Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Shpongle, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Relaxation after a hard day...
    #2431658 - 03/14/04 05:00 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

A little while back i use to spend my time doing this to get relaxed and to get away from the everyday things of society. Not only was it one of my favorite things to do I use to not get yelled at for doing it. Now when i do this my parents look at me like i need to be on medicine.

These trees are one of the oldest trees that are in this town. A banyon tree can grow and live for more then one hundred and fifty years. So far I have not seen a dead one and the one in my yard is actually just a baby of about fifty years. If you don?t have a banyon tree and climbing tree works. It wasn?t just for relaxation I built some muscle climbing this thing.

I think this tree is one of my favorite life forms on the planet, that and the occasional bumble bee. I would climb to the top and reach the cool breeze where I could see the main road from my house. It?s sort of like meditation because when I reach my favorite spot I get to rest, relax and smoke. As I sit back and listen to the world pass me by I have noticed plenty of things. Life is amazing and when you take the time to think about how life came to be the more I wanted to sit there in the tree in this sort of meditation trance.

Tell me about some of your times of relaxation.
Peace,
Droz

The wind of time always will blow by, better late then never to sit outside and listen to it?s words.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Relaxation after a hard day... [Re: Droz]
    #2431730 - 03/14/04 05:28 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

It has been a long time since I've graced the halls of relaxation. In this stressful atmosphere I hardly know what it is.

However, I do find nature to be extremely ponderous. The mere thought that everything is linked together, that the banyon tree and the bumble bee and myself all came from the same ground I love and cherish is absolutely incredible. The mere thought is a relaxation in itself, the thirst for something new and intriguing continues to slake my desires.

To relax in a more physical sense; why that would just be hanging up a hammock or sitting atop a mountain peering down on the world. Why not relax by the beach and bask in the sun like a group of sea lions? Ahhh, the good old days :beer:.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: Relaxation after a hard day... [Re: daba]
    #2431825 - 03/14/04 06:11 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I use to spend a lot of time down on the beach playing volleyball. Taking frequent visits to my car for a nice cold beer. Those WERE the days! Pretty soon it's back to work for me, i've had plenty of time to relax on the unemployment line. Horrible that I don't have that much more money for those frosty beverages. Back to work I go.

It's back to staying up late and drinking loads of coffee and eating sugar cakes. As I spend my time lacking my spiritual self involvement and back to studying for my A+ certification. Study, study, study.

Later on,
Droz

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Offlineanarchyhollow
Creator, DrugExploree

Loc: Heart
    #2431970 - 03/14/04 07:00 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

That's great...i wish i had a tree (actually, a back yard for a tree would be a nice starting point) like that to climb, and just relax. I think now that you mentioned this, i'm gonna go find a tree distant from streets so that i can climb it :laugh: I really want to go to south america and experience being in the jungle. McKennas illustrious memories of the amazon are simply amazing. Another thing that relaxes me is smoking...hmmm, i think i'll go smoke some herb right now! Peace

--------------------
See, the shrooms explore me. They riddle my mind, they teach me the eternal with direct experience. My soul is one with existance.

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
Re: Relaxation after a hard day... [Re: anarchyhollow]
    #2432160 - 03/14/04 08:10 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

well damn.. i sure do miss smoking :/

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
    #2432247 - 03/14/04 08:36 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Herb and 10 minutes of star-staring do it for me. Nothing like getting work done sitting on the back of my car sparking something up to lay back and look at the clear night sky. Not many times i get to do this with herb , only when no ones home. When not i just smoke a cig and stare at the stars.

--------------------

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #2432260 - 03/14/04 08:40 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

thats awesome! i wish i had a cool tree like that.

I worked 13 hours yesterday and my lower back kills. Today i had off, and after a 40 minute run i took a long hot bath, then went in my room, turned on some shpongle, lit some candles and insence and practiced yoga. After that i turned off the music, sat in my cozy bed with the candles still burning and meditated. Talk about the ultimate health day :smile: I forgot to shut my door though, so the cat of course comes and starts rubbing me 20 mins into it, heehe.

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2432404 - 03/14/04 09:35 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I grew up in Huntington Beach. I used to ride my bike to the beach and sit and listen to the surf. The sound was really soothing, and it took me away from the sounds of the city and the perceived stress and chaos.

I think water absorbs negative energy. Someone once told me that there should be a dish of water in every room to absorb negative energy.

These days, I take the easy way out to de-stress. A few games of pool and a few glasses of wine. Screwing around with people. Using mindless events to take my mind off the day's events. Starbucks and some chat with the locals who hang out there.

The busiest Starbucks in California (according to one of my sources) is the Starbucks in Santa Ana on Main Street across from Main Place Mall. It's busy, even at midnight.

I hang out there a lot because I haven't exactly had a peaceful place to go and unwind at night in recent weeks. I've met some locals who are interesting and doing different things in their lives. It takes my mind off the stuff going on in my life, such as business, family, etc. It's fun to talk to other people about what they are doing, where they are going.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Shpongle, Terrence McKenna

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology