Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineegoslap
Goat
 User Gallery

Teenager died after drinking huge amounts of caffeine in short space of time
    #24323356 - 05/16/17 08:11 AM (5 months, 3 days ago)

Teenager died after drinking huge amounts of caffeine in short space of time

A teenager died from drinking caffeine too quickly after he consumed three drinks in under two hours.

Davis Allen Cripe, 16, drank a McDonald’s latte, an energy drink, and a large Mountain Dew in quick succession before collapsing at school in South Carolina.

Coroner Gary Watts said that physicians on his staff determined that Cripe died from a ‘caffeine-induced cardiac event causing a probable arrhythmia.’

However, he added that his death was not a caffeine overdose.

He added that had it not been for people seeing him drinking the high volumes of caffeine, the cause of his death is likely to have gone unnoticed.

Mr Watts said that ‘the energy drink was basically chugged.’

Watts said Cripe was considered a healthy teenager and did not have an undiagnosed heart condition.

‘This is not a caffeine overdose,’ Watts added: ‘We’re not saying that it was the total amount of caffeine in the system, it was just the way that it was ingested over that short period of time, and the chugging of the energy drink at the end was what the issue was with the cardiac arrhythmia.’

Davis weighed a little more than 14 stone, but would not have been considered morbidly obese, Watts said. He died about an hour after collapsing in a high school near Columbia, South Carolina.

Cripe may have had the same amount of caffeine on another day and been all right, Watts said.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/16/boy-died-after-drinking-mcdonalds-latte-energy-drink-and-large-mountain-dew-6640250/#ixzz4hF8G7GhB

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineUltraLiveResin
Stranger
Re: Teenager died after drinking huge amounts of caffeine in short space of time [Re: egoslap]
    #24323486 - 05/16/17 09:22 AM (5 months, 3 days ago)

If he consumed cannabis or kratom you know they would call it an overdose

OfflineGrandPoobah
HNIC

Loc: The Dirty
Re: Teenager died after drinking huge amounts of caffeine in short space of time [Re: UltraLiveResin]
    #24323523 - 05/16/17 09:42 AM (5 months, 3 days ago)

Cripes

--------------------
"Niggas in the Point ain't changed" -Andre

Invisibleclockwork228
Perpetual Student

Re: Teenager died after drinking huge amounts of caffeine in short space of time [Re: GrandPoobah]
    #24323577 - 05/16/17 10:09 AM (5 months, 3 days ago)

So if this wasn't a caffeine overdose, what was it then? And why is it that chugging the energy drink at the end is what pushed him over the edge?

--------------------
Om Mani Padme Hum

Om Ah Hum Vajra Guru Padma Siddhi Hum

OrgoneConclusion said - "The majority of the population believe a long-dead rabbi is the key to immortality. The sheer number of nutters means nothing whatsoever."

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

Loc: FL Flag
Re: Teenager died after drinking huge amounts of caffeine in short space of time [Re: egoslap] * 1
    #24323600 - 05/16/17 10:14 AM (5 months, 3 days ago)

Quote:

egoslap said:

‘This is not a heroin overdose,’ Watts added: ‘We’re not saying that it was the total amount of heroin in the system, it was just the way that it was ingested over that short period of time, ]

OfflineEverything
(~} ;-}
Male User Gallery

Re: Teenager died after drinking huge amounts of caffeine in short space of time [Re: Apostle]
    #24323938 - 05/16/17 12:55 PM (5 months, 3 days ago)

right, it was the chugging of the heroin at the end that was the issue with the "respiratory depression", definitely not an OD :lol:

oh man though, that poor kid, this ain't funny :sad:

Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male

Re: Teenager died after drinking huge amounts of caffeine in short space of time [Re: Everything]
    #24324032 - 05/16/17 01:24 PM (5 months, 3 days ago)

Yet cannabis that has never killed anyone is illegal while anyone at any age can buy enough caffeine to kill themselves. Yup fucked up drug laws.

OfflineEverything
(~} ;-}
Male User Gallery

Re: Teenager died after drinking huge amounts of caffeine in short space of time [Re: rider420]
    #24324157 - 05/16/17 02:09 PM (5 months, 3 days ago)

In rebuttal to your claims my state legalized cannabis and made 4-loko's with caffeine illegal, so at least some states are moving in the right direction.

Offlinerider420
Ghost in the machine
Male

Re: Teenager died after drinking huge amounts of caffeine in short space of time [Re: Everything]
    #24324182 - 05/16/17 02:19 PM (5 months, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Everything said:
In rebuttal to your claims my state legalized cannabis and made 4-loko's with caffeine illegal, so at least some states are moving in the right direction.

Good for your state lets just hope that Jeff Sessions doesn't crack down on states that have legalized recreational cannabis but he has said he might even go after medical cannabis use so... Good Luck!

OfflineEverything
(~} ;-}
Male User Gallery

Re: Teenager died after drinking huge amounts of caffeine in short space of time [Re: rider420]
    #24324197 - 05/16/17 02:27 PM (5 months, 3 days ago)

Basically, with the attitude people have here, i know we would fight to the death against that, and win.

InvisibleCyrus19
Represents Enlil's Hope

#24324778 - 05/16/17 06:01 PM (5 months, 3 days ago)

I've probably chugged thousands of energy drinks. He likely had a underlying heart condition or other health issue

OfflineConnoisseur
 User Gallery

Re: Teenager died after drinking huge amounts of caffeine in short space of time [Re: egoslap]
    #24324805 - 05/16/17 06:10 PM (5 months, 3 days ago)

that really sux

OfflineUltraLiveResin
Stranger
Re: Teenager died after drinking huge amounts of caffeine in short space of time [Re: Connoisseur]
    #24324888 - 05/16/17 06:43 PM (5 months, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Connoisseur said:
that really sux

The parents swore up and down that the kid had a good heart and had regular check ups.

I love that he says too much too quickly but not an overdose. If kratom was in a 1 mile radius it would get blamed on that.  Caffiene and sugar have a powerful lobby, they know caffiene makes people crash and want to eat more lower quality foods

That just goes to show you, unless this kid buttchugged these drinks, the energy drinks have a toxic amount of caffiene in them

Edited by UltraLiveResin (05/16/17 06:44 PM)

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: Teenager died after drinking huge amounts of caffeine in short space of time [Re: UltraLiveResin]
    #24325116 - 05/16/17 08:14 PM (5 months, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Coroner Gary Watts said that physicians on his staff determined that Cripe died from a ‘caffeine-induced cardiac event causing a probable arrhythmia.’

However, he added that his death was not a caffeine overdose.

So they get to decide what is and isn't an overdose now?...

Quote:

‘This is not a caffeine overdose,’ Watts added: ‘We’re not saying that it was the total amount of caffeine in the system, it was just the way that it was ingested over that short period of time, and the chugging of the energy drink at the end was what the issue was with the cardiac arrhythmia.’

Cripe may have had the same amount of caffeine on another day and been all right, Watts said.

That's such BS... Kratom takes the blame for poly drug abuse caused deaths but someone drinks too much caffiene too quickly and dies and it's "not an OD"...

AKA "We are not trying to make caffeine out as dangerous becouse it's too big an industry even though this death was directly caused by caffeine"...

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

OfflineEverything
(~} ;-}
Male User Gallery

Re: Teenager died after drinking huge amounts of caffeine in short space of time [Re: musiclover420]
    #24325130 - 05/16/17 08:18 PM (5 months, 3 days ago)

damn if only this kid had access to some good ol fashioned amphetamine.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male

#24325140 - 05/16/17 08:23 PM (5 months, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Everything said:
damn if only this kid had access to some good ol fashioned amphetamine.

You really think a 16 year old doing speed would be a better alternative? It's easy enough for kids to get adderall these days anyways which isn't much different...

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

OfflineEverything
(~} ;-}
Male User Gallery

Re: Teenager died after drinking huge amounts of caffeine in short space of time [Re: musiclover420]
    #24325147 - 05/16/17 08:26 PM (5 months, 3 days ago)

well yeah, adderall, amphetamine, dexedrine, whatever. Yes i do. I was scribed when i was 10-16. Still alive over here.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male

#24325213 - 05/16/17 08:46 PM (5 months, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Everything said:
well yeah, adderall, amphetamine, dexedrine, whatever. Yes i do. I was scribed when i was 10-16. Still alive over here.

If someone can't even use caffeine safely amphetamines seem like a terrible idea.

He probably would be abusing them with his friends recreationally like many with scripts.

Kids shouldn't even be abusing coffee IMO let alone energy drinks or amphetamines. Younger bodies are much more sensitive and even if it doesn't kill you it could permanently effect your brain... I had a friend on adderall as a kid, none of us knew and we ate psychedelics with him a few times and he got more and more anal and uptight. Made him act very strange, looking back it makes sense he was on adderall as he would focus on random things and not be able to move past them.

--------------------

Edited by musiclover420 (05/16/17 08:46 PM)

Onlinepsilly the kid
psychonautical explorer
Male

Loc: Stoprock City
    #24325269 - 05/16/17 09:07 PM (5 months, 3 days ago)

this kid like so many others has fell victim to the greed of America and the stupidity of the masses. ..... or you know something like that.

this is about people not learning personal limits......if he would have lived till 21 he might not become a binge drinker as well. or abused more substances... this suggests the th General public needs more education on all drugs not just psychotropic but all classes.

--------------------
smart is just stupid with a polish. try intelligence instead it usually works better-Terry Pratchet

RomeoPapa said "Bottling.... The PF tek of brewing."

OfflineEverything
(~} ;-}
Male User Gallery

Re: Teenager died after drinking huge amounts of caffeine in short space of time [Re: psilly the kid]
    #24325305 - 05/16/17 09:23 PM (5 months, 3 days ago)

Yeah it probably wouldn't be good, but I bet he wouldn't be dead either basically. It's harder to kill yourself with dexedrine pills than it is with caffeine.

Anyways this is really sad, I'm really suprised this stuff killed him. I'm curious about what kind of energy drink it was, because it could have something to do with caffeine interacting with another ingredient. Maybe the interaction could be more cardiotoxic Idk

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service