Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Herb Grinder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRock1084
Shroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
Best way to consume a Level 5 volume of shrooms
    #24333709 - 05/19/17 08:01 PM (6 months, 24 days ago)

Hi all,
I'd like to try to achieve a level 5 trip on psilocybe subaeruginosas at some stage in the near future, but I'm unsure of the best way to consume the to minimise gastrointestinal upset. A level 5 trip should probably require >5g of dried subs, which is quite a lot. I normally consume 1-2g and do notice a reasonable amount of body load such as bloating, wind, feeling like I want to vomit (but I never do or try to). So in the interests of maximising the experience, what's thebest way to consume them?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHelpmegrowshrooms
Stranger

Re: Best way to consume a Level 5 volume of shrooms [Re: Rock1084] * 1
    #24333737 - 05/19/17 08:13 PM (6 months, 24 days ago)

If you want em the strongest possible way eat em fresh raw and as is just eat the whole lot times the dry weight by approx 10-11 for fresh fruits. If u want the easiest way to consume that much make a tea. Heat won't mess with the potency much at all so that's the other option but doing either way I'd use fresh fruits as personally I find them better to any dried shroom

OfflineBird_Guts
Ser Peniswrinkle
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Cold 9 months out of the ... Flag
Re: Best way to consume a Level 5 volume of shrooms [Re: Helpmegrowshrooms]
    #24333739 - 05/19/17 08:14 PM (6 months, 24 days ago)

Make chocolates and boof them lol

--BG--

OfflineMordecount
Stranger
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Best way to consume a Level 5 volume of shrooms [Re: Rock1084]
    #24333753 - 05/19/17 08:18 PM (6 months, 24 days ago)

Subs are pooootent. Which is good as you won't need to eat as many to go that far as you would with cubes. We always used to eat ours fresh, back in the day. Maybe you could make a tea? I've never had nausea from subs, but apparently tea helps, I've still had a pretty gnarly bodyload from tea. The shortened comeup will probably help you with going this deep.

Offlinefractaloctopus
.mittens.

Re: Best way to consume a Level 5 volume of shrooms [Re: Mordecount]
    #24333809 - 05/19/17 08:37 PM (6 months, 24 days ago)

Tea or lemontek. I've done up to 20g of dried cubes lemontek'd (didn't strain out the material either) and had next to no nausea or discomfort.

OfflineRock1084
Shroomer
 User Gallery

Re: Best way to consume a Level 5 volume of shrooms [Re: fractaloctopus]
    #24333948 - 05/19/17 09:26 PM (6 months, 24 days ago)

I've got a pretty sensitive stomach to them even with 1g dry. I think eating fresh would be way more difficult due to the sheer volume needed. I'll look into the lemon tek idea, and tea.

Question: Would I need to up the dosage if I made a tea as I'd assume not all the active chemicals would be extracted?

--------------------

OfflineUsernameser
Re: Best way to consume a Level 5 volume of shrooms [Re: Rock1084] * 1
    #24333996 - 05/19/17 09:48 PM (6 months, 24 days ago)

Its not about how much its about how you feel how you go into the trip, dark room silence and just relax your body is the best way to achieve a "level 5" trip try it with 3g of dried if you havnt taken many.

OfflineRock1084
Shroomer
 User Gallery

Re: Best way to consume a Level 5 volume of shrooms [Re: Usernameser]
    #24334048 - 05/19/17 10:07 PM (6 months, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Usernameser said:
Its not about how much its about how you feel how you go into the trip, dark room silence and just relax your body is the best way to achieve a "level 5" trip try it with 3g of dried if you havnt taken many.

Thanks for the advice :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineUsernameser
    #24334059 - 05/19/17 10:10 PM (6 months, 24 days ago)

Yeah listen to them, lemon tek OJ tek Lime tek, whatever works for you, theres youtube videos on it.

OfflineAtomHeart
Strangler
Male

#24335234 - 05/20/17 11:19 AM (6 months, 23 days ago)

IME, Tea does reduce the dosage slightly and changes the feel somewhat, so I believe you are correct, that not all of the orally active chemicals are being extracted...but it feels like all of the psilocin and psilocybin is.  I haven't tried a tea combined with an MAOI, but its possible other chemicals are being extracted that are NOT orally active.  If that's the case, tea+MAOI might be quite spectacular.

Works well, though, and has noticably reduced body load...so you may prefer it.

--------------------
Yep, I'm THAT Atomheart.

OfflineUsernameser
Re: Best way to consume a Level 5 volume of shrooms [Re: AtomHeart]
    #24335687 - 05/20/17 03:13 PM (6 months, 23 days ago)

The citrus i THINK is what helps it go down so easy with those teks.

Offlinefractaloctopus
.mittens.

#24335768 - 05/20/17 04:08 PM (6 months, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Usernameser said:
The citrus i THINK is what helps it go down so easy with those teks.

From what I understand, the acid dephosphorylates the psilocybin into psilocin. This chemical reaction takes place in the gut when you eat mushrooms, but by having the reaction take place outside of the gut, it reduces the nausea involved. I'm not a chemist so I can't confirm one way or the other, but I have read this in a few different locations.

In the end though all I know for sure is that a light dose of 2.5g of dried cubes eaten as is would make me totally nauseous while I can take 20g lemontek'd and have next to no nausea at all.

InvisibleSonicTitan
Chrono.naut
I'm a teapot

Re: Best way to consume a Level 5 volume of shrooms [Re: fractaloctopus]
    #24335803 - 05/20/17 04:24 PM (6 months, 23 days ago)

Best way is to eat them. Lemon teks and teas are intense but I find too short of a duration to really get that far into it IMO.
You may have to eat upwards to 1/4 an ounce to get to that point. 10gs of libs had me gone for a good 2 or 3 hours.

--------------------

OfflineRock1084
Shroomer
 User Gallery

Re: Best way to consume a Level 5 volume of shrooms [Re: SonicTitan]
    #24337119 - 05/21/17 03:32 AM (6 months, 23 days ago)

Quote:

IME, Tea does reduce the dosage slightly and changes the feel somewhat, so I believe you are correct, that not all of the orally active chemicals are being extracted...but it feels like all of the psilocin and psilocybin is.  I haven't tried a tea combined with an MAOI, but its possible other chemicals are being extracted that are NOT orally active.  If that's the case, tea+MAOI might be quite spectacular.

Works well, though, and has noticably reduced body load...so you may prefer it.

Ok, so I'll up the dosage slightly to accommodate for lost potency.
Regarding MAOIs, what is an easily accessible one that might work well in a tea, tastewise?

Quote:

From what I understand, the acid dephosphorylates the psilocybin into psilocin. This chemical reaction takes place in the gut when you eat mushrooms, but by having the reaction take place outside of the gut, it reduces the nausea involved. I'm not a chemist so I can't confirm one way or the other, but I have read this in a few different locations.

In the end though all I know for sure is that a light dose of 2.5g of dried cubes eaten as is would make me totally nauseous while I can take 20g lemontek'd and have next to no nausea at all.

That's reassuring, I'll definitely add some lemon juice to my tea recipe.

Quote:

Best way is to eat them. Lemon teks and teas are intense but I find too short of a duration to really get that far into it IMO.
You may have to eat upwards to 1/4 an ounce to get to that point. 10gs of libs had me gone for a good 2 or 3 hours.

That's pretty interesting about the shorter trip life, I'll report back once I've done it.

--------------------

OfflineAtomHeart
Strangler
Male

#24337436 - 05/21/17 09:19 AM (6 months, 22 days ago)

You wouldn't want the MAOI in the tea.  Your want to take it 30 mins to an hour beforehand.

--------------------
Yep, I'm THAT Atomheart.

InvisibleDr.Satan
Mad Professor
I'm a teapot

#24337743 - 05/21/17 12:24 PM (6 months, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Rock1084 said:
I've got a pretty sensitive stomach to them even with 1g dry. I think eating fresh would be way more difficult due to the sheer volume needed. I'll look into the lemon tek idea, and tea.

Question: Would I need to up the dosage if I made a tea as I'd assume not all the active chemicals would be extracted?

If you make the tea correctly it will blow you away, but if you don't want to do that then just get size 0 capsules and eat as much as you want. Size 0 fits about .5g of dried mush with no problem.

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaM
☕ Rocket Surgeon
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Best way to consume a Level 5 volume of shrooms [Re: Dr.Satan] * 3
    #24337836 - 05/21/17 01:08 PM (6 months, 22 days ago)

Eat them

--------------------
Read the first few pages of every TEK/Thread
How to find what you're looking for
Read the sticky posts
Read the forum rules
TEKs, links, videos, guides, etc...

Mush Cult's OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION Thread, come chat
:mushroom2:

OfflineFungi2TripWit
Stranger

Re: Best way to consume a Level 5 volume of shrooms [Re: bodhisatta]
    #24339443 - 05/22/17 02:28 AM (6 months, 22 days ago)

I have a really weak stomach and I have perfected a way that works for me.  I still puke 10% of the time, but there has been a drastic reduction. 

I pulverize or use coffee grinder to make the fruits into a powder.  Empty out a tea bag, and fill it with the mushroom powder, fold it, and staple it with the string between the staple and the bag.  Fill my cup I will use to drink with water and put that into a small pot.  I brew my tea in the pot with a moderate amount of lemon juice and the key ingredient ginger.  The ginger does wonders for keeping my stomach in check.  After steeping the tea, strain if you are using loose tea, if not, take the tea bag out and bring it up to a rolling boil.  pour boiling tea into cup with your mushroom teabag and let steep for 15 minutes.  Some say all you need is that 15 minutes of steeping, but I pour the tea back in the pot leaving the mushroom teabag in the cup,  and bring it to the beginning of a boil again then do another 15 minute steep.  Gently press the teabag between 2 spoons being careful not to break the bag.  Add sugar or honey to taste.

Drinking mushroom tea can decrease the duration of the trip, but it will speed up the onset and drop off fast at the end.  Most of the time it drops off about 5 hours after drinking but hits me hard 15-20 minutes after drinking.  I did have a couple 4g doses that didn't drop off till 7 hrs. after drinking, but those were using fresh fruits.  I can only assume that was because of the extra psilocin due to the fact that it has to be metabolized in the liver into psilocybin which takes extra time.  I did 7g dried yesterday in the manner described above, and it was super intense from 20 minutes in, until 4 hours after drinking.  I was very content that it didn't go the full 6 on that high of a dose.  Seeing that you are jumping from 2g to 5g, that tidbit of information may save you from having to endure the intensity that you may not be ready for with that jump. 

--------------------
Interviewer: Mr. Zappa, why are you still smoking if you have cancer? Frank: The cancer is in my ass man!

Edited by Fungi2TripWit (05/22/17 02:46 AM)

OnlineAnt89
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: Best way to consume a Level 5 volume of shrooms [Re: Fungi2TripWit] * 1
    #24339472 - 05/22/17 02:51 AM (6 months, 22 days ago)

Grind them up in a coffee grinder. Either mix with orange juice or mix with a chocolate shake etc.

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:whathesaid:

OfflineRock1084
Shroomer
 User Gallery

Re: Best way to consume a Level 5 volume of shrooms [Re: Fungi2TripWit]
    #24339581 - 05/22/17 03:56 AM (6 months, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Fungi2TripWit said:
I have a really weak stomach and I have perfected a way that works for me.  I still puke 10% of the time, but there has been a drastic reduction. 

I pulverize or use coffee grinder to make the fruits into a powder.  Empty out a tea bag, and fill it with the mushroom powder, fold it, and staple it with the string between the staple and the bag.  Fill my cup I will use to drink with water and put that into a small pot.  I brew my tea in the pot with a moderate amount of lemon juice and the key ingredient ginger.  The ginger does wonders for keeping my stomach in check.  After steeping the tea, strain if you are using loose tea, if not, take the tea bag out and bring it up to a rolling boil.  pour boiling tea into cup with your mushroom teabag and let steep for 15 minutes.  Some say all you need is that 15 minutes of steeping, but I pour the tea back in the pot leaving the mushroom teabag in the cup,  and bring it to the beginning of a boil again then do another 15 minute steep.  Gently press the teabag between 2 spoons being careful not to break the bag.  Add sugar or honey to taste.

Drinking mushroom tea can decrease the duration of the trip, but it will speed up the onset and drop off fast at the end.  Most of the time it drops off about 5 hours after drinking but hits me hard 15-20 minutes after drinking.  I did have a couple 4g doses that didn't drop off till 7 hrs. after drinking, but those were using fresh fruits.  I can only assume that was because of the extra psilocin due to the fact that it has to be metabolized in the liver into psilocybin which takes extra time.  I did 7g dried yesterday in the manner described above, and it was super intense from 20 minutes in, until 4 hours after drinking.  I was very content that it didn't go the full 6 on that high of a dose.  Seeing that you are jumping from 2g to 5g, that tidbit of information may save you from having to endure the intensity that you may not be ready for with that jump. 

Thanks mate that's an impressive guide:congrats:
I've also used ginger in the past to settle down a dodgy stomach, so I'll give it a shot.

Regarding the time difference between eating a drinking, I don't think I'll mind a fast come up and drop off, I sometimes find the limbo between tripping and normal consciousness to be quite annoying. It's just kind of a waiting period where I'm not quite high enough to enjoy myself, but too high to go to sleep or do anything productive.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Herb Grinder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience