Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Gaming laptop.
    #24329878 - 05/18/17 12:10 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

In the next couple weeks I plan to buy a new laptop. I'd like something that can run games on medium to high. I play league. Blizzard games etc. Probably occasionally counter strike and stuff like that.

Not sure where to begin looking but I'm looking at between 600-800. Also like to dabble with music software, photoshop, stuff like that.

You're help would be appreciated. Thanks.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: Gaming laptop. [Re: Enjoywho]
    #24329919 - 05/18/17 12:22 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

600 to 800 for a gaming laptop with high quality requirements is pushing it.  blizzard games at least never are to graphically impactful, but other games .. oof.

Just make sure you get a nice nvidia chip in it, or even a decent AMD I guess.  no intel graphics chips.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Gaming laptop. [Re: mndfreeze]
    #24329930 - 05/18/17 12:25 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Right. I'm not looking to push high end games on it. I have an Xbox one that suits those needs. I'm a casual gamer. Looking for some links to check out. Also this may be not picky but I really want a backlit keyboard.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #24331324 - 05/18/17 09:27 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Recommended this earlier to someone, Acer Aspire E15 - Just under 600$, And runs all blizzard games in at least high (I don't play WoW or Hearthstone though).

Solid state drive, too!

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24331988 - 05/19/17 03:32 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

So keep an eye out for one that has an nvidia graphics card in it.  Even a low end nvidia card will push all those games and others nicely, and shouldn't be to crazy expensive.  You should be able to find one in your budget.

Todays generation nvidia cards are 10X0 series.  1050, 1060, 1070, 1080.  Usually the laptop versions are the low end 1050's.  A prior gen 950 would also work.  Hell for older games like LoL, WoW or counterstrike even a 650 would be fine I'm sure, you just wont find a laptop with an old card in it.

I'm not super familiar with AMD's line up as I've been an nvidia user for along time.  Ever since they first came out with their Raedons and they sucked ass and had bad driver support.  Those issues have long been fixed but fuck risking changing when I can afford not to. :laugh:

The Acer E15 Kryptos recommended has a shit intel build on graphics.  It might still work for you but eehhhhhhhhhh if it was me I wouldnt chance it.  If it turns out NOT quite meeting expectations then thats 600 bucks wasted or at least a shit load of hassle.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24331991 - 05/19/17 03:33 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Here was a quick google search for "800$ gaming laptop nvidia"

http://www.sysprobs.com/10-best-gaming-laptops-under-800-dollars-you-should-not-miss

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
    #24332675 - 05/19/17 11:02 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I bet u could find a decent mid-range gaming laptop for $800. Definitely. Check out some Alienware laptops, they make some good stuff.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Gaming laptop. [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #24334001 - 05/19/17 07:50 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks guys. Been meaning to buy a new laptop for years now. Never could afford it but getting a lot of overtime lately so figure I should finally do it.

I know I could Google it but I'm no computer expert and Im assuming it'll need to last another couple years.

--------------------

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#24334031 - 05/19/17 08:01 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
Here was a quick google search for "800$ gaming laptop nvidia"

http://www.sysprobs.com/10-best-gaming-laptops-under-800-dollars-you-should-not-miss

A couple of those I checked the more information button and they are listed at 1000$ not including shipping.

This was number one on that list. A 940 seems kind of light though. Plus it's 200$ cheaper which never hurts.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-E5-575G-57D4-15-6-Inches-Notebook-i5-7200U/dp/B01LD4MGY4?tag=sysprobs-20

Thoughts?

--------------------

Edited by Enjoywho (05/19/17 08:18 PM)

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Gaming laptop. [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #24334034 - 05/19/17 08:02 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
I bet u could find a decent mid-range gaming laptop for $800. Definitely. Check out some Alienware laptops, they make some good stuff.

Alienware is the only brand I trust to be what it says it is.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Gaming laptop. [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #24334088 - 05/19/17 08:19 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I'll check it out. Didn't bother too. It seems like Alienware laptops are usually crazy expensive and read that you can get the same equipment for much cheaper.

--------------------

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24334521 - 05/19/17 11:39 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Alienware has gone to shit ever since Dell bought them.

Enjoywho that laptop you linked would prob work pretty well. Has an SSD.  Has a low end nvidia card in it and an I5.  I wouldn't expect miracles out of it but we already went over that part anyway. 

For an average gaming laptop that thing looks good.  You will probably want to put a larger SSD in it, because games now a days are getting massive.  Elder Scrolls Online takes up like 100GB now I think or more. LOL.

You most definitely want to keep your OS and any games you play a lot on your SSD as well.  So later if you decide to get like an external mechanical drive for storage, try not to keep anything that needs to run fast on it.  use it to store music and movies and such but not your core OS apps or games.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#24335289 - 05/20/17 09:51 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Ya I understand I bought an Xbox one and fallout 4. I had to wait an extra day for that. Gone is the day you can pay 60$ for a game and actually play it. My electricity bill is not loving it at all.

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24335305 - 05/20/17 09:58 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Well i was looking at them on their website, their build diagrams look pretty legit. I mean for the price tag of $900, its gotta be good right?

Good reviews from random people :shrug:

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/alienware-13-laptop?~ck=mn

Edited by LogicaL Chaos (05/20/17 10:02 AM)

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#24335323 - 05/20/17 10:04 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
Alienware has gone to shit ever since Dell bought them.

Enjoywho that laptop you linked would prob work pretty well. Has an SSD.  Has a low end nvidia card in it and an I5.  I wouldn't expect miracles out of it but we already went over that part anyway. 

For an average gaming laptop that thing looks good.  You will probably want to put a larger SSD in it, because games now a days are getting massive.  Elder Scrolls Online takes up like 100GB now I think or more. LOL.

You most definitely want to keep your OS and any games you play a lot on your SSD as well.  So later if you decide to get like an external mechanical drive for storage, try not to keep anything that needs to run fast on it.  use it to store music and movies and such but not your core OS apps or games.

My brother has a dell and I play games on it. His only regret is the screen refresh rate isn't good enough.

Didn't know that was a thing.

Its a nice laptop..

But it's laggy and slow.

I just want  something that can produce the power I need..

And its going to have to last me another 4 years. Backlit keyboard is my nit picky thing.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Gaming laptop. [Re: Enjoywho] * 1
    #24335399 - 05/20/17 10:44 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Asking for a powerful gaming laptop .... but has to be under 1000 is kinda like saying you want a new ferrari but want to stay under 40k.. probably not going to happen.
Good gaming laptops are like 2k+.

But for playing blizzard games and shit you don't need a top end machine.

Honestly the number 1 from that list freezy linked is probably one of your best bets in that price range.. the Acer Aspire E 15
It's got a 256 SSD, an i5, Nvidia 940m and 8GB of DDR4. That's "good enough" for casual gaming. Crappy small screen but hey it's a sub 1k laptop. Probably won't do much better at that price point.

--------------------

Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Gaming laptop. [Re: Shroomism]
    #24336807 - 05/20/17 09:46 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Pretty much what shroomism said.  Laptops are fucking expensive for what you get out of it, because they are portable and require specific costly engineering compared to standardized desktop parts, and because companies KNOW they can charge more for portable versions of uber hardware.

You are not going to get "gaming"  "powerful" "cheap" all in the same device for your price range.

:frown:

You def want at the very least an I5, an SSD, an nvidia video chipset or possibly an AMD series chip.  You do NOT want an intel graphics card. 

Ideally you want 16 gigs of ram, but 8 is fine and will work without issue, especially for older games.

--------------------

quote]Urb said:

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #24337104 - 05/21/17 01:20 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Shroomism nailed it.

If u want a laptop that can handle high-end graphics, u need a budget of at least $1500, better at 2000$.

But lower to mid-grade graphics at $1000 laptop is doable.

Remember most games are made for desktops, not laptops. And high end power takes lots of room aka fits in a desktop.

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#24337610 - 05/21/17 09:19 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Asking for a powerful gaming laptop .... but has to be under 1000 is kinda like saying you want a new ferrari but want to stay under 40k.. probably not going to happen.
Good gaming laptops are like 2k+.

But for playing blizzard games and shit you don't need a top end machine.

Honestly the number 1 from that list freezy linked is probably one of your best bets in that price range.. the Acer Aspire E 15
It's got a 256 SSD, an i5, Nvidia 940m and 8GB of DDR4. That's "good enough" for casual gaming. Crappy small screen but hey it's a sub 1k laptop. Probably won't do much better at that price point.

Indeed. I don't ask much from my laptops. I need the processing power for music. And casual gaming. I'm not asking for a high end equipment machine. I just need it to play games when I feel like it.

--------------------

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

#24337616 - 05/21/17 09:21 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I'm aiming for 6-800 bucks. Any dollar I can save goes towards rent.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies