Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlinefuzzysig
user

how to have advantage in every situation?
    #24333971 - 05/19/17 07:35 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

are there any good bock on the topic (is advantage the right word for it?)

for example. some people seem to always be in control of the situation and the immediate surroundings or whatever is going on in their life
where they ae always able to turn almost any situation to their advantage whether it be an argument with wife or something at work or any other random event...

while others always manage to be at a disadvantage almost all the time.

i know alot of sucessfull people have that skill
tony robbins and other motivational speakers.

especially grant cardone seems like he is the guy that would be very good at having things flow the way he wants it regardless of what or who

trump would be probably another great example..(i dont care if you like him or not as a president im using him as an example)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineUsernameser
Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: fuzzysig]
    #24334006 - 05/19/17 07:52 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Respect

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: fuzzysig] * 2
    #24334069 - 05/19/17 08:14 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fuzzysig said:
seem

this is the word you should be most concerned with

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

OfflineBrendanFlock
Stranger
Male

Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: demiu5]
    #24334359 - 05/19/17 10:15 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Ok Satanism..

And God as a religion..

Either of those and your good..!

OfflineBrendanFlock
Stranger
Male

Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: BrendanFlock]
    #24334362 - 05/19/17 10:16 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

or Thelema..the idea that your true will is the most potent and best factor for success and appraisal/approval

OfflineBrendanFlock
Stranger
Male

Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: BrendanFlock]
    #24334364 - 05/19/17 10:17 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

i do want to expand my notion of taking advantage./.

First is to be aware of all the degrees of Freedom that you have..

Next is to apply them all ..

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: fuzzysig] * 1
    #24334873 - 05/20/17 04:28 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Based on your examples it seems like you're asking how to develop a narcissistic personality disorder and contrasting it with borderline personality disorder.

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

InvisiblePhantomFrequency
Adventures of Ideas

Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: Rahz]
    #24334902 - 05/20/17 05:05 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

how good at widening your perspective are you?

the bigger you make your picture, the easier everything, good, bad, and ugly, fits in.

funny how that just turns itself into a perspective though, huh?

don't buy self help books.  buy philosophy books to develop your logic and perspective.

--------------------

"Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play."

-Heraclitus

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#24335232 - 05/20/17 09:19 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

pay attention and keep a sense of humor but respect everyone

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleGreen7Alchemist
Draco
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mayami
Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #24335437 - 05/20/17 11:13 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I think he's referring to people who in their everyday life "seem" to have the upper hand, quick for a solution in a conversation or always position themselves in a prime spot.

its a lot of ego and scheming, you really don't want to be that type of person, humbleness and an open mind to another is a better way of life, though harder. you will ultimately  see that their temporary success is not to compare to your lasting success.

--------------------
Trip 7
THUG - ISLAM - BIBLE
streets disciple
CHRIST IS KING.

Sunshine said: "Gangsters are super heroes"

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: Green7Alchemist] * 1
    #24335477 - 05/20/17 11:40 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

What I mean is that you won't have an upper hand by trying to do that, but you will seem to have it and effectively live the benefit of having it by being respectful, relaxed and attentive.

i.e. the upper hand is not a goal at all - if you reach for it it will elude you

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinebeforethedawn
Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #24336161 - 05/20/17 04:53 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe see if anything is important.

Also some people are just naturally more confident because they've learnt to trust their high intelligence or talent(s).

Many highly intelligent people may not even be confident externally but internally they have it all worked out.

...or they might have a disorder that externally disempowers them but internally they are with it, quite with it. Ahead of it.

Beware these people!

They will be Tony Robbins in due time.

--------------------
Hostile humankind
Can't you see you're fucking blind?

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #24336450 - 05/20/17 06:41 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

are there any good bock...

I recommend Flensburger Winterbock. :cheers:

--------------------

Invisibleoontribe
Male User Gallery
Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #24336960 - 05/20/17 11:24 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

You can't control anything but yourself and how you react.

And it's a cycle, sometimes things goes in your favor other times not.

OfflineGrandPoobah
HNIC

Loc: The Dirty
Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: oontribe] * 1
    #24337383 - 05/21/17 06:36 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I would suggest the 30 rock idea: make sure you are peeling a fruit during negotiations. Then they will truely understand how little of a fuck you give

--------------------
"Niggas in the Point ain't changed" -Andre

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: fuzzysig] * 2
    #24339451 - 05/22/17 12:35 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fuzzysig said:

for example. some people seem to always be in control of the situation and the immediate surroundings or whatever is going on in their life
where they ae always able to turn almost any situation to their advantage whether it be an argument with wife or something at work or any other random event...

especially grant cardone seems like he is the guy that would be very good at having things flow the way he wants it regardless of what or who

trump would be probably another great example..(i dont care if you like him or not as a president im using him as an example)

Consider rising above this petty dichotomy, above a 3rd chakra mentality of Inferiority vs. Superiority. You are describing the Manipura chakra's "Will-to-Power," a Nietzschean notion explicated by the Individual Psychology of Alfred Adler. In that world there will ALWAYS be greater and lesser. A Trump, for all his money will still envy a Bill Gates. The process is endlessly insatiable and a losing battle. Nobody wins 100% of the time in that game. In fact, what you are describing sounds a lot like the "Hog in Trough" game described by Robert de Ropp in The Master Game. It is a "low game."  https://www.livereal.com/spiritual_arena/spiritual_members/master_game.htm

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Adventures of Ideas

Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #24339727 - 05/22/17 04:55 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Trump's "will to power" is in authority over others, power over money, power over conservative ideals.  In that way, it is a misplaced "will to power" or what Nietzsche would consider a form of it for weak men.

Im not trying to defend Nietzsche here (wait, yes I am), but I do think his concept of "will to power" is something that, although it lies in a dichotomy, he considered a singular force.  the force of the entire universe, not just of human beings.

the insatiableness is, in a way, the spark that keeps life going.  maybe we can have "misplaced" insatiableness, but to completely annihilate it....he would say is impossible and a form of nihilism. 

I clicked on that link, I like how he puts that.  I think Nietzsche and de Ropp would agree on "the master game" as the game with integrity, although they would use different language to describe it.

--------------------

"Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play."

-Heraclitus

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
    #24341917 - 05/22/17 11:51 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fuzzysig said:

. . . some people seem to always be in control of the situation and the immediate surroundings or whatever is going on in their life

Your brain might jump to this assumption, but Grant Cardon and Tony Robbins wouldn't agree.

To be wise is to be flexible and not strongly attached to outcomes. We must know when to quit.

Invisiblewolfiewolfie
Just wingin' it.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
    #24342056 - 05/23/17 02:17 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fuzzysig said:
some people seem to always be in control of the situation and the immediate surroundings or whatever is going on in their life

There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes in everyone's lives that people are usually unaware of. IMO, the 'types' of people you describe here are just better than others at broadcasting their success and hiding their failure. It's like if their life was a movie, they only show the highlight reel. Using the information avaliable your mind creates an 'image' of this person that may or may not be accurate.

As for having the advantage, personally I have found that being able to change your perspective on any given situation to be very advantageous.

--------------------

The only reason why T-rex's can't walk backwards is because they're extinct, which perfectly explains why there are no headaches in the rainforest; The parrots eat 'em all.

My Drawings

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: MarkostheGnostic] * 1
    #24342063 - 05/23/17 02:29 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Quote:

fuzzysig said:

Consider rising above this petty dichotomy, above a 3rd chakra mentality of Inferiority vs. Superiority. You are describing the Manipura chakra's "Will-to-Power," a Nietzschean notion explicated by the Individual Psychology of Alfred Adler. In that world there will ALWAYS be greater and lesser. A Trump, for all his money will still envy a Bill Gates. The process is endlessly insatiable and a losing battle. Nobody wins 100% of the time in that game. In fact, what you are describing sounds a lot like the "Hog in Trough" game described by Robert de Ropp in The Master Game. It is a "low game."  https://www.livereal.com/spiritual_arena/spiritual_members/master_game.htm

The behavior sounds very anal, territorial to me..... Like a homeless person saying "at least I'm not a god damn faggot"....  Like Freud, unable to understand where he was stuck in rational, time bound, semantics....  Freud, coke habit....  Nietzsche suffered numerous physical ailments and self-medicated with everything from opiates, to hash, to sedatives.... complete blackouts... Awe inspiring minds, doesn't mean anyone wants to completely buy into their belief system.....

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

InvisibleBlueMillionMiles
Heavily Metaled
Female

#24342067 - 05/23/17 02:40 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

demieu5 was right on the money, I think. "Seem" is is the operative word. But if you're asking for books, one of the greatest books I ever read was The Power of Now. There were definitely some huge ideas in there that blew my mind and ultimately changed my life. Read it slow, though. It's deep.

Here's one of my favorite quotes:

“Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”

--------------------
Intellectual property & copyright laws took care of the privileged few,  while we just pay more for less shit, have no privacy, and can't scratch our ass without a follow-up targeted ad for over-priced hemorrhoid cream.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: PhantomFrequency]
    #24343252 - 05/23/17 02:32 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

The Will-to-Power can easily be attributed to the psychology of Power that Yoga psychology described centuries ago. The Manipura chakra (note the Indo-European root from Manipura to the English word Manipulation) is spoken of in metaphysical terms in Sir John Woodruff's book The Serpent Power as the energy which 'destroys the world by fire and rebuilds it in one's own image.' In a word: Holocaust! There is a Ram, the sign of Aries at the center of the chakra symbol - Hitler's astronomical sign! Further, there is a triangle around the Ram (also the seed-syllable of that center) and along the arms of the triangle, 3 swastikas!

For a man who doesn't read, Trump apparently keeps a book about Hitler in his bedroom. He probably identifies with Hitler to a certain extent based on things he's said, and it is clear that he has a fascist and dictatorial demeanor. Trump is a 3rd chakra psychology, with sex in the service of Power, NOT love. Supposedly Nietzsche was grieved that his work was appropriated by the Nazis, but who can tell of his state of mind affected as it apparently was by tertiary syphilis? Alfred Adler rendered Nietzsche's philosophy into the school of Individual Psychology. The Nietzschean/Adlerian type can range from everyday petty tyrants in the workplace to a Hitler or an Atilla the Hun.

As to de Ropp, the Master Game itself (following the book), has been a huge influence in my life. For example, I have forsworn the "Neutral game" of family-raising as a consequence of my own character, but my choice was clarified by de Ropp. I have never been drawn to the "Lower Games."

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
    #24343511 - 05/23/17 04:01 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

fuzzysig said:

Beware the false prophets.

You owe it to yourself to review your assets and inspirations.

It is the desperate Dark Voice which speaks of only in a game where winning, stripped of the delusion, is actually losing.

These people are in a condition of endless fight and constant disease.

'Success' comes from recognition of the next person as yourself and providing universal worth.

Edited by Duncan Rowhl (05/23/17 04:09 PM)

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24343610 - 05/23/17 04:43 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

there is no such thing as always winning.

you have been bamboozled by the tony robbins types
he wouldn’t last long in many situations
as a hell’s angle
on a silent meditation retreat
as a college professor
in the marines

you have also ignored that everyones ages, gets sick at times, hurts, and eventually dies

you have also ignored that intelligence and other talents are largely genetic, there are no tricks you do to become or get a movie star face, or a pro wrestler’s body, or basketball players body, and neither is suited to the others situation.

There is no such thing as always winning.
realizing this is a sign of maturity and enables one to develop more worthwhile traits of character.

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: laughingdog]
    #24343864 - 05/23/17 05:51 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

People are convinced that the lives of others are in perfect order because the people that they observe are very selective and specific in their presentation. 

Our best is what we promote publically and we only tend to reveal the bad, which eventually leads to a good, just to commend ourselves for it, akin to the an ex smoker looking for approval.

By this same principle, we can browse someone's profile (on Facebook and similar) and reach the conclusion that their lives are perfect through having viewed a series of pictures which show only good times.  We are viewers of a select presentation.

The truth is, everyone's got their 'bad' and public appearances are the least dependable metric of measuring a persons wellbeing.  Those 'in power' use this principle as a means to paint themselves up to further empower their control.

The good news is, if we steer clear of the false game, truth lets us refine our intuitation and we can recognise the insincere people who are involved in the false game at a glance.  We stand on mountains whilst the lost are selling soil in the pits trying to build the Tower of Babel.

Personal 'Empowerment' videos are growing in popularity by the day since the growth of video websites and they are being used in many cases for insincere, selfish means, whereas years ago, we only had Opera Winfrey who could be tuned out with the click of a button.

Fortitude and awareness! :thumbup:

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: Duncan Rowhl]
    #24344724 - 05/23/17 11:43 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Duncan Rowhl said:

People are convinced that the lives of others are in perfect order because the people that they observe are very selective and specific in their presentation. 

People are often obsessed with comparison. It is the primary job of the ego.

Many people say, "I hate Facebook" because the comparison demon haunts them.

No person on Facebook promotes a perfect life. People project perfection onto them.

Adventures of Ideas

Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #24345071 - 05/24/17 04:19 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Supposedly Nietzsche was grieved that his work was appropriated by the Nazis, but who can tell of his state of mind affected as it apparently was by tertiary syphilis?

he spoke out against anti-Semitism. 

"An anti-smite is certainly no better (than a christian) because he lies as a matter of principle"

and spoke more about the strength of the Jewish culture through history (mostly in "the antichrist" but also in "beyond good and evil")

"The jews have experienced wrath differently from us and pronounced it holy; for they have seen the sullen majesty of man, joined with which it manifested itself, in their midst at a height that a European is not able to imagine; they have formed their wrathful holy Jehovah after their wrathful holy prophets.  Measured against them, the great wroth ones among the Europeans are quasi second hand creatures"

I could go on, but those seem appropriate for now.

his sister was a nazi, and when he died, she published most of his notes and unfinished works, with heavy editing (until Walter kaufmann came around to fix it) to make it seem as though his "will to power" and his "master race" ideas were able to be appropriated by the nazi party.

he had his issues for sure...I can't get down with all of his ideas, and I don't think he has a completed thought system like a lot of other philosophers.  he was a necessary evil to the modern world, helping us to push things that were already falling down.

the main problem I have with him is he never gets out of his "nobility vs plebeians" grounding for individuals (again this was not based on race, but social rank in a kind of way).  he over rides it a lot, but it pops up in every book in one way or another.  He really did believe that no matter what, humanity required a sort of "herd" of masses to mindlessly carry on the foundation of culture (retail, city work, you know "lowly" occupations) as it has all though history.  He didn't think of it like slavery though, it was just a condition of them as people that they were not "strong enough" (in spirit and in ability to think) to break out of the "common" life.

edit: he did not derive "the will to power" from a yoga book, and I've read all but 2 of his books, and never saw the word "chakra" so I doubt he "derived" it from some ancient lore.  you need to read "beyond good and evil" for the EXACT dialectic he uses to discover the will to power.  it is historically relevevant, but its much more universal than any single religion or tradition could encompass because he uses all of them as examples for it.  he would argue the "will to power" is what the ancients used to come up with yoga instead.

I don't want to make it seem like I'm some Nietzschean flag holder, because like I said, I have a fundamental problem with his grounding for people, but I do think a lot of his ideas are still relevant today.  he also influenced Jung and Freud (according to them, not just historians)

--------------------

-Heraclitus

Edited by PhantomFrequency (05/24/17 04:47 AM)

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: RJ Tubs 202]
    #24345144 - 05/24/17 05:44 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RJ Tubs 202 said:
No person on Facebook promotes a perfect life. People project perfection onto them.

Many people say, "I hate Facebook" because the comparison demon haunts them.

People promote 'perfect lives' to those people who share the same perspective of what a 'perfect life' is.

Everyone, who pertains to a different paradigm, has their own ideals and people will and do, make conscious efforts to appeal to their demographic.  For the same reason, people are reprimanded for presenting themselves unsuitably to their demographic.

Every person has their show and there's always someone there to provide it. Intention towards receiver.

Many people simply don't like comparison because they encounter incompatible demographics.

Edited by Duncan Rowhl (05/24/17 06:04 AM)

OfflineBig Worm
Perf
 User Gallery

#24345173 - 05/24/17 06:12 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

OP

Your post reminds me of

The 48 Laws of Power
by Robert Greene

--------------------

Adventures of Ideas

Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: Big Worm]
    #24345219 - 05/24/17 06:39 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

you could also just flip the question around and instead ask "what kind of advantage can I add to this situation?"

you are as much a part of the "situation" as the "situation" is a part of you.

--------------------

-Heraclitus

Invisibleremake
Male

Loc: South Africa Flag
Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: PhantomFrequency]
    #24345257 - 05/24/17 07:08 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

You'd want to be aware of and have control over yourself, not other people. That road will only lead to frustration. See yourself as a being within a shared place. Not a voice within an event of time. People often act as ideas and not really as real people.

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: PhantomFrequency] * 1
    #24345265 - 05/24/17 07:12 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

in order to win someone else must lose

the capitalist system
and in particular America today
is obsessed with this coarse paradigm

a subtler paradigm is to realize oneness

to need to always win is a gangster mentality
and the fascination with it betrays
inner feelings ( possibly repressed) of being a loser

learning to deal with such feelings
is to "win the inner battle"

life is paradoxical
(the paradigm of 'always  having advantage' by contrast is only 2 dimensional)
hence one could say
only those who are too stupid to know they are stupid
can always win

this is usually phrased more charitably
as
"ignorance is bliss"
any junkie can "achieve" this

"always having advantage" is for junkies, babies, gangsters, the military mind, politicians and other such simple minded folk.

Invisibleremake
Male

Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: laughingdog]
    #24345302 - 05/24/17 07:33 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I think its quite unfair to yourself and others to summarise the notions of anyone in such a manner though.

A way of life is for each and every person to their own. Observing then challenging words, and adding a face to them are two different things.

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: remake]
    #24345393 - 05/24/17 08:17 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Needing to always win vs not playing the game is a false dichotomy. Unless one has a caretaker and is cloistered we all play these games. Win some loose some. Do the best you can with what you've got and be okay with it. I think a lot of people manage that.

--------------------
rahz

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Edited by Rahz (05/24/17 09:21 AM)

Invisibleremake
Male

#24345450 - 05/24/17 08:41 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Well you can choose to calm your desires and be content with little, and realize that you are the observer of the words being spoken not necessarily the definition of them. Most people who do try to overthrow an individual play a shallow game with the purpose of heaving a heavy weight onto their conscience so as to get what they want. Once you are able to pick up on these notions it's quite easy to recognize who's playing or maintaining a facade and who's being honest. Seeing without assessing individuals based on appearance is the first step to recognize the twisted nature in the battle of right and wrong, good and bad, top and bottom.

The fact is survival. People treat eachother like objects.

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#24345586 - 05/24/17 09:34 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

The fact is survival. People treat eachother like objects.

Again, a false dichotomy to suggest they must be inclusive of each other, or to suggest a person must be content with little to be happy, or that some games are "higher" than others. It's not whether one chooses to play a game but whether it's played in good faith. Winning at all cost is not the only standard a person may choose to apply. I think perhaps those prone to such ideals have something in common with those who would rather not play at all, but in saying that I should also suggest that polarity represents two ends of a spectrum. Both see the middle ground as undesirable. For such people it can seem almost inconceivable that someone may find enjoyment and meaning there. Not everyone is thoroughly disgusted with life.

--------------------
rahz

Invisibleremake
Male

#24345600 - 05/24/17 09:42 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Being content with little and to be unconcerned about others opinions or views of yourself opens pathways and decisions that would otherwise not be easily seen or conceived of. Thus allowing one to enjoy life itself and not be concerned with the image of yourself within the eyes of others. Making your work and time work for you and not the other way around.

I was in a hurry with the previous post but, I meant, that some people will toy with the idea of what they think a certain person is without concern for them actually being complex individuals and having reason for being where they are in life and understanding that if you were that person atom for atom you'd be exactly there. To escape this pattern is to become aware that we do have a choice to "defy" "reality"(which is in any case limited by the awareness of the malleable nature of ideas) and rise above our current circumstance, and that this would be a unique choice for each individual alone to cater for - living - a life they themselves find meaningful and fulfilling.

Obviously playing games in good faith is like having a good time I guess. But there's also a difference between trying to do your best, and trying to be THE best. The same for being yourself vs. undermining others.

Edited by remake (05/24/17 05:26 PM)

Offlinefuzzysig
user

#24347303 - 05/24/17 08:20 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

great responces thank you

i didnt mean advantage as in taking advantage of of people
i mean as not being taken advantage of.

i dont really know how to properly word it
maybe to reserve? an upper hand if needed in a situation
if anyone watch white collar tv show? not that i aim to be as good as Neil Caffrey but to give you an idea of what im talking about

Invisiblewolfiewolfie
Just wingin' it.
Male User Gallery

#24347331 - 05/24/17 08:31 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Do you mean how to not be the victim in situations?

--------------------

The only reason why T-rex's can't walk backwards is because they're extinct, which perfectly explains why there are no headaches in the rainforest; The parrots eat 'em all.

My Drawings

InvisibleBlueMillionMiles
Heavily Metaled
Female

Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: wolfiewolfie]
    #24347725 - 05/25/17 12:09 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy.

Doing this allows you to use all situations, good and bad, to your advantage. Walk in love, always, but learn how to turn bad or uncomfortable situations into blessings. There is always a lesson or blessing-- ALWAYS. In this way you take control over that which would have controlled you.

--------------------
Intellectual property & copyright laws took care of the privileged few,  while we just pay more for less shit, have no privacy, and can't scratch our ass without a follow-up targeted ad for over-priced hemorrhoid cream.

InvisiblePsychonott
Stranger
Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: BlueMillionMiles]
    #24348443 - 05/25/17 08:52 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Work on raising your conciousness and being more mindful

Then study logic and etymology

You will then be able to indetify the levels in which people are at before they and do and manipulate situations to your favor

--------------------
Enlils true purpose is to get us off topic and to cast enough logical doubts so that outsiders viewing this would be more likely to side with his fake opinions rather than our or sometimes controlled opppsotions opinions.

You see if you are too skilled at not falling for their traps and stating logically sound debunks then other accounts who purposefully agree with 90% of the truth join in and get the entire topic off the main points.

It's their 1960s version of damage control and diversion but man it's painfully obvious in 2017

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#24348876 - 05/25/17 12:27 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

I meant, that some people will toy with the idea of what they think a certain person is without concern for them actually being complex individuals

Agreed, and it's typical but that doesn't mean competition is inherently bad. I think that alternatively people often tend to think everyone should just get along when survival and natural selection is part of our nature. It's not natural to extend intimate bonds and group alliances to everyone. Respecting one's opponents and desiring to not have opponents are two different things. That's what I mean by playing in good faith and isn't restricted to having a good time though I don't disagree with most of the points you make.

--------------------
rahz

Invisibleremake
Male

#24349113 - 05/25/17 02:14 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I think the idea of natural selection and survival of the fittest is quite a lazy conclusion to our actual experience concerning the fact that we can be aware of our social assumptions and die them down to the point of making precise, authentic and isolated modes of action.

It's a case of perhaps observing that, for instance, you enter a room full of people, you are in the room but can decide to be part of the 'mind' of the room or simply see the room for what it is, a room full of people who are not seeing from your vantage point which is unique.

From this point we can know that all the people in the room have their own unique vantage point.

The only thing we do have in common is the fact that we are all in the room. Our ideas of what it means to be in the room are in of itself delusions. What is real is the next action we can all, if we were mature enough, determine so as to collectively bring into fruition the best possible physical action for all of us collectively.

An orgy.

Edited by remake (05/25/17 02:22 PM)

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#24349769 - 05/25/17 06:06 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I do not suggest that natural selection and survival is all their is to it, only that it has it's place. If it didn't humans wouldn't expend so much energy on it. It's easy to say we should all be mature but success in the world is not always defined by one's level of emotional maturity and opinions on the rightness or wrongness of it are just opinions. I'm not suggesting there's no authenticity in your ideas or that they shouldn't be appreciated, but that it doesn't happen in isolation. Leaving other matters out of the contemplation is what creates the disparity between what we believe the world should/could be and what it appears to be. We can't just be in a room and have an orgy. It's going to be a mess.

--------------------
rahz

Invisibleremake
Male

#24349812 - 05/25/17 06:23 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Haha, yeah man, I was just kidding about the orgy part. I do understand what you are saying. I think a lot of people who are depressed or hopeless sometimes do not see their own self worth and know that they do have a choice regardless of the state they find themselves in. I feel the world and how people view and treat people who are already down or seen as "undesirable" or "weak" or whatever is quite twisted sometimes. I just like being creative, maybe too optimistic or self righteous at times. I get there is much more complexities to our whole situation.

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #24349815 - 05/25/17 06:23 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Why would you want to have advantage in EVERY situation? That sounds absolutely horrible. Imagine how selfish you would be to have EVERY situation be to your advantage? That's almost the most selfish thing I can imagine. I want other people to have the advantage just as much as I do. That's like, the whole point of democracy and freedom and shit.

I don't want to win every game I play against my friends. I want them to win sometimes too. I don't want to win every argument. Sometimes I want to be proven wrong or have my views shift based on good arguments.

I don't want to win every election, that's called a dictatorship. Losing is good for you sometimes. Losing is good for all of us sometimes.

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: nooneman]
    #24349937 - 05/25/17 07:26 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FranniePilgrim said:
I think the idea of natural selection and survival of the fittest is quite a lazy conclusion to our actual experience concerning the fact that we can be aware of our social assumptions and die them down to the point of making precise, authentic and isolated modes of action.

Quote:

We have the power to defy the selfish genes of our birth, we alone can rebel against the tyranny of the selfish replicators.

And I don't know about having an advantage over other people but I certainly think it's reasonable to want to have an advantage over your own emotional and physical well being.

--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.

Invisibleremake
Male

Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: sudly]
    #24353175 - 05/27/17 03:13 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Those who are under the belief they - own - the world or are an authority capable of delegating who goes where regarding the "hierarchy" are in a delusion so immensely frustrating they cannot fathom when the chair gets pulled from underneath them and realize they are indeed not on top of anything but a world of inverted disgust they themselves created, and use violence as a petty excuse to "set things straight". This is what religion does to some. We are in this together.

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#24353212 - 05/27/17 03:42 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I dunno if the worlds power players are under delusion, well at least I doubt they all are and I tend to think it has a lot to do with greed.

I do see some good though in there being an increasing spot light placed on many of the issues facing the world, such as the need for single payer health care in America and the legalisation of gay marriage in Taiwan.

--------------------

Invisibleremake
Male

#24353227 - 05/27/17 03:49 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

The worlds "power players" are people like you and me. The atrocities they cause are man made from a human brain, and can be fixed by a human brain from any location. People and individuals themselves should not seek or fight over who must lead or who is brain washing who, but realise the quality of having the power of their own immediate freedom.

We don't need a goverment, we need people acting like people and not God or servants of the "one true God".

For instance,

Marriage in itself does not even have to be a ritual but can be an agreement. I get and respect the symbolism and ritual, but what it means for the two parties can be translated through any or no method at all. 

But yes, that is good.

Edited by remake (05/27/17 03:59 AM)

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#24353248 - 05/27/17 04:04 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------

Invisibleremake
Male

#24353256 - 05/27/17 04:09 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not saying these things and people aren't real. And I agree with what that guy did calling those people out, and revealing what they are doing. But people do not HAVE to be victims, and they do have the power to stand together as a collective for positive change not in "groups" but for the sake of humanity and our environment. These changes begin mentally, and translate into practical physical ways - individually - by recognising the authorities do not REALLY control - your - body or head. Even when locked up, or severely deprived. Death would be something else, but should not be feared to the degree of controlling your voice or actions for good, or your life itself.

And this co-operation does not have to be an emotional and personal swab between people, but clean and true improvement for all life - physically, so as to allow for personal and emotional freedom inwardly. It's easy to see what is wrong with the world, and we know what must be done and how. It is only our "intellectual" battles that keeps us from working together.

I'm not talking about fixing shit with telepathy by the way. And I didn't mean to insult you if I did. I'm past the point of being offended. Though I won't keep quiet if I'm being violated in anyway.

Edited by remake (05/27/17 04:35 AM)

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#24353290 - 05/27/17 04:36 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I like to think there are different times of day, and different seasons.

I don't so much see it as being about the left brain, right brain model, instead I personally find a level of understanding in a sort of lateral model of the brain that is modeled in the same way as the brain is argued to have evolved over time from reptiles, to mammals and us.

I consider the discussion of free will and determinism in the same boat as nature vs nurture, again, in a dichotomous sense.

Quote:

"We have the power to defy the selfish genes of our birth, we alone can rebel against the tyranny of the selfish replicators." - Richard Dawkins, end quote of The Selfish Gene

I do think there is a difference between the intuition and the conscious emotional and ration attention and I think it can be seen in the Triune Brain model I've referenced.

I realise that the concept of a triune brain may initially appear as an imaginative guess behind describing the mind, though I think there is merit to the idea; because when I look at the evolutionary structure of the brain and how it is interconnected with bodily functions such as the regulation of blood pressure, the heart rate, digestion and regular bodily functions, I see a clear relatedness within the confines of an anatomical human model.

Something like this.

--------------------

Invisibleremake
Male

Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: sudly] * 1
    #24353302 - 05/27/17 04:53 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I regard free will to be existent once we are able to live a peaceful life in such a way that your actions would not be a threat to anyone but yourself. Thus each person having control over his own life and rate of death, free from social fears, judgements or deprivation.

I personally believe in evolution, but I think the deeper quest into why we fight over things like this is because of separating ourselves as being "better" than other people who aren't less "intelligent" at all, but perhaps in some cases only a product of their context. The fact that remains is that people do and can change, the violence of delegating this seperation and change to be inextent is inhumane and untrue.

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#24353309 - 05/27/17 05:00 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Well then, I suppose I've come across a level of an ideological superiority complex.

E.g. if someone tells me the earth is flat then in my perceived knowledge that the world is a globe I have obtained a piece of an ideological superiority complex. [formerly known as a scientific fact]

Quote:

FranniePilgrim said: The worlds "power players" are people like you and me. The atrocities they cause are man made from a human brain, and can be fixed by a human brain from any location.

What have I done?

--------------------

Edited by sudly (05/27/17 05:21 AM)

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

#24360235 - 05/29/17 09:45 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Rahz said:
I do not suggest that natural selection and survival is all their is to it, only that it has it's place. If it didn't humans wouldn't expend so much energy on it. It's easy to say we should all be mature but success in the world is not always defined by one's level of emotional maturity and opinions on the rightness or wrongness of it are just opinions.

A lot of people do spend a lot of time engrossed in vices too, so their involvement doesn't necessarily correlate with the usefulness of a practice.

The world tends to vend to the seeker.  He who seeks fight will have his 'eyes shaped' and circumstances are delivered as he conforms also to his internal shape. 

Light and dark forces are not only real, but they are the very fabric of the supposed balanced universe. 'Right' and 'wrong' therefore aren't simple opinions, but affects of causes at play, every day, everywhere -  judged by heart, which is either in tune or out.

The most significant, soul destroying concept is that 'love' is but an opinion rather than an underlying essence of absolute truth.

Daily practices and reflective paradigms are shaping our souls in refinement depending on how we act and how we think.  This is what defines the human as the most advanced bearer of consciousness.

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#24361612 - 05/30/17 11:47 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

You are welcome to your opinion but I'm not sure humans are the most advanced bearers of consciousness. Although we do like to look in the mirror and admire what we see.

--------------------
rahz

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

#24361655 - 05/30/17 12:01 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Rahz said:
You are welcome to your opinion but I'm not sure humans are the most advanced bearers of consciousness. Although we do like to look in the mirror and admire what we see.

Earth relevant; what specifically would you nominate instead?

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#24361854 - 05/30/17 12:48 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Offhandedly I might suggest almost any other mammal, but I don't think it works like that as a matter of potential. When it comes to hierarchical definitions I can look at it as a matter of capacity for intelligence, or as having become an apex predator but when it comes to love I think as best we should look to the simplicity of other animals in their expressions of caring for their young, in solidarity of packs, and even in their regard for other species when they aren't hungry. We see a difference when we witness the competition, the struggling for survival, etc. but I don't think we are inherently different. We do currently (many of us) live in a glut of resource and that can make it especially easy to tend towards vanity and think we are unique or different or best. I don't suspect that's a strictly human capacity either.

--------------------
rahz

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

#24361976 - 05/30/17 01:26 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Contrary, I feel that there are only traces of pure consciousness in predators, demonstrated when they tend for their young and that the animal kingdom is largely responsible for communicating the 'dog eat dog' delusion which unmatured humans will naturally resource as inspiration. Thus they remain in bondage to it through way of the ego mind which terms and argues this paradigm as 'pacifism' in order to protect itself, whilst perpetuating the condition.

'Beautiful' as the animal kingdom may be admired (albeit, often by eyes I'd consider tainted), I believe that it's purely a thing of the Earth - a place where evil, through liberty in creation and dualism is prone, which can, through a 'new sight', be understood more clearly that it is only that and entirely surpassable.

InvisiblePsychonott
Stranger
    #24362282 - 05/30/17 02:26 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Sudly what in the world is that video?

Is it a plane launching a cow?

--------------------
Enlils true purpose is to get us off topic and to cast enough logical doubts so that outsiders viewing this would be more likely to side with his fake opinions rather than our or sometimes controlled opppsotions opinions.

You see if you are too skilled at not falling for their traps and stating logically sound debunks then other accounts who purposefully agree with 90% of the truth join in and get the entire topic off the main points.

It's their 1960s version of damage control and diversion but man it's painfully obvious in 2017

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#24362731 - 05/30/17 05:05 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Duncan Rowhl said:
Contrary, I feel that there are only traces of pure consciousness in predators, demonstrated when they tend for their young and that the animal kingdom is largely responsible for communicating the 'dog eat dog' delusion which unmatured humans will naturally resource as inspiration. Thus they remain in bondage to it through way of the ego mind which terms and argues this paradigm as 'pacifism' in order to protect itself, whilst perpetuating the condition.

'Beautiful' as the animal kingdom may be admired (albeit, often by eyes I'd consider tainted), I believe that it's purely a thing of the Earth - a place where evil, through liberty in creation and dualism is prone, which can, through a 'new sight', be understood more clearly that it is only that and entirely surpassable.

I suspect humans mirror nature because we're just like it, and it's a mixed bag. People who think humans are essentially angels will offer various reasons why we've brought our karma with us, but there it is. I don't begrudge people for wanting to get a leg up, for competing for the best mate, etc. Such complaints are all part of the dualism you mention. Despite your lofty ideas the world will go on being the world.

--------------------
rahz

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

#24363036 - 05/30/17 06:50 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I think it's especially interesting to observe those who have been in the thick of it but who have completely rewritten their paradigm - ideally from a bad life to one that's so much more 'graceful' by way of spiritual change.

The world as mentioned will be the world, however it's also interesting to learn the differences people reap in their lives as a result of the aforementioned change.

Rather than consider that we are permanently born into one of two personas, I feel it's important to consider these 'life changer' transitions which contrast both states of being.

Edited by Duncan Rowhl (05/30/17 07:08 PM)

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: Duncan Rowhl] * 1
    #24363645 - 05/30/17 09:57 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I agree with the gist but wolves are not evil. They are simply hungry, territorial, have pecking orders etc. If someone sees evil in nature I suspect it's within their perception of it rather than the reality of it. Humans are not wolves but we do have desires and competition tends to take place. So again, it's not whether we compete but how we play... also said how much suffering is involved in attaining (or failing at) our goals, how skillful (and perhaps graceful) we are when it comes to social competition and other game oriented activities. I don't think everyone needs a "life changer", though life is generally a process of giving up certain modes of thought for more graceful/skillful ones. I do appreciate the interjection of awareness of our illusions to shake up the foundation of our thought systems. It doesn't mean we should dislike being human (an animal) or make it most right to opt out of "lower" games... That doesn't mean it's wrong either. It's been said that to truly seek enlightenment one must be thoroughly disgusted with life. It seems incorrect to suggest everyone is, and an opinion that everyone should be.

--------------------
rahz

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

#24364056 - 05/31/17 02:07 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I wouldn't hold opinion that 'wolves are evil', nor nature as a whole. Nature is what it is, functioning on its level as you state, serving possible purpose on wider whole.  Likewise aggressive animals, aren't 'evil', but functioning on the basis of their purpose in direct response of their given faculties and their environment. 

Lack of 'pure' consciousness doesn't suggest evil, rather that the animal kingdom is functioning on the 'lower level' (in contrast to human potential) which they are of course bound to.  Knowing the 'lower' is of course only comprehendible by those who have attained the opposite, lest the lower is the quo and no alternative is recognised and no change is desired.

To reiterate my overall philosophy in a different manner; humans, who bear higher intellectual faculties (as humans) are translating in delusion that we too can function on the level of the animal.  This is 'animalism' and in this context surely, when acted out in extreme, can be definable as 'evil'. Equally, more subtle terminology could be adopted (and indeed it is, in the form of certain terms adopted in society) for the more subtle nuances too which generally contribute little but sole, self gain.

It's my belief that enlightenment comes from seeking and living in accordance with the highest levels of ones universally productive faculties and therein lies the fundamental difference, or potential difference, between animal and human. 

If the transition manifests and becomes one which changes a life, then more power to the bearer. I could only declare then that opting out of the 'lower games' in large majority is actually paramount to achieving this to any considerable degree and whilst this may be viewed as opting out of being human, it could be said that it is making the very most of being one.

Edited by Duncan Rowhl (05/31/17 02:41 AM)

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#24364856 - 05/31/17 10:12 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Such ideas carried out to their logical end exist as absolutes, speaking of dualities as though there is no room for moderation. The field is filled with charlatans who don't practice what they preach and seekers who have given up Earth for Heaven only to be left with neither. What is right for one may not be right for another. So again, I protest when opinion is held as ultimate truth and when extreme examples are offered as applicable to everyone (Donald Trump is unhappy because he's not as rich as Bill Gates, therefore nobody with financial aspirations can ever feel like they have enough). It's no different than a born again Christian declaring everyone needs to be born again or they're going to hell.

--------------------
rahz

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

#24365087 - 05/31/17 11:58 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

The confidence in the personal experience, knowledge of others and theology in general usually dictates the confidence that everyone does indeed hold the same 'key', however that 'key' may be termed and communicated.  There is no 'ultimate truth' claimed to be known, only one which pertains to the samsara level. Such absolutes however still may not fit the paradigm or agenda of those who are spiritually lacking, but the knosis is owned and indeed strengthened by the bearer and as such, it is what is proposed with utter confidence. The paradigm becomes more real than every previous aspect of indoctrination and every paradigm adopted.  Charlatans are a demographic in thier own who simply do not experience and so do not apply in this regard.  Absolutes are actually accepted by a closed mind, but only if they fit the bill of an expectation reflective of familiarity. Those spiritually lacking are often protesting at the metaphorical 'door', which they can simply walk through - if only they stop protesting.

This is why those people who have experience transition are such viable and important examples, though I'd rarely, if ever refer to this transition as 'born again', especially with 'hell' consequences which is not that of a free theological mind, but religious doctrine, which are prone to being tabooed Q.E.D.  Theological terminology, sometimes bearing similarity to religions can be interswapped in an instance to suit the establish rapport of the given, sincere, listening audience.  'Hell' in the view of many, is actually the state which is that on earth, outside of the Sonship where one (like Trump) can't ever garner enough finance and materiality - both of which are potentially detrimental, non-answers on the spiritual level.

Edited by Duncan Rowhl (05/31/17 12:37 PM)

Invisibleremake
Male

#24365167 - 05/31/17 12:31 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

From what I've experienced was that certain people will communicate or justify their "love"/"honesty"/"services" only under given shallow circumstances or through making one feel guilt/shame/fear for not giving your physical self/possessions/attention/ideas or place in the social "hierarchy" to them, extracting love from your side to a point of exhaustion, confusion, depression,oppression or death.

I can see this happening in a child, taking this to the point of adulthood has deadly special effects, eventually, to them.

Damn hard to forgive those people. But it can be done once you realise that giving your love to them was/is not a mistake in the first place, and you are not at fault for being used.

That kind of stuff spreads like a disease and can overwhelm one to the point of thinking the whole world operates exclusively like that.

I can see times in my life where I have acted like this. Often times it was through my own fear or need to be wanted.

Love requires a leap of faith. Hate is easy.

All emotions come from nothing. You are the source of an endless amount of both. Don't know if any of this is true, feels like it could be.

Edited by remake (05/31/17 12:43 PM)

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: remake] * 1
    #24365223 - 05/31/17 12:51 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

:thumbup:

The 'Us / me and them' mentality for selfish gain is a primary reason why people cling to the cliffs.

When we're subscribed to a paradigm that the world is 'dog eat dog' it's perfectly natural to assume the next person doesn't actually want to help with pure intention. This is the catch 22.

In a world that's full of nonesense, it's unrealistic to believe someone who tells you something, unknown is real.

It's exactly why the process is a gargantuan leap of faith and this represents the best term for it.

Edited by Duncan Rowhl (05/31/17 12:58 PM)

Invisibleremake
Male

#24365331 - 05/31/17 01:40 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I also think maybe blaming these people specifically can be wrong too. So, that's one of my problems with certain aspects of religion. In some cases it could be argued they didn't have a choice based on the context they were born into.

This is also where I think we as people, being able to be aware of and communicate these things have the very power to undo them, without labelling or making absolutes of a person, and through language or example alone can shape a better world.

But sometimes it's best to leave someone alone who might be dangerous to your mental or physical health.

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: remake] * 1
    #24365465 - 05/31/17 02:37 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Some religions are renowned for depositing guilt upon people and that's usually their primary error.

Through pliable, theological language many people can be reached without imposing that guilt, or indeed, the overall taboo of those religions. In theology, labels which refer to the 'non-awakened' are vast and that represents one which is apt to the philosophy that there are demographics which have seemingly not yet opened the mind to a notable, or self confessed degree of spiritual capacity.  Non-use of these terms would disperse the efficiency and function of the philosophy.

Everyone I think has choice, albeit one which won't be without some challenges and difficulties and those can be lessened by quality communication and experience with suitable metaphor employed to communicate the otherwise ineffable principles which pertains in the same way to all human minds from which the divine is accessed.

Edited by Duncan Rowhl (05/31/17 08:55 PM)

Invisiblewolfiewolfie
Just wingin' it.
Male User Gallery

#24368608 - 06/01/17 05:44 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

If you always had the advantage and you were always the winner... imo life would be boring as fuck. Like using cheats on a video game, its fun for a little while but you get bored because theres no challenge...

Losing / failing is what drives us to want to do better, to grow and improve ourselves so that we can overcome the challenges.

--------------------

My Drawings

Invisibleremake
Male

Re: how to have advantage in every situation? [Re: wolfiewolfie] * 1
    #24368642 - 06/01/17 05:53 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

fuzzysig said:
i didnt mean advantage as in taking advantage of of people
i mean as not being taken advantage of.

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#24368736 - 06/01/17 06:23 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

This is probably horrible advice but in my experience you have to get seriously taken advantage of to know how to balance what you want and what the people in your life want from you.

--------------------

Invisibleremake
Male

#24369895 - 06/02/17 04:49 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I think you may be right, not sure if one should seek it though...Might be inevitable in some cases.

Stuff like that surely does shatter and restructure your outlook on life and those around you, but one does come back as a better/stronger and more focused person eventually.

Makes bullshit easier to spot and getting rid of all that contagious muck feels so good. Also makes you think about your own do's and don't's. 

Call it karma/purification/lessons from God/evolution or meaningless happening, doesn't matter.

The phoenix shall rise once more!

Much like wolfie or others already said...

True Love prevails :heart:

"Come as you are, as you were. As I want you to be. As a friend, as a known enemy"

Edited by remake (06/02/17 06:56 AM)

Offlinefuzzysig
user

#24376508 - 06/04/17 12:10 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

ok lets take the many sucessfull businessmen or owners of major companies
they all seem to be nice people now

but i just feel like they got there not by being nice
they got there by being better than others
or by outsmarting outlasting out whatever

i feel like theres another side of beeing a successfull person that most of them dont talk about when they write their books and talk at their seminars

am i right to assume that they play dirty and the ones who didnt get caught are on top?
you  know the alpha male stuff that we see on discovery channel.
how much does that apply to business?

Invisibleremake
Male

#24376566 - 06/04/17 12:29 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Well, I think playing dirty can surely get you places. Not sure if those places are pleasant in anyway.

Here's my theory:

To me, what seems to be best is to recognise a need. Either within yourself or others.

What do we need?

What will benefit both you and those around you in a multi-beneficial and exponential way?

The flow of beauty is the most pristine pursuit. If you seek to improve earnestly and beyond the "self", the circumstances will unfold in your favour.

Such is not only the law of nature, but of our human condition.

There are countless opportunities. You are an authentic individual. I cannot stand within your shoes, neither you in mine. Your projection within the world is a unique groove. There's a spot somewhere that only your shoes can fill.

Doesn't mean the progression would be easy, but you - don't have to play dirty.

Keep it clean, keep it true, and you'll be just fine filling your own shoes. Which are as big as you imagine them. :wink:.

Using fear or deceit as a mode of instigating dominance, to me, seems quite backwards and the exact opposite of "Alpha". The world at times can be a blinding shit show displayed from a hollow and shallow hell.

Edited by remake (06/04/17 04:29 PM)

OfflineSir Cermic
Male

#24376568 - 06/04/17 12:31 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

#24377136 - 06/04/17 04:05 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

fuzzysig said:
ok lets take the many sucessfull businessmen or owners of major companies
they all seem to be nice people now

but i just feel like they got there not by being nice
they got there by being better than others
or by outsmarting outlasting out whatever

i feel like theres another side of beeing a successfull person that most of them dont talk about when they write their books and talk at their seminars

am i right to assume that they play dirty and the ones who didnt get caught are on top?
you  know the alpha male stuff that we see on discovery channel.
how much does that apply to business?

There's a difference between success gained from outsmarting and playing dirty with underhand strategies and aggression.

Some businesses might demand that aggression simply because the next person is aggressive - much like the gun law catch 22.  The majority of the 'corporate world' is cut throat, but that's just an arena from which other people play.

If you dislike that approach and haven't witnessed success, opt out of those volatile areas and look for success in more graceful areas of life, perhaps working for yourself and being the best of yourself. 

Edited by Duncan Rowhl (06/04/17 04:17 PM)

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

#24381263 - 06/06/17 12:17 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

sudly said:

This is probably horrible advice but in my experience you have to get seriously taken advantage of to know how to balance what you want and what the people in your life want from you.

I always appreciate the advice of a gelatinous ponderer.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck