Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Invisiblerelic
of a bygone era
Male

Loc: the right coast
Re: California YES! (v.2.0) [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 3
    #24330217 - 05/18/17 02:20 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

that rhetorical device used so often by trump is now becoming pervasive with his supporters and it's so fucking annoying. 

everybody knows.  many, many people are saying.  everyone has seen it.  the worst of anyone in history.  the best that we've ever seen.  nobody does it better.  it's going to be the best in history.  you've never seen worse, folks. 

it's rhetorical weakness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: California YES! (v.2.0) [Re: relic]
    #24330286 - 05/18/17 02:46 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

relic said:
that rhetorical device used so often by trump is now becoming pervasive with his supporters and it's so fucking annoying. 

everybody knows.  many, many people are saying.  everyone has seen it.  the worst of anyone in history.  the best that we've ever seen.  nobody does it better.  it's going to be the best in history.  you've never seen worse, folks. 

it's rhetorical weakness.

Yeah, it's much better to deny reality and live in a bubble

--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: California YES! (v.2.0) [Re: hostileuniverse] * 3
    #24330342 - 05/18/17 02:58 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

dude. everything you see say is only near and dear to you. you're like stuck or something. almost like your having a stroke.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: California YES! (v.2.0) [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #24331356 - 05/18/17 09:37 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

Kryptos said:
Calexit would lead to a few things:

1) The US would become a permanent red state, as we are already the most conservative developed country. Without Cali and their 55 votes, the US is gonna go full Iran.
2) The economies of both Cali and the US will collapse, at least short term, due to losses in funding for Cali, and losses in tax revenue for the US.
3) Both Cali and the US will end up even more red due to the economic collapse.
4) Economic power vacuum

Your first point could be true, but your second point wouldn't be.  California pays more to the Federal Government than it gets back.  We'd actually come out ahead by splitting off.  And that negates points 3 and 4.

The problem is not one of taxes and funding and what have you, but cohesive economies. The point is that there would have to be some sort of renegotiation period as each country decided what to do with itself. during this time, the US (currently the second biggest economy in the world) and Cali, while it has been making impressive gains lately by jumping into #6, will likely suffer for some time. I'd be expecting the US to land somewhere around #4 or #5, and Cali to drop to #8 or #9. Regardless, I don't see how this negates point 3, because I know you're smart enough to realize that there will at least be a noticeable economic wrinkle, which will cause immediate conservative backlash.

I still don't understand why California would slip at all.  The tax money spent on the military could be used on ourselves instead, making us FAR better off.

Because this is the real world, and nothing happens cleanly or overnight. There are tons of bureaucrats who are likely going to get very cranky when their job starts changing, and they're gonna make a fuss, and then all the tech companies that get military funding (DoD is the *only* reliable source of research funding right now, everything else is getting cut left and right, and has been for a while) are gonna make a fuss, and that will have a negative impact. It will not be fixed overnight. Having seen how society reacts to new things, I doubt it would get smoothed out within a decade. Eventually it will, yes, but not quickly, and definitely not easily.

Money, like mass, has inertia, and lots of money has lots of inertia.

Edited by Kryptos (05/18/17 09:38 PM)

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: California YES! (v.2.0) [Re: Kryptos]
    #24331433 - 05/18/17 10:08 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Doesn't matter how cranky they are.  If we split off, we don't have to pay the military industrial complex anything anymore, unless we want our own military, in which case we decide how much we spend.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: California YES! (v.2.0) [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #24331471 - 05/18/17 10:20 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Trump would let Mexico retake California out of spite.

--------------------

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: California YES! (v.2.0) [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #24332701 - 05/19/17 11:14 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

This whole discussion is irrelevant, it's the dems who would never allow this

--------------------

OfflineCinnamon
Stranger

Loc: Nelson Flag
Re: California YES! (v.2.0) [Re: hostileuniverse] * 1
    #24332753 - 05/19/17 11:38 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
I still don't get the 'shortcoming'.  Over 95% of California's farm workers are immigrants.  If we lose them, our food supply is in trouble.

Are they illegal?

Will this fund only benefit them?

Everyone knows this fund will be used to prevent criminals from being deported. Some find that offensive, some don't. Obviously

Quote:

Of all the people arrested by ICE this year(2017), nearly 75% had a criminal record. In Obama's final year in office, 92% of people arrested by ICE in the country had a criminal record[..]

Perfect example of how USA today/Huff compost/lefty media lies and manipulates data for their readers.

The 92% from Obama's record is because ICE was only permitted to remove immigrants with criminal records and people who "threatened national security and peace" and they only arrested 4,242 of them.

Compared to Trump who arrested over 10,484 in the same span of time.
However, Trump has already deported over 41,000 illegals compared to Obama's 30,000

So how is Trump managing it where Obama couldn't?
Well, Obama only permitted deportation if an illegal was CONVICTED of a crime severe enough, else they'd be "caught and released" as my friend in the FLPD says.

Trump has enacted that an illegal merely be arrested once for a crime to be deported, without trial, as it should be.

Obama literally allowed illegal aliens to commit crimes in the U.S and then be released free to do it over and over as they slip into sanctuary cities.

Idc what side of the fence you're on, that's fucking stupid.
Especially since  getting a U.S visa is a pain in the ass and expensive as shit for everyone else, as I'm finding out.

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: California YES! (v.2.0) [Re: Cinnamon]
    #24347392 - 05/24/17 08:55 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I smell a tax increase!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40031704?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

Quote:

More than a million tonnes of rock and dirt tumbled into the ocean on Saturday, in an area called Mud Creek.
The landslide spans about a third of a mile and has heaped up to 40ft (12m) of debris on the road.
No injuries or property damage were reported.
The California Department of Transportation is working to remove the mountain of rubble from the route, which covers the Big Sur, a major tourist attraction famed for its mountainous coastline.

--------------------

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: California YES! (v.2.0) [Re: hostileuniverse] * 3
    #24347474 - 05/24/17 09:37 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

See what happens when you put liberals in charge?  Landslides!  Thanks Obama!

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains