Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
How many others before us have thought
    #2432203 - 03/14/04 08:20 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

The human world and our freedoms will permanently end? Think about it, I'm sure many generations of people have been sure the world is going to shit. The Middle Ages in Europe when the plague was spreading and people were dying left and right, warfare was rampant along with starvation, and not much of Europe was moving forward besides in religion, where it became more and more oppressive every day, I'm sure the ones intelligent enough to think thought the world was utterly fucked for sure. Yet, we got over it, the Church lost power, and conditions improved for a while. Art and technology, along with personal freedoms, started to flourish compared to past conditions. Then, America came. Our forefathers knew that politicans and governments would always corrupt in the end, and they tried to prevent this with the Constitution, the Amendments, most notably the First and Second which gave us the freedom to speak freely and protect ourselves, and the often overlooked line, "-That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness." Now, the government is ignoring the Constitution, Amendments and Declaration of Independence with new acts to take away our freedoms, and excluding certain people from the Constitional process, such as terrorists and now, with the Victory Act, people involved in drugs. The world changes, though, and the will of the people always overcomes the oppression of the government, whether from protests, violence or just the legal process of slowly putting people in the government who actually represent us, rather than putting puppets in the highest positions and then telling the people it's their fault as "they were the ones who chose them." Anyhow, I just wanted to comment on that, and that with the will of the people change will come, and the raping of our rights will either come to a stop, or the government will be overthrown, as it gives us the right to do so in the Declaration of Independence.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: How many others before us have thought [Re: Ravus]
    #2432980 - 03/15/04 12:16 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

As long as there are people united against opression and have strong wills to fight the powers that bring us down we will survive. The more they lock us down the more we shall lash out against them. Down with the oppression. Fight the power!

:evil:

Peace,
Droz

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: How many others before us have thought [Re: Ravus]
    #2433007 - 03/15/04 12:24 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

that does seem to be happening in other parts of the world..most recently in spain..where the pro-bush anzar govt has been voted out... and one year ago saw the anti-war movement in other countries...

americans will have the opportunity to oust bush this fall..but they wont...fascism is wildly popular here..and the battle for freedom will be america vs. the world...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Anonymous

Re: How many others before us have thought [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2433154 - 03/15/04 12:53 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

will you explain what you mean by this:
"the battle for freedom will be america vs. the world"

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: How many others before us have thought [Re: ]
    #2434548 - 03/15/04 12:58 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.newamericancentury.org

EDIT: and as i said earlier..the PNAC is by no means the exception...they unfortunately represent the majority...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Edited by Annapurna1 (03/15/04 01:10 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology