Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMrPeanutButta
Stranger

Re: Mushrooms usage during breastfeeding period: personal experience [Re: otherwhitemeat]
    #14609275 - 06/13/11 10:20 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

The way I see it; do what you want to do. It all comes down to motive. If you are indeed legitimately using the mushrooms for a purpose such as a change in perspective or to reflect then I say go for it as long as you take precautions such as waiting to feed the baby the breast milk for a period of time.

On the other hand if you are simply using them to trip for fun on top of various other drugs then it starts to become selfish. The question that I have out of pure curiousity is why? Why would you need to trip so bad that you couldn't wait a little while?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyabbahabba
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms usage during breastfeeding period: personal experience [Re: levprav]
    #14609808 - 06/14/11 12:08 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

What would be way more beneficial than basically feeding your baby psilocybin is to be on low doses of psilocybin so you're more on the baby's level...

I believe responsible parents responsibly "buzzed" on low doses of shroomies is a fantastic thing to do as a (male) parent, especially the way things are now... so easy to fall into negativity, not paying attention to details, getting a bad attitude when you're inconvenienced. 

I give that the thumbs up, but if you're giving your baby healthy milk, that's the best you can do. Once he/she can eat, making your own baby food out of organic foods in a blender is the best you can do. Once this little being starts to get a grasp on the learning process.... very low doses for the father, you will be a better parent for it. I know a male who spent a crucial phase of their child's development on lsd for two months straight.  Kid is fucking tops and drops jaws.

OfflineOneU
Re: Mushrooms usage during breastfeeding period: personal experience [Re: MrPeanutButta]
    #14609826 - 06/14/11 12:11 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Don't do it. If you must, or feel drawn to do so, give the baby formula for 1-4 weeks (4 being the safest but pump your breats in that one week to make sure the milk is being taken out of your milk glands).

As for the person saying kids are always tripping so it's ok, I would disregard that post. This isn't just about psychology but about mental growth and maturation. The chemicals can have a major impact on the brain and cause future problems.

Either don't do it because of the love and care you have for the child (which would be 1-3 years from now) or do it but please do it safely.

Don't bring innocent children in the way of your choices :-(

OfflineBohemianLotus
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms usage during breastfeeding period: personal experience [Re: StarLady]
    #22716854 - 12/30/15 12:44 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Thank-you, I am considering this after breastfeeding for 18 months now, not stopping soon.  Thanks so much for the rational defence of this mother who is like me, I needed to read something that didn't say I was a bad mom for even considering this, wow, some people,  likely the same people who would recommend I vaccinate but automatically assume this cannot be done responsibly.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Mushrooms usage during breastfeeding period: personal experience [Re: BohemianLotus]
    #22717688 - 12/30/15 05:20 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

So many people seem to assume the OP wants to trip around her kid when it has been stated at least a few times a baby sitter will be involved.

That and a solid break to allow it out of her system leaves no real issues :shrug:

So many parents do worse to their children regularly that getting offended by this is ridiculous...

The shitty food schools feed kids almost certainly makes a bigger impact on a child's development then this...

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

OfflineGuevara1928
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms usage during breastfeeding period: personal experience [Re: musiclover420]
    #24303370 - 05/07/17 09:28 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

I really did not expect so much judgement from this forum. Let's not forget how old this medicine is and the tribes who consumed this (Including children) for spiritual guidance.

Let's not forget about how doctors used Psilocybin & LSD to CURE young children with mental disorders such as schizophrenia, Depression, Bi-polar disorder etc.

I know this post isn't about giving it directly to your children and those aren't her intentions but to sh*t on her for wanting to go on a little spiritual adventure, judging her to be a bad or irresponsible parent!?

I say plan it out, Store enough breast milk for a 5 days tops since it can be detected in your system via urine for that long. You can probably get back to breast feeding sooner than 5 days but I'd say 5 just to be on the safe side. Take that adventure but you need to mentally prepare yourself first since you might have all these thoughts running through your mind and it could make it for an unpleasant trip.

P.S. Chill the f*ck out people..

OfflineCrackingTheCode
Miss The Donald yet?
 User Gallery
Re: Mushrooms usage during breastfeeding period: personal experience [Re: Guevara1928]
    #24304178 - 05/08/17 08:50 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Cool, let's dose 10g, go back in time and let them know it's cool! :tongue:

OP - trip report from 6 years ago? :smile:

OfflineAtomHeart
MK Ultra Operative
Male

Re: Mushrooms usage during breastfeeding period: personal experience [Re: Guevara1928]
    #24304179 - 05/08/17 08:51 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

The kid in question has probably graduated from college by now.  Lol.

--------------------
You once ripped a man's jaw off...I seent it!

OfflineGuevara1928
Stranger
Re: Mushrooms usage during breastfeeding period: personal experience [Re: CrackingTheCode]
    #24304339 - 05/08/17 10:06 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

Ha, That comment is for any Mom curious about mushroom consumption and breast feeding. I'm pretty sure she's not the only Mom questioning this..

Lol @AtomHeart

Edited by Guevara1928 (05/08/17 10:07 AM)

OfflineTheLizardQueen
Stranger

#24309111 - 05/10/17 08:47 AM (6 years, 11 months ago)

I'm a mother breast feeding a 7 week old baby, I hail from WONDERFUL TROPICAL SOUTH TEXAS, and mushroom season is amongst us. I've searched this forum curious about the experience of breast feeding and shrooming at the same time because I love my child. This women loves her child too and y'all are fucked up for calling her a bad mom.. I haven't breastfed after taking mushrooms so I can't offer any experience but if I was going to do it, I would wait until I was done breast feeding. Simply because the unknowns are too much for me to risk. With that said, I do smoke weed and breast feed. My children are happy and smart. Developing right on schedule. So idk... I guess it's what ever your conscience will allow you to do. I have heard that 1% of what you take gets into your breast milk..... That's not very much! Curiously, I've tested my child's urine with a thc strip I got from the dollar store my baby tested negative, I of course tested positive. So idk man I don't think it will affect your milk supply. But weed and shrooms are different. You smoke weed, you eat mushrooms. This is the debate I've had with myself that won't let me shroom and breast feed at the same time.
Best of luck to you mama
Xo, Lizard

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Mushrooms usage during breastfeeding period: personal experience [Re: TheLizardQueen]
    #24310075 - 05/10/17 03:12 PM (6 years, 11 months ago)

I agree it's pretty sad how close minded and judgemental this forum can be.

It's not like anyone was advocating giving drugs to kids.

In fact it sounds like it was well thought out and probably more responsible then many people without kids...

With all the hippy parents around here kids eating drugs isn't too uncommon.

I knew some people that had to get their child's stomach pumped because she found their mushroom chocolates... At least they were smart enough to bring her to the ER though.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

OfflineTheGirlLoves420
Goddess
Female User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Mushrooms usage during breastfeeding period: personal experience [Re: musiclover420]
    #24345931 - 05/24/17 12:08 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I have a 4 month old (exclusively breastfed) and am also considering shrooming. But I am in an intense battle with myself internally over this topic and am trying to find FACTS. I just can't seem to find any factual data and unfortunately there was never an after trip report.

--------------------
Mist, Fan, Repeat

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates