaine
Stranger
    #24406742 - 06/14/17 11:49 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
Quote:

KetaCaine said:
Quote:

Niffla said:
Quote:

KetaCaine said:

Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion (that boxing sucks). I enjoy it. I've given up a long time ago on trying to debate it with people like you. I enjoy it, you don't, and that's really as far as I'll go with it. So yeah, agree to disagree.

And yes you are correct, the average US sports fan is probably very unlikely to name five currently active boxers. Only faithful followers of the sport would be able to. It does much, MUCH better globally. The UK for example is a ridiculously thriving boxing market. That said, it isn't dead in the US, either. Or else premium cable networks such as HBO or Showtime wouldn't still be investing millions of dollars and Saturday night 4 hour time windows into it.

Just what, two years ago Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao earned a combined 300 million dollars in 36 minutes in the ring. But somehow boxing is dead, lol.

Like I said though you sir are more than entitled to your opinion.

:youthemandawg:

The only thing that keeps it alive is gambling. It's dead in the eyes of US sport fans. It is a business though

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: So it looks like Conor McGregor/Floyd Mayweather is going to happen. And I got some advice for you. [Re: Shroomslip]
    #24406743 - 06/14/17 11:49 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomslip said:

For the thread, I'm not really into boxing or MMA or sports of any kind really, but I'm gonna laugh if somehow MMA dude pulls it off. I understand how unlikely that is, but what can I say, sometimes I'm actually an optimist.

I mean it's not like I can say that McGregor has a 0.0000000% chance. All it takes is one, perfectly timed homerun-hail mary shot to change an entire fight. I think Buster Douglas was something like a 50 to 1 underdog when he beat Mike Tyson.

The thing is with Floyd, he's been in the ring professionally 49 times. And won all 49 times. Very few of them were even close. He's widely considered the most prolific defensive boxer in history. Even offensive juggernaut boxers like Manny Pacquiao and Canelo Alvarez (not to mention Oscar De La Hoya, Miguel Cotto, Ricky Hatton, and so on) could barely touch the guy. And these are guys who are leagues above Conor McGregor as a stand up fighter/boxer.

McGregor is in there so it's not impossible, but yes, it is highly, HIGHLY unlikely. And Floyd is like 41, so there's that, too.

--------------------

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male

#24406747 - 06/14/17 11:54 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I would love to see Mayweather slip up and get knocked the fuck out though :lol:  Connor can be a douchebag, but I actively despise Mayweather, at least Connor fights.

Hopefully he slips on some sweat or eats too many tacos and slips in a diarrhea drip, landing face first on a hook

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate