Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBrewmaster
Mescalero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Richmond Flag
Cod Fish (from supermarket).......Always "fishy" smelling???
    #24338520 - 05/21/17 05:11 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Is Cod generally a stinky fish? I don't travel to the other side of town to my "fish guy" for cheap stuff and it seems like every time I want to fry some fish an' chips; the cod perfumes the whole damn house.

Just askin'

--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshroomer1234567
 User Gallery

Re: Cod Fish (from supermarket).......Always "fishy" smelling??? [Re: Brewmaster] * 1
    #24338535 - 05/21/17 05:16 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Omg! I used to love supermarket fish until I started to work for FedEx an the NZ FedEx associate. Now I won't touch the shit as I've seen it sit in the depot unrefrigerated for 4 days then get taken to the supermarket where they accepted it!! The fishy smell will be as its old fresh fish doesn't have any fishy smell
But yeah I no longer trust supermarket fish I've seen some dodgy shit in the post game

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: Cod Fish (from supermarket).......Always "fishy" smelling??? [Re: Brewmaster]
    #24363156 - 05/30/17 07:34 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I will always remember every time a TV chef would say "smell your fish, it should smell like the ocean".  Well I lived near the ocean and it stinks most of the time like rotten kelp and fish. 

That said, its sometimes more about the color, feel and slime on fish rather than the smell which determines its freshness.  Cod never comes with eyes or gills but the white marks along the fillet will sometimes have a brown tinge to them and that is an indication that its not so fresh.

I have had cod come in rotten with no smell and iv'e seen smelly cod that was cut fresh.  Sea Bass is another stinky fish.    Sometimes some fish can smell like fish and still be good.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Invisibleshroomer1234567
 User Gallery

Re: Cod Fish (from supermarket).......Always "fishy" smelling??? [Re: GabbaDj]
    #24363618 - 05/30/17 09:46 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

GabbaDj said:
  Well I lived near the ocean and it stinks most of the time like rotten kelp and fish. 

That sounds like 1 polluted as fuck ocean.. But then I'm from NZ so I wouldn't know our beaches are mostly clean. (Not for long know we so overpopulated tho)

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: Cod Fish (from supermarket).......Always "fishy" smelling??? [Re: shroomer1234567]
    #24363643 - 05/30/17 09:56 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

To be clear I wouldn't say that the ocean along California smells rotten.. It just has a scent, one that is unique and isn't all that great.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

OfflineBrewmaster
Mescalero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Richmond Flag
Re: Cod Fish (from supermarket).......Always "fishy" smelling??? [Re: GabbaDj]
    #24365093 - 05/31/17 12:03 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, the beaches of New Jersey and North Carolina have quite a different scent.

I got to swim in the Pacific for the first time last year and drove Rt 1 from L.A. to Portland. Took in the whole coast. I definitely thought it smelled different than the Atlantic....less fishy, more foggy.:smile:
Up north in the redwoods was my favorite.

--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

InvisibleLIBERTYNY
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Cod Fish (from supermarket).......Always "fishy" smelling??? [Re: Brewmaster]
    #24445918 - 06/29/17 10:15 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

By me grocery store fish always sucks

Some fish markets are great others suck.

In my experiance if fish smells fishy its bad,  It should smell more salty than fish but the odour can be overpowered by other fish around and even the dumpster no matter how far away.

OfflineSteevo
Just a cog in the death wheel
 User Gallery

Loc: Here and There
Re: Cod Fish (from supermarket).......Always "fishy" smelling??? [Re: LIBERTYNY]
    #24471230 - 07/09/17 09:01 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

Cod does have a strong smell and wild fish will generally have a stronger taste. It makes all the difference in the world when you're buying from a reputable store though

--------------------

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Cod Fish (from supermarket).......Always "fishy" smelling??? [Re: Steevo]
    #24500775 - 07/22/17 12:54 PM (6 years, 8 months ago)

When you catch a fish or have a living one it has no smell, just like a human or any other animal (besides slight body odor or environmental contaminants). The fishy smell is caused breakdown products from bacteria degrading it, namely amines. The less smell your fish has the fresher it is.

OfflinelillFish
Daydreamer
Female User Gallery

Loc: Recliner Flag
Re: Cod Fish (from supermarket).......Always "fishy" smelling??? [Re: krypto2000]
    #24564465 - 08/19/17 07:25 AM (6 years, 7 months ago)

If someone fries cod in the house, it makes everything smell a rancid fishy smell.

--------------------
My Wish & Trade list

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale