Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

NEW AND IMPROVED!!!!! more dangerous poll ver. 2.0!
    #2431482 - 03/14/04 01:53 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

which would present a greater risk to public safety if it was legal for private citizens to buy and own?
more dangerous?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (03/14/04 12:00 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: NEW AND IMPROVED!!!!! more dangerous poll ver. 2.0! [Re: ]
    #2431487 - 03/14/04 01:54 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Not even close

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2431488 - 03/14/04 01:54 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

BTW, that's sarin gas going cheap at 10 million dollars a vial  :smile2:

And not forgetting the million dollar lab in your house to legally store and own it. The neighbours might be a trifle annoyed if you leave the 500 gallons of nerve agent on the patio  :smile2:

Maybe someone should start a poll asking how many people would have died at Columbine if the attackers had been armed with a vial of sarin gas apeice as opposed to automatic rifles and handguns?

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

#2431491 - 03/14/04 01:55 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

a match and a can of gas can be just as dangerous as a gallon sarin.

--------------------

http://www.sacredshrooms.org

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: NEW AND IMPROVED!!!!! more dangerous poll ver. 2.0! [Re: zappaisgod]
    #2431497 - 03/14/04 01:56 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

And I own semi-weapons. Well just one the others are levers and a pump. They're almost as fast though. And they are all legal

--------------------

OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
Re: NEW AND IMPROVED!!!!! more dangerous poll ver. 2.0! [Re: Xlea321]
    #2431520 - 03/14/04 02:03 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:
BTW, that's sarin gas going cheap at 10 million dollars a vial  :smile2:

Instead of saying things like this, you could just type "I'm totally ignorant of what I'm talking about". If Sarin was legal and could be purchased from chemical houses, it wouldn't be 10,000,000 per "Vial". Where do you get this vial reference anyway, do you think it's sold like LSD?
Quote:

And not forgetting the million dollar lab in your house to legally store and own it. The neighbours might be a trifle annoyed if you leave the 500 gallons of nerve agent on the patio  :smile2:

You are a complete dolt. 
Quote:

Maybe someone should start a poll asking how many people would have died at Columbine if the attackers had been armed with a vial of sarin gas apeice as opposed to automatic rifles and handguns?

Why are you now using a specific event? Apples and oranges.

I'm going to get my login and password to Janes.com so I can use their information to prove your ignorance. I seem to recall I did the same thing on your "Anthrax spores have a very limited shelf-life" idocy.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: NEW AND IMPROVED!!!!! more dangerous poll ver. 2.0! [Re: TheOneYouKnow]
    #2431529 - 03/14/04 02:05 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Man, are you way past your banning date. Your other puppets usually lasted 3 weeks tops :smile2:

OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
Re: NEW AND IMPROVED!!!!! more dangerous poll ver. 2.0! [Re: Xlea321]
    #2431792 - 03/14/04 03:58 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yea, well, I talked with geo and he set down some rules for me, so far, I'm sticking with them :-) Thanks for your concern tho, I promise that even if I am banned, I'll just come right back just so I can enjoy taunting you.

Again, in columbine, a firearm probably was the best method, even if other methods were available. However, I'd say that ammonium nitrate fertilizer is better than both of them. Do you think that McVeigh would be better off with his truck filled with explosives, or with a gun or three?

--------------------
Opinions are like assholes; everyone needs one or else they'd explode

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #2432077 - 03/14/04 05:42 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I myself own a handgun and a semi-automatic rifle. A gun is a tool its no better than the person using it. I see a small problem with people who have automatic assault rifles and submachineguns. Mainly because they really have no specific use other than mowing multiple people down and you dont need that for self defense. All you need is a pistol or revolver for self defense.

The 2nd admendment was written in the constitution for a reason, and i simply dont trust a country who doesnt trust their own citezens with firearms. Thats the true essence of freedom.

You will always have wackjobs who kill people, Thats a judicial problem not a gun problem. We cant ban knives just because people stab eachother with them.

OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
Re: NEW AND IMPROVED!!!!! more dangerous poll ver. 2.0! [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #2440382 - 03/16/04 05:46 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:
I myself own a handgun and a semi-automatic rifle. A gun is a tool its no better than the person using it. I see a small problem with people who have automatic assault rifles and submachineguns. Mainly because they really have no specific use other than mowing multiple people down and you dont need that for self defense. All you need is a pistol or revolver for self defense.

Subjective, but I agree with most of it. Full-auto firearms are damn near useless in combat, 3round burst is nice, but I prefer to place 2 aimed shots in quick sucession. This is definatly not a "burst" of two rounds, or a double-tap, it is two rounds fired as quickly as possible while maintaining accuracy. Obviously this only works for non-bolt action rifles in a anti-"group" situation. The best thing about full-auto weapons is that they can be used against troop formations and/or light vehicles. If carry laws were non-existant, if you are in your own home, or if their was a "Revolution", the best personal defense weapon would be either a shotgun. You hit the head on the nail when you said a firearm is only as good as the person shooting it, tho.
Quote:

The 2nd admendment was written in the constitution for a reason, and i simply dont trust a country who doesnt trust their own citezens with firearms. Thats the true essence of freedom.

Agreed, our revolutionary right and so on. Plus, I enjoy guns.
Quote:

You will always have wackjobs who kill people, Thats a judicial problem not a gun problem. We cant ban knives just because people stab eachother with them.

Exactly. And if the criminal element has a harder time getting guns than they do knives, and the civilian populace has the courage to carry guns, criminals will soon be out of work.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2440436 - 03/16/04 06:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You forgot fertilizer and diesel fuel.

--------------------
This space for rent

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #2440478 - 03/16/04 06:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TheOneYouKnow said:
Full-auto firearms are damn near useless in combat, 3round burst is nice, but I prefer to place 2 aimed shots in quick sucession. This is definatly not a "burst" of two rounds, or a double-tap, it is two rounds fired as quickly as possible while maintaining accuracy.

It's obvious that you haven't served in the military or otherwise you didn't pick up on much. Full auto and three round burst have definative uses on the battlefield. It's a thing called supressive fire, which is used to keep the enemy's head down. Also in low visibility or around blind corners, a spray of bullets can clean out unseen enemy fighters. Controled fully automatic fire is also effective at taking out moving targets.

Your two aimed shots approach sounds like something that you and your friends made up while out plinking one day.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
Re: NEW AND IMPROVED!!!!! more dangerous poll ver. 2.0! [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2440517 - 03/16/04 06:23 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Ekstaza said:
It's obvious that you haven't served in the military or otherwise you didn't pick up on much. Full auto and three round burst have definative uses on the battlefield. It's a thing called supressive fire, which is used to keep the enemy's head down. Also in low visibility or around blind corners, a spray of bullets can clean out unseen enemy fighters. Controled fully automatic fire is also effective at taking out moving targets.

Would it be more "obvious" if I told you that I enlisted in the Marine Corps with an MOS of 0311. That I underwent recruit training at MCRD Parris Island? That I went to my AIT at Lejuene? That I became a scout/sniper and was in the 2nd recon batallion? I shoot 2-3 times a week. If you look at, for example, the amount of rounds expended in the Vietnam war versus the number of dead enemies, it's somewhere around 1.5 million rounds (yes, 1,500,000) per soldier. I won't be as ignorant as you and pretend to know what your miltary history is, but I'm betting it was probably limited to getting stoned and watching Apoc Now Redux and FMJ in one night.

I didnt' say that they had no place in combat, and I should have clarified my position to mean I meant guerilla combat, rather than battlefield combat. If you've never heard of two aimed, controlled shots, you've never taken an NRA pistol course, any law enforcement pistol course, or any military pistol course. The vernacular that I used was a "double-tap", read some shooting books and see if you find that.

The majority of my military training wasn't spent learning how to turn my prescion firearm into a noise-maker to keep heads down, it was learning how to conceal, stalk and fire a shot designed to remove the head totally.
Quote:

Your two aimed shots approach sounds like something that you and your friends made up while out plinking one day.

I'd love to scan some of the targets that I've used my .300 Winchester Magnum to reach out to 1200 yards with, I'm sure that you couldn't duplicate that feat. How do you think that any shooting system, or "approach" gets invented? A instinctive knowledge? Hardly. They are developed. If you'd like to have a test of our abilities to handle a firearm, I'd let you pick any ones that you wanted to and we could meet at the 1500 yard range that Gunsite Tactical has set up, and see who can really do some mad leet shooting :-) PM me if you want to attend, I'll need 2 weeks advance notice for work and such.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #2442861 - 03/17/04 10:31 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Me Bad, pachewy chomp.

I made an assumumption and it was wrong. What hurts me the most is that it was about you, but I'll live.

But seriously, you expect to conduct an insurgency with just sniper fire? Very few individuals are capable producing consistently accurate dead on shots. Or would you say that your extensive training was not neccessary and any yahoo could just jump in mix and start making one shot one kill.

edited for clarity

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Loc: New York
    #2443177 - 03/17/04 12:04 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:

I agree with this. But I think that anyone who owns a gun for "self defense" is part of the problem.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: NEW AND IMPROVED!!!!! more dangerous poll ver. 2.0! [Re: Gijith]
    #2443224 - 03/17/04 12:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Gijith said:
But I think that anyone who owns a gun for "self defense" is part of the problem.

:shake: Yes, freedom to defend yourself is a problem isn't it?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Re: NEW AND IMPROVED!!!!! more dangerous poll ver. 2.0! [Re: Evolving]
    #2443237 - 03/17/04 12:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

You're defending yourself against other people who are defending themselves.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: NEW AND IMPROVED!!!!! more dangerous poll ver. 2.0! [Re: Gijith]
    #2443247 - 03/17/04 12:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Gijith said:
You're defending yourself against other people who are defending themselves.

That statement makes no sense.

On second thought, yes I can see where a woman who is being raped or a person who is the victim of a home invasion robbery is in fact an aggressor. That makes perfect sense if you're looking at it from the perspective of an idiot in a drug induced stupor.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Edited by Evolving (03/17/04 12:28 PM)

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #2443255 - 03/17/04 12:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

The_Red_Crayon said:

I agree with this totally!

Quote:

Indeed. Most gunowners I've met are very responsible.

InvisibleGijith
Daisy Chain Eater

Re: NEW AND IMPROVED!!!!! more dangerous poll ver. 2.0! [Re: Evolving]
    #2443282 - 03/17/04 12:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Most people who buy guns for self defense do it because other people have guns. Why did those other people buy guns? Because other people have guns. Why did those people buy guns?.... Blah blah blah.
I'd guess practically nobody buys guns for "offensive" reasons. Everyone buys them out of fear that some sinister person is going to use a gun against them (the chances of this are extremely small, but increases every time someone buys a gun for self defense :wink:). Most of the time, you get gun deaths when two people with this mentality meet.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale