Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Player Unkown: Battlegrounds
    #24319194 - 05/14/17 04:29 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Who's playing it?
So far, I think it's pretty fucking awesome.
Concept and overall gameplay is fucking awesome. Long range combat is pretty good.
I like that loot is easy to find and you pretty much will always find a weapon or 2 in any unlooted house,
and weapons spawn with the same ammo they use. So as soon as you find a gun you are ready to load.
So the game is more about looting up really fast and then going to dominate people. None of this searching for 2 hours to find a gun like DayZ.
Also no hunger/thirst/disease so it's not a 'survival' game, no worrying about starving to death and shit.. only have to worry about your health and your boost.

Close-range and fast paced combat is kinda sketchy at times... definitely needs some work and optimizations there. Lag out of nowhere and desync are pretty common.
Shooting is kind of 'loose' at the moment, definitely not as tight as it could be, but still pretty good.
The end-game is pretty damn fun and I like the progression aspect and how you can modify weapons
overall a solid fucking game and in super Early Access.

If I had to compare it to anything, It's like DayZ/H1Z1 in terms of layout and general graphics, but with almost a Quake-like level of combat, very fast paced. But the gameplay experience is unlike any other game I have played.

If you aren't aware of it all.. basic concept is that it's an every man for himself type of game, last man standing wins (if playing solo). You can also do duos and squads of 4
Every match usually has around 60-100 players.
Everyone starts out in an airplane flying over the land (it's a HUGE map), different direction every time.. you choose when to jump out and parachute down, you control your descent
As soon as you land you can start looting up houses and whatnot, loot is pretty abundant so there's not much shortage
After a few minutes there's a message that the battlefield is being restricted, and if you check your map there will be a big ring where the "safe zone" is
Then a giant blue force field will come and form a huge ring around that area of the map, if you are outside the ring you will be taking continual steady damage
So you have to move to the safe zone. Every few minutes the ring shrinks again, more and more until the safe zone is a very small area of the map, last one alive wins

Overall a fun ass game and has a ton of potential. Needs a lot of optimization as it can be pretty laggy at times but I think a lot depends on the server you are on

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewolf8312
Pennywise
 User Gallery

Re: Player Unkown: Battlegrounds [Re: Shroomism]
    #24347934 - 05/25/17 02:41 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I would but after day Z and a few others swore I'd never buy another early access!

--------------------
"I'm every nightmare you ever had. I am your worst dreams come true. I am everything you ever were afraid of."

Pennywise the dancing clown

OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
Re: Player Unkown: Battlegrounds [Re: wolf8312]
    #24348806 - 05/25/17 11:54 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

looked interesting but I'm not usually into shooters, i can't keep up with them.

--------------------

Invisibleschwarg
Male

Loc: San Diego Flag
Re: Player Unkown: Battlegrounds [Re: ReposadoXochipilli]
    #24350138 - 05/25/17 08:53 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Heard about it, got it on my list of games to check out.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Player Unkown: Battlegrounds [Re: ReposadoXochipilli]
    #24357155 - 05/28/17 06:30 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I like this game because you don't have to invest a lot of time into it if you don't want.
It's no problem to just hop into a game real quick.. it could last 15-20 minutes or you could die in the first couple minutes. Games pretty much have a set time limit, I don't think I've had one go over 30 mins or so.
You can just play a couple games or just one and stop

I also tried to swear off Early access games after DayZ (I held out hope for DayZ too.. but isn't it fucking STILL in Early access like 4 years later? lol)
But this game got me by the balls, it's a fun little game. Nothing like DayZ at all really... except maybe similar in graphics.
The movement is better/more fluid... vehicles worked since day 1.. no searching for hours to find loot. Combat, even though it is kind of janky at the limits.. I'd still say it's way better control than DayZ.
Gameplay is completely and totally different. No attachment to gear really... when you die it isn't some terrible fuck you event. It's easy to gear up fast so it's not a huge loss when you die, you just start over.

--------------------

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Player Unkown: Battlegrounds [Re: Shroomism]
    #24366827 - 06/01/17 01:50 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Love it, it's like a sped up DayZ

Edited by PreparationH (06/01/17 01:55 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom