Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblehongo
Hmmm

Mutation??
    #2794994 - 06/15/04 12:21 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Hello, this mushroom grew a fwew months ago:eek:, i?ve never seen something like that before, does anybody here have such mutations? Any ideas why they mutate so? i?ve read somewhere, that using desinfection sprays like lysol would make the mushrooms look diferent, or mutated, but i didnt handled the cake with it!
Any theories?

Tanx!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Mutation?? [Re: hongo]
    #2795212 - 06/15/04 01:27 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

That's a mutation called "Rose Comb". That mutation happens more due to the mushroom genetics than any other foreign possibility.
Try reading the contamination faq about this issue.
The one you grew looks like a nipple, i find it beautiful. I would give it a kiss before i'd eat it :wink: ....

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

Re: Mutation?? [Re: hongo]
    #2795370 - 06/15/04 02:07 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

It's amazing, really. . .the surface of the cap has started 'going backward' and developing into gill tissue.  Sometimes this process can continue and you get a siamese twin mushroom connected at the cap[s]---even a second stem growing upward through the rosecomb!
Anyway, I think it's pretty cool too  :wink:

Invisiblehongo
Hmmm

Re: Mutation?? [Re: Suntzu]
    #2795868 - 06/15/04 04:54 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Hi guys, thanks for your feedback! I forgot to mention that the  beautifull "nipple" (like MAIA named it) produced spores as well!
I named it "the brain" because it looked like that! Is there any forum about mutations here? :grin: :thumbup: Hongo

OfflineRabbleRowser
Stranger

Re: Mutation?? [Re: Suntzu]
    #24318802 - 05/14/17 12:27 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Suntzu said:
It's amazing, really. . .the surface of the cap has started 'going backward' and developing into gill tissue.  Sometimes this process can continue and you get a siamese twin mushroom connected at the cap[s]---even a second stem growing upward through the rosecomb!
Anyway, I think it's pretty cool too  :wink:

I had the same issue going on, haven't noticed any ill effects in consumption, but I had a Siamese cap with no stipe mirrored off the top of another cap like the one pictured. It was pretty cool they were connected by the tiniest bit of tissue, it almost just fell off when I picked it. I'm currently working on breeding it out of the variety: using a SAB, made an alcohol lamp, started working with agar, being extra careful and clean with prints and syringes, and most importantly just stopped half assing my research, which is how I think I started the mutation in the first place.

--------------------
--Grows before hoes--

Offlinepolaritymind
relaxed attention
I'm a teapot

Loc: Germany Flag
Re: Mutation?? [Re: RabbleRowser]
    #24321097 - 05/15/17 12:11 PM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Wow thats crazy cool, awesome man, thanks for showing us this :0

--------------------
"to affirm life is to also affirm death"
-Albert hofmann

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures