Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblewolfiewolfie
Just wingin' it.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: The dumbest thing I have ever heard. Seriously... the dumbest. [Re: BlueMillionMiles]
    #24342061 - 05/23/17 02:27 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AlwaysInHarmony said:
Quote:

wolfiewolfie said:

Speaking of jesus and time....

Technically if you don't believe that jesus existed, you can't believe that it is currently the year 2017.

Think about it.

:ohshitman:

--------------------

The only reason why T-rex's can't walk backwards is because they're extinct, which perfectly explains why there are no headaches in the rainforest; The parrots eat 'em all.

My Drawings

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: The dumbest thing I have ever heard. Seriously... the dumbest. [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #24343079 - 05/23/17 01:46 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RJ Tubs 202 said:
Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:

Perhaps you are unaware of the many forms of mental illness. This person is delusional.

But there are millions of delusional people that don't have a "mental illness", right?

A good question! What do you say about a high-functioning schizophrenic who does not decompensate into an incoherent, incapable of surviving street person, but who keeps his auditory or visual hallucinations to himself? These subjective anomalies are still present to him, and he seems somewhat preoccupied with something, maybe he seems a little odd, but he still interacts with socially appropriate affect. Is he mentally ill? What about all those Germans who were church-going, tidy, prompt, and socially appropriate, who jumped on the Nazi bandwagon? Were those HitlerYouth who turned in their dissident parents to the Gestapo child-psychopaths, Antisocial Personality Disordered? Are these diagnostic titles merely provisional names for temporary states? What about trait-conditions? Personality disorders are not states, they're traits of the enduring personality.

Another example: There used to be different descriptions for paranoia in earlier DSM versions. There could be Schizophrenia, Paranoid type, or Paranoid Personality Disorder, of Acute Paranoia resulting from certain drugs like methamphetamine. All paranoia was not a permanent condition of the personality. Delusional thinking can also result from drugs or from shared beliefs, not necessarily religious beliefs, but shared delusions. People develop delusions. We do not consider children delusional after we've taught them about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. Some adults think it's cute that they've deceived their children (since adults no longer believe this cultural delusions). I've shared this before: "Folie à deux (/fɒˈli ə ˈduː/; French pronunciation: ​[fɔli a dø]; French for 'madness of two'), or shared psychosis, is a psychiatric syndrome in which symptoms of a delusional belief and hallucinations are transmitted from one individual to another. The same syndrome shared by more than two people may be called folie à trois, folie à quatre, folie en famille, or even folie à plusieurs ("madness of many"). - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folie_à_deux 

Arguably, religious beliefs can also be seen as mass delusions when they are understood as literal, historical fact. Read as religious myth, religious writings hold as much if not more psychospiritual truth as do dreams, fairytales, and folklore. But understood literally instead of metaphorically, midrashically, mythically, mystically or metaphysically, religious beliefs that contradict scientific fact is pure delusion. In the book of Joshua (10:13), the Sun (and Moon) were said to have stopped their movement in the sky at the request of the prophet. Since this was before any factual knowledge in a Heliocentric solar system, or the certainty that the earth was a sphere, one can almost imagine how people might have believed this. But for us it means that the earth stopped rotating, and then started up again. I am sure there are people today who believe that because the Bible says so. They are delusional IMO.

When else do we deem religious beliefs to be delusional? When they interfere with the lives of those who do not share the same belief? It seems to be like that although in the US we do not vilify all of Christianity because some 'Christian' fanatic murders an abortion doctor for killing 'babies' (embryos). When a Muslim does something equally heinous in the name of Allah, 'Christians' want to vilify all of Islam. There is a house of Hasidic Jews around the corner from me. They still wear these heavy frock coats in Miami, Florida which is hot and humid as a tropical jungle. It was hotter in the local supermarket parking lot than it was in equatorial Nigeria in July when I returned from West Africa! Is that not crazy? What is the thought behind such behavior, visible identity for others? What about the minister who lived next door to my parents who would mow the lawn in the summertime with a shirt and tie?! To me that is equally crazy. What were his thoughts about not wearing a t-shirt or at least removing his tie, I wonder? He would not have been thought of as crazy by most people, just austere perhaps, too modest, maybe even uptight, but not nuts.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: The dumbest thing I have ever heard. Seriously... the dumbest. [Re: LRG]
    #24343172 - 05/23/17 02:13 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Id LOVE to hear his explaination of seasons. And the moon for that matter.

:popcorn:

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

InvisibleSleepwalker
Overshoes

Re: The dumbest thing I have ever heard. Seriously... the dumbest. [Re: wolfiewolfie]
    #24343735 - 05/23/17 05:16 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

wolfiewolfie said:
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

Not many people will dispute Jesus Christ actually existed.

Some certainly will. There is only one reference outside the Bible.

I submit that if we had a time machine, that we could go back in time and not be able to locate such a man as fits the description.

Speaking of jesus and time....

Technically if you don't believe that jesus existed, you can't believe that it is currently the year 2017.

Think about it.

I see somebody else watched Louis CK's new standup special.

Invisiblewolfiewolfie
Just wingin' it.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: The dumbest thing I have ever heard. Seriously... the dumbest. [Re: Sleepwalker]
    #24343776 - 05/23/17 05:27 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

^^^ haha on to it :wink:

--------------------

The only reason why T-rex's can't walk backwards is because they're extinct, which perfectly explains why there are no headaches in the rainforest; The parrots eat 'em all.

My Drawings

OfflineLRG
Supernaut
Male
Re: The dumbest thing I have ever heard. Seriously... the dumbest. [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #24344236 - 05/23/17 08:04 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Id LOVE to hear his explaination of seasons. And the moon for that matter.

:popcorn:

Mine?

Easy. The Earth orbits around the Sun and rotates itself on an axis. The axis of the Earth affects the time at which different regions on the Earth experience the "seasons." Like how in Australia right now they are experiencing their Autumn, I think, and in America we are just getting into Summer.

The Moon? There are a few theories how it came to be. I think the most logical one is it was a part of the Earth that broke off due to an asteroid impact when the Earth was young. Some people think the Moon is hollow and holds an alien base. Some people think there was a time on Earth where there was no Moon. Meh. Also, pretty sure the Earth can attribute much of it's beneficial axis to the Moon itself.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on proper grammar usage and the effects of spellchecking your work as it pertains to the level of education of a certain individual when questioning that of another. Yea... I went there.

--------------------
"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.” - Gandalf The Grey.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

"I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagle's wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm HAMMERED DRUNK!" - Cal Naughton Jr. AKA The Magic Man. Abracadabra homes!

"Each tear is a drop of poison released." - Anonymous

"Could it be you're afraid of what your friends might say if they knew you believe in God above? They should realize before they criticize that God is the only way to Love."

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
    #24344730 - 05/23/17 11:45 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LRG said:

I'd love to hear your thoughts on proper grammar usage and the effects of spellchecking your work as it pertains to the level of education of a certain individual when questioning that of another. Yea... I went there.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #24345855 - 05/24/17 11:38 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Uhhh...i meant your coworker. Were not talking about u here, your coworker...

Thats the subject of the thread is it not?

OfflineLRG
Supernaut
Male
Re: The dumbest thing I have ever heard. Seriously... the dumbest. [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #24346458 - 05/24/17 03:22 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
Uhhh...i meant your coworker. Were not talking about u here, your coworker...

Thats the subject of the thread is it not?

Sorry.:rolleyes:

I saw the topic turn into more about Jesus and whatnot rather than the OP. I can get a little testy at times when I see that happen, sorry :facepalm3:.

--------------------
"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.” - Gandalf The Grey.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

"I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagle's wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm HAMMERED DRUNK!" - Cal Naughton Jr. AKA The Magic Man. Abracadabra homes!

"Each tear is a drop of poison released." - Anonymous

"Could it be you're afraid of what your friends might say if they knew you believe in God above? They should realize before they criticize that God is the only way to Love."

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom