Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

Re: The Great Division at the Heart of Generation X [Re: mistamonsta]
    #24318189 - 05/14/17 06:08 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mistamonsta said: I struggle now to even pinpoint what Australian national identity is

Boat people and convicts with kangaroos on bbq's.

It's not that I'm for housing a boat load of immigrants, though population growth and war are issues, but the heritage of Australia is not all that dissimilar from the situation some unfortunate folk find themselves in now.

--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJaegar
Formless One
 User Gallery

Re: The Great Division at the Heart of Generation X [Re: sudly]
    #24318195 - 05/14/17 06:14 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Is sociology  la real science or bunch monkeys in outfitz.

InvisiblePhantomFrequency
Adventures of Ideas

Re: The Great Division at the Heart of Generation X [Re: Jaegar]
    #24318197 - 05/14/17 06:17 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Jaegar, this is one of the only active threads that has some good discussion, views, and insights.  I hope you don't disrupt that

--------------------

"Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play."

-Heraclitus

OfflineJaegar
Formless One
 User Gallery

Re: The Great Division at the Heart of Generation X [Re: PhantomFrequency]
    #24318201 - 05/14/17 06:19 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

You the epitome of this florums views or identity. Step back horacio.

Kinect your dick withchaos.

Edited by Jaegar (05/14/17 06:21 AM)

Adventures of Ideas

Re: The Great Division at the Heart of Generation X [Re: Jaegar]
    #24318236 - 05/14/17 06:44 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I hope the sense you hide behind in real life is not the non sense you are hiding behind here.

--------------------

"Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play."

-Heraclitus

OfflineJaegar
Formless One
 User Gallery

#24318240 - 05/14/17 06:47 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Nigh  young buck I'talk sitting your expectations and beliefs and be your daddy. MORPHING MYSELF into your complex web of complex woo doo your gonna be poo.

Edited by Jaegar (05/14/17 06:49 AM)

Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Zealand Flag
    #24318350 - 05/14/17 08:00 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PhantomFrequency said:
viktor, how did you get started with writing?

My grandfather taught me.

--------------------
"They consider me insane but I know that I am a hero living under the eyes of the gods."

Invisiblemistamonsta
Threadkiller
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: The Great Division at the Heart of Generation X [Re: viktor]
    #24319167 - 05/14/17 04:19 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Do you find many outlets or forums to express you ideas? You are perceptive, show insight, articulate your thoughts well and use some nice metaphor and imagery but these days I fear people like you, PhantomFreq and myself are few and far between.
It bothers me that in academia all this kind of discussion, deep thinking and objective self-analysis of our society/generation/culture has simply become rhetoric and that those in non-intellectual or non-academic circles simply dismiss it as beyond their understanding or experience and therefore worthless.
I suppose I can't expect real dialogue when 140 characters for Twitter is about all most people can string together these days :shrug:

Please keep writing Viktor; you inspire discussion and real thinking, something rare these days. Is that not what good writing should do?

--------------------
MistaMonsta's LAGM 2022

Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

Re: The Great Division at the Heart of Generation X [Re: mistamonsta]
    #24320463 - 05/15/17 05:57 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Cheers, mate.

What's funny is that I write a lot of my pieces with the intent of stirring shit and taking the piss. Then, when they're finished, I read over them and they're often pretty serious. Lot of truth said in jest.

If you like my writing, live in Australia, and are into drugs you might like my novel The Verity Key. It's a cyberpunk story mostly set in Brisbane of 2072 A.D. Google it if you want to know more and PM me if you want me to send you a pdf of it.

--------------------
"They consider me insane but I know that I am a hero living under the eyes of the gods."

Adventures of Ideas

#24320512 - 05/15/17 06:50 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I appreciate your thoughts and your ability to articulate them.  I see a lot of posters who just post videos and quotes from other people.  thats all well and good, but I can just find that online somewhere else.  its not the same as me hearing what they think personally.  if I put my self and my ideas out there, I expect the same.

I'm trying to get more into essay writing, but I can't stop reading :facepalm:

a lot of times, ill try by writing a summary of what I just read.  that helps me assimilate the information a little more than just by reading alone.

what is your initial impetus to write?  is it random?  do you start with a question?  I'm more interested in hearing about the process itself in hopes it will help me develop my own.

--------------------

-Heraclitus

Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

#24320530 - 05/15/17 07:03 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Oddly enough, my impetus is schizophrenia. I have a lot of trouble ordering my thoughts and relating them to anything happening in reality. So for me writing these essays are like practice in how to think properly.

Usually I have to research a bit, think a bit, and then outline my thoughts clearly in a way that makes sense to a reader. So I suppose you could say I was practicing trying to see reality more clearly. Every time I write an essay I learn something myself.

I also run my own publishing company, which publishes my essays and those of some other people to a small online audience. It's quite fun interacting with people who are interested in the same subjects (esp. esoterica) but who might not have the time to write essays themselves.

--------------------

Adventures of Ideas

#24320555 - 05/15/17 07:11 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

yea man, sounds cool.  I've been poking around some local meet up things in my area, but I haven't found the right one yet as far as what I'm into reading and thinking wise.  I think interacting with people and having your ideas heard, and then developing them further from there, is important.

I wouldn't go to a meet up or a forum like this to learn about a scientific idea or theory.  I can google those.  I come to hear about other peoples thoughts on them, explain my own, and then see if there is a way to synthesize the two or develop them further.

--------------------

-Heraclitus

Offlineviktor
psychotechnician
Male User Gallery

#24320589 - 05/15/17 07:37 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

If you can figure out how to express original thoughts in an illuminating manner, then there will always be others willing to discuss ideas with you.

The logo of my company is a bunch of psilocybin shrooms, I hope that this can serve as a rallying point for people who are interested in the insights that can come from the psychedelic experience.

--------------------

Adventures of Ideas

#24320630 - 05/15/17 08:10 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

my life has been (and continues to be) heavily influenced by psychedelics, and a lot of what I used to believe came directly from them.

in the last couple of years though, although my use has not changed, the way I see them fitting into the context of my worldview is a lot different.  i used to hold them in much higher esteem. 

--------------------

-Heraclitus

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate