Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Dr. Filthysock's feelgood tek (self improvement)
    #2430897 - 03/14/04 12:23 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

For self improvement I have noticed that the most important factors are three, routine, sacrifice and good habbits.

I will start keeping a routine, which goes something like this:

Go to bed early
Wake up early
Eat a healthy breakfast
Go to school
Come back, eat and relax about an hour
Do my homework
Work out (every second day)
Meditate (20 min. for starters, 30. min when I progress and then hour)
Eat
Rest of the evening I hang with friends with the INTENT to be positive and spread positive vibes onto others... and hang at the shroomery or do whatever

I figured out some healthy sacrifices which I will do:
Cut down on smoking (nicotine) to a minimum
Cut out the weed and smoke at good occasion once a month
Drink only twice a month at most

Habits:
Breathing excersises (breath at slower and relaxed) as often as possible.
Thinking positive, seeing the beauty in things, spreading positivity
Being social when as often as possible when i'm not doing the other things mentioned
Keeping my things organized and my room tidy
Eating at least one fruit a day
Drinking water and preferred to other drinks (Juice is good to)
Add more humor in life, when you smirk, smile, when you smile, grin, when you grin laugh, when you laugh laugh hysterically!
Force yourself to think positive and ignore anything negative

See, the reason I came up with this is I noticed that when I have periods where I do this I feel alot better about myself.  My inner strength grows alot and I'm alot more pleased about my self and I'm alot more of a pleasant individual.  I get alot less frustrated about thigns and alot more concentrated.
If you only live your every minute in sacrifice you will stress yourself out, you're supposed to reward yourself at times.  I find that meditation raises my clarity, concentration and I'm alot more relaxed... alot more pleasant towards others.  When I work out every other day I feel alot more confident about myself, and my anxiety is almost non-existant.  Tripping is very healthy also, it puts you in introperspective mode and connects you with divine energy and its fun... so its very healthy like once every or every second month.  Smoking weed a month is nice to reward myself and to reflect about myself... and being social as often as possible is very healthy to.  A tidy room (for my sake) makes me feel alot better and concentrated too for some weird reason, if my room is at place so is my state of mind.

I reccomend this procedure (or you're on variety of it) if you are feeling out of place and depressed or have anxiety like social anxiety for instance.

Key factors are sacrifice, routine and good habbits.

-Dr. Filthysock- :wink:

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Edited by filthysock (03/15/04 06:34 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCerebralFlower
whats left?

Loc: only the truth is left
Re: Dr. Filthysock's feelgood tek (self improvement) [Re: filthysock]
    #2431771 - 03/14/04 05:45 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

fuck that lol

--------------------
God says dance with your heart
And shake free of you desire

Where theres a will theres always a way
When you get confused listen to the music play

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2431812 - 03/14/04 06:06 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Very Good!
Emphasize the sacrifice part.

I'm going to expand on this by adding material I posted long ago in the, sine qua non, S&P Forum, on the matter of "Discipline":

I used to be one disgustingly un-disciplined fuck.

I made the decision to be more self-disciplined.

SELF, is the key-word here.

What other logical decision would there be to make? I just realized how much I was hating myself for being so lazy and such an unproductive human being.
How could I go wrong with a sure bet to change, for the better good?

So I did.  Plain and simple. -snaps fingers- Just like that.

But heres what really did it for me..one of the things that REALLY helped me was the realization that sacrifices are the key to success. I am a very strong believer in that if you don't suffer you won't get ahead in life.

I realized that if I make sacrifices, I WILL get rewarded for it, more than one way or another, on so many levels.
Everyday, I make sacrifices...
I want to play video games all damn day long...
I want to eat ice cream and watch tv all damn day long..
I want have sex all damn day long and not do a damn thing...
I want fuck around on the internet all damn day long...
I want to party and do drugs and get fucked up all damn day long..
I want to buy all kinds of shit I want but don't need...
There are TONS of things I want to do, all damn day long...

But I don't. It's all about making sacrifices.

For example, I used to always be late and tardy for work, which was really my only downfall when it comes to jobs in the past. Other than that, I was always one of the best most honest workers. But regardless it was still a very job-threatening and not to mention financially-threatening behavior that I "Tried" really hard to shake off...

But I never realized that I was 'trying' the wrong way.
The solution was so simple, that I just overlooked it.
Solution? I get my ass in bed every day, EARLY. 5:30 to 6:00 pm.
And I wake up EARLY with ease. No problems at all.
I sacrifice watching my tv shows that always kept me up late at night.
I sacrifice spending time on the net, engaging in fun debates and whatnot..

And what do I get in return? Success.
I'm more successful in completing my goals.
I'm more successful in maintaining my professional work-ethics.
I'm more successful in achieving that which makes me happier not only short-term but more importantly....long-term.
All of the above which fuels my self-disciplinary energy and pride and self-respect even further and thus creating a harmonic cycle of happiness and so forth...

So, to me, the secret is making sacrifices. That's what It really comes down to. :wink:

Most self-made millionaires, for example, drive pick-up trucks and shop at wal-mart and clip coupons. They don't go all Mr-BlingBling and waste money on high-rolling benzes and caddies and alla that jazz. They make sacrifices on their wants, and strictly, compulsively save money and sock it away, for years and years and years; and of course, they make smart choices as to what to DO with it.

Sacrifice = Success.   

I also like this part of your post:
Go to bed early
Wake up early

I do this, religiously, because I know how smart it is, in the long run.

lol, I spent nearly all of my childhood trying to defy my parental unit's rules of "going to bed early, and waking up early". And now I've come 360 degrees.

Listen to your elders, people.

Great post...Dr FilthySock. When are you gonna be on Oprah?

:wink:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
    #2432585 - 03/14/04 10:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

sounds like something i need to do, excluding cutting out daily bowl chiefing! :wink:

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: Dr. Filthysock's feelgood tek (self improvement) [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2433591 - 03/15/04 03:20 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SkorpivoMusterion said:
lol, I spent nearly all of my childhood trying to defy my parental unit's rules of "going to bed early, and waking up early". And now I've come 360 degrees.

Listen to your elders, people.

:laugh:Yeah its funny how it works like that, you're parents stress most of the years they have you trying to make you do this and that but it never becomes of any importance to you before you realize it yourself and sort yourself out, but its only then you do it with meaning.

--------------------

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

#2433592 - 03/15/04 03:21 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

And I have no idea why the above got colored red!

--------------------

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #2433789 - 03/15/04 04:47 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

this should be stickied.
pretty much the stuff you said plus water and being conscious of your diet IS the cure for almost everything IMHO
cure is a strange word as things are rarely black and white, but I really believe we need to combine science and religion when it comes to health..  I mean shit why would you just let your car break and take it to the shop and say fix it?
it is easy to prevent a car from breaking down.. eventually yes, things will
break
but wouldnt you do everything to prevent that, especially since we are not talking about a car but about ourselves.
whats more would you let yourself drive it drunk?
thats how I see the man who has not found a spiritual side..
I swear
we
can
become healthier by re-uniting ourselves to ourselves :laugh:
becoming whole again :heart:

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: Dr. Filthysock's feelgood tek (self improvement) [Re: shaggy101]
    #2433822 - 03/15/04 05:13 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I was thinking this deserves to be sticked for at least a while...
I think I will edit it when I think something worth editing. Today, I smoked a cigarette and felt really yucky towards the middle of the cigarette, minor nausea and stuff, so I just took a cup of water and voila! Felt better again! I thought of adding that here, water. I mean have you noticed how much water does for your skin, if you drink 8 cups a day you're chances of getting zits are at a minimum and you're skin gets smoother and nicer... so just imagine what it does to your insides and not to mention mental health oposed to coca cola which fucks your health mentally and physically. Anyone notice how they feel after a week of drinking coke oposed to a week of only drinking water... the water is worth the sacrifice of good tasting liquid.

I'm not the type to believe you should go all out eating salad and rice cakes all day, but a fruit a day and drinking more water than other drinks is well worth it.

So I'm going to edit the initiating post now...

PS.
Maybe an administrator could concider sticking this up for a while?

--------------------

Edited by filthysock (03/15/04 05:15 AM)

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #2433833 - 03/15/04 05:18 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I really just think its important to be conscious of your diet and mostly how it effects you.  Listen to your what your body says about what your doing to it, after all your on the same side  :wink:

InvisibleLe_Canard
Slightly Nutty

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #2433931 - 03/15/04 07:55 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Great advice! But I think something should be added. You forgot humor! Seek it out wherever you may find it. "A merry heart is as good medicine", I believe the old saying goes. :laugh: Oh yes, and learn to laugh at yourself! :grin:

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2433983 - 03/15/04 09:09 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I wish to add more material I've shared in the S&P, on this matter..

Look around you. Everything you see, began as a thought in someone's mind. The chair you sit on. The table you work at. The car you drive. The house you live in. The clothes you wear. The television you watch. First, a thought. Then, a thing--brought forth out of nothing. Voila`! There it is. Everything begins as a thought.

The verb for turning thoughts into thing is--"to manifest." It comes from the Middle English word Manifestus meaning visible and the Latin word manus meaning hand. When you manifest something you metaphorically reach your hand through the invisible curtain seperating the tangible world from the world of imagination and pull your desired object into existence.
First you think it and then, you manifest it. You "materialize" it. You cause it to appear. Everyone manifests. Some people manifest abundance. Ask yourself, "How did I manifest this?" You are the fruit of the thoughts you have planted and nourished. If you want a better harvest, you must plant better thoughts. Just like an apple seed will not produce a peach tree, poor thoughts will not produce happiness, prosperity and peace. As surely as the acorn becomes the oak tree, the images in your mind become your reality.

Thoughts are things. Every thought has a consequence. No thought lives in your brain rent-free. Each thought is a pebble dropped into the pond of your life--the ripples are real. The more intense the thought, the more powerful the outcome. An angry thought gets picked up like a radio wave. People can sense it. Animals can smell it. The whole energy system surrounding you is infected. Weed out such thoughts.

Think positive thoughts, intensely. Grow enthusiastic images, boldly. Speak only wonderful words to  yourself, constantly. Feel fantastic, NOW! This colors your view of the world. Like a magnet, you attract the resources ncesessary to manifest the world you desire.

Everything manifested around you made someone a fortune. Everywhere you look, you can see it. The chair you sit in. The table you work at. The car you drive. The house you live in. The clothes you wear. The television you watch...

And it doesnt stop anywhere near there, either....Think about the ENTIRE WORLD, and all of the infinite intricacies that makes The World what it is, today...

Beautiful, isnt it?
:wink:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: Dr. Filthysock's feelgood tek (self improvement) [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2435778 - 03/15/04 06:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Wow!  Very well put!!!
Very inspiring... :thumbup:!

I've started to follow this schedule and practice the things I have written and I feel so much better allready, I feel more calm and relaxed and good about myself... its started to work really fast, 3-4 days and I'm totally into this routine and feeling the effects, the wonder ingrediant is seriously meditation, meditation can work wonders.  I think I've figured what it is about meditation, its just like you work out your muscles, but your working out your brain, you are working up your patience, you're focus, you're clarity and positivity basically.
What happens to your body when it does whatever it wants to do, it gets out of shape, lazy and week.  What happens if you let you're mind wander off, contemplating all the things that bother you it gets so easy to sit and complain in your mind because it requires the least amount of effort, to stay out of focus and unconcentrated and in a negative mood requires least effort, but when you meditate you work out your brain and general mental health.  So you know when you work out your muscles its only working when you feel it burn, when it comes to meditation I feel it's working when I'm starting to get unpatient and I just want to open my eyes... but I just smile to myself and feel how it feels good (just like the burning sensation when you work out) and keep it going for another 5-10 minutes.  I open my eyes and feel grrrrreat!

--------------------

Edited by filthysock (03/15/04 06:43 PM)

Offlinetemperance
ma[ybe]gician

Loc: southern ca
    #2435791 - 03/15/04 06:33 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I would add that, at least for me, it is usually important to not become too emotionally attached to routine because, in my experiences, every day may not be the same (and usually, each day is quite different as far as everything goes... 'specially my mood). If one becomes too attached to and/or reliant upon her/his routine and something happens one day which makes it impossible to adhere to her/his routine, emotional breakdowns may be possible. A routine may become as addictive as any substance, in my experiences.

Also, I have found more positive results in my life through discipline and not force nor deprivation. There may be a fine line between these. Deprivation may be unhealthy to the psyche. If one wants to play video games really, really badly one day, I think it may be important to satisfy the subconscious craving. I tend to always leave room for exceptions of any kind, since, as I said, every day is usually different for myself. Moderation in all things may be something to consider.

Oh, and I second the addition of humor. I don't know that I'd be alive if it weren't for my sense of humor.

--------------------
It may be best to not take anything I say too seriously because I surely don't. Anything I say may be subject to revision at any time by any person, place, thing, or catastrophic event. And please don't call me Shirley.

Edited by temperance (03/15/04 06:45 PM)

Offlinenewman77
Stranger
    #2475186 - 03/26/04 12:42 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Dude this might help you in your attempts at self improvement. I just got this subliminal messaging software. I've had it for about a month and half now and I can't believe it's so effective. It continuously flashes subliminal messages on your computer screen. It comes with a number of self improvement programs or you can customize it with your own program. It's basically continuous programming as you work, check email or surf. Download a copy here:

http://www.myhelphub.com/start/purchase.aspx?p=subliminal-power&v=download&m=m&afl=9907

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: Dr. Filthysock's feelgood tek (self improvement) [Re: newman77]
    #2476512 - 03/26/04 12:55 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

You know the frequency of things around us affect us continuously, sitting infront of a computer or around electronics all day build up a certain level of stress, same as with fluorescent lights, frequency's we dont even see stress us out, this becomes really obvious when you trip where all you want to do is go out into nature where the frequency's of things around you syncronize in harmony.

--------------------

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
Re: Dr. Filthysock's feelgood tek (self improvement) [Re: newman77]
    #2476745 - 03/26/04 01:54 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

wow!  personal testamonial from a random stranger! amazing!  :lol:

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: Dr. Filthysock's feelgood tek (self improvement) [Re: question_for_joo]
    #2476802 - 03/26/04 02:06 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

question_for_joo said:
wow!  personal testamonial from a random stranger! amazing!  :lol:

Oh yeah!  I didnt notice that,  :lol:!

--------------------

Offlineaje
Why not?
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #2523260 - 04/04/04 12:11 AM (13 years, 27 days ago)

It would probably be beneficial for me to take up some parts of that routine, but I just can't exercise. My body is too weak and it can and will never get stronger.

--------------------

OfflineHaoma
immortal
    #2529243 - 04/05/04 10:27 PM (13 years, 25 days ago)

interesting post

Edited by Haoma (04/05/04 10:29 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being